EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
dbmoreland

Loremaster

This is my attempt to put in one place all of the gear that a level 80 TSO Ranger would be interested in sorted by slot. In general the “worst” piece for each slot is a Void Shard item, as this is the best “easy to acquire” item, i.e. an item that is a guaranteed reward for doing something, not a random no-trade drop. Every level 80 TSO Ranger should be wearing something at least this good. I have tried to include all items better that this “easy to acquire” item for each slot. If I have left anything out, please let me know and I will add it to the list. Please note that I have not included any non-set piece items for the 6 slots covered by the T1 and T2 Void Shard armor sets as I have not found any that are better than them. Again if you do, please let me know.

I have only included the name of each piece and where/how to acquire it. I have also included an “(e)” if an item is one of the few that has a special effect on it. I have not included any stats for two reasons. First, they keep changing them, so I would have to keep updating this list every time they did an update, which I am unwilling to do. Second there is no single out of game resource that contains completely accurate stat information for every item on this list. Even Sony’s own eq2players item database does not have completely accurate information on every item. And none of the third party databases are complete as all of them are missing information on several items on this list.

If you are interested in the stats for a particular item the following sites may be helpful:http://eq2players.station.sony.com/http://www.lootdb.com/http://eq2.wikia.com/http://eq2.allakhazam.com/http://www.eq2llinks.com/http://eq2.xanadu-community.com/If you have another favorite item database site please let me know and I will add it to this list.

Marauder's Chain   Hauberk (e)  -  Void Shard made/boughtBoots  -  Void Shard made/boughtGloves (e)  -  Void Shard made/boughtCoif  -  Void Shard made/boughtLeggings  -  Void Shard made/boughtSpaulders (e)  -  Void Shard made/bought  Ravager's Voidlink   Hauberk (e)  -  Void Shard made/boughtBoots  -  Void Shard made/boughtGloves (e)  -  Void Shard made/boughtCoif  -  Void Shard made/boughtLeggings  -  Void Shard made/boughtSpaulders (e)  -  Void Shard made/bought  Precision Flightrift   Armguards  -  Senior Loyalist Tilas (Tomb of the Mad Crusader)  Tunic (e)  -  Ykesha (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)  Boots  -  Thet-em-aua (Tomb of the Mad Crusader)  Gloves  -  Strange Stalker (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)  Cap  -  Xebnok the Wretched (Tomb of the Mad Crusader)  Leggings (e)  -  Gynok Moltor (Tomb of the Mad Crusader)  Sleeves  -  Mynzak (Palace of the Ancient One)    Enlivened Chance   Bracers  -  Xygoz (Veeshan's Peak)Coat (e)  -  Trakanon (Trakanon's Lair)Boots  -  Druushk (Veeshan's Peak)Gloves  -  Nexona (Veeshan's Peak)Coif  -  Silverwing (Veeshan's Peak)  Leggings (e)  -  Phara Dar (Veeshan's Peak)Mantle  -  Hoshkar (Veeshan's Peak)    Forearms  Bronze and Pearl Inlaid Vambraces  -  Quest: Assault on the Rebel Camp (Kunzar Jungle)Charred Magmatic Bracers  -  Firelord Kaern (The Deep Forge)Wraps of Ghoz  -  Ghoz the Brutal (Anchor of Bazzul)Hellfired Armguards  -  Elder Ekron (Veeshan's Peak)  Primary  Predatory Blade  -  Void Shard made/boughtEthereal Sabre of the Voidbeast  -  Absatalius (Palace of the Ancient One)Rapier of the Darkbow  -  Trash (Befallen: Halls of the Forsaken)Sebilite Croaking Dirk (e)  -  Trash (Sebilis/The Crypt of Agony)Blade of Withershadow (e)  -  Zraxth (The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold)Blade of Blood and Anger  -  Strange Stalker (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)  SecondaryBloodwood Shield of Fangs  -  Player Made TSO Faction (Mara)Voracious Shield of Striking  -  Megalodon (Jarsath Wastes)Buckler of Deadly Chaos (e)  -  Zraxth (The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold)Shield of the Assassin  -  Selgrak the Monster (Emperor Atrebe's Lab: Kor-sha)Ethernaut's Roundshield of Knowledge (e)  -  Tythus Tinzok (Palace of the Ancient One)  Cloak  Trueshot Drape  -  Void Shard made/boughtSathirian Shroud of Power  -  Player Made TSO Faction (Mara)Cloak of Frozen Mana  -  Patriae Vykel (Miragul's Phylactery: The Anathema)Cloak of the Broken Toe Champion (e)  -  Slamhammer (Runnyeye: The Gathering)Kor'sha Cloak of Service  -  Selgrak the Monster (Emperor Atrebe's Lab: Kor-sha)Cloak of Solidified Hate (e)  -  Byzola (Shard of Hate)Cloak of the Ethernaut Dreamer  -  Quest: The Shadow Odyssey Timeline   Waist  Stillflyte Belt  -  Void Shard made/boughtChieftain's Baldric  -  Chieftain Siltsea (Runnyeye: The Gathering)Revitalized Sash  -  Void Shard made/boughtDeepwater Girdle  -  Collection quest, Shadow Odyssey: Miragul's Dress Robes.Sash of Pain (e)  -  Byzola (Shard of Hate)Belt of Opportunity (e)  -  Di'zsho the Channeler (Anchor of Bazzul)Darkened Naga Flesh Strap  -  Thet-em-aua (Tomb of the Mad Crusader)  Charm  Gem of Farseeing  -  Void Shard made/boughtFrozen Finger  -  a formless thought (Miragul's Phylactery: The Anathema)Solidified Wisdom  -  The Codexicon (Miragul's Phylactery: The Crucible)Crystallized Tear  -  Garudon (Veksar: The Sunken Theater)Rowan Berry Poultice  -  Player Made TSO Faction (Mara)Void Crystal of Dark Power  -  a void render/ripper (Palace of the Ancient One)Eye of the Frenzied Ghoul  -  Furdip (The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors)Malovari's Misplaced Bauble of Banishment (e)  -  Zraxth (The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold)Hand of the Enduring Assassin  -  Ka'El Ka'Vrish (Emperor Atrebe's Lab: Kor-sha)Shard of Hate  -  Kpul D`Vngur (Shard of Hate)  Neck  Crippling Amulet  -  Void Shard made/boughtGarudon's Torque of Far-Reaching  -  Garudon (Veksar: The Sunken Theater)Talisman of Thuuga  -  Quest: An Ugly Bounty (Fens of Nathsar)Amulet of Agony (e)  -  The Aria of Malediction - Kpul D'Vngur (Shard of Hate)Signet of the Dar  -  Shade of Khalan Dar (Veeshan's Peak)  Ear  Stillflyte Earring  -  Void Shard made/boughtShard of the Codexicon  -  The Codexicon (Miragul's Phylactery: The Crucible)Crippling Hoop  -  Void Shard made/boughtTrueshot Stud  -  Void Shard made/boughtFroglok Ear  -  a ykeshan patrol (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)Annihilator's Loop (e)  -  Trakanon (Trakanon's Lair)Ykeshan Hoops of Dominance  -  Hoptor Thagglor (The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors)Blackened Void-Metal Stud  -  Xythus Aransta/Davian (Palace of the Ancient One)Shuddering Earring  -  Trash (Shard of Hate)Stud of the Downtrodden  -  Mrogold Minosk (The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold)  Finger  Wind Worn Ring  -  Chieftain Siltsea (Runnyeye: The Gathering)Vile Strider Feathered Ring  -  Solo Named Mobs (Moors of Ykesha)Ring of the Deadly Zol Knight (e)  -  Collection quest, Shadow Odyssey: Idols of the Tribes of GukStillflyte Coil  -  Void Shard made/boughtShard of the Codexicon  -  The Codexicon (Miragul's Phylactery: The Crucible)Crippling Band  -  Void Shard made/boughtRevitalized Ring  -  Void Shard made/boughtGahdash's Bangle  -  High Shaman Vohan (Runnyeye: The Gathering)Disarming Band  -  Kluzen the Protector (Veeshan's Peak)  Wrist  Revitalized Wristband  -  Void Shard made/boughtSokokar Blood Bangle  -  Dominus Atrebe (Kylong Plains)Wristwrap of the Culinary Apprentice  -  Quest 'Honoring the Master Chef' (Kylong Plains)Quartermaster's Clasp  -  Quartermaster Shylav (Sebilis)Pickling Wristband  -  The Reet Chef (Sebilis)Trueshot Bangle  -  Void Shard made/boughtGahdash's Bangle  -  High Shaman Vohan (Runnyeye: The Gathering)Wrist of Sharpened Blades  -  Strange Stalker (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)Zraxth's Vexed Chaos Bracelet  -  Zraxth (The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold)Heartbreaker Bracelet  -  The Tangrin (Fens of Nathsar)Band of the Stalker  -  Strange Stalker (Ykesha's Inner Stronghold)

dbmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Solaar Wynd

Loremaster

Nice list.  Let me throw in a couple items you can add:

Trakanon's Tooth - Drops from Kotiz the Death Bringer in Sebilis

Runed Leviathan Carapace - Drops from Majora Leviathora in Chelsith

Runed Leviathan Carapace is still quite a decent chest.  Trak's Tooth is still one of the best Ranger blades you can get in a group.

Arador

Solaar Wynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
dbmoreland

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Runed Leviathan Carapace is still quite a decent chest.  Trak's Tooth is still one of the best Ranger blades you can get in a group.

Arador

Both Predatory Blade and Sebilite Croaking Dirk are FAR superior to Trakanon's Tooth and MUCH easier to obtain. Just run a few TSO instances and the Blade is yours guaranteed and you can often find the attunable Dirk for sale on the Broker for a few plat.

As for the Carapace again the Marauder's Chain Hauberk is FAR superior and much easier to obtain. Again just a few runs through ANY TSO instance it is yours guaranteed.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Solaar Wynd

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Arador

Both Predatory Blade and Sebilite Croaking Dirk are FAR superior to Trakanon's Tooth and MUCH easier to obtain. Just run a few TSO instances and the Blade is yours guaranteed and you can often find the attunable Dirk for sale on the Broker for a few plat.

As for the Carapace again the Marauder's Chain Hauberk is FAR superior and much easier to obtain. Again just a few runs through ANY TSO instance it is yours guaranteed.

I respectfully disagree.  While yes, the Predatory Blade is very nice (I use it myself), let’s compare Trakanon’s Tooth and the Sebilite Croaking Dirk:

Trakanon’s Tooth

+25 Str+35 Agility+15 Int+100 Health+100 Power+2 Melee Crit+2 Ranged Crit(94.2 dps Rating)

Sebilite Croaking Dirk+32 Agility+15 Int+50 Health+100 Power

+2 Melee Crit+2 Ranged Crit- Sinister Toxins – Increases Damage of Crafted Poisons by 10%

(81.5 dps Rating)

1.  Both have same +2 Ranged Crit

2.  The 3 difference in Agility the Tooth has over the Dirk is so small as to be insignificant.

3.  The +100 Health in Trak’s Tooth isn’t as big a deal for Ranger’s as for some classes, but it is useful on occasion. 

4.  On the rare occasion where melee auto-attack is forced upon me by circumstance of space or strategy, the significantly higher rating of Trak’s Tooth is quite welcome.

5.  +25 Str – since Strength is our dps stat it’s good to try to have Str in about everything you use, but most Rangers know that.

6.  Sinister Toxins is a decent ability, but does it make the Sebilite Croaking Dirk “far” superior to Trak’s Tooth?  I’d say the score is actually pretty even, with maybe even an edge to the Tooth for some increased survivability and melee dps.

Would I go out of my way to hunt down the rare drop of Trak’s Tooth with the other options available out there?  No… but I would use it if it dropped unexpectedly while exploring the depths of Sebilis (which is how I got mine).  It’s another very good option out there that I wanted people to be aware of.

Danean, I will accede to your point about Marauder’s vs Runed Leviathan, though if someone already had the Carapace before TSO (like myself) it’s good enough to allow delaying the purchase of the Marauder chest until after you’ve purchased the other 5 pieces and gotten the set bonuses there.   

A couple comments on the Runed Leviathan:

- It has Divine Resists, which can be useful for a raiding Ranger

- +20 Int isn’t huge, but it does increase dps, as does the +20CA damage on the Carapace

-  The Leviathan’s Madness ability only activates (on a 5% chance) when the wearer is struck in melee.  For a Ranger, this will only really be useful when soloing (and even then not very often if you can help it).  It is the vast superiority of Successive Blows on the Marauder’s over Leviathan’s Madness that is the deciding factor in making the Marauder’s chest the better choice.  Otherwise, they are pretty close stat-wise.

Marauder’s Chain Hauberk

+44 Str

+25 Sta

+20 Agil

+165 Health

+80 Power

+615 vs Heat

+1066 vs Magic

+7 Slashing, +7 Ranged, +7 Piercing

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

Successive Blows Proc (chance for +6% Ranged Doubleattack)

Runed Leviathon Carapace

+40 Str

+42 Agil

+20 Int

+80 Health

+ 145 Power

+664 vs Magic

+ 913 vs Divine

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

+20 CA Damage

Leviathan’s Madness – When active it gives( for 24 seconds):

-  +50 Attack Speed

-  Enlarges Caster by 50%

-  Increases CA damage by up to 300

Upon Termination it reduces Attack Speed by -10 and CA damage by up to -100 for 24 seconds

Arador Stormbow

80th Ranger

League of the Extraordinary

Permafrost Server

Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Ranja

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Nice list. Let me throw in a couple items you can add:

Runed Leviathan Carapace is still quite a decent chest. Trak's Tooth is still one of the best Ranger blades you can get in a group.

Arador

I respectfully disagree. While yes, the Predatory Blade is very nice (I use it myself), let’s compare Trakanon’s Tooth and the Sebilite Croaking Dirk:

Trakanon’s Tooth

+25 Str+35 Agility+15 Int+100 Health+100 Power+2 Melee Crit+2 Ranged Crit(94.2 dps Rating)

+2 Melee Crit+2 Ranged Crit- Sinister Toxins – Increases Damage of Crafted Poisons by 10%

(81.5 dps Rating)

1. Both have same +2 Ranged Crit

2. The 3 difference in Agility the Tooth has over the Dirk is so small as to be insignificant.

3. The +100 Health in Trak’s Tooth isn’t as big a deal for Ranger’s as for some classes, but it is useful on occasion.

4. On the rare occasion where melee auto-attack is forced upon me by circumstance of space or strategy, the significantly higher rating of Trak’s Tooth is quite welcome.

5. +25 Str – since Strength is our dps stat it’s good to try to have Str in about everything you use, but most Rangers know that.

6. Sinister Toxins is a decent ability, but does it make the Sebilite Croaking Dirk “far” superior to Trak’s Tooth? I’d say the score is actually pretty even, with maybe even an edge to the Tooth for some increased survivability and melee dps.

Would I go out of my way to hunt down the rare drop of Trak’s Tooth with the other options available out there? No… but I would use it if it dropped unexpectedly while exploring the depths of Sebilis (which is how I got mine). It’s another very good option out there that I wanted people to be aware of.

Danean, I will accede to your point about Marauder’s vs Runed Leviathan, though if someone already had the Carapace before TSO (like myself) it’s good enough to allow delaying the purchase of the Marauder chest until after you’ve purchased the other 5 pieces and gotten the set bonuses there.

- +20 Int isn’t huge, but it does increase dps, as does the +20CA damage on the Carapace

- The Leviathan’s Madness ability only activates (on a 5% chance) when the wearer is struck in melee. For a Ranger, this will only really be useful when soloing (and even then not very often if you can help it). It is the vast superiority of Successive Blows on the Marauder’s over Leviathan’s Madness that is the deciding factor in making the Marauder’s chest the better choice. Otherwise, they are pretty close stat-wise.

Marauder’s Chain Hauberk

+44 Str

+25 Sta

+20 Agil

+165 Health

+80 Power

+615 vs Heat

+1066 vs Magic

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

Runed Leviathon Carapace

+40 Str

+42 Agil

+20 Int

+80 Health

+ 145 Power

+664 vs Magic

+ 913 vs Divine

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

+20 CA Damage

- +50 Attack Speed

- Enlarges Caster by 50%

- Increases CA damage by up to 300

Upon Termination it reduces Attack Speed by -10 and CA damage by up to -100 for 24 seconds

Arador Stormbow

80th Ranger

Permafrost Server

I agree with Danean. The dirk is far superior to the tooth. The 10% to toxins makes it way better. In TSO the extra str the tooth has is wasted anyways because you are at the cap. In TSO, +CA is better than more str because you should be in the diminshing returns. So you can discount the str on the tooth so that leaves the ranged crit and the 10% bonus. No way you can convince me that the +50 health makes up for the 10% to toxins. Just not gonna happen.

The dirk is way better

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

For the shoulders you have listed the Ranger/Assassin Void Armor. However, there's another Void Armor piece that seems to be much better.

In addition to the 8% CA base damage, it also has 8% spell damage, which is what is used for poison damage. I've not tried one yet, but this would seem a very nice buff.

Sorry to be vague, but I'm at work atm. Will dig out the details when I get back home and post them if nobody beats me to it.

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
glowsintheda

General

that is the soul lancers set.  there has been some talk about how they are going to be nerfing base damage increase items to not affect procs, so if/when this change goes through the soul lancers will loose a lot of its desirability.  Supposidly this change has been rolled back on test for the moment, but that doesn't mean it is not going to go back in at some point in the near future.

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Solaar Wynd

Loremaster

Ranja wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Nice list. Let me throw in a couple items you can add:

Runed Leviathan Carapace is still quite a decent chest. Trak's Tooth is still one of the best Ranger blades you can get in a group.

Arador

I respectfully disagree. While yes, the Predatory Blade is very nice (I use it myself), let’s compare Trakanon’s Tooth and the Sebilite Croaking Dirk:

Trakanon’s Tooth

(81.5 dps Rating)

1. Both have same +2 Ranged Crit

2. The 3 difference in Agility the Tooth has over the Dirk is so small as to be insignificant.

3. The +100 Health in Trak’s Tooth isn’t as big a deal for Ranger’s as for some classes, but it is useful on occasion.

4. On the rare occasion where melee auto-attack is forced upon me by circumstance of space or strategy, the significantly higher rating of Trak’s Tooth is quite welcome.

5. +25 Str – since Strength is our dps stat it’s good to try to have Str in about everything you use, but most Rangers know that.

6. Sinister Toxins is a decent ability, but does it make the Sebilite Croaking Dirk “far” superior to Trak’s Tooth? I’d say the score is actually pretty even, with maybe even an edge to the Tooth for some increased survivability and melee dps.

Would I go out of my way to hunt down the rare drop of Trak’s Tooth with the other options available out there? No… but I would use it if it dropped unexpectedly while exploring the depths of Sebilis (which is how I got mine). It’s another very good option out there that I wanted people to be aware of.

- The Leviathan’s Madness ability only activates (on a 5% chance) when the wearer is struck in melee. For a Ranger, this will only really be useful when soloing (and even then not very often if you can help it). It is the vast superiority of Successive Blows on the Marauder’s over Leviathan’s Madness that is the deciding factor in making the Marauder’s chest the better choice. Otherwise, they are pretty close stat-wise.

Marauder’s Chain Hauberk

+44 Str

+25 Sta

+20 Agil

+165 Health

+80 Power

+615 vs Heat

+1066 vs Magic

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

Runed Leviathon Carapace

+40 Str

+42 Agil

+20 Int

+80 Health

+ 145 Power

+664 vs Magic

+ 913 vs Divine

+2 Melee Crit

+2 Ranged Crit

+20 CA Damage

- +50 Attack Speed

- Enlarges Caster by 50%

- Increases CA damage by up to 300

Arador Stormbow

80th Ranger

Permafrost Server

I agree with Danean. The dirk is far superior to the tooth. The 10% to toxins makes it way better. In TSO the extra str the tooth has is wasted anyways because you are at the cap. In TSO, +CA is better than more str because you should be in the diminshing returns. So you can discount the str on the tooth so that leaves the ranged crit and the 10% bonus. No way you can convince me that the +50 health makes up for the 10% to toxins. Just not gonna happen.

The dirk is way better

In the past it was very difficult to reach/exceed the str cap for anyone except raiders, so you wanted Str on as many pieces of equipment as you could.  Has TSO changed the game so much that almost anyone can reach it via shard gear?

What is the str soft cap considered to be nowadays?

I saw the +50 health difference as just a bonus.  I considered the +25 str to balance out the +10% poison on the dirk, but if anyone with a set of tier-1 shard armor can hit the str cap then no, it doesn't make sense to stress out about having str in every piece like we used to.

Thanks for the correction Rangers.  It looks like Trakanon's Tooth just became a situational weapon and that my Croaking Dirk is going to be staging a major comeback.  Such a shame.

Arador

Old 03-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
glowsintheda

General

Not really sure why you thought the rating on the tooth was such a big deal either, pre 80 and fabled epic I could see that as there are times when you just can't get far enough back to use a bow, but once you have any version of eagle's talon you should never be melee autoattacking

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
dbmoreland

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Arador

I respectfully disagree.  While yes, the Predatory Blade is very nice (I use it myself), let’s compare Trakanon’s Tooth and the Sebilite Croaking Dirk:

Trakanon’s Tooth

(81.5 dps Rating)

1.  Both have same +2 Ranged Crit

2.  The 3 difference in Agility the Tooth has over the Dirk is so small as to be insignificant.

3.  The +100 Health in Trak’s Tooth isn’t as big a deal for Ranger’s as for some classes, but it is useful on occasion. 

4.  On the rare occasion where melee auto-attack is forced upon me by circumstance of space or strategy, the significantly higher rating of Trak’s Tooth is quite welcome.

5.  +25 Str – since Strength is our dps stat it’s good to try to have Str in about everything you use, but most Rangers know that.

6.  Sinister Toxins is a decent ability, but does it make the Sebilite Croaking Dirk “far” superior to Trak’s Tooth?  I’d say the score is actually pretty even, with maybe even an edge to the Tooth for some increased survivability and melee dps.

Would I go out of my way to hunt down the rare drop of Trak’s Tooth with the other options available out there?  No… but I would use it if it dropped unexpectedly while exploring the depths of Sebilis (which is how I got mine).  It’s another very good option out there that I wanted people to be aware of.

Arador Stormbow

80th Ranger

Permafrost Server

Well based on my stats and the damage that I do, an increase of 25 strength is worth about 5dps, while sinister toxins alone is worth 25dps. This is why I believe that the Dirk is FAR superior to the Tooth. To see how much it is worth to you, just look at your ACT parse and see how much dps is attributed to caustic poison. If you are not using the dirk, divide this number by 10 and that is how much additional dsp you will be doing by switching to the Dirk. If you are using the Dirk then divide this by 11 and that is how much the Dirk is worth to you.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #11
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

glowsinthedark wrote:

that is the soul lancers set.  there has been some talk about how they are going to be nerfing base damage increase items to not affect procs, so if/when this change goes through the soul lancers will loose a lot of its desirability.  Supposidly this change has been rolled back on test for the moment, but that doesn't mean it is not going to go back in at some point in the near future.

Ah, that's interesting to know. I'm probably going to go with the Ranger set anyway for now as it has +3RDA which the Soul Lancer doesn't.

Maybe once I get some more shards I will get the Soul Lancer too, unless they nerf it of course !

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote