EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Kander

Developer

Please post any feedback, bugs, etc. regarding Awuidor: Marr's Ascent. There are 2 versions of this zone, [Solo] and [Heroic]. In your posts, please be sure to call out which version of the zone you are discussing.

Thanks!
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
Leisher

Last name in zone ( Tethys All-Mother ) - Solo - I slow burn each add 1/2/3 prong till all three stone skin at 77%, then I slow burn Tethys, at every 20% text comes up about letting someone go, can damage #1 prong till dead, slow burn Tethys to 60%, #2 prong takes damage and so forth, when all 3 adds are dead, Tethys stops taking damage at 31%, iv done so many pulls trying to kill different ways but she always stops at 31%, also I have to kite the encounter the whole time or the spell (Hand of all Mother) Tethys casts one shots me.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
Kander

Developer

Excellent feedback, thank you very much. Fixing these issues.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
Uncle

in _solo- a marid mystic couldn't tell which one was chain casting a curable curse debuff called earth grab which charms you until cured.

On Grobnor the elder Orb.. it was casting heroic buffs in the -solo- Ray of fear mit debuff and full power drain.
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
Kander

Developer

Removed the mez, Ray of Fear has been corrected and greatly reduced.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
Spartanec

The use of escape breaks the zone!!!
"Fount of power" is not active in spell books and the effect is removed from the character.
In the chat it is written that it is necessary to be in the solo / duo/ questzone in order to use the "Fount of power".
After reentering in dungeon "Fount of power" works correctly.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
Kander

Developer

We'll take a look at it.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #8
Spartanec

correction
after using escape character zonning to heroic
my mistake
Old 10-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #9
Kander

Developer

Oh, how would you get into the heroic? They are not available?
Old 10-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
Spartanec

my Brigant use Escape and zone to heroic version
Old 10-12-2018, 01:00 AM   #11
Elinea

Wow Spartanec, that's quite a bug.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #12
Kander

Developer

Its actually pretty common in beta. Fixed, but wont make it in until Saturday.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #13
Bardonio

Final named Tethys All-Mother and her adds are needing to be run around or one shot. burn adds to roughly 80-77% each then Tethys takes damage. However there is a one shot if in range of Hand of All-Mother spell lands. Unsure of distance. Also, when dying in zone, you can revive at entrance Solo AND entrance Heroic. managed to kill 1st and second prong, had tethys down to 45% and one shot.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #14
Bardonio

ok she is dead. managed to just focus on her and her adds were sacrificed by her at every 33%
Old 10-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #15
Kander

Developer

Cool, lots of difficulty changes for tomorrow. Should be a lot easier.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
Bawkan

(Solo) Some mobs in here have too much health, taking much longer to kill trash than the nameds. an aqueous sentinel,a hostile water spirit, a chaotic torrent, and the emissaries before each boss are all very tanky.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
Thand

i tryed kiting them them around but i still get hit by all hand of all Mother for 551 billion 20 feet away or assassinate from idys for 100billion if i let her get behind me me
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #18
Thand

tried full kite wit just runing around in a circle and killed them all but who got stuck at at 60 percent with everyone else including mother dead.
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #19
Intenzive

Really think you guys could of done something other than give every mob a massive power drain.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #20
Leed

The first mob you run into in the zone (aqueous sentinel) casts 'Shield of E'Ci' that seems to drain power even faster than it's description states. By the time I've floated back down from the knockback I'm already at 0% power. From there it's pretty much wedge yourself somewhere, turn on auto attack and come back later if you are a class without power regen.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
Leed

Grobnor the Elder Orb seems to have some abilities that cause the encounter to break. In middle of fight suddenly you get 'This encounter will no longer give encounter rewards' and he resets. Not sure what ability it was - but the text right before is 'Grobnor the Elder Orb begins to cast a curse.'

Edit: He reset himself again, and the 2nd time the last line was 'Beam of Many Colors crushes YOU draining 269,905 points of power."
Old 10-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #22
Leed

Tethys All-Mother's Draw of Life hits for 229,506,041 damage in solo version. I think you are suppose to joust it, and sometimes she stays put when you run away - but other times it says that she begins to chant, and when you run away she just follows right behind you and one shots you.

Idyia also hit me for 94,996,084 with Assassinate but I don't believe she was behind me when she did it.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #23
Shonshazzitt

same issue
Shonshazzitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
Monstuhr

The Aqua Sentinels - why....Knockups, powerdrain and way too much health.

Second if you get knocked below from one of them is there a way out? I had to evac totem

Third - power drain on the first named...seems much. Full power drains and relying on pots hopefully to be able to cure. Not great. I am a defiler I can canabalize and I hit my cure and still can't get power up in time.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #25
Skixxxx

aqueous sentinels and chaotic torrents have way too much HP ... tagek ages to kill
Old 10-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub

Having Issue with the named Basilick, I think it was Filo or Philo(?) Standing directly beneath him and wasn't able to hit him. I was getting No Target in Range for AoEs and Target out of Range on CAs? Possible bug with his Hit Box shrinking or being a little small?
Old 10-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #27
Shonshazzitt

Only way to kill the last named, is kite and use ranged AoEs for the entire duration of the fight, if you get too close to her, 1 shotted LOL =)
Shonshazzitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #28
Victisa

hi all.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the boss Grobnor? when in a fight with him he randomly reset himself to 100% health and goes back to starting location. I did put a bug report it a few times. it happens in every encounter i had with him. thanks
Old 10-15-2018, 03:34 AM   #29
SgtPmpkn

Aqueous Sentinels, a hostile water spirit, An emissary of Marr after first named, an emmisary of the veiled, an emmissary of the deep - all seem to have HP/buff packages a bit higher than others in the zone and take a significantly longer time to kill.

Wizard
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #30
Pizac

The one shot on the last named is too much. I'm a wizzy and I cant run and cast, when I stop to cast they are on me before I have finished and then one shot me. If its not the one shot its the power drain. Frown