EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #631
Ahlana

Loremaster

Am I correct in assuming there is no HeadStart code? That just having the box and the normal CDKey inside will give  us access to the New Expansion on the 16th? Gamestop seems to have no idea how the actual pre-order will work as to getting the 7 day early access. And if it is just the code in the box, than you really don't have to pre-order because GameStop Physical Stores will be carrying the retail box on the 17th for non-preorder sales as well.

So are we suppose to get a special code for preordering or no? Is it just the key in the box?

Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #632
irish

Tester

Its just the code in the retail box.

irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #633
Ahlana

Loremaster

irish wrote:

Its just the code in the retail box.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #634
Spammer

Loremaster

Given that its almost 8 weeks since Kiara's annoucement, there is still no sign of it on any of the UK retailers.

Spammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #635
Dragoneyes
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Severance

Loremaster

so any more news on the pre-order for us EU players please ? 

if you & the company's that you have asked to supply the game cant meet the requirements then how about us EU peeps being able to download the new exspansion 7 days early instead so this can at least give us the head start which SOE has said can happen or are we going to loose out yet again....

You (SOE) have stated that you value us EU players,but doesnt seem that way im afraid,with what is going on here.

Granted its been a holiday break but we got what 6 weeks before the release and the cut of time for pre-order is ??

So really looks like were screwed over....thanks 

Been playing this game  since launch near enough every time we have had issues about how we in the EU get ignored,left out on events and hardley ever get a chance to get a server first when new updates come out and now we cant even get the extra 7 days playing time ...do you really VALUE US THAT BAD??? , or is it being not able to look backwards see how many times this has gone wrong,find out why and fix the damm problems concerning us in the EU.

Am sorry if this sounds like a rant but like most im getting tired and fed up with being left out of every major release or event and haveing to jump up & down to get a responce.

DE

Old 01-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #636
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

so any more news on the pre-order for us EU players please ? 

if you & the company's that you have asked to supply the game cant meet the requirements then how about us EU peeps being able to download the new exspansion 7 days early instead so this can at least give us the head start which SOE has said can happen or are we going to loose out yet again....

You (SOE) have stated that you value us EU players,but doesnt seem that way im afraid,with what is going on here.

Granted its been a holiday break but we got what 6 weeks before the release and the cut of time for pre-order is ??

So really looks like were screwed over....thanks 

Been playing this game  since launch near enough every time we have had issues about how we in the EU get ignored,left out on events and hardley ever get a chance to get a server first when new updates come out and now we cant even get the extra 7 days playing time ...do you really VALUE US THAT BAD??? , or is it being not able to look backwards see how many times this has gone wrong,find out why and fix the damm problems concerning us in the EU.

Am sorry if this sounds like a rant but like most im getting tired and fed up with being left out of every major release or event and haveing to jump up & down to get a responce.

DE

Hard to disagree with you on any of your points tbh SOE should be ashamed of themselves.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #637
Spammer

Loremaster

All assume that SoE care enough to be ashamed, is a laugh.

This needs to get fixed NOW as there wont be a single box sitting on a shelf in ANY uk store.  This push to the shops on the street, in order "to get product on the shelves" is the most pathetic balls up Ive ever seen.  You do ZERO advertising in the UK, whats the point pushing it to shops here?  It will sit on the shelve for years until someone buys it by accident, thinking its woW, which is advertised

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #638
Elorah

Loremaster

Spammer wrote:

You do ZERO advertising in the UK, whats the point pushing it to shops here?  It will sit on the shelve for years until someone buys it by accident, thinking its woW, which is advertised

Actually, they do no advertising in the US too....  

Still hoping that they can do some magic now that the holidays are over and everyone will be back at work...

Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #639
Spammer

Loremaster

Eight weeks on Thursday since Kiaras first post in this thread and pre order is still only available to those in north america. This is not treating your customers with respect, this is abusing and mistreating your customers in Europe/Aus/Asia/South America/Africa
Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #640
guillero

Loremaster

Spammer wrote:

Eight weeks on Thursday since Kiaras first post in this thread and pre order is still only available to those in north america. This is not treating your customers with respect, this is abusing and mistreating your customers in Europe/Aus/Asia/South America/Africa

It comes to a point right now, that we get so close to expansion release, that it's just downright dusgusting how they keep the entire International community in the dark like this!

What normally should be a celebration and joy that comes with an expansion release, is now going to turn out into a total dissaster and nightmare for the international community!

Way to go SOE! /big tumbs DOWN !

guillero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #641
[email protected]

General

after 5 years of gaming eq2 its time to sing ...."this is the end, my only friend, the end (doors)"! the servers are empty and the international "support"/"distribution" for the add-on is an absolutly no-go. i think now its time for other nice things in life without any mmorpg's, without eq2.

regards akbar/giacomo from innovation

S@rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #642
mrsma

General

So, to clarify if someone may......

1/ Where can people in the UK buy the retail copy.

2/ If you use the  download purchase option am I right in thinking that you will gain access to the expansion 7 days after retail release.

3/ If #2 is YES then the new release sucks big round things.

and on another note.........

The WOW advert with Mr.T is pretty cool, you crazy fools !

Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #643
guillero

Loremaster

mrsmall wrote:

So, to clarify if someone may......

1/ Where can people in the UK buy the retail copy.

2/ If you use the  download purchase option am I right in thinking that you will gain access to the expansion 7 days after retail release.

3/ If #2 is YES then the new release sucks big round things.

and on another note.........

The WOW advert with Mr.T is pretty cool, you crazy fools !

As international customers we cannot get a retail copy! Unless you are willing to pay over 100 dollars total for a retail box (because of crazy high shipping rates) and then receive the box 2 weeks after release.

Wich brings you to option 2.  That yes, the digital download option is only available a week after release!

So option 3 is in order.  SOE screwed up BIG TIME! yet again.

guillero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #644
Spammer

Loremaster

30 working days until expansion starts... I find it very hard to believe that SoE expect us to believe that they will have international distribution in place for 16 Feb... SoE and the way it treats its valued international customers, this is pathetic and insulting

Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #645
Bluecrescent

Lord

The really sad thing is this: There are loyal customers who need the pre-order due to being in a top raiding guild (who happens to be outside of the US). I am ashamed to be American. I remember when people actually tried their hardest to make other people happy. It's pretty sad when EverQuest are loosing players to play World of Warcraft. That should say a lot, in my opinion. It's appauling how SoE seem to be only concerned with US Residents. I've been living in the UK for the past 5 years and notice how we always get everything last. The only thing I've seen on this forum about getting the pre-order internationally is: I'll have to check... We'll see what can be done... yadda yadda yadda. What happened to action? The way things are going SoE will need to redeem themselves in (International) eyes. There was a brilliant post about what the press would think of SoE excluding the international players. They need to get their finger out and do something about this injustice. The way I see it, all players should have EQUAL opportunity.

Bluecrescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #646
stayx

Loremaster

Whats now SOE can i order this expansion now or not?

I need answers and no "i dont have any informations", i dont know what you are thinking i'm rly [Removed for Content] about this order chaos...

I'm a player since 5 years and cannot order the new expansion, its a shame rly SMILEY

Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #647
Spammer

Loremaster

Wow, the "step up " attitude from SoE, in answering all our concerns, is deafening.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #648
Urrano

Loremaster

mmm so has anyone from europe found a retail shop in the usa wholl open the retail box and send us the cd-key via email ?
just think you could buy the retail box for us, bang on $10 and make a nice profit, and we could send you some dolla, you get hundreds of boxes, cd and manuals thrown into the bargin , you could make some wall paper out of the cover art, throw the dvds at nextdoors cats, and make a house out of the empty boxes and rent it out , oh the potential , youll be millionaires
or you could just let the whole world dl the content and screw the retail market, its the future.
Urrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #649
ailees

Loremaster

Did they say that Euro servers will be ready as fast as the US ones ?

getting the Key is nothing if software is still not updated

Old 01-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #650
rareyrare

Loremaster

Urrano wrote:

mmm so has anyone from europe found a retail shop in the usa wholl open the retail box and send us the cd-key via email ?
just think you could buy the retail box for us, bang on $10 and make a nice profit, and we could send you some dolla, you get hundreds of boxes, cd and manuals thrown into the bargin , you could make some wall paper out of the cover art, throw the dvds at nextdoors cats, and make a house out of the empty boxes and rent it out , oh the potential , youll be millionaires
or you could just let the whole world dl the content and screw the retail market, its the future.

I mentioned it on page 42 I think....

There IS a site that is purportedly doing just this called hotcdkey.com for only €27.92 ( http://www.hotcdkey.com/Everquest-I...inels-Fate.html ) The only question, in my mind at least, is if they're actually trustworthy. Buy from them at your own risk

rareyrare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #651
faith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Did they say that Euro servers will be ready as fast as the US ones ?

getting the Key is nothing if software is still not updated

Dont forget the halas update that goes live the same day as the expansion.

faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #652
Despak

Loremaster

Just a polite message to Kiara to politly ask if there is any news as yet and to also politly ask if there is likely to be any news of an international solution before the expansion goes live?
Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #653
mrsma

General

[email protected] wrote:

Just a polite message to Kiara to politely ask if there is any news as yet and to also politely ask if there is likely to be any news of an international solution before the expansion goes live?

Odds on the IF we ever get a RED name here that they will politely tell us that in the next 4 weeks Europe have NO CHANCE IN HELL of obtaining a retail box to co-inside with the official release date let alone being able to buy one at all that wont cost over $100.

Just a hunch

Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #654
Concordant

Loremaster

NON-US customers have been waiting weeks for information how SOE is going to let us participate in the new expansion without a 7-day-delay.

If you cant supply retailboxes to us, it is not our fault.

To prevent even further damage to your customers give them a way to use your product at release!

Feb 16th is all that matters!

Everything past 16 Feb is not acceptable!

Concordant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #655
Bre

General

The holidays are over.

Can we please have a statement on what SoE have in place to ensure non-USA based players can access the expansion on the release day of February 16th, rather than having their access blocked for a week?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #656
Sryker

Loremaster

Cdn. players can pre order Sentinel's Fate from Eb Games. They will ship Feb 17th where as Amazon.ca ships on the 19th. Or, you can pre order for store pick up on the 16th and save the shipping.

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=254030

Cheers

Sryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #657
Spammer

Loremaster

Crappy date for a pre order shipping... the day after the exp starts.

So thats a good section of USA and a smaller sample of canada sorted.

What about the rest of the 5 billon people on the planet, when do they get the ability to pay SoE for this sort of treatment?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #658
DukeOccam

Loremaster

Bluecrescent wrote:

I've been living in the UK for the past 5 years and notice how we always get everything last.

I'll trade you EQ2 expansions for your BBC stations. Or hell, just Top Gear! SMILEY

Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #659
Saev

General

Sryker wrote:

Cdn. players can pre order Sentinel's Fate from Eb Games. They will ship Feb 17th where as Amazon.ca ships on the 19th. Or, you can pre order for store pick up on the 16th and save the shipping.

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=254030

Cheers

Just to confirm this information about Amazon.ca. 

The website said the product would be released on February 16. I pre-ordered priority express (for a total of 39.99 + 12.98 shipping + 2.62 GST). Expected delivery date was Feb 23-24. I looked again and saw that on the order confirmation form, but not on the original listing, that the shipping date is February 19 ... I cancelled the order.

If I'm going to get it late, I might as well get it locally or by digital download.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #660
R2D2s_Lovechild

Loremaster

So any news SOE? Thanks for letting me in on beta, but frankly I'm put off helping you fine tune an expansion I'm not gonna play for 7 days after all my mates in the US. SORT IT OUT! PLEASE!

R2D2s_Lovechild is offline   Reply With Quote