EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Drumstix

Loremaster

Shining example of how bad the items are out of Plane of War versus Drunder HM:

This drops from Berik Bloodfist.

Why does almost every item in this zone have the same proc? (Bolstering Roar/Major Bolstering Roar)

If this zone is dropping the wrong set of gear (ie what was supposed to be Easy mode PoW), the gear needs to be retroactively fixed for these useless items our guild is currently getting.

The items in this zone obviously need to all be looked at and actually adjusted with some thought put into them.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5732625 Keep the posts constructive please.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Banditman

Loremaster

That item simply can't be right.  It just can't.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Yimway

Loremaster

Be careful, the solution is probably moving the boss to the front door.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Geothe

Loremaster

Wow,

Just wow.

Absolutely pathetic.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Chronus1

Loremaster

That thing... I wouldn't even put it on an alt.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
Banditman

Loremaster

Chronus1 wrote:

That thing... I wouldn't even put it on an alt.

That would make you my best friend.  Because I would, and your lack of understanding would definitely get me that weapon sooner.

The problem isn't that the weapon is "bad", it's actually the basis for a really nice weapon.

It is low on crit chance for where it drops.  Should probably be up around 75+ crit chance.  Crit Bonus and Potency are also very low for where it drops.

If that item were dropping in DoV release HM, or even Drunder EM, no one would think twice.

I am kinda curious how much MA that 286 mod would convert to.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
slippery

Loremaster

The mod converts to 31.6 MA (the sword is sitting in my bags in case of not terrible). So still absolutely terrible compared to Drunder weapons.

Want to see another good one? This is great. Remember, for this named, especially as a tank, you need 430 crit chance (that isn't a typo) and 340 crit mit.

From left to right, Kael HM, Drunder HM, Named in Plane of War

Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
1rocketjones

Loremaster

That is definetely wrong. Developers should read this thread. I assume you petitioned and /bugged those.

Yeah, it's time to be urinated off.

1rocketjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Enderbsd

Loremaster

Can we get any feedback on this please as well as

Drunder drops being completely skewed in favor of scouts / tanks.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=506761

Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Banditman

Loremaster

I swear, it looks to me like those drops were intended to be the PoW EM drops.  If you look at it through that lens, the drops *do* look right.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Yimway

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

I swear, it looks to me like those drops were intended to be the PoW EM drops.  If you look at it through that lens, the drops *do* look right.

Yeah, for their sake, I hope thats what happened.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Mohee

Lord

They to busy working on Skyshrine and other new loot to care about big issues like this

: (

sad days

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Avacii
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Loremaster

Anyone else remember that after the Plane of War was released on August 25th 2011 (7 months ago)  that shortly afterwards it was temporarily removed from the game to allow the development team to unsure they released a complete and polished raid zone. Which was delightfully ironic given how broken the scripts in Drunder Challenge Mode were.

- Plane of War releasedGame Update Notes Aug 25th 2011: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=505438  

- Plane of War Released againGame Update Notes Sep 15th 2011: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=506889 

I guess they worked really hard during that time, and subsequently, to ensure everything was perfect for their paying customers given the loot found in there so far is pretty much a downgrade. Seriously, the development team should either step up or step down because their publicly displayed incompetence is helping to kill this game.

Will the development try and make amends with customers by changing the loot in Plane of War to be commensurate with its level?

Avacii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #15
slippery

Loremaster

Don't worry, on test they upgraded my pants. Now they are basically identical to Drunder HM... They only drop from a named that needs 40 more Crit Mit, 120 more Crit Chance, killing all 3 Zeks, the door named, and hours worth of trash. So now they are equal to my pants I can get in 30 minutes in Vallons.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

jesus christ. what is the point of doing these zones? 

broken itemization is probably the biggest problem in game right now. 

Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Avacii
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Loremaster

I see the Test Patch notes say "Increased values of defensive stats on POW tank gear."

I guess this means we have to first of all discover just how broken an item is, post about it, then wait for them to fix it. Can someone buy SOE a copy "Customer Retention for Dummies" and highlight the chapter regarding ensuring all releases are of sufficient quality to keep customers.

Might have also made a favourable impression if a Red Name had posted in this thread :p

Avacii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Leovinus

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised, but if you look at what Zam has for the original intended easymode of the zone, that modes version of the sword in question is a crappy legendary.  So maybe the whole sequence was simply started at the wrong "tier".

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Drumstix

Loremaster

It's almost like that part of the original post where I said:

If this zone is dropping the wrong set of gear (ie what was supposed to be Easy mode PoW)...

But yes, it is a big disappointment spending time on the "hardest zone in game" right now just to be let down by the items.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
Irgun

Loremaster

Problem is: as long as PoW-stuff doesnt offer red adorns on weap/belt/charm/cloak plus have too low blue stats they are a step back if you take them.

Just gaining an extra 300hp wont solve the problem, especially if you give up things like +8,4ability reuse or 55MA.....

First suggestion: boost/add/adjust blue values so you dont actually take a step back when gearing in PoW

Second suggestion: add red adorns, I know someone said they are intended to die, but why do you want to remove a working and versatile mechanik?

Third suggestion: Major bolstering roar etc is nice to have, but since they dont stack and 90% of stuff has the same procs on them, rework those. You can take a look on TSO/Avatar-procs which were unique and take those with adjusted numbers. ~

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They heard the feedback on this, so rather than fixing itemizaiton, they're just turning GU63 into a gear reset.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

They heard the feedback on this, so rather than fixing itemizaiton, they're just turning GU63 into a gear reset.

with not enough content on its own to support it.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Banditman

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

with not enough content on its own to support it.

Who the heck are you to point out obvious oversights?  SMILEY

Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Does anyone know how the heroic drops in GU63 stack up against the current PoW raid loot? 

Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #25
Kunaak

Loremaster

I am surprised that no ones brought up the fact that atleast half the gear in there has the exact same proc on it.

greater bolstering roar.

its on everthing, mage, scout, healer, tank gear. now if people actually wear this gear, not only will a single person have 3-4 of the exact same proc on multiple items - but times that by 6, cause the whole group would be in the same situation, and all the sudden you start looking at the issue of a whole raid force with the exact same proc on tons of items - unless they simply dont use PoW gear.

plane of war needs to seriously be looked at, and reitemized for a great deal more variety, otherwise, theres gonna be a ton of gear in there, that people simply cant realistically use without gimping thier toon.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #26
Banditman

Loremaster

Lack of response to ANY itemization issues over the last six months leads me to conclude that no one at SOE gives a flying rabbits tail what we think.  We'll get what they want us to have and if we don't like it we can go somewhere else.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
slippery

Loremaster

Got my third item with Major Bolstering Roar last night, a proc that doesn't stack. Can I please just have my red adorns back?

Also, you upgraded my pants today (along with all Fighter gear) yet all the other gear in the zone is still complete garbage. I haven't even attuned the 1h I looted because it is just complete trash.

Thanks for the pants though. I'm glad Plane of War is so important to the dev team that the player base should do it so they can upgrade green stats... But hey, I'm sure we'll be in Skyshrine next month and Plane of War will be completely and utterly useless and forever unused, while Drunder never gets itemization fixed and falls by the wayside. What a great way to tell your players that you don't care about the game. Cool story.

Edit: I like how you can even make the regular mitigation on the item better.

Edit 2: Did I mention Mythicals will go forever undiscovered?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
Raknid

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

Got my third item with Major Bolstering Roar last night, a proc that doesn't stack. Can I please just have my red adorns back?

Also, you upgraded my pants today (along with all Fighter gear) yet all the other gear in the zone is still complete garbage. I haven't even attuned the 1h I looted because it is just complete trash.

Thanks for the pants though. I'm glad Plane of War is so important to the dev team that the player base should do it so they can upgrade green stats... But hey, I'm sure we'll be in Skyshrine next month and Plane of War will be completely and utterly useless and forever unused, while Drunder never gets itemization fixed and falls by the wayside. What a great way to tell your players that you don't care about the game. Cool story.

Edit: I like how you can even make the regular mitigation on the item better.

Edit 2: Did I mention Mythicals will go forever undiscovered?

Have no fear Slip, as soon as they put the finishing touches on that guild heraldry backpack I expect they will get right on this.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
Kreton

Loremaster

Coldwind King Crab itemization takes priority here.  Way too important to fix the loot table of an Antonica mob.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
Vieray

Loremaster

Kreton wrote:

Coldwind King Crab itemization takes priority here.  Way too important to fix the loot table of an Antonica mob.

I know this is a jab but I think a lot of the problem is they decided to use that crappy item fixer thingy which proceded to break pretty much every item at every level leaving them far more to fix then just raid items...of course I don't think they have been doing much to fix the lower level items either.

Vieray is offline   Reply With Quote