EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
Elowith

I apologize if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, have been on vacation and there are simply so many threads to read.....

I have several 110 crafters whose adventuring lives ended many expansions ago. In running through the sig line on a max level adventurer, I needed to kill a number of aggressive wandering mobs to obtain many of the quest harvestables and some of the clickies. I can not see being able to do this on a level 50 beastlord. Are there meant to be a number of reachable nodes for all levels or are the sit at home crafters pretty much done with this expansion?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
Xianthia

It will help if you /bug the actual mobs/spots where the mob(s) are too close and they can aggro your character. It's what I've been doing. I'm running the quest line (TS one) as though I was a low level character and if a mob aggros me then I /bug that one as being too close.

To give you an example, there are two that come to mind. On quest step where you are sent to Vegarlson (Temry npc) there is a basilisk where no matter how/from where I've tried to approach the npc, that basilisk always aggroes. Later in the quest line, there is one nibolrien that is very close to where you put the Xegony item. That one sometimes aggroes and doesn't other times. Reported that one as well.

semi related : basilisk and the doomfire efreeti, seem to have a wide ranging aggro zone...
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #3
Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub

This Expansion looks like it will be difficult for some of the Lower Level Adventurers. While there are some Nodes in fairly safe area, They get used up pretty quick. And some of the Quest you need to harvest a LOT of Mats for. Doomfire comes to mind when doing the Quest for the Efreeti and make the beds. And this is only one of the zones that is this way. I'm not saying they can't do it, But it won't be easy.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
Katzandra

I have been thinking it would be almost impossible to get through the signature with a low level adventurer. I actually have found it fun to take low level adventurers through adrenaline pumping adventures in gathering and crafting. I still have a few characters that are 110 in trade skill and lower level in adventuring so I had them in mind while running the quest line.

I haven't actually tried the new signature with a lower level adventuring toon, but I am finding that a less than awesome DPS character I have on my second account is spending more time defending himself from attacking mobs than he is crafting. (It takes him forever to kill anything.)
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote