EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Services > EQ2Players.com Website Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #91
Lyleana

Elder

I understand what you are saying but I did break it up in two paragraphs and used the different colored text to "say it how I was feeling it" and the different colors, to me, help get that across. I also used the smaller text size because the post would have been to big. And as far as the devs, population aside, not reading it because of those things ... well, let's face it they are totally ignoring this thread altogether. I was venting because I know this site can be fixed to what it used to be, they just don't want to and that angers me.

Lyleana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #92
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lyleana wrote:

* lots of tiny red text in one paragraph *

* lots of tiny blue text  in one paragraph*

While I totally understand most of what this poster has to say, she has to realize that 99.99% of the EQ2Forums population, including devs, will not spend the time to read (1) tiny text (2) with no formatting (3) in one big paragraph.

To the original topic... either fix the site, or make the datastream available to those more motivated to provide a quality product.

I had no trouble reading her post.

I have been following this thread ever since I started it just over 6 months ago and value everyone's opinion, whether or not I agree with them. I also appreciate that Amnerys took the time to post a response early on. While we have not seen a Web Team member actually post a response I know that SOE are aware of the issue. Smokejumper did comment on things in another thread.

Will the issues with EQ2players.com ever be addressed? Who knows and honestly right now the web site is the least of EQ2's worries.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 AM   #93
Xarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

how about instead of developing an app that i can use on my phone to see my characters armor and chat with my guild, you guys actually put in some effort and fix the most likely minor bugs that are causing eq2players to not function.  how many complaints does it take to actually fix leaderboards? every day i go to check and see where my main character stands compared to the rest of the population and all i see is black nothingness.  do something about it. show us that you actually care.

-Nagafen.Craxx

Please Fix Brigands.

Antonia_Bayle.Xarc

Brigand of Equilibrium
Xarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #94
Ikunai

Loremaster

I don't know if SoE has figured it out instead of hiring people to fix the site why not just get a fan with capable programming and website design skills to do it for free. Which would take a few days at the most to recreate and make the site work as intended again. Instead of the months on end of broken stuff that will never be looked at. All things considered it doesn't take a rocket scientist to design a web site or content for it. I know many people who do such for the fun of it and theirs always turn out fine. Unlike this professionally run garbage that only gets complaints, as it stands a hacked invisionfree or zetaboard site runs better.
Ikunai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #95
Jasuo

Loremaster

Are there any active moderators/forum cleaners on this site these days?  wtb some help or temp rights to do it for you!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #96
Xarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

fixmeplz!

Please Fix Brigands.

Antonia_Bayle.Xarc

Brigand of Equilibrium
Xarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #97
Amnerys

Community Team

This is still on our radar, and while I can't talk about details, I can say that there are active discussions about fixes/upgrades/overhauls. Stay tuned. SMILEY

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #98
Juravael

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

This is still on our radar, and while I can't talk about details, I can say that there are active discussions about fixes/upgrades/overhauls. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the update Amnerys

Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #99
Raahl

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

The dev team actually isn't in charge of EQ2Players. It's done through our Web team. Currently the Web team is down a few heads, so they're trying to cover everything with a smaller team at this time, including support of older sites and setting up sites for the soon-to-be-released games. They haven't abandoned EQ2 Players completely, but I don't know when they'll be actively working on it again.

I hate it when this happens.  My company has done the same thing.  Less people means more hats for those that are left to wear.

Cougaar - 90 Dirge

Corwin - 90 Guardian

Raahl - 30 something Templar

Kilped - 70'ish Ranger
Raahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #100
Sipi

General

Amnerys wrote:

This is still on our radar, and while I can't talk about details, I can say that there are active discussions about fixes/upgrades/overhauls. Stay tuned.

This web site accurately reflects sonys inability to produce a quality product.  Every day that goes by demonstrates their indifference to their users needs.

There used to be a time where anyone in-game saying anything bad about sony would get shouted down in channel.  Try it today.  You'll find that most players will chime in and agree with anything negative said about sony in channel.  If only sony employees would start playing the game they would see things like this.  But, they don't.  And apparently they just don't care either.  I guess that's why sony is closing servers and laying off people.

Sipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #101
Erurat

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Thank you for the response, finally.  I must ask though, why can't you talk about the details?  Why is everything so [Removed for Content]' secret?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #102
Thorgald

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Malachani wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

The dev team actually isn't in charge of EQ2Players. It's done through our Web team. Currently the Web team is down a few heads, so they're trying to cover everything with a smaller team at this time, including support of older sites and setting up sites for the soon-to-be-released games. They haven't abandoned EQ2 Players completely, but I don't know when they'll be actively working on it again.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... how sad... a web team that doesn't work on its web sites...

EQ2Players is one of many websites at SOE.  If you read again, you'll see that this team is also responsible for other websites.

Most likely every single one of SOE's websites.

So its quite understandable if they let this webpage rest while they maintain more important sites.

Thorgald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #103
Amnerys

Community Team

[email protected] wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

Thank you for the response, finally.  I must ask though, why can't you talk about the details?  Why is everything so [Removed for Content]' secret?

It's not that it's secret. It's that it's still in flux. Decisions haven't been finalized, so there is nothing to share yet.

It'd be like the Dev Team announcing what was coming in the next expansion before they'd actually 100% decided. More harm would come from that than good.

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #104
Thorgald

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

Because discussing something does not equal to will happen.

So "revealing" something they are only discussing won't help, especially not if it ends up getting scrapped for whatever reason. 

Thorgald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #105
valavaern

Hero

Amnerys wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

It's not that it's secret. It's that it's still in flux. Decisions haven't been finalized, so there is nothing to share yet.

It'd be like the Dev Team announcing what was coming in the next expansion before they'd actually 100% decided. More harm would come from that than good.

At the risk of sounding beligerant, WHAT, after 7 MONTHS, is there to be actively discussing, and what is there to be in flux about!?  You're not inventing a totally new feature, you're fixing some relatively simple web code that broke.  This reminds me of the old addage "A rhinoceros is a unicorn designed by commitee".  If you want to be thnking about overhauling it, fine, but if it's going to take you this long, fix what's there while you're debating.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #106
Sty Frost

Loremaster

by the time they get through discussing (they might die of old age--the team planning it will be cut-- the sun will burn out--we will have landed man on mars......) I am sure they will just shut down the site

Sty Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #107
Erurat

Loremaster

valavaern wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

At the risk of sounding beligerant, WHAT, after 7 MONTHS, is there to be actively discussing, and what is there to be in flux about!?  You're not inventing a totally new feature, you're fixing some relatively simple web code that broke.  This reminds me of the old addage "A rhinoceros is a unicorn designed by commitee".  If you want to be thnking about overhauling it, fine, but if it's going to take you this long, fix what's there while you're debating.

I second this.  It's absolutely ridiculous how long the site has been broken.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #108
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

valavaern wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

I second this.  It's absolutely ridiculous how long the site has been broken.

I triple million these things which were typed by my fellow constituents.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #109
Beermizer

Loremaster

Any new word on when EQ2Players will be fixed?
Beermizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #110
Caltros

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Any new word on when EQ2Players will be fixed?

Soon 

Old 05-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #111
Spritelady

Loremaster

If by Soon u mean Never... that is probably accurate

Level 90 Fury

Dracos Reborn - Butcherblock Server
Spritelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #112
Peppto
Server: Najena

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

In all fairness could you at least give us a ballpark timeframe as to when the descisions will take place? Eq2players has been outdated/broken for years now, you can see why the playerbase has no reason to believe it will happen within any reasonable amount of time.

And on a side note, the tight-lipped "need-to-know basis" that SOE generally treats it's customers to is a good part of the reason that a large chunk of the player base blamed SOE for the recent data theft issue. Comunication is key to understanding.

Peppto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #113
Beermizer

Loremaster

Pretty sad that the EQ1 team stays on top of issues like this and yet EQ2 is newer yet stays broken for so long.

Beermizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #114
Peppto
Server: Najena

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pretty sad that the EQ1 team stays on top of issues like this and yet EQ2 is newer yet stays broken for so long.

Sader that amnerys refuses to reply to my reply, asking a perfectly reasonable question. Only goes to further prove my point that SOE cares nothing about it's customer base(or at least that's how they come off in the way they treat us)

I mean, we understand that it will take time, we're not idiots. But if you can tell us when an expansion will be out, there's no reason that at least a ballpark range cannot be given on when they plan to work on a website that has obviously not been touched in ages.

Peppto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #115
thaleem

Loremaster

valavaern wrote:

Well spoken!!!!!!!!!!!

thaleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #116
carpe_caminus

Loremaster

I'd at least like the AA loadouts to display properly.  I mean they haven't even been updated to reflect SF changes let alone DoV.  EQ2Players has become a massive disappointment especially considering how long I paid extra for this service.

carpe_caminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #117
Buneary

Loremaster

its really unprofessional how SoE is handling the EQPlayers site.

WoW's version of the same thing is free and yet it actually keeps info up to date and has more features (not gonna say its 100% bug-free, but it fairs A LOT better than EQ2Players).

not supporting the site just because you arent charging anyone for it anymore is really rediculous. its just makes SoE look really bad.

Buneary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #118
Juravael

Loremaster

I started this thread 8 MONTHS ago ...

EQ2Players.com has not been touched ..... not that I thought it really would be seeing as it has been useless garbage for a couple of years.

This just speaks volumes about SOE, the Everquest II team and the "so-called" Web team.

Pathetic. 

Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 AM   #119
Feynar

Loremaster

What are the chances of the web team allowing community members to volunteer to help fix the site?

Feynar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #120
Dark_Grue

Loremaster

Feynar wrote:

What are the chances of the web team allowing community members to volunteer to help fix the site?

Exactly zero.

The relationship between the Web Team (or whoever they're claiming is resposible for EQ2Player.com this quarter) has been that of absolute and impenetrible apathy. I've tried to contact them, and apparently they just used it as an opportunity to use Roster Master as their business plan when they converted EQ2Player.com to a pay site - and failed miserably at it. Other folks have similiarly tried to set up dialogs with someone, anyone, who might be in charge, or just willing to listen, and gotten nothing but silence on the wire.

It's been tried. Read this forum. It goes back a ways. Do you see a pattern? Threads with disturbingly similiar titles? The lack of SoE participation? Non-answers. SoE representatives popping in to spout the company line and then never heard from or seen again? Seriously, you don't have to read the entire forum, just page through the thread titles. I'll wait.

What possible benefit of the doubt do you wish to extend Sony at this point? Do you really think that volunteer work is a good idea? I don't. Besides, I've done enough free work for Sony already.

Realistically speaking, why would you think they'd let volunteers work on the site? From a standpoint of security (something they've aptly demonstrated they care and know nothing about), it'd be reckless at best. While there are very talented professionals that do this sort of work for a living in the EQ2 player community, to give some random "fan" the ability to look at and write code for the site wouldn't be very wise. First, the code (as bad as it is) represents a capital investment for Sony - they don't want that investment walking out the door. The code itself has value (on paper, anyway - we know it's crap). The other is, if that code's anything like that running on PSN, Qriocity, SOE, Sony Music Greece, Sony Music Indonesia, Sony's Japanese ISP subsidiary So-net Entertainment, and Sony Thailand, Sony Ericsson, and sonypictures.com (did I get them all? I'm sure I missed a few) - code responsible for one of the worst consumer data losses in history - do you think they even know what a functional site looks like, let alone a secure one?

"Ah, but an employee could oversee the work" you say? Given that they've allocated exactly ZERO resources, who would be that, exactly? And are you sure that person would be clever enough to detect tampering? Remember, the people they have working for them designing Sony consumer portals just got p0wned a dozen times and have lost over a 100 million customer's personal and private details. I'm not even sure the running tally is that low, it keeps going up. These are the people who engineered a multinational consumer products network infrastructure that have left your personal and private information (much of which is, sadly, inevitably used as unique keys into your identity) irrevocably and forever exposed.

These are people who can't even manage cooks to boil water without burning down the entire state the kitchen was located in.

I imagine we should be thankful EQ2Players.com doesn't work properly, at least it's not hemmoraging credit card numbers. Yet.

Dark_Grue is offline   Reply With Quote