EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
Galldora

Loremaster

Am I missing something with the new vampiric mirror?  It doesn't look like much at all to me.  Nice smoke effect, but I sure wish there was a mirror there too.  I've tried placing one of the Ironforge faction mirrors under it, but I lose the smoke effect.  Same thing with placing a portrait under it.  Maybe this looks better on dark walls?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Arastir

Loremaster

I wasn't too impressed with it either.  Very glad I made a second run through for the Circlet of the Dead reward.

Arastir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
kiyokobabygirl

Beckett MOG

The description says that it doesn't reflect vampires, but it doesn't mention that it doesn't reflect anything at all and just shows the item behind it instead. Looks more like a door then a mirror. =/ 

Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
Crymsyn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Phoenix Legion

Loremaster

It's certainly NOT a mirror. But I see lots of possibilities with it.. such as the front glass for a fishtank (as was already posted by someone). I'm running all my alts through to stock up! 

Old 10-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Eveningsong

Tester

Given the name, I never expected it to be an actual mirror SMILEY  Its a neat looking effect, although unfortunately it doesn't show to its best advantage on a wooden wall.  But I think it has lots of wonderful potential uses, and we have been asking for panes of glass for aquariums for ages now SMILEY.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Zabjade

Loremaster

It can also work as a forcefield to keep people out of certain areas of your house and guildhall just expand it across the door. (ATM I have mine on the cellar door so I don't wander in, the new larger wine racks have lagged me soo bad it has crashed the game and even caused a comp reset or two on me.) I may use it as a fishtank later on once they fix the racks and I can re-add over half of the winewracks.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Galldora

Loremaster

Good uses for the mirror, guys!  Yes, true, we HAVE been asking for glass and these should work well for that purpose, and I love the forcefield idea too!

PS  I wasn't expecting it to be a regular mirror, but, given the fact that our characters came out of the mirror in the haunted mansion, I thought perhaps it would reflect our character back as a vampire or something!  I was a bit disappointed....but only with this one item.  On the whole, I think this is the very best Night of the Dead celebration ever!)

Old 10-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
Anordil
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: The Order of the Silver Tree

Loremaster

Ah, you're overlooking the description:

A Vampiric Mirror:

This mirror does not reflect vampires... Past or Present.

SMILEY

Anordil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
Qandor

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Ah, you're overlooking the description:

A Vampiric Mirror:

This mirror does not reflect vampires... Past or Present.

It doesn't reflect anything past or present. Unless by chance every single item in our hall was once a vampire including the chairs. There is no mirror. It is the ironforge ornate mirror frame with a whiff of smoke instead of a mirror. Personally I think it is a poor excuse for a quest reward.

Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Galldora

Loremaster

I would have enjoyed this mirror more if the fog effect were just a bit more pronounced and would still show when you placed something under the mirror.  However, that would mess it up for use as glass for aquariums...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

I added that as a reward basically for those of you (mostly on this forum hehe) who would like to try to recreate the effect in the Haunted Mansion.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Galldora

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I added that as a reward basically for those of you (mostly on this forum hehe) who would like to try to recreate the effect in the Haunted Mansion.

Thank you, and I don't mean to be whining about a quest reward () particularly from a quest that had two rewards anyway. 

I'm having trouble seeing the smoke effect at all on the guild hall walls in Qeynos, though.  (I don't think it's my settings, but I'll check them.)  Maybe I need to take the mirror to a darker location and see how it looks...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
Gzelle

Loremaster

A great addition it was too!!!  Thank you - I have put mine to use:

Skitle, Gracy - AB
Gzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Valentina
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: House of Fallen Shadows

Loremaster

Very cool. Nice to see how it's being used! SMILEY
Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
cajun11s

Loremaster

That looks great Gracey!  **runs to add aquarium glass**

Edited for spelling

cajun11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #16
Galldora

Loremaster

Yep, yep, on darker walls the smoke shows up quite well.   I imagine, however, that my mirrors will be used for aquarium glass anyway!

The mirror works great for your aquarium , Gzelle. 

Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Mythal_EQ2

Loremaster

Try putting it over a painting too for a cool "animated" retouching on it... Subtle effect, but fun SMILEY

D.

Mythal_EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #18
Lillaanya

Loremaster

Hehe I rebuilt my aquarium as well soon as I got this "mirror" to use it.  It's defiantely perfect for the job SMILEY

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #19
cajun11s

Loremaster

Ohhhh!  Brilliant idea Mythal -- I am going to try that out on a few pics!

cajun11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
valkry

Gnombie!!

Gninja wrote:

Silly Gninja, we don't RECREATE stuff, we take stuff that should be used one way & use it someway completely different to make a fireplace, or fish tank, or complete Gnomish Electologial (GE brand registered trademark) home entertainment system....

But we <3 <3 <3 you for giving us new toys & the 'window' has been a fantasy of ours for a while.

<3 You so much, Gnombie will save nom'ing on your smart crafty brains till Monday at least.

valkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #21
Jehanne

Loremaster

I used one to make a fae fireplace tonight.  I love this quest reward.  Now to find something else to do with the rest of them!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:37 AM   #22
wullailhuit

Loremaster

It's certainly NOT a mirror. But I see lots of possibilities with it.. such as the front glass for a fishtank (as was already posted by someone). I'm running all my alts through to stock up! 

If you click on the door you re-get the quest and can do it multiple times on the same character

Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #23
Kamimura

Loremaster

I think it's a pretty neat reward. I placed it over the painting of Velious Mourns in my waden's bathroom, it gives a pretty neat effect. I also used it as a barrier in another home, which has an unfinished/private room. I'm pretty interested in putting them to use as a fishtank soon as well.. SMILEY

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #24
Sapphirius

Loremaster

I LOVE the Vampiric Mirror and hope it never changes. I'm in the process of getting one for each of my characters, and the first thing I'm building with it is shower doors for my inquisitor's house. I'm also using them as arena walls for my tavern's Night of the Dead tournament. I'll post screenshots of both when they're done.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #25
Kissa
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

wullailhuit wrote:

If you click on the door you re-get the quest and can do it multiple times on the same character

You can do the quest multiple times, but you can only get the mirror once per character

Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #26
Elorah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

wullailhuit wrote:

You can do the quest multiple times, but you can only get the mirror once per character

Not quite true... 

I did the LP haunted house with my monk 2 times on Day 1.  I went in last night to mentor my sons character and I was given the quest with the mirror as the reward again.  I thought perhaps I missed this character when doing the HH twice.  I got the mirror and went home.  Sure enough, she now has 2..

Not sure how, but she does...

Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
Jehanne

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

wullailhuit wrote:

This is incorrect.  I got 2 mirrors on one character last night.  The secret was to go home and get rid of the first mirror before going back into the haunted mansion - that gives you the option to select the mirror again.  But if you're still carrying the first mirror you won't be given the option to get a second one.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #28
Sapphirius

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

This is incorrect.  I got 2 mirrors on one character last night.  The secret was to go home and get rid of the first mirror before going back into the haunted mansion - that gives you the option to select the mirror again.  But if you're still carrying the first mirror you won't be given the option to get a second one.

WooHoo! /runs off to do it again

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #29
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

Ooh, I'm so gonna redo that quest then. What with the scaling furniture, and so many quality new items I got a hankering to get into decorating.

So far each character has one, but I've only used them as an appealing border to the plain house-to-guild-hall-door.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #30
Elorah

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

wullailhuit wrote:

This is incorrect. I got 2 mirrors on one character last night. The secret was to go home and get rid of the first mirror before going back into the haunted mansion - that gives you the option to select the mirror again. But if you're still carrying the first mirror you won't be given the option to get a second one.

Ahhh that is how I got it...   I will have to redo it on all my characters a few more times SMILEY