EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 02:29 AM   #1
Anatha

I exited the District of Ash adv solo and went back in. The loading screen was stuck so I exited the game completely. Now when I run the launcher, first I see that beta servers are down, then it goes away and I try to log back in and get the above message. Not sure what is going on. I checked files and they are all up to date.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:31 AM   #2
Laiina

Same here, just started 5 min ago
Old 10-28-2015, 02:40 AM   #3
kefca

yup same here for bout 30 minutes now
Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 AM   #4
Alenna

same here and some of the characters I had there are missing from the list on the character select my first toon that finally copied oaxaca, is one of them and I Did rerun the patcher twice. only toons I have are my main Alenna and her twin Alennax and dairea one of the handicapped beta buffed toons earlier I had willowbark, phipia and phipiax, oaxaca this does not bode well for me tomorrow as I was looking foreward to finally beta testing on my actual toons not the handicapped ones guess i'm playing FFXIV during the merger.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 AM   #5
Tynon

Gninja is fully aware of this because I believe I was the first to experience this and now I can no longer log into the beta due to this mishap. Now when I login and go to character screen, it shows that the Beta Server is down, once I see that is gone, I hit play and get the error again of "The server could not find your character. Please exit and rerun the patcher."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:43 AM   #6
Tynon

He said that they were having issues with the login server so I recall so I am not sure... Frown
Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 AM   #7
Laiina

Looks like part of the database is not communicating.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #9
kefca

may as well find something else to do then,took almost a week to get a toon to copy to the beta now cant even play n only 1 of the 6 toons I copied is showing yay yay yay
Old 10-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #10
kefca

moonpanther there is a thread somewhere about that I seen it just don't remember where it was
Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 AM   #11
Darln

Day broke it! lol .. all those beta copies tonight overloaded the gremlin
Old 10-28-2015, 02:49 AM   #12
sojuc

same weird stuff happening for me also...im glad is not only me....
Old 10-28-2015, 02:50 AM   #13
Phano

Same message as OP for me.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 AM   #14
Tynon

They'll get it fixed... eventually... xD
Old 10-28-2015, 02:54 AM   #15
Alenna

I do hope all my toons i copied show up by that time and the new halas homestead I had my main rent today let me in to it it stopped letting me go in after I got it set up to do some crafting.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 AM   #16
Vasciagio

Maybe it is cause I was "bound to myself" but I tried camping out and then sign back in to see if that would fix the ore not being able to be targeted or harvested only to not even be able to get back in. I don't think I am going to be able to finish these quest lines in time with my schedule coming up due to all these blocks in quest progression and hiccups. Hopefully I am almost done with the quest lines.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 AM   #17
walksalone

I was able to create a new guy.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:01 AM   #18
Phano

I was able to create a new toon, but upon trying to actually enter the game I receive the same unable to locate character message. After exiting and rebooting the toon does not show up. If I try to create again it says the name is taken.

Apparently the toon is still in there just not showing up.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:18 AM   #19
Phano

In. .... for the moment.Smile
Old 10-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #20
Tynon

Yes I am able to zone in finally, they must be fixing the mishap! BigGrin
Old 10-28-2015, 03:34 AM   #21
Anatha

I am back in as well and have the 12 maps I needed. Now to investigate the Dark Gear's presence.....no clue on this one.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #22
Jamiss

Developer

We are investigating the issue and its possible causes. If you encounter this, please keep attempting to log in and it should clear up. If you stay in game, you shouldn't notice this issue.
Jamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:04 AM   #23
kefca

I was able to get back in for a bit and now it is doing it again so I am just gona give up this beta been nothing but a hassle anyhow
Old 10-28-2015, 05:57 AM   #24
Alenna

I"m feeling the same way if it isn't this it's the constant overflow I can't get rid of no matter how many time I delete the items they keep coming back it even does it to my beta buffed chareacters so how can I quest if I never have room in my inventory for the rewards
Old 10-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #25
Anatha

I just tried to log in and am getting the same error again.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #26
Xianthia

This is me at the moment. Was zoning out of duality instance and got hung up on zoning. Now I see four characters (locked) and they go unlocked. I click to enter game, then I get the must run patcher error.

I've tried two different accounts, both experiencing this issue.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #27
Elowith

Getting it here also after a brief server down message. Is this a slow patch or is server functional?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #28
Pixilicious

Same, I was able to log in earlier this morning, then logged out for update and now cant get back in, and i only got my toons copied finally just yesterday Frown ..... so not having fun with this beta
Pixilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #29
Laiina

Encountering a few bugs even trying to get rid of all the overflow (duplicated 5x on one char). When I try to deposit all the harvested items in depot, it tells me cannot deposit more than 200 with one click - but never deposits anything. When I try to sell junk to the market guy, he pays me but does not take out of inventory, or leaves them in with a quantity of zero.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #30
Xianthia

I was on two accounts in the game after patch. One of them had the error message after getting kicked out while zoning. So server is up and running. Although, acting screwy.

I logged out of the account that was still in game and now none of them can get in Frown
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote