EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #31
Elinea

I've been interested in helping to get this fixed since I first encountered it in September, and I started posting in the threads you mentioned (the issue tracker as well) back then. I'm glad you were in the right place at the right time this time around so that you could see it as it happened.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #32
Amaitae

after I did all the quests, this works now. maybe had not enough faction for the quest ?
Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #33
Kaitheel

Developer

The following change has been made internally:
  • Pet the Puppy - Bhardain is back at his location to receive his pup.
When this change hits the Beta server it should be included in the update notes.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #34
Raenius

"Can you picture that?" was the last quest I could do now in Maldura - after this I don`t get anymore.
Underdepth-Saga: Mysteries of Maldura has 3rd checkbox ticked off, the other two are still open - did I miss something so far?

Only have Pet the Puppy open (will be fixed soon) and Umbrite Locked Tight which seems to be the x2 access for Bhougbh instance.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #35
Raenius

I am "lè stüpid!" - just speak to citizens like the quests tells you....Rae...wtf.....dude...

nvm.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #36
dngrmse

Quest: "Doin' it for the Schematics"

The portion of the quest where you break open crates while searching for the hydraulic pumps is bugged. For my copied-from-live character, all crates are empty. Crates spawn only a single time. I've deleted the quest, and restarted. Tried doing just the plates first.

I previously completed this step on a created for beta, and buffed character.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #37
Beee

Quest: "Doin' it for the Schematics"
The tooltip and pling for the first step ( coordinates of the book -84.16, 13.21, 194.94) is not over the book - it's looks like the book should stand on a different Position (or the book is missing)
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #38
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes have been made internally:
  • Doin' it for the Schematics - Obtaining compact hydraulic pumps is now a group update.
  • Doin' it for the Schematics - Obtaining reinforced arcannium plates is now a group update.
  • Umbrite Locked Tight - Umbrite vault is only present in "Maldura: District of Ash [Heroic]" as intended.
I do not know when these changes will make it to the Beta server, but keep an eye out for them in the update notes.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #39
Kaitheel

Developer

The book is missing from the shelf, but that's exactly the problem that you then have to resolve in the quest.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #40
Kaitheel

Developer

The crates have chance of being empty, that is intentional. I am sorry that you had encountered such a high rate of empty ones. I've made an adjustment to that for the next update.

Crates do respawn and at a pretty good rate, I just confirmed, but they do have a lot of possible spots where they can spawn.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #41
Amaitae

district of ashes adv solo. you can fall through lift when moving on lift.
[IMG]
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #42
Amaitae

Quest valley of the thralls: wand cooldown time could be shorter.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #43
Jrel

District of Ashes (Adv Solo): You can fall through sometimes when zoomed out even though toon is on the lift in the center.

Maldura: Would like a Reforger NPC please!!
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #44
Kuulei

[BUGS] and Oddities
ITEM -523053474 -941336204 0 0 0:Thaneni's Staff shows to lay on the ground or equipped by feet in the dressing room. This item is received for and used in the quest: Preservation Fragmentation and does not disappear after you finish. Perhaps it wants to be a house item afterwards?

ITEM 554443375 1451854718Tonguerototype Viewfinder Made and required for the quest: For Your Eyes Only
this item doesn't disappear after you finish the quest(s)
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:48 PM   #45
Chrol

Developer

Reforgers are coming.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:29 PM   #46
Elinea

While running two quests "Ooze Cruise" (Getting the tok oil for Alaric Clangzback) and "Can You Picture That?" (offered by Dalkuhm in the Mushroom bar).

The rewards for these two quests are identical. Not sure if it's intended, but both offer a choice of an Astral Umbrite ring, or a Pyre Umbrite ring.`
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #47
Anatha

Some feedback on Maldura quest Umbrite Locked Tight. In order for me to complete the quest, I had to join a group and do the heroic version of District of Ash. I am hoping this will not be the case when it goes live. Advanced Solo is fine. Solo is fine, but not sure this signature quest really should require a group to finish. Just my opinion.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #48
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got a few more fixes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Gilzen's Lingering Legacy - Cloingborn's thaumaturgic actuato's examined details no longer says, "lingering_magic"
  • Eggcelent Population - Reeds and egg locations no longer spawn within rocks and other geo.
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-01-2015, 06:02 AM   #49
Kuulei

[BUG] ACH 1638878161:Quest Over-Achiver in Terrors of Thalumbra
is the same reward as ACH 2469641233BigGrineepforge Delver

both are rewarding ITEM 2076479514 -1941474578 0 0 0:Terrors of Thalumbra Tradeskill Beta Reward
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:17 AM   #50
Cleitus

That quest isn't part of the sig line. Pretty sure it is the access quest to the x2 raid.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #51
Mermut

Smelly Ore for Toadie
The quest step reads:
Smelt vanadintie down into ferrovanadium bars at the Forge of Brell, withing Maldura.
When I click on the forge (either of them) the crafting window pops up, and no recipe exists.
When I right click on the forge I get examine and create. Neither of which will smelt the ore.
Right-clicking on 'a chunk of vanadinite' just brings up the item examine window.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #52
Gigglezzz

You have to click on the fire at the forge of brell, not just on the highlighted forge itself, if that makes sense. There is fire coming up when you place your cursor over it, it will turn into a hand for you to click.
Gigglezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
Mermut

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Edit: That did, indeed, work. Thanks for the tip. Finding the 'hand' while the whole forge lit up was a bit fussy, but I progressed the quest and I can help others who may (or may not) run into the same issue.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #54
Jakaan

Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow
  • Investigate the Dark Gears' presence: Took the elevator down to the forge area and found (2) a Dark Gears Recon. Killed them both, and one called for a medic. The medic never arrived and both remain as "a dead Dark Gears recon". The entire zone has been cleared and there are no other Recon or Medics on track at all.
    • Does this mean the zone is bugged and I will have to delete and redo the entire quest?
Old 11-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #55
Feef

ok trying to get the achievement Malduran Defender it says I need 11 quests to get. My completed quests say I have completed 11 quests but achievement says I'm 1 short not shure where I'm missing only quest I have left is umbrite locked tight but cant do heroics so if that one is required it would be 12 instead of 11 to get achievement and I don't think ill be able to finish that one.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #56
Tabri

You have to kill the last named in the zone.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #57
Tabri

You have to complete umbrite locked tight
Old 11-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #58
Jakaan

Any clue as to what I'm missing? Nothing on track except for the friendlies..
Old 11-02-2015, 12:23 AM   #59
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got another round of changes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Valley of the Thralls - Dhalgar citizens of outer Maldura will no longer appear as quest targets.
  • Goals in the Shoals - All chitin terror eggs now spawn in accessable locations in the Savage Spires and immediate surrounding areas.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - gnemlish mini-booms are now in a different container to help differenciate them from the crates already present in the region.
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-02-2015, 01:52 AM   #60
Tabri

There is a named in the lava stand on the edge of the lava kill adds that come until he spawns.(down the elevator area).