EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #31
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

Hard to believe that some ppl here are actually defending botters...

I think you should play the game as it was meant to be played or not play at all end of story.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #32
Korizan

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Maybe make nodes when they give up a rare they spawn a yellow con mob with it.

It could get annoying.

A small twist on the concept and maybe not.

On the rare....

You get the 10 normal raws.

Pop the yellow mob and if you kill him the rare will be on the mob.

Unfortunitly it will mean the end of grey harvesting half asleep for me I would stop sending out the wizard and go with the conjuror instead.

The question is would it effect the bots ?

And you better make sure it despawns fairly quickly if not engaged, 94 lvl mobs could cause issues in antonica.

And this mechanic shouldn't work in the newbie zones.

End if the mob is grey you shouldn't get the rare, that should remove a few holes I can think of right now.

Korizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #33
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Maybe make nodes when they give up a rare they spawn a yellow con mob with it.

Problem with this: harvesting isn't tied to adventuring at all. It's possible to be a level 90 crafter and harvest all the way up to T9 while being only a level 1 adventurer with no gear and no weapons and only apprentices of the first couple of abilities you get at level 1. Making harvesting require you to outfit your character as an adventurer would go against the idea of crafting-only characters.

NB: that's also why I'd prefer that HQs and other quests that require crafting all be changed to allow the crafting to be done via the commission system. Leveling up as an adventurer may make crafting easier, but shouldn't be required for it. Likewise leveling up as a crafter may make adventuring easier, but shouldn't be required for it.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

LOL, I'm not going to lie, I liked when rares were more plentiful and cheaper SMILEY

Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #35
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

LOL, I'm not going to lie, I liked when rares were more plentiful and cheaper

Yah .. now you are just going to have to bot harvesting yourself for rares SMILEY

Rares prices have not only been effected by a bot crackdown, but also by Guildhall harvester minions. People dont harvest much for normal materials anymore, which means even less rares on the market.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #36
-=Hoss=-

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

3) The player spends an excessive amount of time circling a node clearly bugged and out of remotely reasonable reach.4) ?'s are magicaly disapearing and there is a level 4 gnome popping on and off track named something like 'Ukghdscfa'

I do #3 myself sometimes.  I just can't believe they would really let a node spawn in an unreachable / unseeable place.  If the node can get there so can I dangit!

But #4 ... What?

Also, am I the only one who didn't understand what S-M-I-T-E was talking about?  It was like she was referring to a completely different game.

-=Hoss=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #37
Jesdyr

Loremaster

-=Hoss=- wrote:

But #4 ... What?

Also, am I the only one who didn't understand what S-M-I-T-E was talking about?  It was like she was referring to a completely different game.

#4 - Low level "throwaway" characters using warping to harvest shiny.

SMITE's post is confusing but The overall point is that the botters and farmers seemed to be a majority of his/her business both as a martials supplier and purchasers.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #38
Yimway

Loremaster

-=Hoss=- wrote:

I do #3 myself sometimes.  I just can't believe they would really let a node spawn in an unreachable / unseeable place.  If the node can get there so can I dangit!

But #4 ... What?

#3 -  There are those nodes that 'might' be in reach and a player will skillfully try to find a way up the obstical to them.  Then there are those nodes that are clearly way out of reach and a bot will circle them for 5 minutes without making a skilled attempt to reach it.  Or they might 'treehump' an obstical for excessive amounts of time.  I've seen plenty of the behavior.

#4 - Throw away characters that warp between nodes to clear them, particularly ?'s.  They most commonly warp to points just under the world, so you can never see them.  You just see ?'s disapear, and if you can track you catch them 'blinking' on and off your track window.  I think most players don't know what to look for to spot these, but these I do report when I see them.   Though honestly, I know they're bots on throw away acounts, so I'm not sure reporting them solves all that much.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Purple names should be banned.  They are all bots & plat farmers.

The few actual roleplayers won't be missed

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #40
m0n3kyb0y18

Lord

My honest opinion ...

Was this dude interfearing with your game play? Cuz, if he wasn't, then what difference does it make. Are you complaining just because someone else might have been cleaver enough to figure something out to allow him to make his game play experience easier. I personally don't care about bots. They were HUGE in Asheron's Call because of all the 3rd party apps you could use ... but it didn't affect my ability to play the game ... nothing changed for me, I still did what I wanted.

My personal opinion ... who cares? I certianly don't. Bot away.

Now, if the botting is interfearing with your game play, then by all means, say something ... but based off what you are saying in the forum, ... it sounds to be like you just rat people out for the sake of ratting people out.

m0n3kyb0y18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #41
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

#4 - Throw away characters that warp between nodes to clear them, particularly ?'s.  They most commonly warp to points just under the world, so you can never see them.  You just see ?'s disapear, and if you can track you catch them 'blinking' on and off your track window.  I think most players don't know what to look for to spot these, but these I do report when I see them.   Though honestly, I know they're bots on throw away acounts, so I'm not sure reporting them solves all that much.

It solves more than you'd think. Those harvesting characters have to pass the shinies, or the gold they make selling them, on to someone higher up the food chain, and CS can track all of that through the logs.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #42
Ribbwich

Elder

This QQ screams "the boy who cried wolf".  careful! next time nobody will take u seriously! ( as if they are now)

Ribbwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #43
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

-=Hoss=- wrote:

I'm still trying to learn how to convey lots of information in less than 3 sentences as people don't really read more than that. 

But yes, the other poster got my jist. 

Botters were in part responsible for abundance of rares (and their prices) as well as some fraction of the botters who happened to be my tradeskilling customers.  I definately was hit twice with the frying pan when the crackdown hammer hit. 

If you want to see the game I was playing the last 2 years you ought to go read my TS forum post to the which tradeskiller makes the most $$$ by a new person on nagafen. 

It's hard to say alot with less... 6 sentences still.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #44
Hene

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

LOL, I'm not going to lie, I liked when rares were more plentiful and cheaper

And I liked it when I would harvest for a few days and be lucky to get a rare... (yeah, back when the rares didn't print a special message upon harvesting one, when they didn't have sparkles on the image, and it really took a lot of time and effort to get one)

Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #45
Coho1

Loremaster

"Unfortunitly it will mean the end of grey harvesting half asleep for me I would stop sending out the wizard and go with the conjuror instead."

I hadn't thought of that.  I rarely craft.. I figured adventure lvls appropriate to area.

Coho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
Colleptic3

Seer

[email protected] wrote:

kidpaul wrote:

I was unclear it is node farming Im talking about not mobs. but apperently this time I was wrong it was just one crazy dedicated dude apperently. but im so used to watching the boters that dedication made him look like a bot.

This is your problem right here. You assume he was a bot because he was doing something you didnt understand. Go ahead and petition but understand that SOE only bans when they KNOW someone is doing something wrong.

A person standing in one spot harvesting one or two nodes for a few hours might look like a AFK macroer to you, but that very well could be a person with 2 accounts who is raiding on one character and harvesting on the other. He wont reply to your tells but will for a GM.

Or like me...watchin a movie while I harvest...

Colleptic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #47
Jesdyr

Loremaster

S_M_I_T_E wrote:

-=Hoss=- wrote:

I'm still trying to learn how to convey lots of information in less than 3 sentences as people don't really read more than that. 

the problem is your posts are often not direct to the point. Too much fluff and the red text is annoying. 

Colleptic3 wrote:

Or like me...watchin a movie while I harvest...

I don't know how anyone could "just" harvest without doing something else as well.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #48
oldsnowy

Loremaster

As an example of twinboxing, which wsa mentioned above - I have 2 accounts and, while raiding with one (as a Healer, so no slacking allowed!) I often have another character, on my other account, sitting by a node or shiny spawn point.  Every ten minutes or so, at a break in the action, I look over and harvest whatever is up.  You can call it farming, or botting, or whatever you like - but it's my Account, I pay for it, and it's how I like to use it.   SMILEY

oldsnowy is offline   Reply With Quote