EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #31
Vieray

Loremaster

MystsofLedge12 wrote:

Someone beat me to the Ninja Nerf!!!! 

Either someone dropped the ball on patch notes, or its an update that may or may not upset a lot of people.

This seems mostly likely..this patch is going to make people mad so we just won't tell them what we did.  That way our anger will be as a monkey in a piñata, hiding with the candy, hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!!  Or perhaps it is more like when a kid hides under a blanket because if he can't see the monster the monster can't get him...and we are the monster and not posting the patch notes is the blanket or something like that...yup that could work.

Vieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #32
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Vieray wrote:

MystsofLedge12 wrote:

Someone beat me to the Ninja Nerf!!!! 

Either someone dropped the ball on patch notes, or its an update that may or may not upset a lot of people.

This seems mostly likely..this patch is going to make people mad so we just won't tell them what we did.  That way our anger will be as a monkey in a piñata, hiding with the candy, hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!!  Or perhaps it is more like when a kid hides under a blanket because if he can't see the monster the monster can't get him...and we are the monster and not posting the patch notes is the blanket or something like that...yup that could work.

Brilliant.  

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
Leawyn

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The joke. It sailed over your head.

You said they patched today.

I downloaded nothing.

You know, they can and do take the servers down to do stuff like reboot, inspect hardware, etc and whatnot. They don't always have to patch, and that lovely terms of service ya'll agreed to said that there wouldn't HAVE to be constant access.

That said, this complaint comes up every single time the server comes down. Everyone always insists that it only comes down for a patch. If they patched, great. If not, no big deal.

Also, they've mentioned this before.... if they're hotfixing exploits, they often do not have patch notes on it. They don't want people finding out widely what was done and how. They're not required to tell you anything. Just so you know.

Um... the new horse was a joke... you know, haha, funny? He wasn't serious about them adding a new horse.

Anyway, even if they were patching exploits, they can say "Bug fixes were applied for several exploits." bam... patch notes without giving away exploits.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
DuneWarrior

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

They bothered to add a message that says there is a Patch WITH notes, put a link in it to the patch notes forum, but didn't add any patch notes .... that is the comical part.

Yes, I am the one that posted that the servers were coming down.

I am terribly sorry that someone did not post the patch notes.

Just to explain a bit, since this has come up in the past - someone on the development side usually posts the patch notes and I post the downtime notification for players. That is why they are separated. I will check with them and see what the patch notes were and get some info posted for everyone.

+2 hours later ...

DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #35
MystsofLedge12

Lord

A reply to the red name... how about some one at SOE decide to share info internally, maybe this may not happen in the future, that is if in fact changes were made.

as for the reboot of the server they need fresh hamster changeout time anyhow.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #36
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Isulith wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

They bothered to add a message that says there is a Patch WITH notes, put a link in it to the patch notes forum, but didn't add any patch notes .... that is the comical part.

Yes, I am the one that posted that the servers were coming down.

I am terribly sorry that someone did not post the patch notes.

Just to explain a bit, since this has come up in the past - someone on the development side usually posts the patch notes and I post the downtime notification for players. That is why they are separated. I will check with them and see what the patch notes were and get some info posted for everyone.

+2 hours later ...

At least she responded and did tell us she would look into it. Dont bite head off the messenger, when she clearly did her job by posting about patch, it was another area as she stated that didnt post notes....

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #37
Bunji

Build Master

There were no player facing changes with this downtime which is why no patch notes were listed.  The downtime was for some database maintenance.  I can put up patch notes that mention this in the future to prevent confusion.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #38
Miapa

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

There were no player facing changes with this downtime which is why no patch notes were listed.  The downtime was for some database maintenance.  I can put up patch notes that mention this in the future to prevent confusion.

I for one would like that =)

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Aest wrote:

How about you all read the post before posting nonsense that has nothing to do with it?

No one is asking why the servers are down, people are asking what is being patched.

why do you care?

if it had to do with the game there would be notes . if they are patching  sever side stuff  you dont need to know anything other then the servers will be down .

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #40
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

Bunji - I decided to help out and write them for you as a copy and paste for future reference.

"The hamsters needed a break, staff needed a bio, nothing much else to report, brb."

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #41
Hennyo

Loremaster

When servers patch and there is a slightly extended down time and there are no patch notes, it has ALWAYS been a combination of one or two things. First server maintenance, and second, exploit fixes. Throughout all of SOE's history with eq2, they have never at any point put in patch notes for even half of the exploit fixes they have done.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #42
ObsidianNightmare

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

Really?  Seriously???  Really?  I mean how long have you been doing this and you do not understand that DOWNTIME itself is a player facing change?

If your product experiences a service interruption planned or unplanned.. it is viewed as a player facing issue/change and should ALWAYS be addressed by FULL and VISIBLE NOTICE when possible. Emergency fixes are one thing.. but it looks like you knew this was coming.

Why am I acting as tho I am shocked.

ObsidianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #43
Filox
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Heritage of the Phoenix

Loremaster

ObsidianNightmare wrote:

Wow I have been away for a while and I come back to a community like this? You guys are really bickering about no patch notes on a maintenece day. Even if there was something downloaded or not what the heck is the big deal. The devs just said it was nothing important, so just end it already. Do you think they nerfed your toon or something? come on!

Filox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #44
Elskidor

Loremaster

Thylus wrote:

ObsidianNightmare wrote:

Wow I have been away for a while and I come back to a community like this? You guys are really bickering about no patch notes on a maintenece day. Even if there was something downloaded or not what the heck is the big deal. The devs just said it was nothing important, so just end it already. Do you think they nerfed your toon or something? come on!

Game is too boring to log onto so we enjoy spending our days on the message board where interesting things happen from time to time. Oh and they have been sliding in plenty of ninja nerfs so that would not be surprising at all.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #45
vexrm

Loremaster

Thylus wrote:

ObsidianNightmare wrote:

Yes. They have flat out said they won't post notes they know will upset the community. Many changes have slipped through that were insanely big. This is why no release notes freak people out.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #46
WanyenII

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Bunji wrote:

Bunji - I decided to help out and write them for you as a copy and paste for future reference.

"The hamsters needed a break, staff needed a bio, nothing much else to report, brb."

.. and the hired hands who clean the cages are striking for better working conditions.  Dirty, stinkin hamsters...

WanyenII is offline   Reply With Quote