EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Troubador
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Ok some i've been raiding in a q only raid guild for a while now and i parse on average 1.8-2k zonewide, sometimes higher if i'm in the right group.

But what i have noticed is that when i'm solo or grouping reverberating shrill hits alot harder than when in raid.  I don't think i have seen a 5k+ hit yet on it in raid but when i am solo or in a small group it seems high 4k's-low 5k's is a regular crit for it.

I don't think this make sense because in a raid there is always illy's with mental debuffs, other scout with debuffs, wisdom debuffs.  But when i am solo it is just my  debuffs so really it should be hitting alot harder in raid than solo.

Has anyone else noticed this?  All my other spells seem to hit alot harder in raid than solo.

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
RanmaBoyType

Loremaster

raid mobs tend to be first off higher level, and second off have higher resists, however for me the exact opposite is true.  I tend to hit much harder in raids, and I believe it is due to all the debuffs.  Id just ask for re-assurance that your raid force is properly debuffing the mob (you as well). (it might be different for a q only force, as i am blessed with PvE raid force)

First spell I always cast and assure to keep up is our snare/mental debuff.  Second is bright blade, 3rd is magic rebuff.  Then depending on the encouter lay out either more debuffs or start to lay it in.

RanmaBoyType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Mew

General

Yeah, your raid force needs to hit raid mobs with WIS and arcane debuffs for your stuff to hit hard.  Raid mobs got a big boost to resists a few GU's ago. Also, make sure your disruption skill is up there.  I find on my necro that resists are a lot less with a disruption skill of 475+.  Under that its going to be hard to land disruption based spells often.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Thanks guys, butIts only reverberating shrill that seems to do this.  All my other spells hit alot harder in a raid.

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote