EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Assassin
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
MrMojo

General

anyone find out the assassin epic starter yet?
MrMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
THEBraccus

Loremaster

Anyone working on this at all?

If you know anything about the starter it would be great to share with the rest of us

THEBraccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Gladiia
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Driven

Seer

There was a world wide channel created in game for the epics.  However, it is awfully crowded, and hard to read anything with 15 people asking where their starter is every minute.  Perhaps there should be a world wide channel to discuss scout epics created.

Gladiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
THEBraccus

Loremaster

Things suggested but don't work -

Killing skellies near the dragon in FoB. (dont work)

Serrated Bone Dirk (dont work)

The daggers in Gwalnax Fortress outside of Chardok labeled "Death" and "Slayer" (don't work)

Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Bingo
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Middle Aged Warriors

Loremaster

I will post here if I find anything out.. what's the world wide Epic channel?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #6
THEBraccus

Loremaster

epics

It's pretty busy at times and so far - not one clue on the starter

Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Bingo
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Middle Aged Warriors

Loremaster

YEah.. seems only us, Temps, and Wardens now.. and I meant which server is the world wide channel on? Guk.Epics?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
Gladiia

Seer

[email protected] wrote:
YEah.. seems only us, Temps, and Wardens now.. and I meant which server is the world wide channel on? Guk.Epics?
permafrost.epics
Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
Kalith

Loremaster

Nek Forest, Bear Cave, Loc -1702, 25, -774
Kalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #10
Gladiia

Seer

Kalith wrote:
Nek Forest, Bear Cave, Loc -1702, 25, -774

Must have investigate first

WW assassin channel:  guk.assassin

Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
MrMojo

General

is this confirmed?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:28 AM   #12
Umsalafea

Guardian

Yup got mine there... asks u to find someone that reconizes the ring (freeport emessary) where are they?
Umsalafea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:46 AM   #13
DuskNightfall

Loremaster

A Deacon near bard area of West Freeport gave me update.  Need to figure out which satherians we need for some poison ritual now
Old 02-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #14
Gladiia

Seer

Step 1 - Learn Investigate.  Can be done during SoD or bought in terens grasp for 8plat 75 gold. 

Step 2 - Bear Caves in Nek Forest at -1702, -774.  Investigate body.

Step 3 - Take ring to emissary in EFP -64, -21, 134.  At this point he will start giving you the main tasks of the quest.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Step 4 - Get recipe from any mob within Sebilis (confirmed on Frogs within personally - have also now confirmed that the Iksar within will drop the recipe)

Step 5 - Get TEN bladders from Bathezid INSIDE and near the entrance of Chardok (confirmed) - it is believed they drop further in and just outside of Chardok as well, but have not seen confimation of that.

Step 6 - Make poisons.  Crafting table is to the left of the Venril Sathir entrance.  (this is in OLD sebilis down under the water in the furthest SW corner).  BE SURE TO TAKE ALL THE NEEDED INGREDIENTS BEFORE YOU GO!  You can check for the ingredients once you scribe the recipe. I strongly suggest taking extra ingredients, including extra bladders within.  Getting to the table can be a pain, and it is possible to fail a combine.

Step 7 - Return to the emissary in EFP at -64, -21, 134 and give him the poisons.  Then get the next portion of the quest from him.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Step 8 - Buy 3 swords.  One from Riliss (50k status, 4p93g), one from Synod Reet (40k status, 4p93g), and the third from Terens Grasp (50k status 4p93g). 

Step 9 - Return the swords back the emissary in EFP.  Get next portion of quest from emmisary.

Step 10- Assassinate the Freeport traitor.  To get to the traitor go to NQ.  Within NQ is a private instance called the bakery at 286, -16, 35 .  The traitor is easily soloed.

Step 11- Return to the EFP emissary.  Get next part of quest, and a Robe.  This Robe must be worn to speak with the next NPC for the quest as well as for the next 4 kills required by the quest.

Step 12- Head to the NPC (name?) at the inn in NFP.  You will be given a task to kill 4 named mobs.

Step 13- Kill the nameds (not confirmed if they need to be in a certain order or not, but it appears not) : 

- Yolessia Nybright 81^. (Peacock Club, Maj Dul) - LOC -225, 146, 82 can not zone in when grouped. Zone in to your special instance of the Peacock Club Tavern and kill her.

- Rollus 81^^ heroic. (Crows Resting Place, Qyenos) LOC -145, -.08, -73.95, You MUST have the SoD coin to zone in OR the coin you get for doing this quest (you get the coin with the robe).

- Ekner 85^^^heroic. (Unrest, Hag Room) - You will get a message that "Ekner Darkblade steps into the shadows" when you are in the right area (left side stairway in Hag Room) 

- Rid Jestands 85^^^heroic (starts as 60^^^). (Lesser Faydark, Nitebrite camp) - LOC 111, -22, 320 . Clear camp then engage. He'll instantly spawn into a 85^^^.  Don't move him from his spawn to far or he'll reset and bug out.

****Also note that at this time it appears that if the MT or assassin in question is killed by RID Jestands that RID will return to full health while continuing to aggro remaining targets in the group.****

Edit:  step 5 is Bathezid.  Previously had it saying Di'Zok, which are the ones just outside of chardok.

Edit2:  Added steps 7 and 8.  Thanks to THEBraccus for confirming the information in these two steps!

Edit 3:  Added steps 9-11 with more information provided by THEBraccus.  There is a bit of information still incoming regarding these steps, but the information should be sufficient to guide you through it.

Edit 4:  Steps 12, 13.  Thanks again Braccus.  Also with the length, broke the steps apart a tad to seperate major portions of the quest line.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #15
Umsalafea

Guardian

I skipped Step 4 i think i tells me to just get bladder... do i still need to get recipe?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
Gladiia

Seer

Umsalafea wrote:

I skipped Step 4 i think i tells me to just get bladder... do i still need to get recipe?

You won't be able to craft the poisons without the recipe.  Last night someone was going to test if it could be made by someone else, but with a slow drop rate on bladders the test never occured whie I was still logged in.  Most people were saying the recipe was dropping within 5-10 solo frogs in sebilis (I got mine on the 6th).  Some claimed as many as 20+ but it seems quick enough that I would suggest you go ahead and get it.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
THEBraccus

Loremaster

without the recipe you cant make the poisons I'd suspect.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
THEBraccus

Loremaster

So Investigation at 1/400 (just bought the book in Terans) does nothing at all for you. not one thing.

I'd suspect you have to have done SoD to get the epic. anyone confirm?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
Mr. Dawki

General

I think you mean poisons and yes you have to craft the poisons
Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
Gladiia

Seer

THEBraccus wrote:

So Investigation at 1/400 (just bought the book in Terans) does nothing at all for you. not one thing.

I'd suspect you have to have done SoD to get the epic. anyone confirm?

I never did SoD.  I bought the book, scribed it, and then started the quest in nek.  You have to right click the dead body in the bear cave, and then select inspect.

On my list on page one here with the exception of having ever started SoD, or started crafting at the special table, I have personally confirmed everything.  The rest has been confirmed by numerous others.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #21
MrMojo

General

level 4 crafter needed? disappointed in that. epic combine, levle 4 skill lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #22
Gladiia

Seer

MrMojo84 wrote:
level 4 crafter needed? disappointed in that. epic combine, levle 4 skill lol.
Hey, I'm happy with that.  I'm only a level 2 artisan going into that step SMILEY
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
THEBraccus

Loremaster

Perhaps I'm bugged then.

I bought the book - scribed it - went to cave - right clicked and selected "inspect" - nothing but some words come up. No new quests, no new item in my inventory, nothing.

This happen to anyone else?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #24
THEBraccus

Loremaster

Ok so I sure hope my blond moment for this quest is over with....

For those that have just read this and said - yeah I clicked the bones and they didn't do anything - let me tell you; you are in the wrong cave.

The cave you want is waaay far down from the one with the skellie and the tombstone. You want a body, a female body with a dagger next to her. Name was Rylan? or something like that. Anyway, it's not were I thought it was. It's not the bones, its the body way farther down the mountain side there and in the last cave I believe.

Hope that helped someone else, as I was really confused and feeling rather silly now actually...

Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #25
Gladiia

Seer

THEBraccus wrote:

Ok so I sure hope my blond moment for this quest is over with....

For those that have just read this and said - yeah I clicked the bones and they didn't do anything - let me tell you; you are in the wrong cave.

The cave you want is waaay far down from the one with the skellie and the tombstone. You want a body, a female body with a dagger next to her. Name was Rylan? or something like that. Anyway, it's not were I thought it was. It's not the bones, its the body way farther down the mountain side there and in the last cave I believe.

Hope that helped someone else, as I was really confused and feeling rather silly now actually...

My apologies, I should have been more specific on that.  I didn't realize there was a skelly in the other bear cave, but I did know there were 2 caves in that area.  Sorry about that.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #26
THEBraccus

Loremaster

It's no problem man, it was my issue. We have cords on the Table yet? I know its near Veril's but cords would make it easy to let groups know about where we need to head.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #27
Equinon

Loremaster

Looking to see if anybody has been able to get the "Bladder" drops from ANY other zone besides Chardok.  I've been in there several times now...once with a group to get 9 of them but group had to go.  Front of zone is like Perma-camped now ;(

Do all the poison user classes have to get this drop for their epic?  that would be insanely stupid to have 4 classes all trying to camp the front of one zone for 10 updates ;(

Please post if you have found these to drop anywhere else SMILEY

Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #28
Equinon

Loremaster

Okay, checked the other 3 class epics and they don't seem to need these for their quests.  Still curious as to is anybody has been able to get the bladders to drop from any other zone though......killed the ones outside of Chardok for over an hour earlier and no drop there ;P
Old 02-08-2008, 03:41 AM   #29
Gladiia

Seer

THEBraccus wrote:
It's no problem man, it was my issue. We have cords on the Table yet? I know its near Veril's but cords would make it easy to let groups know about where we need to head.

I'm still looking for that.  It's supposed to be just to the left of the entrance of Venril Sathir.  When you get in Sebilis, got to the first circular platform where the frogs are and jump down into the water.  The in the NW part of the water is a hole in the ground, and you swim all the way to the bottom of it to get to old sebilis.  From there.  Well, I can't get far solo, and the groups all seem to want to be in other places of sebilis so far.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 AM   #30
Umsalafea

Guardian

Man whats the drop rate on these bladders this is killing me.. am i missing something