EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #451
Calthine

ZAM EQII

[email protected] wrote:

I've used US Gamestop for several game orders (3 of them mmo's) and they've never had a problem delivering to me at all---in fact, I've gotten my games sometimes the day *before* they were out in the stores.  Do you have an alternate address you could send them to, like work or something?  I'm in Vancouver, not sure where you are, but maybe there's other options?  I've always been very pleased with their customer service and delivery.

The problem isn't my home address, the problem is that I live in Alaska, where GameStop uses UPS 2nd day or standard shipping only, and no one will deliver here overnight.  Hopefully they'll get this straightened out and ship before their announced ship date of 2/16, but I still won't get it on time.  Funny how they'll deliver to Canada faster than Alaska, eh?  Here's a pics; I used the Complete Collection so it'd show real shipping options.

Shipping Options with shipping time estimate:

I want to mention that, as an Alaskan, I'm quite used to being completely unloved when it comes to shipping.  My point is (still), please stop US bashing.  It's not an anti-non-US-citizen thing.  It's universal problem.

If they got the EU distribution straightened out (oh, please, let them get that one going!) y'all would have a better chance than this US citizen of having it on launch day.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #452
Gungo

Loremaster

Spammer wrote:

You HAVE an option, to pay the $40 shipping or NOT to pay it. We have no option to pay it or not.

Until someone from Marketting decides to come here and confess up to being the reason that people outside the USA are gettnig shafted....

Im not attack people in the USA for anything, if I wanted to do that, I would just point at who you vote in as President, Im having a go at an inept and thoughtless company that just cant help but get it wrong, again and again and again.

Um you have the same option...

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #453
Spammer

Loremaster

Gungo wrote:

Spammer wrote:

You HAVE an option, to pay the $40 shipping or NOT to pay it. We have no option to pay it or not.

Until someone from Marketting decides to come here and confess up to being the reason that people outside the USA are gettnig shafted....

Im not attack people in the USA for anything, if I wanted to do that, I would just point at who you vote in as President, Im having a go at an inept and thoughtless company that just cant help but get it wrong, again and again and again.

Um you have the same option...

Amazon.com devirts to amazon.co.uk and they and the others wont ship international....  so, go ... you tell me just how I get a copy of the box, on the day the expansion goes live, from the USA to the UK, from a company that wont ship internatioanl.....  No?

SoE fails.... again.

Spammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #454
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Kiara has already stated that they are looking into distribution outside of the US.  She has been good about keeping everyone updated....

I suggest that we all give them some time to work it out.  There are still a few months before the release, so hopefully they can work out all of the kinks SMILEY

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #455
Spammer

Loremaster

In internatlonal distribution, two months comes and goes in seconds and with distributors being the busiest at this time of year, its beyond an uphill fight. 

Two weeks on and not a single update about international customers (customers, the people the pay the bills)

Like it or not but SoE really seem to be heading for a serious failure on the part of international customers

Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #456
BChizzle

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I've used US Gamestop for several game orders (3 of them mmo's) and they've never had a problem delivering to me at all---in fact, I've gotten my games sometimes the day *before* they were out in the stores.  Do you have an alternate address you could send them to, like work or something?  I'm in Vancouver, not sure where you are, but maybe there's other options?  I've always been very pleased with their customer service and delivery.

The problem isn't my home address, the problem is that I live in Alaska, where GameStop uses UPS 2nd day or standard shipping only, and no one will deliver here overnight.  Hopefully they'll get this straightened out and ship before their announced ship date of 2/16, but I still won't get it on time.  Funny how they'll deliver to Canada faster than Alaska, eh?  Here's a pics; I used the Complete Collection so it'd show real shipping options.

Shipping Options with shipping time estimate:

I want to mention that, as an Alaskan, I'm quite used to being completely unloved when it comes to shipping.  My point is (still), please stop US bashing.  It's not an anti-non-US-citizen thing.  It's universal problem.

If they got the EU distribution straightened out (oh, please, let them get that one going!) y'all would have a better chance than this US citizen of having it on launch day.

You should probably change your attachment here we can still see your name and address.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #457
Calthine

ZAM EQII

BChizzle wrote:

You should probably change your attachment here we can still see your name and address.

You can?  /peers.  Thanks.  Honestly, my name is no secret, and if you show up at my house I'm going to make you babysit and/or eat fruitcake.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #458
Trellium

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

BChizzle wrote:

You can?  /peers.  Thanks.  Honestly, my name is no secret, and if you show up at my house I'm going to make you babysit and/or eat fruitcake.

Hmmmm, that sentence ... well, I will assume your childs name is Fruitcake? I will right over! I love Children Chops and a nice Roast Kid.

Finally, someone is friendly to the dwarves!

Trellium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #459
Lillaanya

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

BChizzle wrote:

OOO you are actually close enough I can abandon rugrats at your door lol

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #460
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Lillaanya wrote:

/moves

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #461
BChizzle

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

Lillaanya wrote:

/moves

No launch party at Calthine's house?

Old 12-03-2009, 04:25 AM   #462
[email protected]

General

hello...

i only know the normal way...First i have to find distribution for all countrys and after that i can promote the preorder etc. thats the normal way! but now i can see that SOE is not interested in supporting/supplying all countrys with the box version. 2 months before release they try to find distribution for the other countrys?? sorry but SOE must be kidding, the normal common sense says to me that SOE is dissing me. there you can see that the game is dieing. SOE doesn't invest as much money as the years before i think, they have to save money...

regards from germany

ElPo

S@rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 AM   #463
Alienor

Loremaster

Shareana wrote:

Kiara has already stated that they are looking into distribution outside of the US.  She has been good about keeping everyone updated....

I suggest that we all give them some time to work it out.  There are still a few months before the release, so hopefully they can work out all of the kinks

Perfect match to Kiaras Info: "Players will be able to choose an option for release date delivery in the continental U.S.  International customers will have the ability to get the expansion day one but that all depends on how early the order is placed and willingness to pay shipping costs. "

Please discuss internally before sharing info.

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #464
Spammer

Loremaster

Alienor wrote:

Perfect match to Kiaras Info: "Players will be able to choose an option for release date delivery in the continental U.S.  International customers will have the ability to get the expansion day one but that all depends on how early the order is placed and willingness to pay shipping costs. "

Please discuss internally before sharing info.

If what Kiara was told is true, then this really sounds like SoE never had any intention of international distrubtion.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #465
Spammer

Loremaster

Ill come to Alaska and eat fruit cake but you'll have to look after my two. I hear, its by far, the most beautiful state in the USA.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #466
Azraki

Loremaster

Order Summary
Items: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $35.98
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $75.97
Estimated Tax:* $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $15.19

Order Total: $91.16

is soe seriously expecting us euros to pay that much?

what speaks against making the digital download same 7 day headstart for outside US orders?

from amazon.de i could at least order for 0 (!) shipping costs, although they shipped my TSO a bit late...

Azraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #467
Spammer

Loremaster

SoE dont care about Europe.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #468
mrsma

General

Amazon..............................

Items:$39.99
Shipping & Handling:$35.98
Pre-order Guarantee:-$0.00
Promotion Applied:-$0.00

Total Before Tax:$75.97
Estimated Tax:*$0.00
Import Fees Deposit$11.40
Order Total: $87.37

SHIPPING TO LONDON - ENGLAND

I like this game. European it's a knock-out. First round...

Germany vs England

And the winning country so far for the most expensive European shipment goes too..........

GERMANY  ( this is one game I don't mind loosing  

Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #469
Spammer

Loremaster

Woot, Ive just been told that slashdot.org would publish a story about SoE not making the expansion available in Europe until 7 days after the USA, if they dont sort this mess out. Could anyone ever imagine Blizzard only releasing a WoW expansion to only one country (excluding Alaska) a week earlier than the rest?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #470
Kiara

Community Relations

People are rapidly getting out of hand in this thread.

First of all, I gave you information yesterday about SPECIFIC retailers.  That does not in any way affect the fact that we are still discussing international distribution with two different publishers.

When I have further information on that, I will share it.

Reading into and twisting what I say to make it look as bad as possible is uncalled for and has crossed the line from reasonable expression of dissatisfaction into trolling.  It needs to stop and this is the last time that I will ask for this. 

Last warning: Continued efforts to troll and twist about the information that I give will get this thread locked and the updates will not be open for discussion.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #471
Lillaanya

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

Lillaanya wrote:

/moves

lol

Seriously tho, I plan on just ordering through Amazon.  Even with their slow super saver shipping I have never recieved anything I have preordered from them late, provided it is ordered in plenty of time before release.

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #472
Terrius

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

GameStop - They know they need to add more information for our customers and will do so ASAP.  Also GameStop Canada is going to be ready for this release.  They just put the GameStop Canadian site up yesterday.

Gamestop.ca doesnt have anything other than the complete collection listed for Everquest 2 and under Everquest II they only have TSO *waits impatiently and gets out the poking stick* /shifty eyesP.S.Curse you Kiara! posting info like this ruining my doomsday theories! SMILEY

Terrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #473
Kerane

Loremaster

To have 2 copies (one for me, one for my husband) shipped to our home, it will cost $145.15 all in.

Converted to euros at the present conversion rate, that makes 96.19 euros.

Keeping in mind that a new game in the store costs 40-45 euros, i dont have a problem with this price tbh.

The only problem i still see is the shipping date, which is the 17th with an estimated arival between the 19th and the 23rd.

I hope this can be resolved as well.

Edit: just reread Kiaras post and saw they are talking with Amazon to get the game shipped on the 9th.

Btw, thank you Kiara for keeping us up to date on this.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 AM   #474
Pervis

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

People are rapidly getting out of hand in this thread.

First of all, I gave you information yesterday about SPECIFIC retailers.  That does not in any way affect the fact that we are still discussing international distribution with two different publishers.

When I have further information on that, I will share it.

Reading into and twisting what I say to make it look as bad as possible is uncalled for and has crossed the line from reasonable expression of dissatisfaction into trolling.  It needs to stop and this is the last time that I will ask for this. 

Last warning: Continued efforts to troll and twist about the information that I give will get this thread locked and the updates will not be open for discussion.

While not your fault specifically, it should be taken from this whole thing that SoE should not release expansion pre-sales until they are avalible to the entire world.

I personally would ahve thought that this would be common sense, but it seems someone you work for thought otherwise.

The fact that we STILL don't have any solid information is just downright disrespectful toward us players from those above you. While I have no doubt there would be some form of mitigating circumstance that would have made it seem like a good idea to provide pre-sale info to only a portion of the playerbase, that mitigating circumstance will not be good enough.

Not only did someone at SoE decide it was alright to open up pre sales to US residents only, but they also thought that this was such a great idea that they didn't even need to mention it, and decided to leave it to us players to figure out... the first mention of it did not come from SoE, it came from players unable to pre-order.

We were forgotten, we know there will be no appology, nor even an explination. We know that the most we can expect from the games producer is a possible post where he may come in and be all supprised at the fact we are unhappy at being forgotten, stating that he will be back to the thread in a few days, only to not post on the forums in any thread for another month.

We know that even if SoE does work something out, those of us not residing in the US will be penalised. We know that we WILL be charged more, and WILL receve less content by the end of the expansion cycle. We also know we will be penalised via other means, and though we do not know what these will be yet, we know it will happen. We know this from experiance, and there is no words that anyone could type that could convince us otherwise.

I say let us vent the anger that the company you work for has been building up in us over 10 years. In fact, I'd be glad if that venting is limited to text.

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #475
Kerane

Loremaster

Pervis wrote:

The fact that we STILL don't have any solid information

Kiara gave us a heads-up that those overseas can now preorder as well from various stores. I would call this solid information.

She has also told us they are still talking with said stores to make sure they will start shipping the game a week before the start of the expansion, so even the preorders overseas should get to the customers in time.

That too is information.

It may not be the information you were looking/hoping for, but it IS information.

Why dont you try to be constructive, and say what information you would still like to see.

Who knows, you might just get an answer.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #476
BChizzle

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Update from sales regarding shipping from Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop:

Amazon.com - Amazon will have all the information fixed by Friday AM.  They will also have all the shipping options spelled out for both International and NA customers.  Players will be able to choose an option for release date delivery in the continental U.S.  International customers will have the ability to get the expansion day one but that all depends on how early the order is placed and willingness to pay shipping costs.  They are also working with Amazon to start shipping on the February 9th to get to  international players on day one and working with Amazon Canada to have release day delivery.Best Buy.com - Best buy has added the pre-order button and put the 16th as the date of release.  They will have the site perfect by Thursday night.  They do not guarantee same day delivery; but like Amazon, they may start shipping on the 10th to hit houses on the 16th.  They are working with Best Buy to on this.GameStop - They know they need to add more information for our customers and will do so ASAP.  Also GameStop Canada is going to be ready for this release.  They just put the GameStop Canadian site up yesterday.

When I have further word on international distributors, I'll pass that along as well.  There currently is no updated information on how those discussions are working out.

Thank you for all your hard work on updating us on this Kiara. For my Canadian brothers and sisters...

Amazon.ca does in fact have the expansion for pre-sale now <3

Bestbuy.ca does not have the expansion for sale but it is selling Kingdom of Sky for some reason SMILEY

Gamestop.ca does not have the expansion for sale but they are selling TSO SMILEY

Keep workng hard on getting us the updates we really appreciate it, right now in Canada at least it seems that Amazon will be the way to go I would love to hear from you that they will be able to ship on time.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #477
Dessellion4

Loremaster

Thanks Kiara for sorting out Amazon.com - well almost.

Shipping to London is showing estimated ship date of 17 February, with estimated delivery date of 19-23 February.  If anyone can let me know why I should pay nearly double for the box on 23 February when the download will be available the same day please do say.  I really hope something gets sorted out with the international distributors. 

Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #478
amplifer

Loremaster

Why not do the simplest of all solutions on the prob... Make the Dig.DL to a preorder headstarter...  can the prob be esier solved than that????

amplifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #479
Elorah

Loremaster

amplifer wrote:

Why not do the simplest of all solutions on the prob... Make the Dig.DL to a preorder headstarter...  can the prob be esier solved than that????

Wouldn't the defeat the purpose of trying to get the stores to carry the game?  At least I assume that it one of the reasons to do it like this...

Old 12-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #480
Ahlana

Loremaster

Elorah wrote:

amplifer wrote:

Wouldn't the defeat the purpose of trying to get the stores to carry the game?  At least I assume that it one of the reasons to do it like this...

This.... there is no reason to state a head start if you get it through Digital Download or Box.. Then it is no longer a headstart, it is just well the start time in general lol.