EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Kazimer

Loremaster

Ok, I need some knowledge here.....

Dark Infestation.  I've been using it for several levels now, but have seen some stuff that makes me not use it most of the time...

I put the dot on and cast spells as usual.....woot Infestation procs and here comes my broodlings.......broodlings sitting at my feet.....broodlings scratching their butts......[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] broodlings, the heroic x2 mob is pretty much dead!   Broodlings fly to target, yay!  ....wait....[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]...it proc'd again and the first ones that i've been WAITING on to get to the mob dissapeared and a new set spawned!  NOT AGAIN!   comon broodlings.....get off your butts.....mod dead.

on top of this, it looks like the dot stops working when the broodlings spawn. 

Am I doing something wrong?
Kazimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Xede

Loremaster

it's been like that for awhile minus the dot not going off. It does continue to tick even after the broodlings are spawned...you just have to check your maintained window to make sure its still ticking cause the broodlings can spawn at anytime the spell is on and will continue to be spawned until their timer runs out.
Xede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
graxnip

Mercenary

when the broodlings spawn i  run up to the mob if I am out of range- smack it a few times and the broodlings will follow me and take the hint.only other thing to do is to stay within melee range the whole fight, I usually hang in back like a scout anyway.  btw - I thought I read that that was fixed, the part where the spawn at your feet and never engage the mob?
Clan Grumblebelly :: Runnyeye
graxnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
Dajuuk

Loremaster

graxnip wrote:

btw - I thought I read that that was fixed, the part where the spawn at your feet and never engage the mob?

Yes the never engage part is fixed.   However, they still do the spawn at your feet and hop pause, hop pause, their way to the mob.   And sometimes if your particularly lucky they almost get there before they proc again and are again polishing your boots for you.  SMILEY    Its not that big a deal though.   In situations where you won't get nuked by an AoE, you can close up to the mob a bit and they will be able to get into the fight alot quicker and in those AOE situations they would just get killed by the AOE anyway. 

Dajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
fxt

Loremaster

Yeah they spawn....but like someone said they take their time to get to the mob.By the time they get there they tick once if I'm lucky and by then the mob is deed.
fxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Kazimer

Loremaster

ugh...that is just annoying.  why can't they just fly their butts there immediately and do their thing?  like a summoners minions spells....

I've had them spawn probably 200 times now and only seen damage from them....twice??

silly if you ask me...just delete them and make it proc a mana steal or something else that's useful

Kazimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
Xarov

Simply put SoE needs to convert them into just swarm pets period, it will help our dps alot as well ( just gotta becareful not to bring em out on a big group encounter lol because you will prolly die )
Xarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #8
Mastire

Loremaster

Broodlings are eth most powerful swarm pet in the game. They tick for 300-350 each hitting all AE targets arround them. If they were easy to spawn that spell would be way over powered.  They are extremly usefull on raids when the mobs don't have a rear AE. Then all you have to do is stay in melee range and play with your broodlings. Having tehm respawn them just extends the timer they are up. Some fights they do 30%+ of my DPS.

Only thing is watch out for doing to much DPS, alot of times If I'm not carful I will pull agro when they are out.
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
Kytraan

Loremaster

This is an interesting, if frustrating spell. I wish I understood how it works better. I have tried. I setup the broodlings to spawn with a certain pet name and then used a DPS parser that left a window up over the game so I could see the dps they generated each fight. Visually they did not appear to move very far when they spawned. I also noted at one point it looked like they were resetting and returning to me. The reset included a pet name change before I specifically set the /petname. This was after they supposedly fixed it. When I did use the DPS parser I was surprised to see that they were actually doing damage even though they were next to me. My assumption now is that the mob was within their AoE range. So, here are the questions I have: What is the range of the broodlings AoE? (not the range needed to cast the spell). Also, is there a trick to spawning these things or is it completely random?I don’t often use out of encounter AoE (which these definitely are) for obvious reasons, but it can have its uses.
Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #10
enrique_to

Broodling are great...I saw them making a real mess to grouped mobs. But the spawn and move a bit slow. To make them really eficient you must be too close to MT, and that's not a good idea. I love Dark Infestation Spell. Even without Broodlings it will be a great spell. I only hope it has a lesser recast time SMILEY It's one of our better DoT spells. Broodling are dangerous, can cause too bad adds, and do not do directly to the mob. But when they start to do their job (a bit late, that's true SMILEY) they do a lot of damage SMILEY

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote