EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

Tonight I got aITEM 1539439846 -691556995:Caragoth, Hammer of the Blight-Priests/a and then I went to my guild hall after raid and for about 40 minutes straight chain casted to see what the icon for the Deception of War buff was, and to my surprize, I never saw it proc even once. I was watching my character screen, and never saw my potency jump by more than amount from the other proc even once.

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

Try being in combat, with a target.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Try being in combat, with a target.

Thanks, I got it to proc, but it still seems broken, I'll explain.

The proc says it is supposed to work on both "on hit" and "on a spell cast", it currently only seems to work at all with "on hit" right now, and either it should be fixed, or have the proc description changed.

EDIT: Why this is important, this means unlike other items with the "on a spell cast" trigger, this one does not work on heals.

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Hennyo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Try being in combat, with a target.

Thanks, I got it to proc, but it still seems broken, I'll explain.

The proc says it is supposed to work on both "on hit" and "on a spell cast", it currently only seems to work at all with "on hit" right now, and either it should be fixed, or have the proc description changed.

EDIT: Why this is important, this means unlike other items with the "on a spell cast" trigger, this one does not work on heals.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. It should probably use on any hit and on cast beneficial spell. 

Will try to get it adjusted ASAP.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Hennyo wrote:

EDIT: Why this is important, this means unlike other items with the "on a spell cast" trigger, this one does not work on heals.

It procs fine on nondamaging debuffs.  The proc itself does damage to the target, so the simple reason it wont proc on beneficial is because that would make no sense.  Perhaps the proc should just change to add a special nondamaging proc for beneficial casts.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

It's got a benificial buff on healing spell already. It can't do the damage proc on a healing spell because the damage proc is on the target of your spell cast. Well.. unless you really don't like your tank and want to hit him/her with the damage proc SMILEY

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Mermut wrote:

It's got a benificial buff on healing spell already.

That's a completely seperate proc, Prophetic Shield.  The post is about adding a beneficial proc to Deception of War since on spell cast can't proc on beneficial casts because of the damage attached to it.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Kreton wrote:

Mermut wrote:

It's got a benificial buff on healing spell already.

That's a completely seperate proc, Prophetic Shield.  The post is about adding a beneficial proc to Deception of War since on spell cast can't proc on beneficial casts because of the damage attached to it.

I understand.. I'm just suggesting that since there is already a proc on a heal, it doesn't really make sense to add a second proc on heal...

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Mermut wrote:

Kreton wrote:

Mermut wrote:

It's got a benificial buff on healing spell already.

That's a completely seperate proc, Prophetic Shield.  The post is about adding a beneficial proc to Deception of War since on spell cast can't proc on beneficial casts because of the damage attached to it.

I understand.. I'm just suggesting that since there is already a proc on a heal, it doesn't really make sense to add a second proc on heal...

Why does it not make sense?  There are other priest 2 handers with seperate procs both with "on heal" triggers.  Not to mention there are many other 2 handers with 2 seperate procs for "on hit".

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Kreton wrote:

Mermut wrote:

Kreton wrote:

Mermut wrote:

It's got a benificial buff on healing spell already.

That's a completely seperate proc, Prophetic Shield.  The post is about adding a beneficial proc to Deception of War since on spell cast can't proc on beneficial casts because of the damage attached to it.

I understand.. I'm just suggesting that since there is already a proc on a heal, it doesn't really make sense to add a second proc on heal...

Why does it not make sense?  There are other priest 2 handers with seperate procs both with "on heal" triggers.  Not to mention there are many other 2 handers with 2 seperate procs for "on hit".

Prophetic Shield is a seprate effect. Currently it is flagged as On Cast Heal. I've changed that to On Cast Beneficial Spell.

Deception of War is now On Any Hit and On Cast Beneficial spell. I increased the proc chance a bit as well. Will have the change in for Tuesday if possible.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

Thanks a ton Kander.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Well the beneficial proc of Deception of War still has the "damage on target" part on it, so it still wont proc on beneficial spells.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

It is procing for me fine. How are you going about testing it?

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Spam casting every beneficial/healing spell I have and the only proc that ever comes up is Prophetic Shield, which is the only time my potency increases.  I can cast a few attacks on something and easily see deception but it is not proc'ing at all off beneficial spell I cast.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

And just to make sure, stripped all my gear, in combat with an epic test dummy and another group member and Deception of War still only procs from attacks and not any beneficial spells.  Prophetic Shield is proc'ing fine on beneficial but not Deception of War.  No potency or power replenish increase at all from it on benficial.  Now on attacks it is working as expected.  This is also on a PVE server, so maybe it works different on PVP since the actual proc would do damage to players if it proc'd on beneficial.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

Yeah I just was testing it myself as well, still doesn't proc on benefical at all. With a target, without a target, in combat or out of combat, it doesn't proc at all with heals. It does still proc from combat arts and spells and such like it should tho.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Hennyo wrote:

Yeah I just was testing it myself as well, still doesn't proc on benefical at all. With a target, without a target, in combat or out of combat, it doesn't proc at all with heals. It does still proc from combat arts and spells and such like it should tho.

Unfortunately, Deception of War being a hostile spell, it will only know who to target on hostile actions. After looking at it further, this proc is only going to proc on a hostile trigger. 

Sorry to get your hopes up, however the other proc works on Beneficial spells. 

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

Kander wrote:

Hennyo wrote:

Yeah I just was testing it myself as well, still doesn't proc on benefical at all. With a target, without a target, in combat or out of combat, it doesn't proc at all with heals. It does still proc from combat arts and spells and such like it should tho.

Unfortunately, Deception of War being a hostile spell, it will only know who to target on hostile actions. After looking at it further, this proc is only going to proc on a hostile trigger. 

Sorry to get your hopes up, however the other proc works on Beneficial spells. 

Yeah no problem then, just my like my original post said, just change the proc description to not make it look like it includes beneficial casts.

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
Kreton

Loremaster
Kreton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 222
Default

The proc needs to then be changed so it works again on nondamaging debuffs, which is what it did when it was "on spell cast".  Now it only procs on damage attacks.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
Hennyo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 371
Default

Kreton wrote:

The proc needs to then be changed so it works again on nondamaging debuffs, which is what it did when it was "on spell cast".  Now it only procs on damage attacks.

I won't disagree with this, my intention was to never nerf this item, what the proc should say is "on hit" and "hostile spell cast" which includes nondamaging debuffs.

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.