EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
patrickhvr

Loremaster

Okay as we all know we despise the current PvP writ system.

So I brainstormed...don't flame me to much.

Go back to token drops.  Each class drops a specific token.

Wizard drops green emerald token (example)

Brigand drops red emerald token (example)

Assassin drops blue emerald token (example)

ect. ect. ect. (one color for each freeport and qyenos class)

Now to get your rewarded PvP piece say you need this:

Chest:20 green emerald tokens (wizard)

20 red emerald tokens (brigand)

So on and so on till each class from either side gives you the number of colored tokens for the speficic piece.  Each class has a specific color that they drop.  This would bring it to the old style of pvp, but would not be so one sided. Balance would be good also and you would have extra's of other colored tokens to put twords your next PvP piece.  Takes away the raid zerging, the 20 min cool down, takes the one sided part out of scouts and makes them hunt.  A scout with 3,000 green emerald wizard token does him no good when he needs the other colors to get the desired piece.

Just a thought, thanks for reading, I can make it more in depth and lengthy if need be to clarify.

patrickhvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Why do you think they took out class specific writs in the first place? 

Good luck getting the piece that you need to kill X number of inquisitors.  This might take until you level one up on a diffrent account and kill him.

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #3
patrickhvr

Loremaster

What would be so bad about having to hunt an Iquisitor or Templar.  PvP gear isnt supposed to be something that is easy to obtain.  Raid gear isnt supposed to easy to obtain.  If you think about it you have to get 24 people together and work on these raid mobs. 

With the Inquisitor/Templar's make it a rare token say you only need five of.  Its a little bit of a rusty idea right now but it could work out.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
patrickhvr

Loremaster

Guess no one liked the thought...
Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

patrickhvr wrote:

Okay as we all know we despise the current PvP writ system.

So I brainstormed...don't flame me to much.

Go back to token drops.  Each class drops a specific token.

Wizard drops green emerald token (example)

Brigand drops red emerald token (example)

Assassin drops blue emerald token (example)

ect. ect. ect. (one color for each freeport and qyenos class)

Now to get your rewarded PvP piece say you need this:

Chest:20 green emerald tokens (wizard)

20 red emerald tokens (brigand)

So on and so on till each class from either side gives you the number of colored tokens for the speficic piece.  Each class has a specific color that they drop.  This would bring it to the old style of pvp, but would not be so one sided. Balance would be good also and you would have extra's of other colored tokens to put twords your next PvP piece.  Takes away the raid zerging, the 20 min cool down, takes the one sided part out of scouts and makes them hunt.  A scout with 3,000 green emerald wizard token does him no good when he needs the other colors to get the desired piece.

Just a thought, thanks for reading, I can make it more in depth and lengthy if need be to clarify.

I do not support this.

Some classes FAIL at killing other classes. See Brawler vs Shaman or Warrior vs. Druid for prime examples. I'd hate to see a Dirge having to go out and kill 16 different classes when 1. Some classes are so underplayed it might take days just to find one that will fight, and 2. Some classes do not do well against certain other classes.

This idea is a step in the wrong direction.

KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
Stabbath

Loremaster

Nope, I hate the thought of needing specific classes. I see no reason for it over just X amount of other faction players. And anyone that levels up a toon to farm, is wasting their time. Recent timers, and timers on writs make this pointless. The time you spend leveling up and additional character is time wasted where you could be doing more pvp.
Stabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
patrickhvr

Loremaster

So what your saying is that your class can't group with someone to get tokens?  It's not a matter of finding specific classes like the writ system.  Each class gives you a specific color token.  And heck, why not make it so you can cash in your surplus of one for a 20/10 or 20/5 ratio.  Make the PvP merchant greedy.  I don't think SOE intended the PvP gear to be a week acheivment to have better end game gear then most people.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

As a Scout, with tracking, and some decent survivability odds, I spent a week and a half looking for a Warden to kill when writs first came out.  Now say I were a Mystic.  Or Illusionist.  That aspect was broken.  And as stated above, and it seems to be something that not everybody can grasp (not directed at anybody here, just an observation) Class A cannot always beat Class B.  Necro's spring to mind.  Same as SK's with HT down. 

The timer's set at 10 minutes from hail, and actually seems to be working as such.  As far as grouping for writs ... there's more grouped PvP now than there was pre-writ, so that's a plus.  The token idea, somebody in SOE's got it fixed in their head that it's a good idea, so it stays, even though the faction concept for purchasing gear has been around longer, has been proven to work for level 10 on up, and rewards directly based on PvP kills.  The writs are working now.  Not seeing raid vs raid camping the writ giver, which is good, but seeing multiple groups fighting each other, that's good.  And seeing some new faces, but not the hordes of "who the efff is that level 80, and how have they managed to never come out before" syndrome that brought out every tradeskiller and bluebie that could find somebody to invite them.  Overall, I'd say it's an improvement.

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote