EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #31
Felshades

Loremaster

I'm going to suggest storing a personal backup monthly. On a personal drive. I'm sure you can find an external HDD that can hold a copy of that.

Might help this for next time. And unfortunately, having done IT, I know there will likely *be* a next time SMILEY

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #32
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Remember, Mum--that which does not kill us, ticks us the heck off.  

That being said, take care of yourself.  I know what you deal with--I have similar things.  You first.  We love you and want you to be well.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #33
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

Have you checked google cache to see if they have any of your precious materials?

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #34
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Oh geez.. = I really hope they are able to restore it, to lose any hard work would be a shame. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #35
Hamervelder

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Have you checked google cache to see if they have any of your precious materials?

That's an outstanding idea!

Mum, good luck!

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #36
Calthine

ZAM EQII

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

That's an outstanding idea!

Mum, good luck!

They might have the raw data, and guides, but would they have the actual data in the database structure?

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
shots01

Lord

NiamiDenMother wrote:

I'd love to rave about the new Frostfell cafting pics going up on the site to replace my kludged together ones (I freely admit to being graphically challenged) ... but the images are still sitting on my hard drive, waiting to be uploaded and coded.

I'd love to brag about the improvements I have been planning for the furniture gallery ... but the plans are still in my head, awaiting several hours of tedious manual recoding the mash of raw html and php needed for images on my site, and I haven't (yet) grabbed the files off the site so I can work on them offline.

I'd love to answer questions about tradeskill apprentices and reactant drops with some lovely new information ... but I can't yet find the energy at the same time that the site is up.  I can, however, at least point you to my forums for an echo of the tradeskill apprentice info that I had in the expansion crafting preview.

You see, eq2.eqtraders.com and www.eqtraders.com are having issues - LOTS of them.  The kind that involve repeated email to our hosting provider every time we see the main sites crash, and lots of primal whimpering on my part.

We're not dead, we're not planning on "killing" the sites any time soon, we're just going through a really rough time with unexplained site crashes that seem to involve far too much downtime.

Until they find out the root cause, and do something to fix it, please DO be aware that our forums are still accessible.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq2/index.php for the EQII side

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/forum.php for the EQ side

Mum, trying desperately to stay unfrazzled

Cupcakes to you for all your hard work.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote