EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #31
Mystiq

General

SonnyA wrote:

Oh, and those "click to cure" group windows aren't all that. I tried it and found out that I never use it. Who uses the mouse to cure? It's simply not fast enough. The best way to cure fast is to have Balm hotkeyed in an easy to reach slot. I use WASD to move and my Balm is on ctrl-1. I can cure anything almost instantly only by stretching my left ring finger and press ctrl with the palm. Works really well.

I'm sure a lot of people use and appreciate the feature, that's why it's there. Ancient Balm cures one person, but if two or more people are inflicted with a status effect, one which you don't have the group cure for, clicking them off of your group members via the status icons in the group window in almost instant succession is fast, easy and handy. All without losing your current target, as Vayn pointed out.There are many means to an end, and many methods that work in different ways. None are more adequate or correct than any other.

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #32
Banditman

Loremaster

There is also a relationship between how you cast spells and the usefulness of a UI feature.  The click to cure is a great example.For me, click to cure is completely useless.  Why?I don't click.At all.I cast all my spells, cures, target, interact . . . with the keyboard.  I feel that for me, two hands (keyboarding) interacting are faster than one hand clicking.  I suppose being a fast typist might influence that, or perhaps my background in FPS games just has my brain hardwired that way.Anyway, to me, a UI is simply a display of information.  It isn't how I generally interact with the game.  This gives me an entirely different perspective on what might be a useful UI feature and what might be useless.It's all about how you play the game.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #33
Xeryn_Star

Loremaster

This is my layout, I have new Raid UI which takes up less space.  Other than that think most of it is Custom UI.
Xeryn_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #34
Kytraan

Loremaster

Thanks Mystique, thats what I was afraid of. I went out and searched through eq2interface.com and downloaded several items I thought looked good. This included a maintained spell bar that had the time left on it, the new persona window (shown above), a new pet window, and the maps again since mine were not updating. Mostly small stuff, but some that really makes a difference. Those timers are nice.Maybe they will fix it someday so that we can see that without the tool tip.
Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #35
Eepop

Loremaster

Anyone heard if an interface could be made to overwrite the target window and replace all the debuffs with thier cure icons and not list buffs? I would love to be able to see what i need to cure on the MT when im not in the MT group. Right now I have someone in the MT group calling it out over vent when neccessary, and its a pain in the butt.  I imagine I am alos losing alot of time and power for no gain due to blind curing.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:00 AM   #36
Mystiq

General

Not sure if that can be done or not, but if the ability is already present in some windows that usually means it can be moved to work anywhere. Don't quote me tho, post on eqinterface Request board imo.P.S. I would think the MT group healers should be taking care of curing the vast majority of the time, unless you have some slow movin healers or a funky group config lol.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #37
Wintersheart

Loremaster

Mystique,

On your original post about the profitui you mention "and the status effect icons act as the appropriate cure when clicked, without losing your target even if it is not who you are curing"... Can you explain a little more what that means as oppose to clicking a cure button on your hotbar?

I'm not a super-uber mystic just a itty bitty casual player...so I apologize if this is newbie stuff..

Thanks much

...heart

... James Elroy Flecker (1884-1915).

Wintersheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
Loral

General

The code under the "cure" buttons in the group windows looks like this:

/target_Player3 ; /useability Cure Noxious ; /target_previous

Thus pressing the button makes you switch target for a fraction of a second, just enough time to start casting the cure, and then places you back on the target you had before. Makes for very easy curing of group members without having to target each of them individually.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #39
Leji

General

Standard UI

Leji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #40
Mystiq

General

Yep, what Loralor said :smileyhappy:. It happens so fast my eyes can't even detect the switch to the curee and back. Great for keeping a close watch on the MT hp if they're not in your group, while still taking care of your group's ailments.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:39 AM   #41
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

I use Goldi's MMM

I usually play in a window, but will switch to full screen on occasion, and it doesn't distort it to much

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #42
Wintersheart

Loremaster

Thanks Loralor,

Very cool...

...heart

... James Elroy Flecker (1884-1915).

Wintersheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:41 AM   #43
Goshik

General

Profit UI <3Viewing space <31280 x 1024 Resolution. Would be higher but my monitor isn't very great and I don't have the money for another.Raid window appears on the right side, implied target appears right beside main target over chat box. The hotbars are all resized smaller so as to fit in that little area. The 5th hotbar separate from the rest is for my manastone style items/AE avoidance item/Carpet/Invis totems.
Goshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #44
Thatdumbg

General

Here's mine, keeping in mind that I just changed resolutions so my target/implied windows are abit too far down (didn't notice it that night). I play in 1280x960 windowed. My UI is just a hodgepodge of individual pieces I've picked up over time.
Antonia Bayle

(Old Forum Handle: Thatdumbguy)
Thatdumbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #45
Maddcovv

Loremaster

I use profit but I really like your layout Mystique, thanks for posting it, here is mine, I have a widesceen layout and a chat window just for tells so i can get points on raids. http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=222166895&size=ldo you use the "profit reborn" or the "1.8e or f "or something ??

Message Edited by Maddcovv on 08-22-2006 12:57 PM

Message Edited by Maddcovv on 08-22-2006 01:08 PM

Old 08-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #46
Maddcovv

Loremaster

NM .. upgraded to profit reborn and its great.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #47
SonnyA

Loremaster

Maddcovv wrote:
I use profit but I really like your layout Mystique, thanks for posting it, here is mine, I have a widesceen layout and a chat window just for tells so i can get points on raids.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=222166895&size=l

Omg Maddcow, on that screenshot you only use 4 concentration. You're cheating someone in your group from a Foretelling SMILEY
SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #48
jddro

Im kinda new to the UI's of EQ2 - I installed Profit UI and it just seems cluttered at 1280x1024. Thats about as max as I can go on reso cause my VC sucks and chokes on graphics and screen rendering.

Is there any good UI's that people have used that is a "minimalist" setup?

Oh and easy to install , took me a bit to get profit installed and what not.
jddro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #49
Maddcovv

Loremaster

heh yup, it seem the person i'm cheating is me!

SonnyA wrote:
Omg Maddcow, on that screenshot you only use 4 concentration. You're cheating someone in your group from a Foretelling SMILEY

Message Edited by Maddcovv on 08-23-2006 11:59 AM

Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #50
Kytraan

Loremaster

here is what I have done with my UI thanks to some pointers from the board. Its just a reconfiguation of the original with 2 downloads (personal screen and maintained spells. http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer_gallery.vm?characterId=233809201
Old 08-31-2006, 12:36 PM   #51
SonnyA

Loremaster

Kytraan wrote:
here is what I have done with my UI thanks to some pointers from the board. Its just a reconfiguation of the original with 2 downloads (personal screen and maintained spells.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer_gallery.vm?characterId=233809201

That's a very nice and tidy UI. Personally, I would probably move the group window closer to the self/target/implied target windows, so you can keep an eye on your own health, your groups health and your targets health without moving your focus too much around the screen.

I imagine moving the group window where your first two hotbars are and then move the hotbars below the group window.

But that's just me. If it works for you, don't change a thing. It looks really great.

SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:55 PM   #52
Kytraan

Loremaster

Thanks thats a good idea, I will give it a try. I think I will probably just swap the two rather than putting the hot bars below as I am used to those two hotbars being on top of each other. I tried to match the hotbars up to some extent by putting the group versions of the debuffs directly below the solo versions. I should probably do the same with the wards and heals too. The buff bars also need to be reordered so they are in the order I would normally cast them when ever they need to be recast. Need to get rid of some stuff I only rarely cast. I wish the pause function worked in macros so I could create 1 macro to rebuff all group and self only buffs at once. I would also be interested in maybe replacing the XP bar with one that showed ADV/Tradeskill/AA/Guild all at once neatly without taking up much screen space. I will look around today.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 AM   #53
KeenaMoonphy

Another Profit Reborn fan. I use this set up on both Mystic and Monk!

Message Edited by KeenaMoonphyre on 09-24-2006 06:55 PM

Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #54
schmee

Loremaster

schmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #55
Mecrushu

Loremaster

Seems that every time I try to use a complete or even mostly complete UI, I get stuck after every patch not being able to function because the patch changed one of the UI components.  Now you have to exchange it with the default or wait till the UI aurthor can update the UI.

How much of a problem is this with the Prophet UI?

Decendant of Mecrushu {68 War on the Rathe}
The once proud Slayer of the gods Is now a LVL 61 Quill making slave of his older sister.
Mecrushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #56
Mystiq

General

Mecrushu wrote:

Seems that every time I try to use a complete or even mostly complete UI, I get stuck after every patch not being able to function because the patch changed one of the UI components.  Now you have to exchange it with the default or wait till the UI aurthor can update the UI.

How much of a problem is this with the Prophet UI?

Almost non-existent in my experience. I am admittedly a UI guruthough, and little slows me down from keeping most if not all of the UI intact and running even after patches. But even for the novice, Profit just doesn't break very often, and if a patch introduces changes to the UI that impact the mod, those that currently maintain the UI see to the issues as quickly as possible. There is an extensive help thread on the EQ2 Interface forums for this UI, which can be found here. Usually if you have a particular issue with the UI, you can make a quick post about it there and get some help pretty fast.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #57
Toireht

Loremaster

Just started playing about a week ago and just got around to changing my UI around.

Message Edited by Toireht on 10-01-2006 02:48 PM

Toireht is offline   Reply With Quote