EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Buttcliffe

Loremaster

I'm sure nobody's ever mentioned it before.   I'm willing to guess that 95% of those who are opposed to this idea are people who already have easymode themselves, they are in exile.  So, people from Qeynos and Freeport on PVP servers, let the devs know here how much this is needed, especially at this point and time.
Buttcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

I support this idea.
KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Buttcliffe

Loremaster

Coming from an exile that's huge, thank you Swisha.
Buttcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Buttcliffe wrote:
I'm sure nobody's ever mentioned it before.   I'm willing to guess that 95% of those who are opposed to this idea are people who already have easymode themselves, they are in exile.  So, people from Qeynos and Freeport on PVP servers, let the devs know here how much this is needed, especially at this point and time.

[edited to remove the personal attacks]

I can't believe you still managed to be completely wrong while repeating a good idea. Nobody cares if the cities have all classes. Everybody in exile WANTS -- [edited to remove the personal attacks] -- WANTS the cities to have all classes. Because, only then, will you realize how much you are just simply outplayed. Giving all classes to you will, hopefully, shut the cities up because then, there won't be any more excuses.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
MokiCh

General

Do we really need yet another thread about how cities should have all classes? What was wrong with the 50 other ones, they're not past their expiration date are they?

Emai - Ranger.

Nagafen.
MokiCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Hinosh

Loremaster

Why not just have a non-faction based PvP system if we're going to get rid of the difference between the factions?
Hinosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Hinosh wrote:
Why not just have a non-faction based PvP system if we're going to get rid of the difference between the factions?

Or just give the cities all classes. BUT you have to betray over to the opposite faction. Then, once there, you cannot use PvP rewards nor gain faction and tokens to buy PvP rewards, which you can't use anyway. If you want to raid with all classes, you'll get to raid with them. As for PvP, the spells and abilities alone from those classes is enough. Nor will you be able to use the city merchants after betrayal. Like I said, you get the classes, not all the benefits.

Afterwards, thought should be put in to introduce PvP armor to Haven.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Hinosh

Loremaster

Ibunubi wrote:
Hinosh wrote:

Or just give the cities all classes. BUT you have to betray over to the opposite faction. Then, once there, you cannot use PvP rewards nor gain faction and tokens to buy PvP rewards, which you can't use anyway. If you want to raid with all classes, you'll get to raid with them. As for PvP, the spells and abilities alone from those classes is enough. Nor will you be able to use the city merchants after betrayal. Like I said, you get the classes, not all the benefits.

Why would someone betray if the city you start with has all the classes you need?
Hinosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
ntommyb

Loremaster

Ibunubi wrote:
Buttcliffe wrote:

[Edited to remove the personal attacks]

I can't believe you still managed to be completely wrong while repeating a good idea. Nobody cares if the cities have all classes. Everybody in exile WANTS -- ([Edited to remove the personal attacks]) -- WANTS the cities to have all classes. Because, only then, will you realize how much you are just simply outplayed. Giving all classes to you will, hopefully, shut the cities up because then, there won't be any more excuses.

That was obvious sarcasm I'm pretty sure...Also people would still betray because they want some race that only starts good or evil to be some class thats only allowed in the opposite faction or whatever. Stupid roleplay stuffs
ntommyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Hinosh wrote:
Ibunubi wrote:
Hinosh wrote:

Why would someone betray if the city you start with has all the classes you need?
Because there happen to be guilds in both Freeport and Qeynos? That really can't be too hard to comprehend, can it?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
Crimmyblues

Loremaster

I make sweeping generalizations about large groups of people based on one shared opinion.
Crimmyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Crimmyblues wrote:
I make sweeping generalizations about large groups of people based on one shared opinion.
Well good for you!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #13
Death0Matic

Loremaster

I don't know why the don't allow this.  Like say you and some friend start up and one wants to play an evil class and the other a good class.  Well what do you do?  Someone has to play a class the is not their #1 choice and this might make their game experiance less enjoyable.

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #14
LaoSh

General

I support all classes in one faction, they shouldn't be able to live in the same city, just like blue servers, but they should be able to form a guild together and raid together IMO.  Would put an end to all this exile vs city faction bickering about who has an advantage or not.  It is time that exile means exile, and not "uber raid advantage land".      We all know that your able to raise your faction with any city in order to not be KoS when your in exile, no matter what your class, so why not be able to do the same thing while playing on a city faction?  
LaoSh is offline   Reply With Quote