EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #31
Felshades

Loremaster

Anestacia wrote:

Skeez1e wrote:

I ran Pools and Ascent with alts (no Ry'Gorr on them) today - didn't feel any different. 

Were you wearing any crit mit gear at all?  Those zones have always required lowest of the crit mit anyway so even othmir/PQ is probably enough to negate the effects.

You don't even need that if the rest of the group is decent.

You can zone in as early as 85. Which I've done on my mystic, illusionist, warlock and dirge.

In fact, Sakiri's first velious instance was Shadowed Corridors. I get invited to group right after a PQ and Im like ok whats up? "we're going to tofs:SC" and they zone me in. "Aren't I too little for this still?" "Nope" and we finished it. Two healed it, but both healers were undergeared. I was in SF quest gear and the other one in SF quest gear, but being 90.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #32
Sestra
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Reckoning

Loremaster

Well when you look for a group there is no way for them to tell how good said player is they only say 200 cm+ for say drunder. Ry`gorr gear doesn't give 200 cm. i've played this game since launch, even raided during some expansions. in fact, i can probably say  i know the ins and outs of my classes better then even some hardcore's. They needn't really remove crit mit all together from heroic zones but adjust item balance a bit so people can actually get gear to do them.

Sestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #33
ZUES

Loremaster

I got hit SOOOOO hard that this happened...

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #34
Amanathia

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Nerfing content happens sure, totally removing game mechanics?  That usually doesn't.  Crit Mit was reitemized gamewide and then removed, kind of silly.

They should've just rescaled the packages so that the zones were doable in gear you could obtain from the progression.

Seriously.  Crit mit is kind of silly, and it's not an issue for me on my main cuz I have EM raid gear, but still weird.

Imho, it shuld be like this:

1.  Quest gear gives you enough crit mit for tower of frozen shadow, which then gears you up enough that ...

2.  With that and PQ gear you have enough crit mit for Velks zones, you get a few upgrades there OR ALTERNATIVELY, GEM FOR CRIT MIT to bypass some content if you choose, or to compensate for unlucky drops...

3.  That gets you to Kael, which then gives you enough crit mit for drunder and EOW.  But you might be able to skip a few thigns here and there if you gem for it.

Really crit mit isnt a bad mechanic, it was just the gear progression that is an issue.

Amanathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
Felshades

Loremaster

Amanathia wrote:

Gaige wrote:

Nerfing content happens sure, totally removing game mechanics?  That usually doesn't.  Crit Mit was reitemized gamewide and then removed, kind of silly.

They should've just rescaled the packages so that the zones were doable in gear you could obtain from the progression.

Seriously.  Crit mit is kind of silly, and it's not an issue for me on my main cuz I have EM raid gear, but still weird.

Imho, it shuld be like this:

1.  Quest gear gives you enough crit mit for tower of frozen shadow, which then gears you up enough that ...

2.  With that and PQ gear you have enough crit mit for Velks zones, you get a few upgrades there OR ALTERNATIVELY, GEM FOR CRIT MIT to bypass some content if you choose, or to compensate for unlucky drops...

3.  That gets you to Kael, which then gives you enough crit mit for drunder and EOW.  But you might be able to skip a few thigns here and there if you gem for it.

Really crit mit isnt a bad mechanic, it was just the gear progression that is an issue.

This IS how it worked.

Gear progression was fine. The problem I see is that the game does not tell you which dungeons you should be going to and in what order at all. There is nothing telling you that Spire is harder than Ascent, or that Haunt is harder than Shadowed Corridors. Nothing at all.

So essentially you get people that just hit 90, hear there's awesome gear in X zone, and they want to do it. In my case, its always undergeared people wanting to do ToRZ for the breastplate.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #36
Davngr1

Loremaster

the problem is that herroic content has never been part of raid proggression and now it is.   it's a terrible change, having to join a raid force to run 6 man content goes against everything this game is suppose to be imo.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #37
Felshades

Loremaster

Davngr1 wrote:

the problem is that herroic content has never been part of raid proggression and now it is.   it's a terrible change, having to join a raid force to run 6 man content goes against everything this game is suppose to be imo.

You missed TSO didn't you?

There were a few dungeons in there that if you didn't have raid gear, you weren't clearing them.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #38
Amanathia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This IS how it worked.

Gear progression was fine. The problem I see is that the game does not tell you which dungeons you should be going to and in what order at all. There is nothing telling you that Spire is harder than Ascent, or that Haunt is harder than Shadowed Corridors. Nothing at all.

So essentially you get people that just hit 90, hear there's awesome gear in X zone, and they want to do it. In my case, its always undergeared people wanting to do ToRZ for the breastplate.

Sort of (as to how it worked).  Agree on progression (telling you where to go, etc).  There's more to it than just crit mit, too, honestly.

In reality:  TOFS gear is usually worse than PQ so people just take non-armor pieces.  Ascent/Spire/Pools doesn't get your CM up very much either, but those zones are still doable just fine...  Still, at this point I think we're fine.  Then go to kael, okay, no worries there either imho.  (though in reality SOE nerfed them).  But then from there to drunder...uhhh...hmmm....Try clearing drunder instances with no raid gear.  While possible, it would be an extremely awful experience and some fights would require a really tweaked group makeup.

Instead of them removing crit mit from the starting instances though (which is only going to make the issue worse when people don't gear for it at all and then go try to do drunder), we need a nice smooth logical progression and then like you said, something that makes it clear where people should try to go.

Then again, loot is just so screwy.  Risk vs. reward is all out of whack.  Also, I think ry'gorr gear needs a bit of a boost (ie, caster gear should have the casting speed on it that the PQ gear has!)  Tserinna x2 robe should be better than it is, etc.  Gear from TOFS shouldn't be worse than PQ gear, or at best a side grade.

This change is just going to make an already bizzaro difficulty gap between say, Spire, and Drunder, even wider.  But instead of fixing gear progression I'm sure what will happen is we'll get a nerf to the drunder zone difficulty, blah. SMILEY

Amanathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #39
Felshades

Loremaster

Amanathia wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This IS how it worked.

Sort of (as to how it worked).  Agree on progression (telling you where to go, etc).  There's more to it than just crit mit, too, honestly.

In reality:  TOFS gear is usually worse than PQ so people just take non-armor pieces.  Ascent/Spire/Pools doesn't get your CM up very much either, but those zones are still doable just fine...  Still, at this point I think we're fine.  Then go to kael, okay, no worries there either imho.  (though in reality SOE nerfed them).  But then from there to drunder...uhhh...hmmm....Try clearing drunder instances with no raid gear.  While possible, it would be an extremely awful experience and some fights would require a really tweaked group makeup.

Instead of them removing crit mit from the starting instances though (which is only going to make the issue worse when people don't gear for it at all and then go try to do drunder), we need a nice smooth logical progression and then like you said, something that makes it clear where people should try to go.

Then again, loot is just so screwy.  Risk vs. reward is all out of whack.  Also, I think ry'gorr gear needs a bit of a boost (ie, caster gear should have the casting speed on it that the PQ gear has!)  Tserinna x2 robe should be better than it is, etc.  Gear from TOFS shouldn't be worse than PQ gear, or at best a side grade.

This change is just going to make an already bizzaro difficulty gap between say, Spire, and Drunder, even wider.  But instead of fixing gear progression I'm sure what will happen is we'll get a nerf to the drunder zone difficulty, blah.

To be fair, most of the bosses in ToFS drops appearance gear it seems.

They didn't remove crit mit from ToRZ or ToS. That'll be interesting.

Also, I'd kill to try Drunder instances. Course, becuase most of my gear is Ry'Gorr and Kael stuff, I'm not geared enough to do Drunder. Gotta have that EM stuff so the drops aren't an upgrade.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #40
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

You missed TSO didn't you?

There were a few dungeons in there that if you didn't have raid gear, you weren't clearing them.

well that's different..

those dungons were hard but eventally strats became known and people geard their self up to the point that they could clear them.  towards the end of TSO those zones were cleard by pugs with moderate effort.

now, these 6 man zones are conciderd RAID/24 man proggression.   that is what suxx about this and i really don't know who thought this was a good idea but it's really not.     casual will be confused by the legendary gear tags and 6 man zones and not understand that those zones are to come after RAID/24 man easy mode zones in proggression.  

spliting the raid force into 4 groups is lame.    further it makes having the right classes even more of a pain because the raid force will NEED 4 tanks and maybe 8 healers depending on how hard the zone is.   not to mention 4 dirges and 4 chanters still.    cos i know if i'm tanking a hard zone, i don't want a troub, i want a dirge.  the stoneskin,accuracy,skills,hate are leaps and bounds ahead of anything a troub offers.  

in short this is du.mb and you should really just nerf that gear down to 6 man caliber, maybe leave one or two good items and call it a day.    lame idea is lame.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #41
Felshades

Loremaster

So wait, you want to be able to get in ry'gorr gear and clear EoW that drops gear on par with some raid gear?

How about.. go raid. Or ask them to put in easier instances for you to get more appropriate gear from instead of whining the ones like EoW are too hard?

Ugh. NM. There's always going to be people complaining. Always.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #42
Anestacia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So wait, you want to be able to get in ry'gorr gear and clear EoW that drops gear on par with some raid gear?

How about.. go raid. Or ask them to put in easier instances for you to get more appropriate gear from instead of whining the ones like EoW are too hard?

How about.. not telling people what to do with their free time?  Why should one HAVE to raid in order to see GROUP content.  EoW should be doable with apropriate Heroic gear and should NOT require raid gear.  Raiders get challenge mode, let non raiders have something too.  The fact that the gear in EoW is too good is a whole other subject but still does not change the fact that there should be a clear and precise progression line for gear.  No one's saying they want to jump into EoW with PQ gear.  The problem is not exactly crit mit but the whole itemization of DOV. 

I've seen it said several times, oh EoW can be done in Ry'gor.  Yes, a DPS or maybe a healer can be carried through, but I would love to see an entire group of Ry'gor only/instance jewelry geared players do the EM mode of EoW or even Drunder for that matter.  Ry'gor should allow you to do the Drunder zones decently enough to then gear up with the Drunder gear, then be ready for EoW.  Thats how it should work and its not that way.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #43
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

excuse me but who is this post directed at?

because if it's in response to my post then your reading comprehension is poor to nil.

casuals have no way to get the gear needed to run these zones and raiders don't want to kill heroic content for the sake of progression, period.  

if you don't know that then you have not been playing this game very long and no this is not a good change.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #44
circusgirl

Loremaster

I'm not a fan of this because it creates a sudden jump in requirements for the harder raid zones.  I would be perfectly okay with nerfing the crit mit that's needed for these zones--even if it meens nerfing them HARD, so long as we maintain some semblence of progression.  If you only want to give ToFS mobs 10 crit bonus, that's fine...but give them /something/.  This current setup basically means that a large portion of your playerbase is going to be unprepared for and uneducated about a very important mechanic.

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #45
Felshades

Loremaster

Davngr1 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

because if it's in response to my post then your reading comprehension is poor to nil.

casuals have no way to get the gear needed to run these zones and raiders don't want to kill heroic content for the sake of progression, period.  

if you don't know that then you have not been playing this game very long and no this is not a good change.

I've been playing the game longer than you have I bet. And there is nothing wrong with needing raid gear to get into zones that give... raid gear level items.

Drunder, you do not need raid gear for. If you think you do, you're running with the wrong group.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #46
Crismorn

Loremaster

Good change, leave kiddie zones as no crit mit and make EM raids require small amounts of crit mit, hard heroic zones require more than EM raids and finally HM raids require the most Crit mit.

Well done!

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #47
Kruschev2086

Lord

This xpack is not grab and go friendly. If you do not want to build a proper group for a zone, then you best overpower the zone. Chanter, Bard, Hate Xfer. If you don't have the setup, then it will be painful.  So get your gear in line.  Raiders camp the forums and comment on both sides of the game.  Casuals rarely contribute to the problems raiders have.  Remember those threads about how we have to adorn pure Crit mit to take on content?  Guess what.  It went unheard.  Now here is the bed.  If you want to grab and go with whatever, then guess what. You can't do the content when it is appropriate. On the note of this change...I would expect ToS, ToRZ, Drunder, all being nerfed CM wise. Why? Cause they wont dare release new heroic content that needs more cm than a hm raid. And at their current progression, that is where they are heading. So now dumb it down, time to add more stuff.

Kruschev2086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #48
Felshades

Loremaster

Kruschev2086 wrote:

This xpack is not grab and go friendly. If you do not want to build a proper group for a zone, then you best overpower the zone. Chanter, Bard, Hate Xfer. If you don't have the setup, then it will be painful.  So get your gear in line.  Raiders camp the forums and comment on both sides of the game.  Casuals rarely contribute to the problems raiders have.  Remember those threads about how we have to adorn pure Crit mit to take on content?  Guess what.  It went unheard.  Now here is the bed.  If you want to grab and go with whatever, then guess what. You can't do the content when it is appropriate. On the note of this change...I would expect ToS, ToRZ, Drunder, all being nerfed CM wise. Why? Cause they wont dare release new heroic content that needs more cm than a hm raid. And at their current progression, that is where they are heading. So now dumb it down, time to add more stuff.

Don't need a hate transfer if you have a dirge or coercer or both unless you have some top end geared out balls to the walls PEWPEW in there and if you do, then they can learn to dial it down a notch.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #49
Rothrandir
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

Its interesting to see so many people saying Ry'gorr and associated gear from Kael is enough to do Drunder content when it isn't possible to find a group that'll accept a player in that gear.  Everyone doing Drunder expects you to have raid gear before they'll even consider inviting you.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #50
Shotneedle

Loremaster

I don't see what you people are crying about. I just zoned into Spire of Rage on my warden to take a peek, you need 210% crit chance and 120% crit mit.

TOTALLY UNOBTAINABLE IN RYGORR GEAR.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #51
Crismorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Its interesting to see so many people saying Ry'gorr and associated gear from Kael is enough to do Drunder content when it isn't possible to find a group that'll accept a player in that gear.  Everyone doing Drunder expects you to have raid gear before they'll even consider inviting you.

Start a group and prove them wrong

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #52
Fauztin
Server: Valor
Guild: Natural Born Knights

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

you need 210% crit chance and 120% crit mit.

this.even my craptastic lock with gear barely better than tofs has 120cm and with some (white) adorns the 210 cc as well... so stop complainin please.only thing i hate is, that there are raid-like drops in heroic zones and you need them, because it has awesome amounts of cc on it (got the neck with 47cc yesterdays out of drunder1). i don't want to group, just to get into the next raidzone. in mixed EM/HM gear, i have 252cc, eow needs 300, pow even more...

Fauztin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #53
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I've been playing the game longer than you have I bet. And there is nothing wrong with needing raid gear to get into zones that give... raid gear level items.

Drunder, you do not need raid gear for. If you think you do, you're running with the wrong group.

no you haven't been playing longer than me, this is the second account i made.  my first account is from o4.

and i have not said anything about the zones being too hard or anything of that nature L2READ..

i said i don't like the fact that these zones are droping BETTER gear than RAID ZONES!!!  is that clear now??!!

i don't want to run group zones in my raid time, IT'S DUUUMMMMBBBB to break a raid force in to FOUR GROUPS for the sake of proggression..  IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

do you understand?!?!?!?!

dude srsly..       read what people post before you respond ffs..

Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #54
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I don't see what you people are crying about. I just zoned into Spire of Rage on my warden to take a peek, you need 210% crit chance and 120% crit mit.

TOTALLY UNOBTAINABLE IN RYGORR GEAR.

for the record i'm not crying about how hard they are..   i don't like the fact that 6 man zones are now some how part of 24 man progression..  it makes absolutly no sense to me what so ever

Old 09-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #55
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

I think the "rare loot" from the group zone is not there to introduce an alternative progression path, but its there to give raiders something to look for in the group zones. the effectiveness of this move can be debated but i think this was the reasoning for it.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #56
Onorem

Loremaster

And here I was thinking that is was stupid that my latest alt was seeing about 50 crit mit at lvl 79 without even getting to the JW portion of quest rewards in Kunark zones... How refreshing is it to see that the completely wasted for then itemization will be extended to be completely useless for 8 more zones once I get him to DoV. If the revamp hadn't OPd gear so much, I might be concerned about what was left off by the program in place of crit mit...

Piling fail on fail doesn't make fail go away.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #57
Hamervelder

Loremaster

Anestacia wrote:

Artaxiel wrote:

What will irritate me is when I'm trying to do more difficult content and I'm LFM I'll get tells from the beknighted casuals whom this change caters to, who will have hissy fits that I won't take them to ToT with a crit mit of 125, because dontcha know they got the new gear and it's so easy now to do content, hurr durr. 

And what irritates me is stuck on themselves people who think they are so spectacular that they can accept or deny casual scrubs because they are so elite.  If you are as wonderful as you claim, then why would you ever want to do pick ups in the first place?  We hear all the time how people feel they are superior and they will only group within their own guilds.  Thats 100% the thing to do and means that THOSE people are in deed actually what they claim.  People like you, however, that have to pick up "scrubs" or "newbs" or "beknighted casuals (?)" just proves you arent as hot as you dream to be or wouldn't need the help of the peons.  Get over yourself imo.

The simple fact of the matter is that if you don't have enough crit mit for the zone, then you will die.  Period.  It has nothing to do with being "scrubs" or people being stuck on themselves.  It has to do with game mechanics.  It would be helpful if you understood this, before you go hurling insults at people and putting your foot in your mouth.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #58
Felshades

Loremaster

Davngr1 wrote:

no you haven't been playing longer than me, this is the second account i made.  my first account is from o4.

and i have not said anything about the zones being too hard or anything of that nature L2READ..

i said i don't like the fact that these zones are droping BETTER gear than RAID ZONES!!!  is that clear now??!!

i don't want to run group zones in my raid time, IT'S DUUUMMMMBBBB to break a raid force in to FOUR GROUPS for the sake of proggression..  IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

do you understand?!?!?!?!

dude srsly..       read what people post before you respond ffs..

First off, judging by how you responded here, I'd like to think you're the dumb one. But that's just me.

Second off, you don't have to run them in your raid time. Go run your raid?

Third, it's NOT better than raid gear in a good part of it. The stats are itemized wrong on quite a bit of it, and the stats are being shared through two primaries in order to make them useable by more than one archetype.

You don't need to break up your raid force for progression. You seem to think that you MUST do these zones during your raid time. No, you don't. Try logging in once in a while that isn't in your raid time frame. Can't? Too bad.

I have read what others posted. I've read what you posted, and it's coming clear to me that you're about 12 and need a nap.

Not to mention you haven't seen the Plane of War raid drops yet. THEY'RE NOT IN GAME YET. None of that is finalized, and if the EoW hard mode gear(that from what I gather, no one is doing yet) is too good, they'll nerf it. Again. Like they did with the Normal stuff.

Seriously, you have your panties in a bunch wayyyy too far up there bud.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #59
Pimmy
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Amenta

Loremaster

Put Crit Mit back to all DoV and beyond herioc zones, thanks.

Crit Mit is easily obtained in armors starting with Othmir quests (and after latest patch even lvl50 zones).

And you can do Fortress Spire and Iceshard Keep with pretty bad groups to get upgrades. Even parts of Temple and Thrones can be done with bad groups. Bad pickup raids can even get some upgrades from ToFS x2.

Rather concentrate on fixing the itemization problems in DoV and new zones.

Thanks.

Pimmy (90 Shadow Knight/Alchemist/Adorner)

Nysse (90 Warden/Sage)

Rutto (90 Defiler)

Varjotar (90 Troubador)

Villi (Beastlord)

Splitpaw server
Pimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #60
Leovinus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Put Crit Mit back to all DoV and beyond herioc zones, thanks.

Crit Mit is easily obtained in armors starting with Othmir quests (and after latest patch even lvl50 zones).

And you can do Fortress Spire and Iceshard Keep with pretty bad groups to get upgrades. Even parts of Temple and Thrones can be done with bad groups. Bad pickup raids can even get some upgrades from ToFS x2.

Rather concentrate on fixing the itemization problems in DoV and new zones.

Thanks.

So you want them to spend more time putting CM requirements back in?  It's done.  It may be relatively pointless, but it has been done already, and it would make next to no functional difference to the player, except a very few who might somehow make it to 90 in level 80 quested gear.  And really, is it worth spending that extra time to get back to the way it was to inconvenience those few?

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote