EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
Cowdenic

Power consumtion reduced by about 20%.
Cast times reduced, i mean do some of our nukes really need 4 and 5 second cast times?
Recast Times reduced a little.
A bag to put in the ammo slot to hold Nil Crystals.
An INT buff, please.
Not quite such a range of damage on our nukes. Bring the minimum amount of damage up some (ok alot).

These are the main problems I see with the Warlock.

Feedback?
18 Troubador Befallen, Xenus
I am a M.O.F.O.
Misfits of the Forgotten Order
Cowdenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
wesbarlow

Loremaster

Cowdenicus wrote:
Cast times reduced, i mean do some of our nukes really need 4 and 5 second cast times?
An INT buff, please.
Not quite such a range of damage on our nukes. Bring the minimum amount of damage up some (ok alot).

Feedback?

I'm a 70 warlock i think i got close to 6k power. not the best around and it's nothing to brag about but i honestly have yet to run out. Plus i think there's an AA for that anyway (not on my toon right now). I just use terrible deeds constantly. not when i run out of power to get the 350 back i use it as the fights progress (if it's a long one. if it's short who cares).

Cast times i think are slow. if i was dictator of the earth for a day i'd shave about 1sec on average off most of our spells. Although if they did that then people would be casting more spells per fight and then everyone would be crying about the aggro thing and not just a few

recasting times i think being reduced would create a problem. We always have something to cast. it's not like my monk where i throw out every combat art in the first few moments of the game then i auto attack until they slowly come back. Partially because our spells take longer to cast so by the time u get done casting one another is already up. I think it's just a matter of casting then in a good order so that the ones you want are constantly in recycle. for example you can cast soul blister then distortion then cast soul blister again.

this sounds crazy but you know what's in my ammo slot? a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] quiver. i got it stocked with t7 arrows because we're always somewhere and someone runs out of arrows. the slot is useless to me so i mule it out for scouts/tanks whoever needs it.

The int buff thing i used to agree with you on but now i'd have to disagree. when i get in a group there's so many other classes that buff int my int is maxed in seconds and it's pointless. now i'm not some uber raiding warlock or anything thta runs around maxed all the time. actually i've thrown high int gear away just because it's stupid to put it on when i could gain more stamina or something and still be maxed in a group. i'm level 70 and curently have 457 int. that's with no mpotions or any crap like that and i max out in seconds in just about every group. i hated our disrutpion buff at the start but now it's grown on me and i wouldn't change it for anything.

spell casting range i totally agree with. i'd even settle if they dropped the max damage a bit and brought up and min damage. i just want consistency in casting. not some crap where you can practically 1 shot a mob in one hit then hit it for 1/4 on the next one same nuke.

just some thoughts. i've been playin my monk lately but i'll always have love for my warlock. we're few on everfrost server so it's nice to be something different. besides, if u think your warlock sucks that bad grab a zerker at around level 60 and go hit up the epic monks in pof. you'll see what you're capable of then...the more mobs the merrier. too bad KOS doesn't have huge groups like that... SMILEY

jayden

Old 05-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Xede

Loremaster

Cowdenicus wrote:
An INT buff, please.

Feedback?

want less power consumption? go down the wisdom line then, there is a passive ability that reduces all power consumption by 12%

cast and recast timers reduced? go down the agi line to get that. I think the timers are just fine...and with LU23 and spell proc's it is going to be in our favor it seems(will have to test of course.)

Nil Crystals...we just need to get rid of them altogether. but honestly one slot in our bags isnt that big of a deal since it stacks to like 100 i think it is. Wizzies get an INT buff we do not. If the + to casting skills actually worked i wouldnt mind having the buff. Also it's easy to cap int when in a group, depending on makeup.

The range on nukes...yah it is a wide range....bump up the damage on some of the base damage by like 100-200 max and it'd be just fine.

Xede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Fyzzl

Loremaster

Power Consumption  -  Nice thought but not needed
 a) There are tons of power regen items, FT BoB, Prismatics, Totems, Food, Mage silvers, necro carebear hearts, Manastone, Urn, our cani spell ( yes its a bit weak), the powerdrain/group mana regen. -  There is little reason these days. At level 70 at min  you should have 5 form GEB, 3 from Poets Robe 12 from Prismatic ( at level 70 get a few peeps  and get it ) MIN of 20 in combat mana regen per tick  ( There is a  TON of more FT gear)
b) The AA  line will drop you  as mentioned

Casting times reduced - I agree Sort of
Its annoying to assist a tank on down arrow groups and not be able to get off you AoE nuke cause the mob is dead. The AA line mught help I always miss the spell going off by only  a smidge

Recast Times - They are not to bad  but id you reduced them then you'd be complainind about the first one again

The Ammo bag - IF we have to live with nill crystals  yes I agree but they are pretty stupid and should be removed all together

Int Buff - Nice thought but you hitthe int cap 9-% of the time in a group and get close Solo if you use potions

Range o DMG -  HEre you struck paydirt!  Is seems quite sily that our spells range from 10 - 5 bazillion dmg Be nice to move te bottom range up a good deal.

When you look at it,  IF we could get a decent package of these (castingtimes, recast , range of dmg)  It would help a lot with the other beef of being second tier DPS

Fyzzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
Mastire

Loremaster

Cowdenicus wrote:
Only time I ever run out of power is in a raid, in a 7+ min fight. Or when a mob power drains. Out HP > Mana spells work fine you just have to use them earlyer. And a manastone helps too. And qat level 70 with teh fury int buff on me I'm at 7.4k Mana.
We have 2 AE spells with a 4 second CAst time, 1 with a 5 second cast time. These spells are quite powerfull lower the cast time > amount of time waiting for a rez.
Use all your spells. You have enough to constenly cast damage spells. Recast times are fine
Get rid of them or make our spells to get them usefull.
An INT buff, please.
My int is maxed in alot of the time due to every other class getting an int buff. Try fighting an ornage mob with having + 40 to diruption. Then try fightign it with out that. You will notice a huge difference.
So nerf crit hits, so we hit harder? No thank you.

Feedback?

The main problem with a warlock is agro control. We have almost none. Changing conclave into a AE detaunt would help us out more then anything you suggest. And Nil cristals fix how we get them or get rid of them. Protoflame > Nethros. Evac >>>> Phantom Pillaging. Fusion = Rift. I don't see any real need for a warlock to have to use them.
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
Niun01

Loremaster

The agility AA's have helped me alot in the casting times and recast timers.  I personally have no complaints as of yet at 54. I stopped worrying about agro when i duo and kill as fast as I can.  And the xtra agility really does help when I do get it.  Grouped, I use boney and chains and nuke till it hurts.  I don't need utility spells, Its do or die, its the warlock way.  Heck, we get Null Caress..  nothing like porting a group of mobs to your feet.  We are ment to be agro masters, it makes us stronger and adds that spice that is missing in most classes.Isio, 54 Warlock
Old 05-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
enrique_to

Hi All.

Less power : Agree but that's not a real problem.
Less Cast and Recast Time: Agree And that's a problem. But I think it would be enougth to make Agi AA line better. Reducing far more the Cast and recast times.

Int buff: I love to have this buff. I do not undestand why they remove us that buf SMILEY we are not overpowered. We are not the top DPS class. We are not even close to that. Why they nef us this way? Please. Give us a Int buff and some good util Spell please.

But Real problem is Agroo Control. We should have  a really good agroo managment tool.

And I would like to see a real demon pet or swarm of pets like necromancer or sumoners ones.

We do not need a quiver of nill cristal. We need Dev to remove from the game that's tedious Nill cristals... They only are a stupid form of making the warlock live even hardest.

Message Edited by enrique_tome on 05-03-2006 07:46 AM

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
Kytraan

Loremaster

I have to agree with those who have said agro is our biggest difficulty. The concussion spell hits the next mob we nuke with a de-agro. It would help if it affected every mob we hit if we used an AoE (absolution, or possibly rift if we have time?) to trigger it. Being able to put nil crystals into the ammo slot, or into a bag in the ammo slot is actually a great idea. This would work for all character types that use these generated spell components that don’t otherwise use that slot. Whether it’s my Paladin and the devout essences, or the conjurer with the softly glowing pearls (?) they purchase for Call of Hero. Asking for this might get some attention because it could positively affect many classes at the same time. I am currently working on the AGI line to reduce timers, but I’m not far enough down it to see any real affect.
Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
Burnout

Loremaster

the mana thing: have around 7k mana on raid, and i'm one of the last caster to go oom = no issue for methe cast time thing: no issue too, with lu23 proc chances are adjusted by cast-timers. and for raids cast-timers are acceptable - most time you get them reduced by bard buff. for grp-play, the cast times are little... long - ok. but as i raid 95% of my time...the nil crystal thingie: anoying ok - but no real painthe aggro thingie: well... as any major dd - we have to keep it in mind. concussion btw. spreads ae if triggered by an ae.for aa's - depends on your playstyle...
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
MugnMo

General

Burnout wrote:
the aggro thingie: well... as any major dd - we have to keep it in mind. concussion btw. spreads ae if triggered by an ae.

I thought this was not the case...has it been changed?

Najena
MugnMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
Fat T

Loremaster

I believe concussion is applied to your next cast whether it be an ae or single target, not sure if it spreads to each mob on an ae though.

I would like an ae aggro reducer even if it has a long recast and a long term dot (1 minute) to help maintain a some-what consistancy in our dps.

Power has never really been an issue for myself, I'm usually one of the last in the group/raid to run oop.  Though I don't quite understand why distortion just doesn't have a lower power consumption rather than cost then return.
Cast times are fine, I can really spare the extra aggro from being able to get off all my spells in a 10 second period.
No INT buff needed, every other class has that anyway~
Nil Crystals need to go.
Oasis
Fat T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:50 AM   #12
Soul_Dreamer

Loremaster

MugnMobs wrote:

Burnout wrote:
the aggro thingie: well... as any major dd - we have to keep it in mind. concussion btw. spreads ae if triggered by an ae.

I thought this was not the case...has it been changed?

in the Description of concussion it says "Target" not "encounter". It has been and will always be just the one mob that is affected by the agro reduction until SOE change the spell.

The starter here is asking for alot, all most warlocks want is agro reduction that works. There are only 2 ways to do this....
A) Give warlocks a constant deagro buff, one they can cast on the MT (Opposite of amends , the MT gets a certain % of our hate) or one that they just cast and is always there. 
B) Give warlocks Concussive wave (Encounter based version of concussive) and leave wizards with Concussive since that was who it was designed for.

An increase in our minimum damage would be good though, there is almost 1000 damage difference on some of our spells between min and max damage.

Warlocks have been ignored for far too long and I have never seen a Dev reply to our boards. Why not just do a /feedback ingame and tell them what you think we need not just endlessly talk about it here.

Message Edited by Soul_Dreamer on 05-07-2006 05:53 PM

Knights of the White Shield - Splitpaw

Soul_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote