EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Ive started working on housing items for Everquest and Capes for Everquest II, currently I went nutty with weapons.

My primary design resources were, 3D Studio max 2013, Photoshop CS5 and some plugins thrown in there.

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven (With time permitting, I will be created race specific shields if I can get some help with their symbols of each race!)Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum 

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
RinQual_Gorgshriek

Happy Camper
RinQual_Gorgshriek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Default

AMAZING!

Good work!

Also: Can you even add gore into items??

RinQual_Gorgshriek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

You do good work Cakavala. Being a monk I am limited in what I can use, but when the hammer of Mastrum goes on sale I will buy one just to support a fellow artist.

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

rollenzekson wrote:

You do good work Cakavala. Being a monk I am limited in what I can use, but when the hammer of Mastrum goes on sale I will buy one just to support a fellow artist.

 Thanks! Yeah I buy other peoples stuff all the itme, the Hammer should be submitted soon. Rest of these items are already in completed status.  SMILEY

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

RinQual_Gorgshriek wrote:

AMAZING!

Good work!

Also: Can you even add gore into items??

 That actually is rust! SMILEY

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Rust and blood go together well.

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Reliquary

Happy Camper
Reliquary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Default

Cakvala wrote:

Ive started working on housing items for Everquest and Capes for Everquest II, currently I went nutty with weapons.

My primary design resources were, 3D Studio max 2013, Photoshop CS5 and some plugins thrown in there.

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven (With time permitting, I will be created race specific shields if I can get some help with their symbols of each race!)Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum

They all look pretty, but I suspect some of those (especially the axe) is pushing 1K tri's....

Reliquary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
IceSy

Happy Camper
IceSy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default

LOVE the staff! Although you have done an awesome job on all of them!

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Reliquary wrote:

Cakvala wrote:

Ive started working on housing items for Everquest and Capes for Everquest II, currently I went nutty with weapons.

My primary design resources were, 3D Studio max 2013, Photoshop CS5 and some plugins thrown in there.

Butcher's Best FriendSword of EdirolAxe of UrnvaWarrior's CallingSpirit ShieldLion's CrestShield of ReignDragon GazeShield of Haven Shield of the MastrumStaff of the MastrumDark Blade of LuvianShield of Fear (Influenced by ROF expansion)Hammer of the Mastrum

They all look pretty, but I suspect some of those (especially the axe) is pushing 1K tri's....

These were all accepted, all are well below the 400 Tri Poly requirement they have, only one I had to rework is the Hammer of the Mastrum which was over that amount due to my own fault. :p Everything is painted in the textures for detail the actual model is very simple.

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Reliquary wrote:

They all look pretty, but I suspect some of those (especially the axe) is pushing 1K tri's....

One can get some really nice detail on a weapon with 400 tri's. Just be careful with the handle mostly and avoid well rounded corners. I do a lot of extrude spline for weapon shapes and after I am done with the blade I will be at 1K+, but then I just break out the target weld and reduce it where I can get away with it the best. I was able to keep a pretty nice curve on the blade of The Fullmetal this way, but stayed within budget.

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #11
Crystilla

SOE Community Council
Crystilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Cakvala, I love that hammer.  Will be buying that one once it becomes available for sure.

Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Hi everyone, below are the current submissions that were placed today with Sony. Once they are processed we should see them in the Market in about 60 days or so! Also my prior items are all almost all available.

Grandfather Clock

Mushroom Cluster

Three Flagposts with Lamps. (All Separate items)

Axe of Storms - 2HS

Here are the rest for Everquest, Everquest 2 Capes are incoming probably in a week or so.

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
IceSy

Happy Camper
IceSy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Default

The Grandfather Clock and Light Poles look awesome! Can't wait to buy them

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Nice axe! Hope they accept it with that lightning bolt texture.

You are making me want to post all my items before they are in game :p

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Covic

Developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 65
Default

rollenzekson wrote:

Nice axe! Hope they accept it with that lightning bolt texture.

You are making me want to post all my items before they are in game :p

Posting your items is great, it gives the community a chance to see what is being made and also give some feedback.  This can hopefully only help your chance of getting things submited to be sold on the player studio market place.

Dave B.

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Cakvala

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Covic wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

Nice axe! Hope they accept it with that lightning bolt texture.

You are making me want to post all my items before they are in game :p

Posting your items is great, it gives the community a chance to see what is being made and also give some feedback.  This can hopefully only help your chance of getting things submited to be sold on the player studio market place.

Dave B.

I created the lightning bolt texture with some filters in photoshop so I don't think it will have an issue. 

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper
Eden_Evergreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 63
Default

Methinks I may accidentally have started a trend, but it's fascinating to see all the amazing designs others are offering! SMILEY

Eden_Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.