EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Xethren
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Okami Shyakai

Loremaster

I like the new paintings, though I think there is a mistake on this one. There is something that really stands out that gives away it's a ripped screenshot. (The targetting ring and arrow LOL!)

Xethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Flara

Loremaster

I noticed these paintings on the city merchant. They're very nice, and grats again to those whose paintings were chosen. I wonder, though, why they are restricted only to people who are in a guild and whose guild is at least level 20? What is the reason for that?
Flara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Yask

General

These paintings currently CANNOT be placed in a guild hall, please can this be changed so they can go in our halls.  Thanks.

(While you are at it can the chronomage reward plushies be set so they can go in guild halls as well please? )

Old 11-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Galldora

Loremaster

I love the new paintings, and I'd like to see their maximum size be set a little larger.  Pretty please? 

Old 11-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Holyduke1234

Loremaster

Please allow us to place them in guild halls.

Grenrick

Holyduke1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Quicksilver74

Loremaster

That is no Arrow... that is actually teh Aquamarine Crown of Fishman Divinity... a rare artifact from the Yahlei.  the mob wearing it is none other than Fishypants, Master of the Shiny Blue Crown.   I know this because it is I, Crabbok... Avenger of teh Crabs at Jarsath in the painting!

Quicksilver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
mrvikt

General

yes please allow for guild halls. what kind of a painting can't be hung in different locations.

mrvikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

mrviktor wrote:

yes please allow for guild halls. what kind of a painting can't be hung in different locations.

The same kind that is no-trade.  No-Trade is the most needless tag in the game when it comes to housing items.

OMG, the game is completely unbalanced, they acquired all the paintings and books in the game, the servers are going to implode!!!! aaarrrrrggggggggg

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Kalria

Loremaster

Rather rude they put these in but without an clear announcement they exist then take them out of game a few days later.

Kalria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Elquinjena

Huntress

/feedback is the best way to let them know

many friends did not learn of the new pictures till too late, others did not have enough status to buy any of them in time before they were removed.

However, the 1st place winners painting is still on the city merchant and is well worth buying. The rest of us 2nd place winner paintings are well, the red headed step childern of the contest. I can think of no other reason why they were finally placed in game for purchase, not anounced and then removed as quietly as they came.

They full filled there part of the contest rules by placing them in game for a Limited time for players to purchase, even though it feels like they really did not wish to do so in the first place.  Some aspect to this whole thing that they regret offering it in the contest but, still had do it. 

I do wish to say, "Guys! next time you offer a reward for a contest, please make sure everyone is on board and ok with the offering. Everyone is human and we all make mistakes, bad judgement calls etc... just be more careful next time eh?"It just gives this impression, from the lenght of time it took from the posting of the contest, to annoucning the winners, to finally placing them in game. It just seems like there was issues with the whole matter.  Also thank you for at least running it and at least leaving the 1st place painting up longer for more people to have a shot at buying it. "I am sorry to see them go too, and not just because I had one in that mix, but because it was Nice to have new painting to buy and hang on our walls. It would have been nice if  the Limited Time, could have been a bit longer instead of such a short, quiet thing.  Those of you who were lucky enough to catch them and get some, now own a very rare item in game.

Antonia Bayle Server - EQII Legion of Kithicor
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
Enna

Loremaster

*nods in agreement with Elquinjena*

/feedback is your friend.

My own request is that they consider returning these offerings on city guild merchants, so that they remain rare (perhaps requiring ally faction?).  That would effectively remove the guild requirement, and replace it with faction for the specific city guild that carries each painting.

I don't know if they will, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. *grins*

The people who make those decisions may miss forum posts, but /feedback sent they will see.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

That is no Arrow... that is actually teh Aquamarine Crown of Fishman Divinity... a rare artifact from the Yahlei.  the mob wearing it is none other than Fishypants, Master of the Shiny Blue Crown.   I know this because it is I, Crabbok... Avenger of teh Crabs at Jarsath in the painting!

This is one situation where what the artist himself says, goes.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
Surgen

Loremaster

I will be doing a /feedback on this. I have been wanting these paintings since I first heard of them and especially since one of my friends was lucky enough to be featured. Suddenly, without announcement or warning, they're for sale, a long time after they were first announced. I was starting to think it was never going to happen. Now I find out that I was supposed to be psychic to get one as I had no idea they were suddenly available. This has been badly handled and these should be brought back, with proper announcement, for some some time, maybe over Frostfell, maybe in another GU, but we should be given another chance to get these items with proper announcement. I'm happy to spend cash and status on these things. Hell, I'd even put my hand in my own pocket and pay SC for these but I will not accept not being given a fair chance to get them. --Surge
Surgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Skwor

Loremaster

Surgen wrote:

I will be doing a /feedback on this. I have been wanting these paintings since I first heard of them and especially since one of my friends was lucky enough to be featured. Suddenly, without announcement or warning, they're for sale, a long time after they were first announced. I was starting to think it was never going to happen. Now I find out that I was supposed to be psychic to get one as I had no idea they were suddenly available. This has been badly handled and these should be brought back, with proper announcement, for some some time, maybe over Frostfell, maybe in another GU, but we should be given another chance to get these items with proper announcement. I'm happy to spend cash and status on these things. Hell, I'd even put my hand in my own pocket and pay SC for these but I will not accept not being given a fair chance to get them. --Surge

It was fair, everyone had the same notification and same opportunity to purchase these paintings. There was NOTHING UNFAIR about it, you were given the SAME fair chance everyone else had. You didn't have to accept anything unfair. What is really being asked is that everyone be told in advance about it. That doesn't make it anymore fair and depending on the medium of advertisement and using your reasoning it could be "unfair" to others who may not frequent the advertisement medium you prefer.

I hope SOE introduces more items this way. This is how you build a community, people are now forced to interact and spread the word. You have to network and make relations. I loved how this was handled and applaud SOE, and no this is not snark, I mean it. This makes the game breath and players co-dependant, which is what most want but most cry about when it really happens.

Good job SOE, thanks for some fun events and unique items well implemented.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
Quicksilver74

Loremaster

I'm sorry but this was handled terribly.  I had to hear from a cross-server tell that the pictures were up for sale.. and the ONLY reason I got such a tell is because one of the pictures features me, so it was like "OMG DOOD!  Look what I found for sale! [LINK]".  If even I had to hear about it through word of mouth, what about others who were NOT featured in a painting? 

We need to bring back the SYSTEM WIDE MESSAGES that would spam across servers at peak hours.  The Type of Messages that you would get when an emergency Down-Time is going to happen.  That was an effective way of getting the message out to people. 

Quicksilver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
Skwor

Loremaster

Then what about those with server wide messages turned off? That would be so unfair to them as well, and what if someone just misses a week, well we need to somehow make it up. SOE should just add all new items to a persons inventory overflow, then when they log on they can decide wether they want it or not and never miss anything the game has to offer, this should be for everything new added to be the fairest.

Seriously though, what is wrong with discovery and surprise and even a little risk. I know this is just a game but consider how bored you would get if everything was always handed to you or if you never had to search OR be surprised.

I am firm, this was well done. I didn't find out until the last day and still had time to BUY all the paintings and do all the quests enough times to get all the items. I also prepare for such things, I network with crafters and raiders, keep a store of over 30 million status points on hand at all times, max out all factions city, crafting and raid. What is the point of achieving all of this if we just make everything a planned event and/or giveaway.

On a side note, I managed to get those items while dealing with a very serious family emergency (that is clearing up) that has kept me from playing much EQ2 at all. However, I also know these things happen on the holidays and asked about such stuff. So I just don't see the issue here. In my uninformed opinion, this appears to be a problem for people who are more casual in playstyle (nothing wrong with that playstyle) you just shouldn't expect to achieve or aquire as much as those who take the game more seriously.

I hope this doesn't come across as unkind or rude and apologize if it did, i am just being frank as I see it.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
Gaige

Loremaster

I don't even care about stuff like this and I had time to buy all 10.  I don't see the issue.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #18
DukeOccam

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

I don't even care about stuff like this and I had time to buy all 10.  I don't see the issue.

The issue is that some people didn't have the time. And just because someone cares about "stuff like this," it doesn't give them any more notification than anyone else got.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
Gaige

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The issue is that some people didn't have the time. And just because someone cares about "stuff like this," it doesn't give them any more notification than anyone else got.

There will always be someone who didn't have the time when something is of a limited duration.  That is why its limited.  The way they did it was fine, and it was probably actually better than fine since I presume the point of it was to make the paintings rare.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
DukeOccam

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

There will always be someone who didn't have the time when something is of a limited duration.  That is why its limited.  The way they did it was fine, and it was probably actually better than fine since I presume the point of it was to make the paintings rare.

Yes, granted some will be able to take part and some won't, but your declaration that it's fine isn't worth a whole lot considering you were on the side of those who were able to take part. Obviously you're okay with it since you got to benefit from it.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
Jgok

Loremaster

Honestly, I think the whole 5th Anniversary thing should have laster for longer than it did. What was it? Like 5 days?

A friend of mine shipped out a few days before it started. He found out about it through a post on these forums, and called me so I could log his character in and run the quests for him. I even paid to reactivate his account for a month, as he'd cancelled it before he was deployed. I was happy to help him get these items, as he's one of those who loves decorating and collecting rare stuff.

Granted, leaving it up longer wouldn't have helped him get the items for himself, but I can definitely understand wanting to have something like this, and being annoyed if, for example, you were traveling on business for a week and completely missed the five-year anniversary of the game.