EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Enui

Loremaster

Well in the spirit of Grimwells "What would you like to see next?" thread for the Station Marketplace, where he is basically asking the player base what they would be willing to pay extra for on top of your monthly subscription fee,  I'd like to start my own "What would you like to see next?" thread.

What would you, as a paying subscriber to this MMO, like to see added to the game that everyone can enjoy.  What do you feel should be provided to the players for "free" based on the cost of your monthly subscription?

Enui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

I would like to see good and evil go at it.  Create another island dedicated to the battle of good and evil and let players of those faction fight each other in a realm vs realm setting.  Put a few keeps in their that can be captured by players.. maybe they have to kill an epic mob to take it.  Let them customize the keep.. put shared dungeon in there that get locked for good.. or evil, depending on who controls the zone.

So in a nut shell, provide a different gaming experience where people get to fight each other.  Note, it's not PvP.. it's not a free for all.  It's RvR, good vs evil.  Let players do the betray quests if they want to switch sides or something.  To me, that would be a lot of fun and I know the buzz would get a lot of new subscriptions and new players coming in from other like games.

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Zarador

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I would like to see good and evil go at it.  Create another island dedicated to the battle of good and evil and let players of those faction fight each other in a realm vs realm setting.  Put a few keeps in their that can be captured by players.. maybe they have to kill an epic mob to take it.  Let them customize the keep.. put shared dungeon in there that get locked for good.. or evil, depending on who controls the zone.

So in a nut shell, provide a different gaming experience where people get to fight each other.  Note, it's not PvP.. it's not a free for all.  It's RvR, good vs evil.  Let players do the betray quests if they want to switch sides or something.  To me, that would be a lot of fun and I know the buzz would get a lot of new subscriptions and new players coming in from other like games.

No thank you! (Unless you make a new Server for it):

Years ago Everquest Live experimented with "Guild Wars" with the end result being long time Guilded players being coerced into a PvP style of play when two Guild Leaders decided that this would be great fun. Basically, by peer preasure, you discovered yourself being forced into an unwelcome play style.

I could however see a new server being added, which would be just fine, for such an enviornment.  Maybe something to the effect of it being an extra slot added just for that server and everyone starting out at square one.  maybe some combat rules as to what level can engage what level so it does not become simply a grief zone with level 80's killing level 10's.

Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Enui wrote:

Well in the spirit of Grimwells "What would you like to see next?" thread for the Station Marketplace, where he is basically asking the player base what they would be willing to pay extra for on top of your monthly subscription fee,  I'd like to start my own "What would you like to see next?" thread.

What would you, as a paying subscriber to this MMO, like to see added to the game that everyone can enjoy.  What do you feel should be provided to the players for "free" based on the cost of your monthly subscription?

Solo methods to get Void Shards.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Faine

Loremaster

Actually, I like the idea of some form of controlled PvP.  I don't like RvR, as I consider it ridiculously imbalanced - not because of the character balance, but because players can play good or evil on the same server.  People want to win - guess which side they'll join?  There are always a few hold outs, that will fight against the winning horde, but getting slaughtered on a daily basis gets old, even for the most die hard hold outs.

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of WoW - I very much prefer EQ2, but the one enjoyable thing that WoW had going for it, in my opinion, was the battlegrounds.  A nice, controlled, goal-oriented PvP area is a lot of fun, and WoW proved that.

And before everyone goes off on the fact that EQ2 has become too much like WoW already, I would remind you that only a fool looks at success and ignores it.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
dbmoreland

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

There are already two.

dbmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Dasein

Loremaster

Custom zones players can rent for use in player-run events. These zones would give players the ability to set their own NPCs, items, and even some limited quest-scripting. For example, I could create an NPC which would give players a scroll after completing a certain dialogue tree. Players would also be able to place any house item or outfit themselves (and any others in the zone) with any armor or clothing item. All of these items would be no-zone, no-value, of course, but this would allow players to set up costumes and so forth as needed.

The zones themselves would simply be versions of existing zones, like guild halls, or the various pocket dungeons like Firemyst Gully or Shattered Vale.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

ohh the rentable zone idea sounds fun

as for me would be nice to have the return of Velious is some form, this time with a true three way war with the giants, dwarves and dragons. and the ability to worship Veeshan by allying with the dragon side.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
Malvin

Loremaster

Zarador wrote:

Years ago Everquest Live experimented with "Guild Wars" with the end result being long time Guilded players being coerced into a PvP style of play when two Guild Leaders decided that this would be great fun. Basically, by peer preasure, you discovered yourself being forced into an unwelcome play style.

I could however see a new server being added, which would be just fine, for such an enviornment.  Maybe something to the effect of it being an extra slot added just for that server and everyone starting out at square one.  maybe some combat rules as to what level can engage what level so it does not become simply a grief zone with level 80's killing level 10's.

Not a guild wars system.. guild fighting is to narrow and not a lot of fun.  You want something everybody can just jump in on and not have to be in some kind of catered guild to it.  And let's be honest, if you guild is forcing you to do something you don't want to do then it's time to switch guilds.

A point was made about balance though, and yes that's always a issue of some kind.  I wouldn't be as worried about to many people playing 1 side though because there will always be those who love the bad odds and will do incredible things to even them.  And being able to betray back and forth would be a huge help.

You can have a RvR system though where everybody can participate in their own way.  If you don't like fighting people then that's cool.. if you like crafting though you could craft siege weapons, repair doors and walls etc.  There are a lot of things that different people can take part in.. it just depends on how much Sony would want to throw in.

Would there be issues.. sure, would it be fun?  You know it would.  Love it or hate it, it would be something totally new and would rock the MMORPG world.. or at least the EQ2 world.  You would have one of the best PvE expeirences out there with EQ2 and with the addition of the new playstyle you would introduce what could be the best RvR systems out there.

To me, in the long run this kind of addition is the only thing that can save EQ2 from continuing to loose subscriptions over time.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
Noaani

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Enui wrote:

Why not just say you want heroic rewards for soloing? as that is the effect this will have.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Deadeyes

Loremaster

Enui wrote:

I want the cost dropped. This game should be free if they are going to shove SmedCash down our throats.

Deadeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
Dasein

Loremaster

Deadeyes wrote:

Enui wrote:

I want the cost dropped. This game should be free if they are going to shove SmedCash down our throats.

But since it's not being shoved down your throat, but rather simply being made available if you choose to particpate, why should the cost be dropped?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #13
Jai1

Loremaster

I would like to see different textures for floors and walls for residence.  There's been like five or so since release.  I'm not sure what else I'd buy.  I'd pay for some kind of pvp minigame.  I'll have to see what's in the store. 

Jai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #14
liveja

General

Dasein wrote:

Custom zones players can rent for use in player-run events. These zones would give players the ability to set their own NPCs, items, and even some limited quest-scripting. For example, I could create an NPC which would give players a scroll after completing a certain dialogue tree. Players would also be able to place any house item or outfit themselves (and any others in the zone) with any armor or clothing item. All of these items would be no-zone, no-value, of course, but this would allow players to set up costumes and so forth as needed.

The zones themselves would simply be versions of existing zones, like guild halls, or the various pocket dungeons like Firemyst Gully or Shattered Vale.

This is an excellent idea, & in fact is much more the kind of RMT I would be willing to support.

Things I'd like to see in future:

• At least one more good race
  • At least one more large contested dungeon
  • More deities
  • A promise that we non-Station Marketplace people will still get new fluffy appearance stuff & house toys at times other than the holidays
  • The letter "M" stricken from the alphabet -- because you always have to include at least one totally crazy demand, just to prove you're sane!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
Oh

General

Zarador wrote:

Not a guild wars system.. guild fighting is to narrow and not a lot of fun.  You want something everybody can just jump in on and not have to be in some kind of catered guild to it.  And let's be honest, if you guild is forcing you to do something you don't want to do then it's time to switch guilds.

A point was made about balance though, and yes that's always a issue of some kind.  I wouldn't be as worried about to many people playing 1 side though because there will always be those who love the bad odds and will do incredible things to even them.  And being able to betray back and forth would be a huge help.

You can have a RvR system though where everybody can participate in their own way.  If you don't like fighting people then that's cool.. if you like crafting though you could craft siege weapons, repair doors and walls etc.  There are a lot of things that different people can take part in.. it just depends on how much Sony would want to throw in.

Would there be issues.. sure, would it be fun?  You know it would.  Love it or hate it, it would be something totally new and would rock the MMORPG world.. or at least the EQ2 world.  You would have one of the best PvE expeirences out there with EQ2 and with the addition of the new playstyle you would introduce what could be the best RvR systems out there.

To me, in the long run this kind of addition is the only thing that can save EQ2 from continuing to loose subscriptions over time.

Personally I am completely against instigating PvP for all of EQ2, this game really isn't balanced/setup to really handle it, and on top of that the majority of players across all of the PvE type realms just don't want it. I would say that simply because take a look at how many folks have duel's turned off, and how many folks actually use the arena now which would be the first step into doing any sort of PvP. Balance is really a significant issue thou, I mean just class balancing alone is out of kilter add in the pvp flavor and you will see the general boards explode worse then the PvP forms do now about how is soo overpowered flavor of the month type of posts.

So to summarize if you want PvP there are plenty of other games out there that IMO do it better, but if you want we do have PvP servers for EQ2 maybe your goals would be meet there.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #16
Grong
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Rebellion

Loremaster

I would like to see more ongoing world events.  Some kind of expedition, adventure, construction could always be going on.

Building spires so that sorcerors get more places to teleport too. 

Due to population growth in both Qeynos and Freeport the respective leaders have taken initiative to reclaim Forest Ruins and Sunken city.  Combine adventurers and crafters to reclaim and then rebuild these areas and open up more player housing.

Make a marketplace with tables where  you can click on a table and select a character who is selling on the broker from the list so you don't have to run to their home 3 zones away.

So many possibilities with this game I sure hope something new and exciting is in the works.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #17
erin

Loremaster

Zarador wrote:

Why do PvPers always want to "introduce" PvP onto PvE servers?  We made a choice already, if we want to try PvP, and many of us have,  we will go to a PvP server.  If it was fun for us "carebears", we probably would already be doing it.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #18
Gisallo

Loremaster

I have no problem grouping or getting shards (already completed the "entry" set of armor now working on saving for the tier 2 stuff) but I do think it fair that soloers get a shot.  Not easy mind you.  Maybe a number of quest series that gives you a shot at a shard at the end of stage one and then a shard and a decent piece of the shard entry level jewelry at the end of phase 2, kinda like the Thugga or Waste Hunter line.  It was a pain in the neck, but I managed to solo both of those with my zerker and my ranger and the classes that don't solo as easy could probably pull it off either bringing a healer, tank or dps friend (depending on what their issue was).  Make part one repeatable, but each stage being random, kinda like what happens when you get the status quests from the givers in Moors vs the pick and chose you get in your home city.  also give the repeat the same reset rate as the zone shard quests.  

If you do this the soloer still has a lot of work to do, it won't be easy, but it will be doable.  Also it will take them a decent enough time for them to get enough shards to get anything so it should not seem like the soloers are having an easier time grouping in more difficult content.  up to a potential max of 3-4 shards (depending on whether the daily double is involved) in 45 minutes to an hour vs. 1-2 shards a day.  Seems fair and should make everyone happy.

I would also like to see another "good" home city.  Either the return of Erud, "New Halas", or maybe let the Dwarves retake Kaladim, something to show that the history of the world is still progressing in terms of civilization being reestablished (I like raiding but am a lore geek too).  There are currently 3 "evil" starting cities and I think we could use one on the good side.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #19
Gisallo

Loremaster

erin wrote:

Why do PvPers always want to "introduce" PvP onto PvE servers?  We made a choice already, if we want to try PvP, and many of us have,  we will go to a PvP server.  If it was fun for us "carebears", we probably would already be doing it.

Because the PvP pop is notoriously low and the PvP rule set stinks compared to other PvP games because it's the square peg into the round hole that is the base EQ2 rule set.  Do you think they would swap servers just for the chance to go to one or two PvP specific zones?  Some but not many.  What many of them hope (and I have spoken to many who also play WAR and AoC) is that if stuff like this happens then PvP rules will be given equal attention to PvE, because they can then say "hey it effects everyone" then.  I do agree this game needs to find its "niche".  To be honest I think it would be more cost effective to eliminate PvP all together.  Less coding time, no need to consider different rule and gear sets when developeing expansions, fewer server reasources to pay for etc.  It would cost some subscribers but I think the overall savings would be more beneficial than adding such rulesets game wide and changing the focus of the game overall.  For more than a few years now the main focus of this game has been instance and group PvE.  It has served them well.  The number of PvPers playing currently are negligible.  PvPers also tend to be the most fickle of the bunch.  Look at AoC.  They started a game had hoardes of new subscribers.  Guess what servers are the most stable pop wise and aren't being as heavily effected by the upcoming server mergers?  PvE.  Why, because PvPers bailed in droves when the new flavor of the month came out...WAR.  I am sure there are many loyal PvPers that play EQ2 but from watching people hop from WoW to AoC and then to WAR I see that the PVEers are more loyal as a whole and hang around longer and I think the bean counters do too.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #20
Noaani

Loremaster

Not including the stuff we know is coming...

Before the next expansion, I would like to see a new Qeynos alinged starting city, with a new race. I would like to see 1 new x4 raid zone (on top of the x2 and x4 we know are on the way), and I would like to see an involved raid based quest series.

I would like to see some solo content that has some repeatability to it, as although there is a lot of solo questing that can be done at level 80, once you have done it, you are out of solo content.

I would like to see all old world raid mobs done up in a manner similar to the EQlive fabled mobs, with loot to match. This would be something to work on for EQ2s 5th birthday, even if the mobs are only avalible for 1 month a year (and have fairly small loot tables).

I would like to see the missing parts of existing contenents added to the game. This is areas such as the southern portion of The isle of Ro, the part of Kunark north of the Lake of Ill Omen (Obulus something, or something Obulous it is called) and Kurns Tower.

I want to see several mini games added to the client. Not games like LoN, which are actually their own game altogether, but games that are a part of EQ2. I'd like to see several different types of this, from simple things like gems and other 'casual' games that could be found on the station.sony website. I'd also like to see some more involved games, from things like chess and poker (played on chess boards in houses, or in taverns) to a fleshing out of "kings Field" which is mentioned in game (and which I would like to see as being similar to the old game Archon). These games should not take away from the actual gameplay of the game, but can be used as something to do while lfg, or while waiting for your group/raid. The idea being that people are more a part of the community if they are playing an in game mini game like this than they are if the alt+tab out of the game to find entertainment while waiting, which is what happens now.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:34 AM   #21
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

What I'd like, I've wanted, /feedbacked, and mentioned on these boards for ages. But I do so love the sound of my keys clacking, so...

1) Create racial/cultural and imagery rich areas appearance armour. Doesn't have to be an exhaustive range, just some items that evoke the race. Made available through NPCs in areas rich in that imagery, as quest rewards, or have options to buy it from a local NPC requiring we have the neccesary faction.

Some examples;

Everfrost -  have those quests available from the zone in and nearby quest hubs give faction. Make one of the idle NPC's a faction merchant. At a faction increment in-line with a fair chunk of those quests (kindly, or something) have available the Halasion "kilt", "great kilt", and "sash" items, in a wide range of fantasy tartans. And a furred cloak, complimented by furred boots and gloves.

When the imagery rich Lavastorm gets revamped and a quest hub introduced, has a quest series that rewards level appropriate armour, with all the cloth/leather/chain/plate choices as normal - but have that armour textured in a lava design, shifting through the yellow/orange/red hues into dry blacks, akin to how the Cloak of Flames handles it. 

New Tunaria could benefit from a wistful High Elf or two at the zone in. A pair of rewards could be a head slot item in the form of a fancy Elven tiara, and a robe cut in a style evocative of High Elves.

The Irontoe Dwarves that send folk about on errands could do with a few of their quest rewards being changed, or an extra quest or two being installed. The rewards being a set of appearance armour forged in a Dwarven style. Resilent and utilitarian looking, with heavy hobnailed boots, and rivets standing out.

2) Racial dances. Yes, we get it's difficult, time consuming, all that, but it's been a few years now, and that existing /dance should get relegated to whatever the acceptable but slang term is for a mentally handicapped person.

3) Racial traits. We should have more of them. We should actually have a choice. As it stands, we don't really have a choice, if we're non-crafters, there's only so many to choose and our "every ten levels" options means we exhaust them.

All races should have enough to support all archetypes. All cultures need to have these archetypes covered, else they'd die out, and we should continue to be able to choose our race/class combination on whatever floats our boat, not arbitary traits.

There should be nothing amongst these traits to create cookie cutter "best" choices, but evocatively differently named abilities that support them all. All these should of course be run by more than the dev that creates them to ensure their main character hasn't accidentally been made the best it could be, to the detriment of others, and further tested on the obvious server to provide the testers the opportunity to provide feedback that might not have been considered by the devs.

4) A new channel should be made for advertisments. LoN tournaments and StationCash announcements being such would find a home on it. Allowing us to choose which window gets these announcements, or opt out of seeing them at all.

Wow, and I didn't use the word "spam" once... oops.

5) Every time something is made for StationCash a thought should be made to how to offer that to the community without shelling out real money, if it's an appropriate item for the game world to offer. Such as the new Ironforge Armour set, it should be available to those with Ironforge faction or gained from a quest series from them.

6) Petrified Eyes should be merged into one or more items via one or more collection quests. As it stands they're a strongbox filler on their own. They could be merged into one item, which could provide the available illusions through a menu.

The collection stage could possibly be broken up into three quests. That of small races, medium races and large races. The rewarded items of which could in turn be turned to the arching collection, as per the butterfly collections.

7) Rare collectables should be hung from the neck until dead. These create problems. Their existence renders every other collectable in that set somewhat pointless. They make a mess of the journal, have an obvious imbalancing effect on the economy of collectables.

If for some reason having some of these arbitrarily rare is neccesary, then spread it out, make half the collection a little rarer than the rest, but ditch the "one of these you're never gonna see, but end up with several dozen of each of the others if you ever try to get it".

8 ) Collections that grant a level appropriate armour/jewellry reward should be brought in-line with other items of their level. And where possible, consider changing the reward entirely - if it's from an imagery rich collection, then change the graphic to something evocative of that imagery so it could at least serve appearance (example: fae bones could reward a cloak with a graphic of fairy wings) - or just make it another house item.

9) Furniture. Make it swivel on an additional axis.

10) Enable more options in a house's textures. We have more imagery to draw upon that we did back then, consider painting floors/walls/ceiling with those that have been used evocatively in the rest of the game.

Also, and this could cost us a few more pennies, but make each room seperate for the purposes of assigning floor/wall/ceiling options, rather than it applying to everything on that floor.

One of these options could be paint. There's no real reason why our characters couldn't get a brush and paint the walls.

11) Class hat. Add an extra quest to the level 20 class armour questline, to grant us an appropriate hat so we don't have to wait 60+ levels before we look like our class.

While at it, change the class armours that are less evocative of that class than more recent armour sets.

12) Consider making some other items provide a graphic or graphic effect. A belt could provide a graphic that applies over any existing armour (such as the "sash" in the Everfrost example of #1). A neck piece could provide a graphic to those without a chest item displayed.

13) Make a gi that actually looks something like a gi, rather than a bondage suit. And whoever started making the gi look the way they have continued to look, don't accept their invitations to go to a night club, you might get unpleasently surprised. For a start they won't be dancing like the /dance emote.

As per issue#1, have a few of them available from the Isle of Mara. Quested, factioned, or from a recipe tailors can pick up.

14) Enable appearance slots for weapons/shields. There's so many appealing looking weapons out there now, that are let down by not being effective.

If need be, apply limitations. Only allowing a crushing weapon overwriting in the appearance slot above an equipped crushing weapon, or requiring a 1hander only over a 1hander.

15) Enable a charm slot for charms that provide a graphic - such as a torch.

16 Install more hair options. Have it that the city barbers have worked out how to cut hair with generic styles on any head.

17) Have /mood effect an idle animation. With /angry causing us to clench our fists and the like, /scared prompting a cower while casting nervous glances left and right.

18 ) If anyone designs a piece of armour with spikes on it, stab them in the eye with a rusty spoon. There's a reason we didn't have spiked armour, it'd more likely kill us than protect us. Instead of blows being deflected by the armour, they'd be caught, and steered into us. So no spikes... I have a rusty spoon if you need one.

Those are obviously in addition to the required bug fixes. Those that make you think the additional devs alloted to SC could be better served elsewhere. 

Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 AM   #22
Pidgeon

Loremaster

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

The ten part ring event.

Giants vs Dwarfs.

Sleepers Tomb

Pidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #23
shadowedwolf

Loremaster

Things I'd like to see... ya know...

1) Racial/Class Armour - I don't care if it's stat-less... I'd like to see 7 new pieces of armour... designed for race and class. Even if it is just recycled... it'd be nice to be able to get a head piece for classes that I'd don't have to group for. Don't get me wrong, I like grouping but sometimes I'm just not in the mood. Racial armour though... that'd be awesome. I 7 part quest that details the history of each race... each quest giving once piece of armour. Make it like the lvl 20 quests... only... all seven pieces of armour and unique to each race. Make it uni-sex one size fits all for all I care. I wanna see racial armour. :p

2) House NPCs - Useless fluff like guild hall guards only... ya know... for your house... and preferably w/o a tag under thier name. It could be a quest. Maybe something like... 'learn to be a good host, rich dude in order to hire on servents and have social gatherings.' The quest NPC could teach you to dance (like that one in the NotD haunted house) clean house, eat 'correctly' etc... and when said quest is done... you have the ability to purchase CUSTOMIZABLE NPCs to place in your home. Sure, they'd just stand there and look pretty... but... how cool would it be to make it look like your having a party in your Pub?

3) Paintings and Sculptures - Of famous Norrathians, well known places (new and old), Dieties and the Cities of Old! Sure, some races have gotten thier homelands back, others have discovered but have to fight to maybe regain them while yet others don't even know if thier homelands still exist. I'd love to see some of these places redone in paintings and sculptures for the home. Crafted, quested... I don't care... I want... w/o Smed Cash or LoN. :p

4) More Slots - Yea yea... I know... heard it before. But... *I* wouldn't mind paying a couple dollors extra a month per new slot. I don't wanna open a second account and why pay for station access for for slots when I don't play the other SoE games? It'd be nice to be able to pay an extra dollor or so for an extra toon slot.

And that's it... my mind is wiped... heh

Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 AM   #24
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

Pidgeon wrote:

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

The ten part ring event.

Giants vs Dwarfs vs Dragons.

Sleepers Tomb

Fixed, long as they are a ally option

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #25
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

what i want to see, seperated in real and unreal wishes:

- A more lag free game.- A more stable game.- A more bugfree game.- A faster game, even with eyecandy on.- More Marketing for the Game- Stationcash and the Responsibles driven to the nine hells.

So, and for the Real ones SMILEY :

- A new large Soloquestline with a SoloDungeon.- A new Heroic Instance.- A new Raidzone.- A new Bunch of Crafting Events.

Two of the Above every month, like month 1: Solo & Heroic, Month 2: Raidzone and Crafting....

- An Adventure Pack every Summer, like the Previous APs. (wouldn't mind to pay for that, like i didn't mind to pay forSplitpaw and Fallen Dynasty)- A Contested Dungeon in TSO.- Weapon Appearance Slots.- An UI without the SC Button in it SMILEY- Scaling of old Raidzones to 80.- An easy and hard option for Heroic Dungeons: Less/More HP of Mobs, Less/More Damageoutput of Mobs, Less/MoreChance of Dropping Legendary/Masterchests - Keep it as simple as that, don't rewrite scripted events or special Mob abilities.

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #26
Wulfgr
Server: Antonia Bayle

General

shadowscale wrote:

Pidgeon wrote:

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

Velious

The ten part ring event.

Giants vs Dwarfs vs Dragons.

Sleepers Tomb

Fixed, long as they are a ally option

QFE.  I couldn't agree more.

I personally would like to see.......A playable Goblin race.  I just think that would be sweet.  I want a goblin wizard named Gummy Numbbelly

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #27
Rezin44

Loremaster

I would like to see them take station cash out of the game. They have the exchange servers for real money transactions...forking stupid.

Rezin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
Malvin

Loremaster

Folks, RvR != PvP.. there is an extreme difference between the two.  Yes, I will 100% agree with you that I don't want PvP.. that's not what I'm saying... that's not RvR.  If you think RvR is PvP then you need to take a big step back and research the differences between the two.

So to summarize if you want PvP there are plenty of other games out there that IMO do it better, but if you want we do have PvP servers for EQ2 maybe your goals would be meet there.

Actually, there isn't.  Probably the best 'PvP' game out there is eve-online, beyond that you don't really have a lot of options.  But, to get back to the point, we are talking about RvR here.. not PvP.  In a nut shell, PvP destorys communties and is counter to what a lot of PvE is about.  RvR on the other hand aguments PvE and builds even stronger communities.

So when we talk about RvR, don't jump to the conclusions because you had a PvP experience.. they aren't even in the same ballpark.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #29
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

Noaani wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Enui wrote:

Why not just say you want heroic rewards for soloing? as that is the effect this will have.

There is no such thing as "heroic rewards" in this game.

CrazyMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

There are already two.

I can't wait to hear this....

CrazyMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote