EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #1
Gninja

Developer

Welcome to Torden, Bastion of Thunder! Leave any feedback you have on this zone here.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
Moss

Fount of Power is canceling permanently in that zone
Old 10-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Moss

The Glacial Tower is empty, nothing to click or kill
Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
Moss

Auliffe Chaoswind's Blizzard its for 11M hp, too much for someone with solo gear
Old 10-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Bardonio

Gatekeeper Karatil now acts like a true heroic mob. Even after swapping to the beta buff gear, its like he has double the mitigation or even triple. Cant even cure the elemental dot he puts on me at the beginning of the fight. Killed him no problem yesterday in fact had no issues with any solo zones yesterday. I cleared this zone yesterday a few times not to have the portal up or to have the end ice boss the raid version. cannot advance the signature quest for here.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Uncle

INq Barol one shots me if i dont drain his power that will be a tad hard since im a ranger might want to adj that
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
Uncle

couple things sandstorm seem to like to port players to the front of the zone now kinda annoying expecally when your with another player and you lose the buff and get one shotted also cas we get s closer revive points put in casue that run is not fun after teh first few times...

uncle
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
Ragefuryxx

Since about 2:30 or after the update this morning Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Tower Breach [Solo] for some reason the nameds are one shotting me through temps and defensive stance not sure if anyone else is having this problem.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #9
Keelinn

Determinedly spent a very long time trying to do this zone.

I killed Gatekeeper Karatil after at least 30 tries, cycling through every merc I had but they are each as useless as each other. When the Gatekeeper did die, it was by blind luck. I really cant see how a solo player is meant to kill this.

Inq Barol requires power draining, no idea how I am meant to do this.

Sandstorm ports you back to entrance 5 seconds into the fight and you die. If there is a strat to be figured out, need more than 5 seconds to do it.

Also, the zone is ridiculously big. Closer revive points would be nice, I only have little legs. I would have carried on trying since I'm a sucker for punishment but the long run back to the named's made me admit defeat.
Keelinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #10
Tailon

Just was in the zone and Gatekeeper Karatil appears to be unkillable, He was constantly healing up when killed and he has no buff regarding it and no healing showing in my log either.
Tailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #11
Gninja

Developer

We are aware that bosses in Plane of Innovation and Torden, Bastion of Thunder are not dying like they should. We will get it fixed asap.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:16 AM   #12
Vanyel

MINOR BUG: Klodsag needs a book/quest feather icon

I found him easy enough, but most players... LOL
Old 10-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #13
Zuicidal

Just got the quest to go in here for the signature line and can't see or click on the portal.....tried logging out and back in, still can't see the portal to get into the zone.
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #14
Vanyel

Auliffe Choaswind is white and non agro and the teleport back down is locked out now that I'm up here

Is this a bug? or am i missing something? I went to this side (left) of the map first

update: I forgot I crashed to desktop right before this named... but technically crashing shouldn't bug the zone
Old 10-28-2017, 01:23 AM   #15
Gninja

Developer

You have to kill the boss at the bottom of the tower before you can engage the one at the top or did you fight him and he reset and never changed back attackable?
Old 10-28-2017, 01:52 AM   #16
Vanyel

Auliffe Choaswind has BAD pathing and will go up to 300ft away on pull and throughout the fight.. update is a key off body drop. I cant complete the quest because he died 300ft away from a dot

solution: fix pathing and or put update in a chest Smile

more pathing info: he has problems get to and from the center of the ring.. he seems to go ALL the way to the bottom of the zone then "warp" back up.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:52 AM   #17
Vanyel

he reset when i crashed. when I crashed it was almost list the whole zone reset.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:24 AM   #18
Gninja

Developer

Ah, you must have been on the server that died around 430pst. Let me know if it happens again.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:25 AM   #19
Vanyel

Keeper of the Past Lore

Hmm. How to bug this

First fight: killed me in 10s. Said I failed to cure a curse
Second fight: I went back to it to attack it to READ the curse on me to see if it's a mechanic I missed. However, it never put it on me

Difference between fights 1 and 2: Fight 1 - I used ascensions, Fight 2 - no ascensions whatsover.

So I'm not sure what really happened. Gninja?
Old 10-28-2017, 02:28 AM   #20
Gninja

Developer

I'll take a look, its likely something from the heroic wasn't properly turned off.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:32 AM   #21
Vanyel

I figured that's what it was exactly. I was probably lucky the 2nd time LOL
Old 10-28-2017, 02:33 AM   #22
Gninja

Developer

He doesn't start casting the curse till he gets under a certain percentage, regardless he shouldn't have been casting it. I removed it for next update.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:52 AM   #23
Vanyel

Noticing a pattern on the zones you code vs Chrol Smile

Your zones (innovation and bastion)
Ascensions do VERY little damage on boss fights. Must rely on profession spells
bosses 100% drain your power a few times per fight. No big deal for an enchanter. Will be a problem for other classes
can mass pull trash and 1 shot it

Chrol's zones: (plane of disease)
Ascensions seem NOT to be capped.. but his bosses have a 5 attack dmg absorb on pull to prevent 1 shot from Asc
most bosses do not have a 100% power drain
Pulling too much trash builds up a buff and 1 shots you
Old 10-28-2017, 03:01 AM   #24
Gninja

Developer

If you find solo stuff completely power draining please bring it up and I will remove it. Our bosses use the same stuff when it comes to ascensions. Mine didn't before but that's been changed. They should all work fairly similar in a perfect world. You should not be able to mass pull trash either. there should be similar mechanics as Chrol's zones, I will check into that.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:41 AM   #25
Vanyel

I'll make sure to report the power drains. I figured that wasn't supposed to happen. I forgot which ones did it now that I've gone past them.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:43 AM   #26
Vanyel

but why limit ascensions so much? it's about a 500M cap on them.. and I have profession spells that are hitting for 4-6B. That seems oddly backwards. I can stand at 5-20M and get 2-10B Unda hits, 2-3B Blinding Flash (I'm an illusionist)

if they are only limited for the solo zones, I get that.. but they just seem a bit too bumbed down

I just hope there's no limitations on heroic/raid content ehehhe
Old 10-28-2017, 03:51 AM   #27
Vanyel

Hreidar Lynhillig
No quest drop on body or chest
Has a pathing problem where they run below you 300-500M all the time during combat
Old 10-28-2017, 04:42 AM   #28
Vanyel

A few other pathing issues in both BAstion zones.. even the trash is running and warping up to 1200ft away lol
Old 10-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #29
Vanyel

Hreidar Lynhillig update. Neither him or his "twin" drop the key or the quest update. They also fall through the floor quite a bit. Going to zz and see if this is fixed tomorrow
Old 10-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #30
Bardonio

So Aeliffe Chaoswind keeps falling through the floor while engaged no matter where you pull him to, in the solo version. Also, ran this zone 14 times this morning with no luck on the frostbite crystal that's supposed to be in his chest after you do get to loot the key from his body, if you're lucky enough to get the body to die on the floor he waits for you.