EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
MoonglumHMV

Loremaster

• Quadrupling the number of arrows created by tradeskill recipes for them. (Not just arrows, but also thrown items!) The new numbers will look like 25/50/75/99 arrows/objects depending on success.
  • Bumping up stats on tradeskilled arrows, and making them a wee bit more obvious as to their functionality. Hoping to get arrows to display their stats for GU32, but we'll have to see on that.
    • The rounded (field point) arrows will have better range and accuracy, but poorer damage.
    • The bodkin (broadhead) arrows will have higher damage, but lower accuracy and range.
    • The standard arrows will be a balanced mix of all three.
    • Storebought arrows will come down in stats, probably ending up at about 3/4ths as good as the tradeskilled standard arrows.
  • Just thought someone should post this. SMILEY  Like it says above, GU 32.

Message Edited by MoonglumHMV on 01-30-2007 09:06 PM

Ziofan - 36 Dwarf Fury

Peski 33 Ogre Coercer

Theleb 24 Dark Elf Warlock

Moonglum 24 Iksar Brigand

Moonfire 12 Sarnak Berserker

Moonfyst 19 Ratonga Bruiser
    MoonglumHMV is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
    Gnome mercy

Loremaster

MoonglumHMV wrote:
  • Quadrupling the number of arrows created by tradeskill recipes for them. (Not just arrows, but also thrown items!) The new numbers will look like 25/50/75/99 arrows/objects depending on success.
  • Bumping up stats on tradeskilled arrows, and making them a wee bit more obvious as to their functionality. Hoping to get arrows to display their stats for GU32, but we'll have to see on that.
    • The rounded (field point) arrows will have better range and accuracy, but poorer damage.
    • The bodkin (broadhead) arrows will have higher damage, but lower accuracy and range.
    • Storebought arrows will come down in stats, probably ending up at about 3/4ths as good as the tradeskilled standard arrows.
  • Just thought someone should post this. SMILEY  Like it says above, GU 32.

Message Edited by MoonglumHMV on 01-30-2007 09:06 PM

Wow thats so much better, makes me want to start a woodworker
    Gnome mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
    TerriBlades

Loremaster

MoonglumHMV wrote:
  • Just thought someone should post this. SMILEY

Yeah, while the idea that crafters will be able to make more arrows per combine is great, the problem then becomes a supply and demand issue. This is not going to bode well for most rangers that have to supplement their summoned arrows to raid.

Heres why.

Storebought arrows will come down in stats, probably ending up at about 3/4ths as good as the tradeskilled standard arrows

This is going to be a huge problem. This basicly says that if we want to either keep our DPS the same we will have to buy arrows from crafters. (the cheaper vendor arrows will be taking a hit.. the one thing that isnt clear is.. how will this effect summoned arrows?) 

Not enough players craft arrows, due to the time problem, and its not a great way to earn money.. Well not anymore. Since crafted arrows will be better, the demand for them is going to spike up. Fewer arrows on the market means that a player can either save money, and buy the cheaper, not so good vendor arrows, or take an even bigger dent to their arrow costs to keep their dps as high as possible.

Leaving the price of arrows ( a rangers main way of dealing damage ) in the hands of greedy crafters that want nothing more but then to earn money to buy god knows what is just asking for more complaints from rangers. This is good for all those rangers that have become woodworkers I guess, but bad for anyone that didnt.

On another note... did you  copy and past that from somewhere? cause I dont see how they are going to increase our range with a rounded arrow.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
    MoonglumHMV

Loremaster

Quick reply, Yes I cut it out of a Dev post, it's part of a larger post:  http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=general_tradeskill&message.id=128454#M128454

Ziofan - 36 Dwarf Fury

Peski 33 Ogre Coercer

Theleb 24 Dark Elf Warlock

Moonglum 24 Iksar Brigand

Moonfire 12 Sarnak Berserker

Moonfyst 19 Ratonga Bruiser
    MoonglumHMV is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
    TaleraRis

Loremaster

I'm with Nesse. I want to see how the changes affect summoned arrows, what quality they'll be in comparison, if # summoned is being adjusted to compensate in any way. I can't quite agree about the greedy crafters, seeing as I'm working on my way to being in the 630 club, but making us more monetarily dependent for good DPS is a step in the wrong direction, if that's what this change is going to mean.
    Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
    54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
    87 Shield Polisher
    Najena
    TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
    Sulas

Loremaster

As a higher level Woodworker, I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.  The first thing I'll probably do is make a quiver full of arrows for myself SMILEY  25 per combine seemed like a waste of timewith no benefit (and I don't raid).  As for making arrows to sell, the factors I'll have to take into consideration are the cost of manufacture and the cost of vendor arrows.  With any luck, the price for player-made arrows will be in line with the benefit of using them.  As for seeing scarcity drive the cost up?, I wouldn't worry about that either since players jsut won't buy them if they're not worth it.
    edit: I can't spell

Message Edited by Sulas on 01-30-2007 11:30 PM

Tiger pet + snowballs = happy ranger
    Sulas is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
    TerriBlades

Loremaster

Sulas wrote:
    As a higher level Woodworker, I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.  The first thing I'll probably do is make a quiver full of arrows for myself SMILEY  25 per combine seemed like a waste of timewith no benefit (and I don't raid). 

As for making arrows to sell, the factors I'll have to take into consideration are the cost of manufacture and the cost of vendor arrows.  With any luck, the price for player-made arrows will be in line with the benefit of using them.  As for seeing scarcity drive the cost up?, I wouldn't worry about that either since players jsut won't buy them if they're not worth it.

edit: I can't spell

Message Edited by Sulas on 01-30-200711:30 PM

Maybe you missed a few things... maybe I wasnt very clear.. let me try again

·  Quadrupling the number of arrows created by tradeskill recipes for them. (Not just arrows, but also thrown items!) The new numbers will look like 25/50/75/99 arrows/objects depending on success.

·  Bumping up stats on tradeskilled arrows, and making them a wee bit more obvious as to their functionality. Hoping to get arrows to display their stats for GU32, but we'll have to see on that.

They first say they will be "bumping up the stats" on Tradeskill arrows. Then they say Storebought arrows will come down in stats. Which is it? It is both? If Player crafted arrows are going to be "equal to, or better" then current storebought arrows, then this can, and most likely will impact rangers everywhere.

Its fairly clear that we will be at the mercy (if you dont own a summoning bow) of crafters. We need arrows... its not something we can just decide we wont use to save some money.. We need them, its how we earn our keep. Once this goes live, Im sure that woodworkers will be crafting arrows like mad, and at first they will test the waters to see how much they can get away with before players decide to stop buying. So prices might not seem all that bad for starters, but give it some time. Rangers withouth arrow summoning bows, will of course want to deal as much damage each and every raid. That means, no more store bought arrows for them, since player crafted will be decidedly better. Demand for the product will go up, once that happens... so will the price. Coinsider this, DPS is like crack for a ranger(we all want it, we gotta have it)... that would make woodworkers our dealers! Now that I think about it. Woodworkers might actually benifit more if they gave away a free stack to start with.

But anyways.. anyone thats every had, or does from time to time, buy store bought arrows, will now have their DPS reduced. Unless they buy player crafted, in which case, its possible they might get a slight increase... or they might just stay the same.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
    Aeralik

Developer

Something to keep in mind is that combat arts will no longer consume ammo either with GU32.  So yes you will want the tradeskilled arrows with that update but at the same time you should be consuming fewer arrows.
    Aeralik is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
    AmericanPsycho

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:
    Something to keep in mind is that combat arts will no longer consume ammo either with GU32.  So yes you will want the tradeskilled arrows with that update but at the same time you should be consuming fewer arrows.

omg :smileyvery-happy:
    Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
    TerriBlades

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:

Well that will certainly make a difference, and even change my outlook on crafted arrows.

Thanks for dropping by and clearing this up Aeralik. This should be a welcome change for rangers everywhere.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
    Caliga

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:Something to keep in mind is that combat arts will no longer consume ammo either with GU32.  So yes you will want the tradeskilled arrows with that update but at the same time you should be consuming fewer arrows.

Okay, I've just gone from hating you to wanting to have your babies.
    Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 AM   #12
    xOnaton1

Loremaster

Ok, this sounds like a great compromise to me. I've always thought "Shoot, for my CAs I may as well be using tin arrows." Woodworkers are pretty rare nowdays, but I think with this arrow change, they will have a consumable product that they can make decent money off of. My guess is that a lot of new woodworkers and woodworker alts will be...      coming out of the woodwork.  :smileywink:Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLereVaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
    xOnaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
    Calthine

ZAM EQII

I think you'll find there's lots of Woodworkers, but arrows weren't worth the time investment for the profit.This is win-win, IMO.  I look forward to cranking out quiversful of arrows!

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #14
    Rijacki

Tester

Aeralik wrote:Something to keep in mind is that combat arts will no longer consume ammo either with GU32.  So yes you will want the tradeskilled arrows with that update but at the same time you should be consuming fewer arrows.

*blinks in shock and then faints*I think I am now looking forward to GU32 more than I was looking forward to the release of EoF.  Between the tradeskill changes and the other changes coming... it will be amazing.  Too bad its not the one coming next but the one after next.
    Old 01-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
    snowbrdr093

Loremaster

All the changes to crafted arrows are wonderful and all, but if they are in any way superior to summoned ammo from Bazkul or Ichorstrand it will be a step in the wrong direction.
    Old 01-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
    Lev

General

Lol I wrote a long post about how unhappy I was with how small the increase really was.. Why wasn't this posted directly into our arrow thread the second it got confirmed.. by a dev??.. JK this is great, and a big win for ranged all over. I am in extacy right now.. not that it matters so godfully much to me right now (as I have Bazkul), but for the ranger community as a whole this is one of the greater things to be fixed about our class..
    Lev is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #17
    Deson

Loremaster

snowbrdr093 wrote:All the changes to crafted arrows are wonderful and all, but if they are in any way superior to summoned ammo from Bazkul or Ichorstrand it will be a step in the wrong direction.

Why?
    I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
    Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #18
    Nulad

General

Well Iguess we'll see how it plays out after the LU SMILEY I know one thing for sure, my tradeskill level is going to go up SMILEY Thankyou.
    Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #19
    snowbrdr093

Loremaster

Deson wrote:

snowbrdr093 wrote:All the changes to crafted arrows are wonderful and all, but if they are in any way superior to summoned ammo from Bazkul or Ichorstrand it will be a step in the wrong direction.

Why?

Let's see... Raid dropped fabled bow ammo... Common harvested and crafted ammo... Does anything more need to be said, honestly?
    Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
    Kamarile

Loremaster

snowbrdr093 wrote:

Deson wrote:

snowbrdr093 wrote:
    All the changes to crafted arrows are wonderful and all, but if they are in any way superior to summoned ammo from Bazkul or Ichorstrand it will be a step in the wrong direction.

Why?

Let's see... Raid dropped fabled bow ammo... Common harvested and crafted ammo... Does anything more need to be said, honestly?

"Stuff you have to pay for" vs "Stuff that's free"

Does anything more need to be said, honestly?

Old 01-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #21
    TerriBlades

Loremaster

Spudface wrote:

haha spoken like a true crafter. Player crafted items should NEVER be better then anything you'd get from a fabled item. Honestly, did that really have to be stated? And the last time I checked. Players werent able to craft items better then legendary.... sooo.....

Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #22
    Deson

Loremaster

Let's not even go there. I really wanted a full answer. It's not like the bows only summoned arrows, the stats on them are solid rewards for the effort of raiding and really the summoned arrows were great more because of a mechanics weakness that's being fixed than anything else. Will the changes affect the value of the bow? Yes. Will it affect the value so much as the bow is worthless though?
    I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
    Old 01-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #23
    Nulad

General

Summoned arrows are being left alone.Ilucide said: Not to worry, I'm not touching summoned arrows at all - just vendor & tradeskilled.
    Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #24
    Bithnar

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:

*falls out of his chair*
    Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
    Loki_d20

Loremaster

Nevermind: see that answer on summoned is answered two posts above this SMILEY

Message Edited by Loki_d20 on 01-31-2007 08:31 AM

Loki_d20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #26
    Loki_d20

Loremaster

TerriBlades wrote:

Spudface wrote:

haha spoken like a true crafter. Player crafted items should NEVER be better then anything you'd get from a fabled item. Honestly, did that really have to be stated? And the last time I checked. Players werent able to craft items better then legendary.... sooo.....

Not true.  With a fabled item you are getting the stats and the DPS of the item, in regards to a bow at least, whereas the summoning factor is a 'bonus' similar to the speed on journeyman boots.  This doesn't mean that because the ability is on a fabled item it should be superior to all tiers of crafted arrows.
    Loki_d20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
    Kamarile

Loremaster

Loki_d20 wrote:

TerriBlades wrote:

Spudface wrote:

Not true.  With a fabled item you are getting the stats and the DPS of the item, in regards to a bow at least, whereas the summoning factor is a 'bonus' similar to the speed on journeyman boots.  This doesn't mean that because the ability is on a fabled item it should be superior to all tiers of crafted arrows.

Agreed.  If the bow had crappy stats and t1 dps, but could summon arrows, then I'd agree the arrows should be pretty [I cannot control my vocabulary] amazing, and a lot better than anything else you can get.  But as it is, the Bows would still be among the most wanted loot in the game without the ability to summon arrows - the arrow summoning is just an added extra, and not the be-all and end-all of the item's purpose.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #28
    Bithnar

Loremaster

Nuladen wrote:
    Summoned arrows are being left alone.

Ilucide said: Not to worry, I'm not touching summoned arrows at all - just vendor & tradeskilled.

Actually I wish he would touch the summoned arrows . . .  but only the quantity summoned and not the quality.  It would also be great if they would fix the tier issues with summoned arrows.
    Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #29
    Deson

Loremaster

Bithnar wrote:

Nuladen wrote:
    Summoned arrows are being left alone.Ilucide said: Not to worry, I'm not touching summoned arrows at all - just vendor & tradeskilled.

Actually I wish he would touch the summoned arrows . . .  but only the quantity summoned and not the quality.  It would also be great if they would fix the tier issues with summoned arrows.
    That's somtheing else that always bugged me- why is this even an upgrading spell? Even if they do want this and other arrow summon abilities to upgrade, the upgrade should be the amount and not the quality of arrow.
    Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM   #30
    Teksun

Loremaster

TerriBlades wrote:

Spudface wrote:

I will KIND OF disagree with you there... BUT T7 crafted arrows should NOT be better than T8 arrows os ANY kind...

Nerf the Hobbits
    Teksun is offline   Reply With Quote