EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Tigress

Loremaster

the adventure writ agent isnt very helpful.  he only gives out 70-90 writs.  above 90, he's got nothing for you.  below 70, he's got nothing for you.  in the early 70s, he will only give you quests from one faction.  you should change him & fix that.  have him give out writs for all tiers.  he's a waste of guild coin, status and upkeep.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster

As far as I can tell, there are no writs for over 90.. neither adventure nor tradeskill.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Dawkitty

Loremaster

There's no writs in the new areas, true, but the crafting writs at the very least should still show the higher level writs for the 80s, as it's been working for every tier up to 90, and they're not.

I'm just glad that none of the new crafting stuff actually requires you to be 92.

Dawkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Dawkitty wrote:

There's no writs in the new areas, true, but the crafting writs at the very least should still show the higher level writs for the 80s, as it's been working for every tier up to 90, and they're not.

I'm just glad that none of the new crafting stuff actually requires you to be 92.

they didnt put them in for tradeskill because they arent needed, after the 6 crafting quests you will be level 90.6 or better. that lets you only needing 5 of the current writs to ding to 92.

i would love to see a skyshrine adv writ agent or somthing.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Wurm

Loremaster

Did they ever update it to begin with? I got rid of it after ROK since he didn't have anything for TSO.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Mermut

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Did they ever update it to begin with? I got rid of it after ROK since he didn't have anything for TSO.

Yes, it's been updated to do through SF at least. I think the last update did through DoV, but I'm not positive.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
Wurm

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Wurm wrote:

Yes, it's been updated to do through SF at least. I think the last update did through DoV, but I'm not positive.

Wow cool looks like I'll have to pick him up again. Running around to grab writs is a drag.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
Faltan

Loremaster

Dawkitty wrote:

They need to put writs in the new areas. Once you hit level 91 you can't get the writs in Thurgadin, and people still need the status to pay upkeep on housing, guild halls, guild hall amenities, decorating, and all the stuff associated with that aspect of the game. Fortunately, I have a reserve of status points to use for upkeep for a while, but what do you do when that runs out?

Faltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

Are you saying that once levelled to 91 I cant do writs at all??

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Are you saying that once levelled to 91 I cant do writs at all??

You cannot do any adventure writs if you're over level 90.. unless you chronolock down.You can still do tradeskill writs, but at a reduced status reward.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
Suraklin

Loremaster

Ya. I was gonna pick up some writs on my Necro who dinged 91 after my last writ run. Then get message there's none available anymore for adventure writs. What idiot forgot to code the Guild Hall adventure writ givers to keep giving adventure writs for SF and DoV zones at the least?

I should not have to chronomage to 90 in order to do writs to level my Guild. I spent a lot of status and plat to get a Guild Hall Adventure writ giver and now because I level past 90 I can't use it without chronomaging? I really can't wait until Guild Wars 2 comes out because of stupidity like this from your programmers.

Friends don't let friends ask for another classes nerf.
Suraklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
Sandyfoot

Loremaster

We really shouldn't have to chrono to 90 to do writs and even at this, nothing can help crafters who need to raise their city crafting faction and are faced with a huge grind that could be prevented if the writs were updated.

Big part of the game, for me, is doing city writs to earn tokens for the next city fair. And I really enjoy doing the crafting quests. Because I enjoyed these quests, I have been slow doing city crafting writs to get my faction up higher. With the city crafting writs giving even less status, it will take a huge amount of time for me to catch up.

I s'pose I should have grinded the crafting writs earlier, but I also enjoyed getting out into the world and gaining strength to be able to harvest (and live!) and earn carpenter books or earn faction to purchase certain items. It just became such a big part of the game for me and to have it all suddenly stop was disconcerting.

I do hope this is fixed.

Sandyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote