EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
Kiintac

Loremaster

Could someone tell me if the pet skill we receive at 48 is any good and worth upgrading?  I forget the name atm.
Thanks
Kiintac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
enrique_to

It's name is Netheros...

It could be nice to solo some non arrow up mobs. If employed with care it can tank you these kind of mobs. But It's not one of the most usefull spells to upgrade. There are a lot of better spells.

It can be used as another DoT spell. But belive me.It's not our best spell. I employ it to tank me some few powerfull mobs. That's all. And I should take care or the pet i'll loose agroo and Mobs will be hard to be rooted.

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
Eudar

Loremaster

Agree with the above poster

It is also quite fun to pull out to impress people...:smileysurprised:

Eudar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Koldar

Updating this spell I would say is not a priority as at adept 1 it is still useful. However it is good to try to get every spell Adept 3 or better. Netherous Is not just a fluf spell after being casted it will attack your target for its duration and will add DPS as you run your spell casting cycle. It adds DPS as you wait for other spells to refresh and during long cast times.

Also it can be used quite effectively to get mobs to gather together if they are a bit spread out so you can AOE all encounter targets.

When looking at Netherous you should not consider it a pet to tank for you.  It does not have near enough durability to stand toe to toe with even much lower conned mobs. It also can not hope to hold agro from you (It takes even an exceptional player a good amount of work to control agro). In addition we have no way to heal him.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
hoosierdaddy

Loremaster

Think of Netheros, and the Scourge and Pyre lines as the equivalent to melee auto-attack. It keeps your dps steady while waiting for other spells to refresh. If you get these spells--and Dark Infestation--to at least adept 3, you will see a significant improvement in parsers. At Master 1, Netherlord does 300-500+ dmg. Definitely worth casting imho.

-Kai

"The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water. Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side. It's not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse. What the human race needs is a lot more streakers." -- Banksy
hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #6
Fat T

Loremaster

I ended up getting absolution master 1 so I respected to get Netherlord M2.  I can't complain except they can't take AE's...  :smileyindifferent:
Oasis
Fat T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
enrique_to

I used Netheros and Now I uses Netherlord to tank me mobs SMILEYYou must undestand that I can only employ it to tank me green or blue arrow down mobs (or at least non arrow up mobs) It's keep bad agroo so you must hold yourselft. Cast Dark infestation, Contusive, War Pyre and Dark emanation line spell (all our DoT spell except Devastation and of course Contusive to keep away agroo). And of course you must stay alert If netherlord takes too much damage, casting Pacifies or stuning the mob if needed. Sometimes Netherlord heals himseft SMILEY It's a nice tank, but too Limited.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Kytraan

Loremaster

Its worth noting that this spell does crushing damage rather than poison/disease. On that basis consider this a nice crushing DoT. The higher you upgrade the spell the more damage you get from it. Yea, it's not a tank and cant take an AoE very well.
Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
DwarvesR

General

I consider it "just another DoT" -- along the lines of my necro's swarm pets.  When upgraded it deals decent damage, but no way can it keep aggro off me, so I don't bother trying to let it tank.  Generally I only pull it out vs ^^^ mobs in a group, otherwise it dies fast and wastes the dps it could have done for the power I used when I cast it.  In a group though, the tank has aggro, and it simply adds dps.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Jonna - 78 Inquisitor, Keodan - 77 Fury, Elynna - 90 Coercer, Clarisse - 90 ShadowKnight, Gotter - 90 Warlock, Kyeda - 66 Necromancer, Spirrita - 66 Defiler, Darlana - 75 Dirge, Meylota - 54 Warden, Guuk - 60 Monk, Briarra - 55 Brigand, Dactylus - 51 Mystic
DwarvesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
enrique_to

That's rigth. Netheros and Netherlord are useless versus Heroics mobs if you are soloing. then you must employ the root tactic.But versus a weak mob. Netheros can be able to tank it for you without being worried about rooting it. I have sometimes employed netheros and some DoT spells and just start havesting  till netheros finished the mob. Of course you must be carefull with agroo (casting contusion is important) and Stay alert cause netheros is a weak pet. So It dies with ease. But It's just another strategy you can use. That's all.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 AM   #11
Araxes

Loremaster

I recently obtained the Master I version of Netherlord and it does a good amount of damage over time.  I am not certain but the Netherlord pet may also cast debuffs vs. poison.  Not sure but I wonder.  Would be nice if the spell description would include exactly its effects.

Message Edited by Vicontessa on 05-10-2006 03:51 PM

Old 05-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
enrique_to

/agree SMILEY

Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #13
Ugho

Loremaster

I have been using Netherlord and checking the damage.  I currently have Adept I and am L70.

I have been fighting L66 and L67 solo mobs for this test.

Each time my pet does about 3500ish pts of damage for it's full duration.

Pretty soon I'm going to upgrade this to Master I and re-run those tests and let you all know.

Ugho
Level 79 Warlock, Level 80 Sage
Mesmasher
L76 Berzerker, L80 Armorer
Ugho is offline   Reply With Quote