EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Chris14

Loremaster

It was my understanding that the 6 Year Veteran Rewards would go live today after the patch but it's not shown under my /claim.

My original activation date for EQ2 is November 6, 2004 (Just over 5 years) and then plus the (90 days x 4 expansions) should give me just over 6 years.

Has anyone else got them or was there a note I missed?

Chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Saihung23

Loremaster

Do a claim again.

From what I have read it is invis on the first try and visible on the second.

This is not a bug, it is working as intended.  ;)

Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Frippaneeni
Server: Unrest
Guild: Clan Twisted Limb

Loremaster

This happened to me as well. I was all excited, did a /claim, and alas, it wasn't there. Upon closing the claim window, I saw a system message saying I had the reward. Opened it again, and there it was.

Frippaneeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Sphiriah

Loremaster

If your account was inactive for any period of time this year and beyond, it won't count, so you may have to wait.

Screwed me out of my 6 year reward because they wanted to "fix" something that had been the same for 4 years already.

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

Remember that the TSO expansion did NOT have the normal +90 days added to your account that all of the other expansions had. This actually raised quite a fuss when TSO came out but if those last 90 days are what would have put you over the 6 year mark, then you're going to have to wait.

Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
Fodslad

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If your account was inactive for any period of time this year and beyond, it won't count, so you may have to wait.

Screwed me out of my 6 year reward because they wanted to "fix" something that had been the same for 4 years already.

Well thats crap beings how I have been on and off since the launch of eq1 I would say thats loyal enough.

Fodslad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
DobyMT

Loremaster

Yeah, EQ2 always had the policy that your account aged from the time you subbed....apparently now they LOVE to screw over their more loyal subscribers. I just love the marketting and CS of SOE when it comes to this game... BTW they screwed me out of a good amount of time because of a DEPLOYMENT I was on....
DobyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #8
Mythanote
Guild: Radiance

Loremaster

Let me get this right...

You're proclaiming you are *Loyal* but yet openly state you unsubscribed throught out this year/ last year/ life of your subscription.  Yep, it's great that you keep coming back, truely.  But the rewards are for those that maintained active subs, not just everyone that was here on and off as the MMO hopped.

Cheers.

Mythanote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #9
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Regardless of your reason, you quit giving SOE 15 bucks every month, so you get to wait. Some players have payed 15 bucks every month since the game went live and payed full price for every expansion and adventure pack... so you'll have to chill out if they get their vet reward a few days earlier than you.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
Mythanote
Guild: Radiance

Loremaster

And I didnt single anyone out, reason for the this year/ last year/ life of your subscription in my post.  But thanks for insults.  I played back at launch, and left around the Splitpaw Saga.  Came back right after TSO.  WAIT, I should get all the veteran rewards, amiright?  (sarcasm intended about my claim to rewards... for the slow)

Mythanote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
NrthnStar5

Loremaster

My irritation is why did TSO not add a bonus of 90 days like all the last expansion packs? This would have put me at the 6 year mark. Disappointed.

NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
agnott

Loremaster

What is the reward?    Is it even worth arguing over?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the 1st year vet reward for eq1 was a unlimited 1 hour exp buff with a 24hr recast.  I don't think the eq2 fireworks and the 1 and done potions were as useful as that.

On the other hand it's rude to complaim about somthing "technically" free.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

What is the reward?    Is it even worth arguing over?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the 1st year vet reward for eq1 was a unlimited 1 hour exp buff with a 24hr recast.  I don't think the eq2 fireworks and the 1 and done potions were as useful as that.

On the other hand it's rude to complaim about somthing "technically" free.

5 things, a exp debt remover with charges, a hammer that you can click to recharge tradekill vitality, a orb you can click to summon a item that you can use to call to your group / raid mates , and a box with a appearence hat and cloak. 

the hat and cloak have a pretty neat look to them.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
Kiris420

Loremaster

I was in friends and family beta for both eq/eq2.

Had an active sub in EQ1 for 5 years strait.

Had an active account in eq2 since launch, had to cancel because of work and the time ALWAYS kept accumilating.  This was the way it always has been, why fix something that wasn't broken?  Just seems to me that 5 years after the game is released, all the sudden you are changing things that didn't need to be changed just to make sure people don't get a vet reward seems petty and rediculous. 

80 Coercer

80 Mystic

80 SK

80 Brig

Non Myth'd:

Necro
Kiris420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Yeah those are quite nice.

Hey Sony how about I slip you 25 bucks on the marketplace and you add a couple years to my account age?

I have been a subscriber on and off since 99, too bad.

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
Cmos
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Heros of war

Loremaster

I played SWG for 2.5 years... where's my extra time for being loyal to SOE?? hey I even own a PS, PS1, PS2, PSP, a trinitron monitor etc. etc... just sayin... just because someone has a righteous sense of entitlement doesn't make it so...

Old 12-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #17
Zaldor

Loremaster

Has anyone tried the CotH thing?  I used it but it did not take me to the selected group member, only to the zone line of the zone he was in. 

Do the other players need to be 100% standing still for this to work correctly?

I mean, it was cool that I at least made it to the same zone, but considering it was a rather large zone it doesn't have that "gee whiz" factor I thought it was going to have.

ETA:  Ok, your group member that you are tp'ing to has to be standing still for this to work correctly.

Zaldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #18
Eveningsong

Tester

We used it in VP tonight to call in a replacement and it worked very well!

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
Rothgar

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

I was in friends and family beta for both eq/eq2.

Had an active sub in EQ1 for 5 years strait.

Had an active account in eq2 since launch, had to cancel because of work and the time ALWAYS kept accumilating.  This was the way it always has been, why fix something that wasn't broken?  Just seems to me that 5 years after the game is released, all the sudden you are changing things that didn't need to be changed just to make sure people don't get a vet reward seems petty and rediculous. 

The problem is that it WAS broken.  It was never intended to accumulate while you were inactive, but somewhere between the game team and our platform department we dropped the ball and the bug made it in.  I think it got to the point that it had been in for so long that no one questioned it, but we all thought it was a little wacky. 

Even during the Living Legacy campaign, people complained that players who came back immediately got all of the veteran rewards even if their sub had been inactive since the first month.  If we had left it alone, active subscribers would never be able to "catch up" to someone who was here on day one but decided to cancel.  We didn't think that was fair, so we changed it.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #20
Sydares

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Even during the Living Legacy campaign, people complained that players who came back immediately got all of the veteran rewards even if their sub had been inactive since the first month.  If we had left it alone, active subscribers would never be able to "catch up" to someone who was here on day one but decided to cancel.  We didn't think that was fair, so we changed it.

I was also a victim of this change, and here's the problem, Rothgar.

You didn't tell anyone about it. You silently, stealthily 'fixed the glitch' and left people who thought that the way the system worked was that it was effectively an incentive to resubscribe. To that end, it was effective. When a friend of mine was chatting up 5 year veteran rewards, I got intrigued and resubscribed so that I could feel special that I had been among your most dedicated fans that slogged through the bumpy release. That was, I thought, my just reward.

Fast forward to Saturday, November 28th, the first time you make mention of having changed the system. After returning after suffering a fit of boredom at the tail-end of RoK, I looked at my account age and noticed that I was, in fact, missing those months that I had been gone.

Here's where the situation gets increasingly sticky:

I've played this game since launch, and my lapses in subscription have been genuinely few and far between. A friend of mine that signed up at launch as well but quit and only rejoined during ROK (effectively making his tenure approximately a year) is gloating to me about his 6-year veteran reward because he happened to have benefited from this invisible cut-off date.

I understand your decision, but you never gave anyone a chance to agree, to disagree, or to decide whether or not they'd resubscribe their account so the change did not impact them.

I feel like I've lost something that I can't ever get back, a 3 month mark I can't ever make up. I offered to pay those three months back after extensive petitions to the GM staff and (After being essentially told I was making this issue up entirely and that the system never worked as I and you now describe by four different GMs... that was fun!) denied that possibility as well. I would have happily resubscribed if I'd known I'd lose my coveted veteran status, and now it's something I can never get back... and you never told us about it. No community address. No warning. No pat on the shoulder. No grace period.

So now, I sit here. I sit here and I listen to my level 62 friend and his 6-year veteran reward, and I wish someone would have just let me know.

Do you understand now why we're more than a little [Removed for Content] off?

At least give us the chance to pay back the months we missed. That's fair isn't it? You get more money. Nobody that already has their reward feels cheated. They still feel justifiably smug, and your more dedicated customers get to claw their way back to where they wanted to be after it was cut out from underneath of them. Perhaps Restore the old system. By subscription date. Leave it as a resubscription perk.

Better yet? Make a sticky post where everyone can see it. Send out an E-mail, and make the cutoff date the day you send out that E-mail, not whenever you cut it off before. Give your customers the chance to preserve their veteran status, while giving amnesty to the ones who never got that chance.

That's 'fair' to everyone. It's not even a lot to ask.

As it stands, this change has undoubtedly [Removed for Content] more people off than it's smugly satisfied.

Sydares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #21
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Ok here's what I don't understand. 6 years is effectively 2190 days. I started this game on November 11, 2004. Now excluding leap years. 365*[email protected]=1825 90*4=360 tso didn't give +90 days so only 4 xpacs 1825 + 360 is 2185 ....... that's 5 day's short of 2190. Yet I'm about 120ish days away still. Yes I took breaks and nno I'm not mad either. But if we were getting days subbed or not until just a few weeks ago why am I missing more than 3 months account time.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #22
Bakual

Loremaster

SoE calculates with 360 days per year SMILEY

It's Norrath after all :p

Old 12-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #23
Zaldor

Loremaster

Bakual wrote:

SoE calculates with 360 days per year

And it is normal accounting to use 360 days instead of 365.

Zaldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:57 AM   #24
PinChaser

Loremaster

Zaldor wrote:

Bakual wrote:

SoE calculates with 360 days per year

And it is normal accounting to use 360 days instead of 365.

rounder numbers, and never have to worry about a leap year 

5 years and counting.
PinChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 AM   #25
Sphiriah

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

The problem is that it WAS broken.  It was never intended to accumulate while you were inactive, but somewhere between the game team and our platform department we dropped the ball and the bug made it in.  I think it got to the point that it had been in for so long that no one questioned it, but we all thought it was a little wacky. 

But it was that way since the very first veteran rewards came out.

Myself and others believed that this was still the case, but you never even told anyone of this change.

One of the things I could always look foward to in EQ2 was always having the current veteran rewards because I was one of the very first people to buy the game. But now that isn't the case, sadly.

It really is a bit upsetting. Is there any chance at all you can revert this? Or at the very least, give us the time back and announce a date where you will stop doing this so people won't unknowingly get screwed out of their rewards. It would also increase the number of subscribers, I'm sure. I know that if I knew about this change, I would never have let my subscription run out.

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
Morgis

Loremaster

I hope there is a new title for the 6 year reward. I was disappointed the 5 year reward didn't include a new title.

Scorp

Morgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #27
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

A discussion is a wonderful thing to see, but one without insults is even better!!!!

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
Jimena

Loremaster

Well my 2 cents, i never thought it was fair for those who didnt sub for a month or 2 or what ever to get credit for time, i also dont think it was fair that those skip buying the x pac with 90 dats still got the 90 days when they bought another xpac the following year. no one new to game today should get the 360 bonus for the previous 4 xpacs

Jimena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #29
Ancestral_A

General

When was the cut off date? My 2 cents is if they actually look at how long I have had this same account they would find it to be 2001. Oh well they fixed another "bug" that pisses people off...

13 Ghosts
Ancestral_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
Aanadorn68

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

5 things, a exp debt remover with charges, a hammer that you can click to recharge tradekill vitality, a orb you can click to summon a item that you can use to call to your group / raid mates , and a box with a appearence hat and cloak. 

the hat and cloak have a pretty neat look to them.

Is that summon item charged, or unlimited?  If charged then no biggie, but if it's unlimited I'm going to be bummed I got gipped out of my 6 year reward.  Let me guess, just like the racial bait and switch where they made money.

80 Shadowknight (myth)

80 Dirge (myth)

83 Illusionist (myth) (retired until CC returns)

ex-80 Templar (myth)

ex-80 Coercer (myth)

SOE /cues keystone kops music
Aanadorn68 is offline   Reply With Quote