EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

When is the new Game Update supposed to hit Valor, Storms, etc?

There is absolutely no information about any downtime or planned updates for these servers. Our so called "Community Manager" doesn't know or does not want to tell us either.

C'mon guys, give us some information! After all there ARE still some europeans left playing this game...

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
fatherjules

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
Default

If he gave you a reply, it would probably be wrong!

fatherjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
ThyMajesty

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 83
Default

i'm not a red name, yes

but, expect servers to go down 16:00 or 17:00 (depends where your living and IF you have summertime now, its lil confusing currently) and be up again around 21-23:00, depending how smooth patching goes

this is just a guess, yes...its all i can do

(me, playing for 6 straight yrs now, formerly language server, now on us/valor, been lookin on all posts regarding this, which were made so far, filtering out all typo errors and applying it to all usual patch behaviours...so draw your own conclusions...believe it or not *shrug*)

ThyMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Kerane

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 126
Default

I have been playing the game for a long time now, first on Runnyeye and now on Splitpaw.

The rule has always been in my experience, that the Euro servers get any update, hotfix, GU, expansion, etc etc one day after the US servers.

So if the US servers get the GU today, we will prolly get it tomorrow.

And if by that time the US servers have received the first patch to fix what the GU broke, rest asured that we get it the day after as well.

__________________
Kerane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Heph

Loremaster
Heph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34
Default

US servers are down, EU ones are up. So no GU63 today for EU, I guess. And the same "too loud" communication. Silence is deafening.

Heph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Jagged Halo

Loremaster
Jagged Halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 82
Default

Kerane wrote:

I have been playing the game for a long time now, first on Runnyeye and now on Splitpaw.

The rule has always been in my experience, that the Euro servers get any update, hotfix, GU, expansion, etc etc one day after the US servers.

So if the US servers get the GU today, we will prolly get it tomorrow.

And if by that time the US servers have received the first patch to fix what the GU broke, rest asured that we get it the day after as well.

Sorry your wrong Expanstions and Gu's have always happened at the same time untill today but as SoE are selling us to some German company the have stuck 2 fingers up at us EU players once again

Jagged Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

[email protected] wrote:

US servers are down, EU ones are up. So no GU63 today for EU, I guess. And the same "too loud" communication. Silence is deafening.

I think they meant the update will happen tomorrow but couldn't find anyone who can write the correct date and time. 

All it takes is to say this :

The update will happen on 18/04/2010 at 5 am GMT. 

It's obviously too much to ask for though.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
Coilean

Loremaster
Coilean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21
Default

Guys you can´t really expect statements for Update-Day or Downtime for Eu Servers. They have so much to do with the tons of content which are promised over the last years and no one knows where this content is at the moment.. so they have no time for writing down a few words that the situation would be clearer.

greets

__________________
Coilean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
T'Pol

Loremaster
T'Pol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wolf Den
Posts: 276
Default

DamselInDistress wrote:

 All it takes is to say this :

The update will happen on 18/04/2010 at 5 am GMT. 

It's obviously too much to ask for though.

How do you now this?

They havent mentioned the localized servers in one word which i dont really understand.

I think they forgot about us already now that we have been sold to Prosiebien,Proseiben,Prosiberia,Prowhatever....

__________________
T'Pol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Guys you can´t really expect statements for Update-Day or Downtime for Eu Servers. They have so much to do with the tons of content which are promised over the last years and no one knows where this content is at the moment.. so they have no time for writing down a few words that the situation would be clearer.

greets

lol, you made me laugh SMILEY

Do you remember when SJ said the Plane of Power was finished and waiting for guilds to go raid there ?

As soon as people get there, they find that actually the whole zone is borked as in not even working. makes you wonder what on earth do they do in that office all day, because one thing is clear, they are not working and they are not playing their own game.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Piestro

Community Relations
Piestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 481
Default

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

__________________
-Piestro

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
Eirele

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 40
Default

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

I don't want an appology, I want my monthly subscription to pay for a basic level of professionalism.

Eirele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Pimmy
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Amenta
Rank: Alt's

Loremaster
Pimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Thank you for letting us believe that we'd get the GU63 on the same day and US servers.... and then fooking us with it and laughing your bum off while you correct the date.

__________________
Pikku (90 Coercer/Jeweler)

Pimmy (90 Shadow Knight/Alchemist/Adorner)

Nysse (90 Warden/Sage)

Rutto (90 Defiler)

Varjotar (90 Troubador)

Villi (Beastlord)

Splitpaw server
Pimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Endrian
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Shooting Stars
Rank: Guild Leader

Loremaster
Endrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 45
Default

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 5 AM London Time* the Splitpaw server will come down for Game Update 63: Skyshrine. Expected downtime is approximately 5 hours.

*Convert to your local time

Message edited by Piestro on 04/17/2012 08:43:13.

anyone stating to feel that if your not from usa thay relly dont care less  
Endrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

Nope, you corrected the threads for US servers and Splitpaw, there's still no mention of the other servers.

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

[email protected] wrote:

anyone stating to feel that if your not from usa thay relly dont care less  

We know they don't care. It's nothing new.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
fatherjules

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
Default

I have to hold my head in my hands and wonder why! IMO this is one of eq2 most important updates, with the hack, other mmo being launched, pss1 and a paid for content light expansion, this gu was a chance to put your head up and say we listened and learnt. Instead we get failed communications from the paid communication guy and dumped on in favour of the us servers by the tech guys.  Soe, you may listen but you dont learn, what is so hard about pushing a game wide update on such a small game? 

fatherjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
Piestro

Community Relations
Piestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 481
Default

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

Nope, you corrected the threads for US servers and Splitpaw, there's still no mention of the other servers.

I post for English language servers, since I'm somewhat limited linguisticly. All the EU servers will get updated at the same time.

__________________
-Piestro

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #19
Piestro

Community Relations
Piestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 481
Default

[email protected] wrote:

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 5 AM London Time* the Splitpaw server will come down for Game Update 63: Skyshrine. Expected downtime is approximately 5 hours.

*Convert to your local time

Message edited by Piestro on 04/17/2012 08:43:13.

anyone stating to feel that if your not from usa thay relly dont care less  

Ironically part of the reason I made this mistake was the opposite reason, in that I was concerned we hadn't gotten the time out yet and in my rush to do so I made a regretable error. 

__________________
-Piestro

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

Piestro wrote:

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

Nope, you corrected the threads for US servers and Splitpaw, there's still no mention of the other servers.

I post for English language servers, since I'm somewhat limited linguisticly. All the EU servers will get updated at the same time.

Thanks, that's all we wanted to hear.

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Cronqar

Loremaster
Cronqar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 582
Default

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

Nope, you corrected the threads for US servers and Splitpaw, there's still no mention of the other servers.

I post for English language servers, since I'm somewhat limited linguisticly. All the EU servers will get updated at the same time.

Thanks, that's all we wanted to hear.

exactly!

And it has absolutely nothing to do with linguistic limitations. Almost everyone in the non-english speaking EU will be capable of understanding a simple sentence if you include their servername. About the time conversion I am with you. Everyone will screw that up at one point or another

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 5 AM London Time* the Splitpaw, VALOR and STORMS server will come down for Game Update 63: Skyshrine. Expected downtime is approximately 5 hours.

*Convert to your local time

Cronqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #22
tkia

Tester
tkia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 577
Default

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Luhai wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Corrected date is posted, sorry for the confusion.

Nope, you corrected the threads for US servers and Splitpaw, there's still no mention of the other servers.

I post for English language servers, since I'm somewhat limited linguisticly. All the EU servers will get updated at the same time.

Thanks, that's all we wanted to hear.

No it isn't.  Some of us would actually like an explanation as to why the euro servers are no longer getting GUs at the same time as the US servers.  Good luck with getting a world discovery in europe this time around SMILEY

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.