EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Fayabella

Lorekeeper

Ive been wondering when they will come out with a new marketplace heritage armor set..

I'd be really interested in a Fae/Arasai or Kerra armor set...

Does anyone else agree?

I hope they do decide to come out with some new ones!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I'm waiting for wood elf and high elf myself. hoping high elf will be a plate armor look.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

I'm waiting on sarnak, personally.

And I've been wondering when the new armor hits as well.  I normally hate the marketplace, but heritage armors are the one thing I will buy.  They're beautiful.

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Tygana
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dragon Fodder

Loremaster

/ChantOn

We want Kerra! We want Kerra! We want Kerra! We want Kerra! We want Kerra! We want Kerra! We want Kerra!

/ChantOff

Tygana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

I agree about the Fae/Arasai-i dont play a kerra so i don't have an opinion on that, but i hope they do come out with it soon for you. Personally, I'd like to see what they come up with for halfling heritage armorSMILEY

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Elskidor

Loremaster

I've never actually used a heritage crate on the specific class it was intended for so I really don't care. I'm surprised they have not made more of these though. Honnestly, a couple of them are about the only fluff item that temp me enough to buy, but still feel these should have been done as long class signature quests in game. Mythical appearance quest!!

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Kasar

Loremaster

Hopefully a Kerran set would include something similar to the Circlet of True Sight, I like it's look better than most on a Kerran head.

aITEM 890934667 -1322579029:Circlet of True Sight/a

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #8
Deago

Loremaster

In the prestige house video (new) Domino gives us a preview of a new set on her dark elf female and it looks hot.  Hope to see that soon.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
Novusod

Loremaster

I am hoping they add Half-elf and Wood-eff heritage armor soon.

Discussion on Half-elf Heritage armor

Discussion on Wood-elf Heritage armor

Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #10
Fayabella

Lorekeeper

I want to see what their image/concept of a Fae/Arasai heritage set looks like.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

They should try making a set of heritage armour that isnt fighter styled at all. High elf should be mage based I think, wood elf should be scout based.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #12
Cakeny

Lord

Iksar, 'nuff said.

Cakeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
Deago

Loremaster

Trolls should get a t-shirt that says "u mad?" or  "haters gonna hate"   SMILEY

Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They should try making a set of heritage armour that isnt fighter styled at all. High elf should be mage based I think, wood elf should be scout based.

honestly what they should do is make multiple sets of heritage for the different styles. might take 4 times as long, but you'd cover all the different armor styles.

High elves in eq1 were paladins, mages, and clerics. I was a high elf pally in eq1, high elf pally in eq2, and it would annoy me if the heritage armor is a robe that I'd never wear because as a fighter I want a plate look.

just like I'm sure there were planty of shadowknights annoyed with the DE armor being mage looking.

and I'm sure a lot of human mages were upset at the plate look for them.

but right now they only 'plate' heritage look we have on the market is the human one, if you don't count the 'turn you into a clockwork' gnome outfit.

the DE is a magish leather.

Ogre is biker like leather, covered in studs and spikes.

ratonga is a swashbuckler/three musketeer cloth

barbarian is a celtic/viking leather/chain look

erudite is...well erudite is a horrible genie-ish cloth look.

I'd love to see Iksar/high elf/dwarf get plate looks. half elf/wood elf/froglok get a chain...let the sarnak/halflings/fae get a leather, and the arasai get a cloth look.

dunno what I'd wanna see a troll in SMILEY

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

What they should do is create a questline involving the heritage armor, or somehow link the armor with actual heritage quests/achievements. For example if you complete 5 heritage quests you get one piece of your races HQ armor, complete 10 and you get another piece etc.....

But sadly SOE are not in the business of creating content anymore, it's all playing barbie these days sadly.

TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
Shawnyve

Loremaster

TwistedFaith wrote:

What they should do is create a questline involving the heritage armor, or somehow link the armor with actual heritage quests/achievements. For example if you complete 5 heritage quests you get one piece of your races HQ armor, complete 10 and you get another piece etc.....

But sadly SOE are not in the business of creating content anymore, it's all playing barbie these days sadly.

You mean like Final Fantasy XI did I don't even know how many years ago?  Getting your set of armor meant something there.

Amazing how SOE took some good ideas from that game: heroic opportunies are a "poor mans version" of FFXI renkai (Skillchains). The main difference was in that game you needed to know how to use them to keep chaining mobs and keeping your XP gain up, or just plain needed to use them on the big 'uns. They kind of borrowed from the crafting system with "interdependence" and subcombines.

But then left others like racial armor by the wayside. FFXI also has I believe the best AH system for an MMO. And food... groups would check what food you were using before taking you. We're starting to get there with the food, but haven't quite nailed it yet. That's one they can still improve on though (doesn't require making a whole new "system", just better itemization - starting with the level 10 foods so people get used to "needing" it).

Putting it on the right altar is another.
Shawnyve is offline   Reply With Quote