EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

I have the master 1 plane shift spell, and master one igneous savant fire pet.

During our last run at labs, i plane shifted my fire pet vs a group with a thaumaturgist, which everyone knows does a nice aoe.

Can someone explain to me this?

that says, if you cannot read it "a doomwing thaumaturgist's frost storm hits Akito for 5581.

I took no damage as i was out of range, and my pets name is the same as mine for parsing.  This hit one shotted my pet.

The downside of this.

I was grouped with a fury and a defiler, so count their hp.  i have master 1 plane shift, which according to the description "increases max health of target by 5,779"  So either unbuffed my pet has NEGATIVE HP or plane shift hp component is busted.

So to prove my theory, my lovely fiance, a 70 fury dueled my fire pet in back off mode.
I kept my pet in back off mode, so since he was not attacking throughout the fight he was regenning health.
So the fight lasted 30 seconds, long enough for her to use 3 nukes - thunderbolt, that was all she cast, with recast of 15 seconds.  first hit was for 1428, second for 1935 and third for 1577, and my pet died.  that adds up to 4940 damage.

Now plane shift master one is supposed to add 5,779 to a fire pet, according to the description, so either the description is wrong wrong wrong, or the HP component of plane shift is not working on fire pets.

(i have not tested other pets, only fire)

RanmaBoyType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Blitzrain

Loremaster

Sounds like it may be broken, although a non plane-shifted fire pet has a lot less than 4900hps...maybe it's just not doing all its advertised to do.   Have you possesed your pet before and after the buff is cast?  Thought I did long ago, maybe not on the fire pet, and the numbers seemed okay.   Maybe it's been broken recently or I just wasn't paying close enough attention to just how many hps it should have had. 
Blitzrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

OK,

Here is a comparison screenshot.  Both versions of the pet have the same exact buffs minus plane shift. Standard Conji group buffs- Geotic Seal (master 1), Escutcheon (adept 3), Minions Stance: Aggravate (master 2), Conjurers Insignia (Master 1), minions Barrier (AP4), Minions Uproar(AP4).

Fire pet is master 1, Plane shift is master 1.  I have a side by side screenshot showing the full stats of both.  I also included a screenshot of how many hp plane shift is supposed to add.

Now from seeing this, i have to ask, why does he have so much more wisdom over int?  [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is up with that?  Besides the fact that is clearly shows a difference of 661 hp between a plane shifted fire pet and a non plane shifted fire pet. note the master 1 plane shift states 5,779 hp to fire pet.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
DobyMT

Loremaster

Wow. Good job spotting this. I haven't played in a while, so I wouldn't have been able to check it. Hope that the Devs are on it.
DobyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Melphe

General

this obvisouly seems to be broken...you bugged it, haven't you ?I dont have access to plane shift yet but i wish it is fixed before i have access to it
Melphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
Thmy

Loremaster

I bet you took the screen shots while NOT in raid

I get a differance if the pict is solo or in a raid group

When in a raid my pet has 300 + million STATUS

the fire pet in a raid :  showing Status and other stats

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=574895

The fire pet when solo

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=574696

note also the  health cap / health current  generall they should be equal as the pet

was not in combat and had not been in combat.

Message Edited by Thmy on 06-26-2006 09:53 AM

Thmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
Whazy

Loremaster

I have the Master Fire pet (Igneous Savant) and the Master Plane Shift spell.  At level 70, I get the same results as people are posting here: The fire pet's HP are not > 2800.  The Master Plane shift spell says it increases Max Health of the pet to ~5700.

(Symphony of the Night}
Trell Resin'Leaf, Fury (72/94) & Provisioner (25)
Zoobaj Jabooz, Necromancer (51/15) & Tailor (35)
Zhawy Incognito, Warlock, (65/70) & Jeweler (21)
Najena Server
Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
Whazy

Loremaster

RanmaBoyType wrote:
OK,

Here is a comparison screenshot.  Both versions of the pet have the same exact buffs minus plane shift. Standard Conji group buffs- Geotic Seal (master 1), Escutcheon (adept 3), Minions Stance: Aggravate (master 2), Conjurers Insignia (Master 1), minions Barrier (AP4), Minions Uproar(AP4).

Fire pet is master 1, Plane shift is master 1.  I have a side by side screenshot showing the full stats of both.  I also included a screenshot of how many hp plane shift is supposed to add.

Now from seeing this, i have to ask, why does he have so much more wisdom over int?  [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is up with that?  Besides the fact that is clearly shows a difference of 661 hp between a plane shifted fire pet and a non plane shifted fire pet. note the master 1 plane shift states 5,779 hp to fire pet.

One note: The air pet only gets a health boost of ~2900, per the description of Plane Shift (Master 1).  I possessed my air pet (Adept3) and saw he had max health of 4996 with just the usual Conj buffs.  When I possessed him after Plane Shift (Master 1) His Max health popped up to 6440, for an increase of only ~1400hp.

The Air pet is a melee pet, and will be in closer to potential AEs.  Why would the Air pet get a smaller health bump than the Fire Pet? 

Whatever that answer is, the pets are not getting the max health boost that the spell (Plane Shift) says they should get.

Message Edited by Whazy on 06-26-2006 10:26 AM

(Symphony of the Night}
Trell Resin'Leaf, Fury (72/94) & Provisioner (25)
Zoobaj Jabooz, Necromancer (51/15) & Tailor (35)
Zhawy Incognito, Warlock, (65/70) & Jeweler (21)
Najena Server
Old 06-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
Banditman

Loremaster

One further test that may help narrow the problem:Group with a Priest and have that Priest cancel ALL buffs.  Possess Minion, note HP.Have Priest cast all HP buffs.  Note how many HP this adds to you.  Make sure both you and the pet have the exact same buffs.  Possess Minion, note HP.If your pet gets the proper number of HP from the buffs, then the problem has been narrowed to one spell, while if your pet does NOT get the correct number of HP from the buffs, it may be a more systematic problem with the pet itself not taking any HP buffs properly.I bring this up because the Shaman AA pet has a long standing bug where it doesn't take HP buffs properly.  This is a true pet in the sense that it has all the same control commands as a Summoner pet, not a dumbfire or temporary.With the Shaman AA pet, you can cast HP buffs on the pet however, it is killed by blows that are less than the sum of it's base HP plus HP buffs.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
Thmy

Loremaster

I still would like to find out what buff is giving my pet status so i can get him a horse.

BUT buffs do seem to be messing with some data im  the pets stats.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:36 AM   #11
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

My screenshots were both taken while i was solo, with only conjurer buffs up.  I listed the buffs i used.  However in the first post i made the pet took an AoE for soomething along the lines of 5400 which one shotted him.  This value alone is less than the posted value that plane shift adds.  with his normal hp it should of been along the lines of 7700..

Old 06-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
Kleev

General

I noticed this same thing the other nite.  Was helping some friends clear out an old quest, fighting lvl 53 ^^^ epic x2's.  I plantshifted my firepet, sent him in, and boom...one shotted by a hit that was ballpark 3k..don't remember the exact numbers...but adept III pet and planeshift should have ballpark 7.5k hps for me.  havent possessed while planeshifted...but what you describe explains why he died in one hit.
Kleev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 AM   #13
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

Had a small x 2 raid going last night to attempt mr crabby in new expansion pack.  I was in MT group for extra mit buff + cold for MT group, so we had templar group buff, fury group buff and mystic group buff, and the follow shows my master 1 fire pets health (not plane shifted).  Something is seriously wrong.

Yes i have bugged this, and so far have heard nothing.  It would be great if more of the conjurer community would do the same.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #14
Renpatsu

Loremaster

RanmaBoyType wrote:

Had a small x 2 raid going last night to attempt mr crabby in new expansion pack.  I was in MT group for extra mit buff + cold for MT group, so we had templar group buff, fury group buff and mystic group buff, and the follow shows my master 1 fire pets health (not plane shifted).  Something is seriously wrong.

Yes i have bugged this, and so far have heard nothing.  It would be great if more of the conjurer community would do the same.

And an impressive amount of status the pet got as well :smileyvery-happy:

On the topic: I'll check it as well and /bug it then

Old 06-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
Banditman

Loremaster

This appears to be the same bug that Shaman have been reporting with their pet since . . . February.Pets simply aren't taking any HP buffs properly, and probably aren't taking stat buffs properly either.I think you'll find that if you possess minion, then have a Priest hit your pet with ONLY a direct HP buff, your pet will get only a small fraction of the HP that the buff should give.Shaman have been reporting this problem for months with absolutely no acknowledgment or response.  SMILEY
Old 06-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #16
Thmy

Loremaster

Thank you for being the first person to double check the  group/raid buff that is giving the pet STATUS.

We do need to find out WHICH buff is doing that.

THere is a very bad error in a  pointer to a pet stat data table  somewhere and the problem may very well
be the same as the pet HP problem as plane shift migh just be a set of buffs.

lets  find a place in the main boards to post a link requesting help.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #17
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Yes something is really wrong with the hp side of the spell.  Your first post proves this (I'm assuming that that it didn't wear off maybe the second the ae hit).  Now when you posses minion you see that the hp is red and afterwards when the spell expires look at what % health your pet is at.  I have done this and when i look at my pet after i posses it i see its health was below 50% ( not sure the exact % it was at but it was pretty low).  Not too sure if anyone else has noticed this b4 or maybe it was just bugged for me the couple of times I noticed it.  Anyways hope this helps.
Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #18
Nainitsuj

Loremaster

Death0Matic wrote:
Yes something is really wrong with the hp side of the spell.  Your first post proves this (I'm assuming that that it didn't wear off maybe the second the ae hit).  Now when you posses minion you see that the hp is red and afterwards when the spell expires look at what % health your pet is at.  I have done this and when i look at my pet after i posses it i see its health was below 50% ( not sure the exact % it was at but it was pretty low).  Not too sure if anyone else has noticed this b4 or maybe it was just bugged for me the couple of times I noticed it.  Anyways hope this helps.

It's doing this for necro pets as well.  It's reporting an incorrect total and base HP amount.  Last night my pet was at 153% of his health.
Nainitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #19
Reiano

Loremaster

I think pets are takeing too much dammage I was in sos and my lv 70 tank pet with master def buff. He was hit bye one of them green too me 2 up sentinals bye the zone out was hitting my pet for 3 to 5k range and  killed my pet I use to be able to solo these with no problem something stinks.
Reiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
Kleev

General

the HP bonus is also broken on the tank pet.  Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.  My tellurian champion fully buffed *should* have around 12-13k hps.  With planeshift, should be in the 24-25k range.  would be nice if soe would actually fix thats wrong with us now....i don't know if these problems excisted before lu24 or not as i didn't have planeshift at that point..but if they were...then lu24 deffinetly made them much much much more apparent.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #21
Dracon

General

In Splitpaw Saga for the Trial of Harclave it also appears that the buff you get for the trial that makes you heroic(massive hp buff), either isn't hitting the pet or the hp part isn't being calculated properly as well.
Dracon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #22
Kleev

General

it seems to me that with harclave, the buff does not affect the pet(never did finish harclave cause of that...).  I don't think that is a bug though, because later on in the bonemire, there is a similar quest as part of the mark of awakening trial where you get an uber-buff, and that one does affect your pet, atleast untill its first death.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
Loral

General

The Harclave buff never affected your pet.

The recommendation was always to use the Air or Fire pet, and to tank yourself. Usually, a consistent use of all the AoE spells available are enough to keep aggro on yourself. As long as you don't get more than 2-3 groups on yourself at a time, you have nothing to worry about, the buff will keep you alive.

For the Trial3 of the MoA quest, I actually didn't notice that the buff affected my pet. I have read prior to trying that it was like the Harclave buff, and thus readied myself accordingly (DS on myself, fire pet out, etc.) and did it that way. Was a long time ago, but I seem to recall to have recasted my pet quite often.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #24
Themaginator

Loremaster

Im havin this same problem Akito with Master 1 Plane Shift and Adept III Fire pet the hp is severely bugged i have /bugged it
Themaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #25
Kleev

General

Loralor wrote:
For the Trial3 of the MoA quest, I actually didn't notice that the buff affected my pet. I have read prior to trying that it was like the Harclave buff, and thus readied myself accordingly (DS on myself, fire pet out, etc.) and did it that way. Was a long time ago, but I seem to recall to have recasted my pet quite often.

When i did moa trial 3, my fire pet was actually tanking the mobs for most of it, and he was suriving for an extremly long time, but after his first death and re-summon he was getting one shotted often.