EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
Gaige

Loremaster

Cratoh wrote:

No it shouldn't be for sale - it is a pq rune, they are gotten from doing pqs. 

Well, then they should suck, like the rest of the PQ rewards.  Putting a top 10 melee adorn on a PQ was silly.  We need another way of acquiring the greater wild swings adorn.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #32
HBP

Loremaster

Between my four alts , each of them have around 50-70 cloudy jewels with no real reason to use them for faction anymore.  So, yah, it would be real nice if we could use them for something else.  Purchasing the pq adorns would be a great idea. 

HBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #33
gatrm

Loremaster

Using cloudy jewels to purchase them would be nice.  Making them and the raid dropped war runes heirloom would be nice.  Increasing their drop rate would be nice.  I have not counted the pq's I have done, but across 5 toons, I have managed only two of the adornments since launch of DoV- at the very least the drop rate needs to be adjusted up.

How bout making it like the lore and legend items, where the more of a mob you kill the more likely it is to drop l&l piece.  The more pq's that character plays, the more likely it is to get the adorn, there must be a way to track how many events since an adorn dropped and factor it into the RNG.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #34
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

a red name response to this would be nice..

Old 07-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #35
Sedenten

Loremaster

What sucks the most is when you finally get one of these adornments and then upgrade the item you adorn, then need to go pull your hair out and rely on the RNG to get another adornment for your upgrade

Put the runes up for sale for ~30 cloudy velium jewels a piece (even 50 would be fine).  At 30, that would be a minimum of 8 days worth of PQ's (at 4 cloudy jewels per day) to get one.  Also, consider making the jewels HEIRLOOM so that I can play any of my alts for these PQ's and contribute to what I need for my main.  That way I'm not getting so bored always playing the same character each and every PQ if I'm only really after a rune for one character in particular.

The cloudy velium merchants are already in place--just toss the adornments (plus any other assortment of items) on those merchants.  You could even split the adornments up across the multiple factions and tack on a required amount of faction before you can purchase them.  That would add to the cost and add an extra dynamic to the situation.  

That way, Cloudy Velium Jewels would retain usefulness and provide an alternative (and more reliable) way to gain these adornments without destroying the spirit of PQ's for some people.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #36
circusgirl

Loremaster

They should place the adornments on the various faction merchants for a cost of 10pp and 30 cloudy velium jewels for a red adorn and 15 cloudy velium jewels for a yellow adorn.  In order to purchase any adornment, you must have already looted it from the PQ.  This will keep high-level players doing the PQ, but will remove some of the annoying randomness.

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #37
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

PLEASE listen to at least one or some of the ideas in this thread and do somethign about the Runes......  

Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #38
Gilli
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Mithril Web

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'd love to know why healers do not get the option to take the aoe rune, since it doesn't have a class restriction?

I would love it for soloing and when I can do some dps on easymode raids, yet I'm being denied access to the rune - if it was class restricted I could understand, but it isn't.

i agree with this as well.. My inquis would like to use it... IF IT EVER DROPPED,, please put them on a vendor

My enchanter wanted wide swings the moment he saw it, for he goes down the STR line already has 24% AE attack.  Instead, he can choose from useless mana back and nearly useless stifle resists.  I also agree these should be more available, but I'd care more if I could actually get one I wanted.  As it is I have a pile of silly runes in my bag, mocking me.

Gilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #39
Felshades

Loremaster

Cratoh wrote:

Why shouldn't you have to group with what you clearly see as inferior players? It is a public quest, with rewards that only come from public quests. Deal with it, if you want the rune do the PQ and [Removed for Content] it up if you are with the commoners. My main is geared pretty sweet mix of normal and HM raid gear, I don't care at all about who I group with on pqs.

It wouldn't be so bad if the things would actually drop.

I havent seen a rune of any type in several MONTHS now.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #40
Angelann

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

What [Removed for Content] the most is when you finally get one of these adornments and then upgrade the item you adorn, then need to go pull your hair out and rely on the RNG to get another adornment for your upgrade

Put the runes up for sale for ~30 cloudy velium jewels a piece (even 50 would be fine).  At 30, that would be a minimum of 8 days worth of PQ's (at 4 cloudy jewels per day) to get one.  Also, consider making the jewels HEIRLOOM so that I can play any of my alts for these PQ's and contribute to what I need for my main.  That way I'm not getting so bored always playing the same character each and every PQ if I'm only really after a rune for one character in particular.

The cloudy velium merchants are already in place--just toss the adornments (plus any other assortment of items) on those merchants.  You could even split the adornments up across the multiple factions and tack on a required amount of faction before you can purchase them.  That would add to the cost and add an extra dynamic to the situation.  

That way, Cloudy Velium Jewels would retain usefulness and provide an alternative (and more reliable) way to gain these adornments without destroying the spirit of PQ's for some people.

This would fix what has become a frustrating issue for many, many players.  I might add that you still be required to "unlock" the rune in the first place by actually looting one before you are given the option to purchase one using cloudy velium jewels in the future.

This is the way it works with War Runes, so there is absolutely no reason why it can't/shouldn't work the same way for the PQ runes.

Angelann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #41
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

/wave... Hi there dev peoples !

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote