EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 AM   #1
Whyte_Fire

Loremaster

Being a paladin, the only thing I've really got going for me against casters is my various stuns and interrupts. I dueled a conjuror friend of mine. First few fights, I knocked him off some towers. Third time. I see his tellurian fighter pet turn into a GINORMOUS Monster, the only likes of which I'd seen defending Cazic Thule.. So, he flings me around, beats me to a pulp. Then, after it ran out, a few minutes later, I killed him upon respawning. But then he did it again.. and again.. and again.. It got to the point where he Plane Shifted and Ran away, grabbing arena potions while his pet beat on me. He's determined that he 'pwns' now, and he'll defeat me in any way, shape, or form.I know I can just ignore him, but whats the fun in that? SMILEYSo, My question is, Is there any weak point in plane shift? Like debuffs, what I can do to the pet, ect?I need to reclaim my glory by defeating him SMILEYThanksEDIT: Spleling Errerrrs.

Message Edited by Whyte_Fire on 08-09-2006 04:57 PM

Whyte_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
bcc123000

Loremaster

ummmm... Plane Shift has like a 12 minute recast or something... not really "over and over again"

this is the kind of mis-information that gets respectable classes nerfed SMILEY

bcc123000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:04 AM   #3
Whyte_Fire

Loremaster

Sorry if I forgot to mention, IN THE ARENA. When you die in the arena, all of your recast timers are reset.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
Loral

General

So he killed you, then you killed him, his timer reset, then he killed you again, and cycled started over? So unless he also manage to beat you when his PS is down, you should be pretty much at the same number of victories each.

That said, yes, Planar Shift is pretty close to our "You lost!!" button in duels... Wait until you see him PS his scout pet, you will not even have time to see your HP bar going down.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
Loranthala

Loremaster

Arena is different from duels anyway... go in with max resists, high mit/avoidance.  I woop melee classes in there all the time without planeshift.

Aka Simonsays from Nektulos and Lavastorm represent!!
Loranthala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Well this is about my 5th time writing out a response for ya and it always end up about a million words long.  So i'll make this one short. I will just say this: the weakness is not in the PS spell but in the caster.  Kill the conj and the pet dies.  And tell you friend to PS their scout or even mage pet over the tank pet.   They should be able to beat u every time PS'd pet or not "if" they can keep range on you.  So all you have to do is get close and with cloth armour and low hp on the conj they'll go down pretty quick.

Goodluck SMILEY 
Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
Loranthala

Loremaster

Death0Matic wrote:
Well this is about my 5th time writing out a response for ya and it always end up about a million words long.  So i'll make this one short. I will just say this: the weakness is not in the PS spell but in the caster.  Kill the conj and the pet dies.  And tell you friend to PS their scout or even mage pet over the tank pet.   They should be able to beat u every time PS'd pet or not "if" they can keep range on you.  So all you have to do is get close and with cloth armour and low hp on the conj they'll go down pretty quick.

Goodluck SMILEY 

lol, you never seen a conjuror with 50% or higher avoidance then.  Definitely hard to hit, then add in the parry aa and ward proc items.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
FEFalc

Loranthala wrote:

Death0Matic wrote:

Goodluck SMILEY 

lol, you never seen a conjuror with 50% or higher avoidance then.  Definitely hard to hit, then add in the parry aa and ward proc items.

how did you manage to get 50%+ avoidance as a conjy? :smileytongue:  My 70 conjy is mostly fabled/legendary gear and is no where close to that kind of avoidance
Old 08-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
Loranthala

Loremaster

Lot of +def and agility

Old 08-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
Whyte_Fire

Loremaster

Pally = No speed boost. He 'Freezing Winds', or some spell to that effect, and runs away and grabs potions while i range him to death. SMILEY
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
Loranthala

Loremaster

Frigid winds

Old 08-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
Loranthala

Loremaster

Think its agi doll, but 1 of the dolls also has a snare.