EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Cakvala

Happy Camper

Ive started working on housing items for Everquest and Capes for Everquest II, currently I went nutty with weapons.

My primary design resources were, 3D Studio max 2013, Photoshop CS5 and some plugins thrown in there.

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven (With time permitting, I will be created race specific shields if I can get some help with their symbols of each race!)Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum 

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
RinQual_Gorgshriek

Happy Camper

AMAZING!

Good work!

Also: Can you even add gore into items??

RinQual_Gorgshriek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

You do good work Cakavala. Being a monk I am limited in what I can use, but when the hammer of Mastrum goes on sale I will buy one just to support a fellow artist.

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Cakvala

Happy Camper

rollenzekson wrote:

You do good work Cakavala. Being a monk I am limited in what I can use, but when the hammer of Mastrum goes on sale I will buy one just to support a fellow artist.

Thanks! Yeah I buy other peoples stuff all the itme, the Hammer should be submitted soon. Rest of these items are already in completed status.  SMILEY

Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Cakvala

Happy Camper

RinQual_Gorgshriek wrote:

AMAZING!

Good work!

Also: Can you even add gore into items??

That actually is rust! SMILEY

Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

Rust and blood go together well.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Reliquary

Happy Camper

Cakvala wrote:

Ive started working on housing items for Everquest and Capes for Everquest II, currently I went nutty with weapons.

My primary design resources were, 3D Studio max 2013, Photoshop CS5 and some plugins thrown in there.

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven (With time permitting, I will be created race specific shields if I can get some help with their symbols of each race!)Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum

They all look pretty, but I suspect some of those (especially the axe) is pushing 1K tri's....

Reliquary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
IceSy

Happy Camper

LOVE the staff! Although you have done an awesome job on all of them!

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Cakvala

Happy Camper

Reliquary wrote:

Cakvala wrote:

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum

They all look pretty, but I suspect some of those (especially the axe) is pushing 1K tri's....

These were all accepted, all are well below the 400 Tri Poly requirement they have, only one I had to rework is the Hammer of the Mastrum which was over that amount due to my own fault. :p Everything is painted in the textures for detail the actual model is very simple.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

Reliquary wrote:

One can get some really nice detail on a weapon with 400 tri's. Just be careful with the handle mostly and avoid well rounded corners. I do a lot of extrude spline for weapon shapes and after I am done with the blade I will be at 1K+, but then I just break out the target weld and reduce it where I can get away with it the best. I was able to keep a pretty nice curve on the blade of The Fullmetal this way, but stayed within budget.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #11
Crystilla

SOE Community Council

Cakvala, I love that hammer.  Will be buying that one once it becomes available for sure.

Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Cakvala

Happy Camper

Hi everyone, below are the current submissions that were placed today with Sony. Once they are processed we should see them in the Market in about 60 days or so! Also my prior items are all almost all available.

Grandfather Clock

Mushroom Cluster

Three Flagposts with Lamps. (All Separate items)

Axe of Storms - 2HS

Here are the rest for Everquest, Everquest 2 Capes are incoming probably in a week or so.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
IceSy

Happy Camper

The Grandfather Clock and Light Poles look awesome! Can't wait to buy them

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

Nice axe! Hope they accept it with that lightning bolt texture.

You are making me want to post all my items before they are in game :p

Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Covic

Developer

rollenzekson wrote:

Posting your items is great, it gives the community a chance to see what is being made and also give some feedback.  This can hopefully only help your chance of getting things submited to be sold on the player studio market place.

Dave B.

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Cakvala

Happy Camper

Covic wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

Posting your items is great, it gives the community a chance to see what is being made and also give some feedback.  This can hopefully only help your chance of getting things submited to be sold on the player studio market place.

Dave B.

I created the lightning bolt texture with some filters in photoshop so I don't think it will have an issue. 

Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper

Methinks I may accidentally have started a trend, but it's fascinating to see all the amazing designs others are offering! SMILEY

Eden_Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote