EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Rageahol

Hello all, after playing nearly every class for a bit to see what felt right I have finally settled on the class I tried first, a conjuror of course SMILEY .  I have been frequenting the boards for a few weeks (just about to finish the 30day trial) and I have a few questions:

1. I am playing a high elf, I plan on a combination of the Int and Wis AA lines (I am a soloer) to buff my power and my pet. Any great benefit to soloing from one of the other lines I am overlooking?

2. I am not concerned about "uber loot", as long as I am having fun, but of course having stated that I would still like to find good gear that is reasonable for a soloer to expect to get. I have purchased all of the expansions and packs, I am level 17 now, what quests should I be looking at around 20 (particularly are there specific class or racial quests I should know about)?

I have dug around a bit in the newbie forum, but I would like some class-specific advice from some experienced Conjuror's, especially soloers... I am really enjoying this game and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in Norrath!

Rageahol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

1. The INT line won't benefit you from soloing, other than the initial INT stats. However at high levels INT is very easy to come by, and not worth dumping points into IMO. The rest of the INT line is only useful for your Fire pet. However, the WIS line is a good all-round choice for all three pet types. For soloer types, you might consider the STA line (if you're a heavy Earth pet user), or the AGI line (if you're a heavy Air pet user, even while soloing).My personal recommendation for the heavy Earth-pet soloer (like I am) is STA 4-8-4-8 WIS 4-4-8-8. It focuses on maximizing your tank pet's ability to hold aggro, tank, and deal damage, and as a side effect it also passively boosts your scout and mage offensive skills, and slightly increases your chance of survival SMILEY2. Thundering Steppes (level 20-29) and Enchanted Lands (level 30-39) have full soloer quest lines that are worth checking out. The gear will definitely help out as you go. I would also consider investing in some rare tailored armor, if you can get it for a cheap price.General tips:* Upgrade your pets and pet stances to Adept III ASAP. They make, by far, the biggest impact for your conjuror. Additional Adept 3 recommendations can be found at The Summoner's Tower* Learn your pets! Far too often I see Conjurors join a group and still using their Earth pet instead of their Fire or Air pets (this tip doesn't apply if you are below level 20).* If you played EQ1, don't assume that just because we have elemental pets and EQ1 Magicians have elemental pets that we are the same class. EQ1 != EQ2, and Conjurors != Magicians!* Ask questions! If you got questions, people can't answer them unless you ask!* Don't fret if you can't get good gear very quickly. Conjurors are less gear dependent than most classes, and are much more spell dependent. That doesn't mean you should ignore gear completely, but if you have the choice of a spell upgrade or a gear upgrade, the spell upgrade is almost always the better choice.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
Rageahol

Thank you very much! That was just the sort of advice I was looking for! SMILEY
Old 09-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Death0Matic

Loremaster

I see your lvl 17 and just going to suggest a couple of zone that you should check out.  Wailing caves off of commonlands would be a great zone you to try out at your lvl.  There are heroic mobs in the zone but they are easy to solo with the right strat.  There are also a fair amount of named mobs in the zone which have legendary and fabled drops.  You might need a few lvl's on the named mobs or a group but it is possible to solo them.  The same goes for blackburrow off antonica (wailing caves is more fun IMO tho).

Next when you lvl 20 + check out stormhold off antonica and fallen gate off commonlands.  Although these zones are 95% heroic mobs once you have a few lvls on them they will be easy to solo.  These zones are fun and have alot of loot which will help you to upgrade spells/gear.  Make sure to kill the boss in fallen gate when your are able to.  She's lvl 26^^^ but with a few freinds or a few lvl;s on her she is doable and is 100% fable drop with alot of mage gear in her table.  Vault of the fallen off of fallen gate also has a lvl 28 boss with 100% fable drops and it is a nice short zone.

Well you may have already known about these zones but i figured i'd just make sure to help you out.  I had alot of fun in these zones up until lvl 32 when its time to hit rov.  

As for aa's if your heavy with the tank pet go with the STA line and Wis line.  This will give you the best possible tank pet.

Well have fun

P.S.  lvl 24 master 1 tank pet dropped for me in fallen gate, just by luck off a trash mob

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
Rageahol

Thank you!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
monrofayy

Loremaster

Remember each pet has it's own unique spells/ablitys and don't expect to just sit there let the pet sort them out,

as your playing what ever pet  you got out  fighting for you try to  remember what it does,, what it casts and adapt

when it  comes to money and gear upgrades not as hard only got  2 stats really to worry about sta for hp so you don't get one shotted  and int for power/dmg

aye the wis line is a very good choice if you solo more then group added defense/offense counters the negative effects of the stances and same time on the wis line you get a AA allows you to drain life from pet to heal memebers in the group 1k+ heal every 30 sec your self, friend,the tank

Even thou your  master of the pet try shareing the aggro/dmg of the pet < also helps to get defense skill up>  " say your messing around with fire pet you get aggro 4 blue mobs you already know can take down your fire pet but are not much a worry for you self  let pet grab the attention of 2  that you know can handle by it's self with a bit of healing you get the attention of the other 2  who ever finishes first can help the other with there 2 this way sure beat ether you or pet having to deal with 4 mobs at the same time

when you reach higher levels as somthing to look forward to you get a spell " plane shift" sweet little spell turn your pet for 1 min into a elemental nightmare!!

controlled by you

< <  hope this  helps just my 2 coppers > >

monrofayy is offline   Reply With Quote