EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #61
Desdichada

Loremaster

Porkchop133 wrote:

and as soon as she's released in-game all the girls are going to complain until they get a version of that dress :smileytongue:

::runs and hides::

Not this knight, I won't. I would not even consider dressing into the GL30 vulgar outfit. On the other hand, the dress Quellious wears gives me hope that there will be dresses without  holes for navels and without stupid leg-length cut-offs.

Desdichada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #62
Kytraan

Loremaster

Given that Inny is now a troll, does it seem like Rallos is now an ogre? Its kinda hard to tell with him being covered in armor, but something about the posture and the overall body form says Ogre.  I always thought he was supposed to be an orc?
Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #63
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Kytraan wrote:
Given that Inny is now a troll, does it seem like Rallos is now an ogre? Its kinda hard to tell with him being covered in armor, but something about the posture and the overall body form says Ogre.  I always thought he was supposed to be an orc?

He isn't an Orc, Ogre, Giant, or Goblin. Tallon and Vallon Zek take on more orcish features, but RZ has always been covered head to toe with armor so his real face is never seen.

Again though, the gods make us see them however they want us to see them.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #64
nikitta28

Loremaster

Nope he looks exactly like the Thyr giants in Lavastorm and SE, but with a helmet.So orginal.
nikitta28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 AM   #65
Silver_Feather

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Kytraan wrote:

He isn't an Orc, Ogre, Giant, or Goblin. Tallon and Vallon Zek take on more orcish features, but RZ has always been covered head to toe with armor so his real face is never seen.

Again though, the gods make us see them however they want us to see them.

No,we see the gods however the devs make them..and so far it dosen`t look too origianl...
Silver_Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:42 AM   #66
Mirander_1

Loremaster

The artwork of the gods does look a little lackluster.  I think at least part of the reason is because the gods aren't being depicted with their signature weapons (those who have one.)  It might have helped them look a bit more unique.
Mirander_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #67
kajirala

Lord

does tunare have a signature weapon?
Old 09-02-2006, 04:37 AM   #68
Mirander_1

Loremaster

kajirala wrote:
does tunare have a signature weapon?
Yeah, she had a staff that looked fitting for a druid (So kinda gnarly and natural-looking)
Old 09-02-2006, 04:42 AM   #69
kajirala

Lord

kk thanks i didnt know
Old 09-02-2006, 07:07 AM   #70
Cercs

General

Interesting. Thanks, Cusas.My only gripe is with Quellious. Maybe it is just me, but the EQ1 picture seems to be to be a small, peaceful black child. In the EQ2 picture she's white, and I found that a bit disappointing.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #71
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Cercsij wrote:
Interesting. Thanks, Cusas.

My only gripe is with Quellious. Maybe it is just me, but the EQ1 picture seems to be to be a small, peaceful black child. In the EQ2 picture she's white, and I found that a bit disappointing.

....... HOW THE **** DO YOU GET THE IMPRESSION THAT SHE'S BLACK!??????????
Old 09-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #72
Homeskillet

Loremaster

Guess what? She was.

Solufein Alastrarran
Homeskillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #73
Mirander_1

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Cercsij wrote:Interesting. Thanks, Cusas.My only gripe is with Quellious. Maybe it is just me, but the EQ1 picture seems to be to be a small, peaceful black child. In the EQ2 picture she's white, and I found that a bit disappointing.

....... HOW THE **** DO YOU GET THE IMPRESSION THAT SHE'S BLACK!??????????
Strangely enough, I also thought she was supposed to be black in the EQlive art.  I guess it has to be a combination of a shadow going over her face, and perhaps her facial features.  It actually kinda makes sense; she is basically the patron (or would it be matron) goddess of the Erudites, and in EQlive Erudites were basically black people with tall foreheads
Old 09-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #74
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Homeskillet wrote:
    Guess what? She was.

Guess what? She doesn't exist in EQlive or EQOA, so you can't say that she was or not.

*Looks at the pic*

.... yeah. I'm not seeing it. you can't really say there's a shadow over her face or anything like that, considering the aura around her.

You look at Bertoxxulous' concept art. You clearly see a shadow covering his face because of the shroud he's wearing.

you look at Fennin Ro's concept art. You clearly see dark skin of African-Arabic decent.

You look at Druzzil Ro's concept Art. YOU CLEARLY SEE DARK SKIN AND HER DESCRIPTION EVEN SAYS SHE CLOSELY RELATES TO AN ERUDITE IN PHYSICAL APPEARANCE!

You look at Luclin's concept Art: Ebony black skin for the Goddess of Shadows and Darkness herself.

Vazaelle Kaliene Is an Erudite herself....

Quellious? Nope. No dark skin there. Nothing to support she was black.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #75
Atmosphear1993

Loremaster

Many of the drawing closely resemble current models in-game.  So if/when the gods do appear in the game, many might use the same models and possibly even the same textures that are already avaliable unlike their EQ1 in-game counterparts.  The artwork was meant to fit into the 3D models of the game rather than in-game models being influenced by the artowrk.  Some Gods might have original models though, like Cazic Thule and possibly Quellious.

Thus, the newly envisioned gods look rather unoriginal to me.  It isn't even a given we will see them in-game yet though.  Perhaps that will be a different expansion.  But for example, my guess is that we will see the standard troll model enlarged with the same old chain texture with reworked colors for Inny.
Atmosphear1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #76
jago quicksilver

Lord

oderus wrote:        Does innorruuk from champions of norrath look like mum-rah, from the thundercats, or is it just me?

he does lol. maybe mumrah is his grandfather or something?grandfather would be a plausible relative, since mumrah is all bandaged up and sounds like his vocal cords are gonna give out at any minute.think about it, how many kerrans do you know that worship innorruuk? not many, b/c they hold a grudge.
jago quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #77
Mepha

General

Ok so remember the Innothule swamp? Wasn't there some sort of tie between Innoruuk and Cazic Thule? I thought for some reason Trolls were made to resemble Innoruuk, it is not the other way around.
Mepha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #78
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Mephala wrote:
Ok so remember the Innothule swamp? Wasn't there some sort of tie between Innoruuk and Cazic Thule? I thought for some reason Trolls were made to resemble Innoruuk, it is not the other way around.

That's correct. The lore behind Innoruuk's involvement with the trolls is debunked lore from Beta. HOWEVER. The evidence remained in the game to support that Innoruuk shaped the trolls after Cazic Thule created them. For starters, Innothul swamp's name alone. 2nd, Trolls could always worship Innoruuk as a diety though the reasoning why was never explained.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #79
Mepha

General

Cusashorn wrote:

Mephala wrote:Ok so remember the Innothule swamp? Wasn't there some sort of tie between Innoruuk and Cazic Thule? I thought for some reason Trolls were made to resemble Innoruuk, it is not the other way around.

That's correct. The lore behind Innoruuk's involvement with the trolls is debunked lore from Beta. HOWEVER. The evidence remained in the game to support that Innoruuk shaped the trolls after Cazic Thule created them. For starters, Innothul swamp's name alone. 2nd, Trolls could always worship Innoruuk as a diety though the reasoning why was never explained.
Ok so my memory isn't failing me. It's been a while since I have been in EQ and I played it way before it was called "live". My favorite time in game was August of '99 up until and including the Velious expansion. After that I became more and more disenchanted with it.Outside of the things you mention, I think the sphere of control assigned to each God respectively would point to a tie. Hatred and fear are intimately linked.I always found it frustrating that they did leave so much in game that supported the unofficial beta lore and did not expand on it, or correct it. They mostly left a vacuum. Which is why you see many folks fascinated with the unofficial beta lore.

Message Edited by Mephala on 09-02-2006 06:56 AM

Mepha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #80
Zarafein

Loremaster

hm gues i'am the only one with problems regarding the new connections between each god.
Zarafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:44 AM   #81
KazzySoJaz

General

I am mad that I cannot be a war-like monk, I know it sounds funny and all but so does a halfling monk, I mean come on let me worship the god of my choice.  My halfling warrior followed rallos...  why can't my monk
KazzySoJaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:30 AM   #82
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Because Monks arn't aggressive war mongers.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #83
Zabjade

Loremaster

Still prefer The Nameless, but I would take jobs from Quelli and Brell former, because she's cute, the latter because he supplies the booze. Ok so as Monk's go I can be mercenary lol, but then Klornie comes from a long line of Qeynos Monks, who are mostly Agnostic. The Nameless EQ1 [] EQOLA [] EQ2 []
Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #84
kajirala

Lord

euw adothro tunare
Old 09-03-2006, 07:21 AM   #85
Zabjade

Loremaster

kajirala wrote:
euw adothro tunare
???
Old 09-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #86
kajirala

Lord

i said tunare is my favorite god
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #87
Zabjade

Loremaster

Ahh, mine is The Nameless because he reminds me of Yehova rather then some Greek godling. Some people have difficulties playing a diffrent race or gender, with me it's religion :smileywink:

Message Edited by Zabjade on 09-02-2006 08:56 PM

Old 09-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #88
kajirala

Lord

i see
Old 09-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #89
Renita_Serafim

Loremaster

Zabjade wrote:
Still prefer The Nameless, but I would take jobs from Quelli and Brell former, because she's cute, the latter because he supplies the booze.

*sigh*

The Nameless has no personality, no princibles which it visibly stands for. It isn't going to help you.

Renita_Serafim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #90
KazzySoJaz

General

Cusashorn wrote:
Because Monks arn't aggressive war mongers.

This one is SMILEY  You should not be able to lump everyone into one category I mean diversity FTW.I will be agnostic cause quellious sucks.
KazzySoJaz is offline   Reply With Quote