EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Brigand
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
Kyotee

The game is downloading as I type this.It's down to 16 minute and change!

I'm a brandnew EQ 2 player and I'll be making a brigand on the AB Rp server.I know I'm in for a rough ride starting out,but from what I've read here tonight it seems being a level 50+ Brigand is more than worth the tough start.

I have all the expansions and plan to start aa's asap...I think that is level 10?

I'm undecided on what line to go down.What would you guys recommend for an untwinked Brigand? I was thinking Agility line for "walk the plank".

Also how do I get my AA's to go up? I've read just do many quest but I'm unsure how this works.I turn off my normal exp and just quest? Is there an option to turn AA exp on?

I've read poisons make soloing much easier.Do I need to be an alchemist to make the good poisons?Can you buy poisons off a npc vendor that are just as potent as player made poisons?

That's it for now.I have to say I am so excited to start playing my Brigand.I've read all the class forums today to get a feel for things.I must say Brigands and Mystics both seem to really like their class choice,and well,Brigand is just more my style *Evil smirk*

/clobber for now!

Kyotee

Kyotee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Jukol

Loremaster

Welcome to EQ2! Personally, I didn't find brig to be a 'tough start', mine was kickin' [I cannot control my vocabulary] right out of character creation, but yeah, 50+ brig is just god-like. To answer a few of your questions: AA XP: You'll earn AA from quests, killing named mobs and exploring new areas. Plus, when you get to 70, all your combat XP is put into AA. You don't have to turn of combat XP to get AA, it comes in anyway. Poisons: You can buy poisons from vendors, but they won't be nearly as powerful as player made ones, which you can buy from the broker. However, you can do fine with vendor ones in the lower levels. And, no, you don't need to be an alchemist, but it helps to know one SMILEY For picking AA's, I would heartily recommend Walk the Plank, it makes soloing a lot easier, especially when you get all your stuns. Also, at the end of the agility line, you get Sailwind SMILEY
Jukol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
Twoboxer2

Loremaster

Welcome to the profession SMILEY !

You may re-spec later, but Walk the Plank is certainly a good way to start.

Good Luck!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Ettia

General

Welcome to the game! I've played on and off since release and finally landed on brigand as my class of choice. It might be a little hard to solo in the mid teens but by the time you hit 20 you will be rocking. I am 34 right now and totally kicking [Removed for Content] and taking names. Personally, I went down the strength line first for the increased damage and also the defense and crit boosts. I'm now moving down agility. It seems that strength/agility is the agreed upon best combo for leveling. Hope you enjoy the class as much as I have. SMILEY
Ettia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Lyasa

Loremaster

str/agi are easiest to use levelling cause they're most flexible. wis is only as good as your weapon, while agi adds the same average damage no matter what the weapon. plus wtp makes getting back attacks in easier. str increases all damage thru crits, and it adds defense boost that can help avoid some attacks.
Lyasa is offline   Reply With Quote