EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #511
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I am still in two minds about the move.  But in my opinion, no-one could be worse than SoE is currently!

Looking at the Alaplaya forums, SoE could also learn alot about communication.  At least "Coldor" seems to be interested in answering questions and concerns.

In answer to folks in the UK concerns about the playsafe cards, it would appear that you can buy/pay via Paypoint.

So for me, down in Cornwall, I can visit alot of filling stations, newsagenets etc to pay (actually better than SoE)!

Link for the playsafe card site: http://www.paysafecard.com/uk/uk-paysafecard/

My Search for Truro

TBH more I read, the more I am looking forward to showing SoE the "bird" and moving to PSS or GW2

that is a good option for payment im sure soe could of run it though lol

giving soe the bird well

I say better the devil you know (being soe) than the devil you dont(pss1)

and as it was put sign or quit

so most will just decide if its a devil i will be with then i pick and that might be niether soe/pss1

With the i am alright jack attitude: if i can switch to soe on relocating to the usa with smooth transition having all mirrored and deleating my pss1 account if i pick to even make one (details and all )

i pick the devil i know(soe)

if not i go shoping for a new devil who knows might find one that has not learned this method of ignoring customers yet lol

ps: before you say it yes i know that the game will be effected by this deal in many ways

players that play by earning game time through plats/ people actully wanting to offer this service, other things like will i be able to get a groupp, will i be able to get items crafted for me the list goes on and on

but remember soe will say

PLAY IT YOUR WAY

and even with looking at the i am all right jack method will just really purspone the inevitable in the future

that i fear will be play it are way or get out

*Please do not quote forum violations*

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #512
shadowedwolf

Loremaster
shadowedwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 299
Default

It bothers me that Colder or whatever his name is happens to be more willing to talk than anyone on SoE's end. It reminds me of being a kid and asking your parents a question. Ones goes, 'I don't know, I'll get back to you,' while the other answers to your heart's content... Then later you find out they were only half right... If they were even right to begin with. I've a feeling that Colder is so willing to answer to prove PSS1 isn't that bad, and to try and prevent the Euro pop from shrinking even more... Though I still wouldn't touch them with my enemy's 10 foot pole if I were still stationed in Germany. Then again, maybe I wouldn't have had to deal with them... But since something so simple and obvious as those who work/travel abroad was over-looked... Who knows what will happen? Not that it matters to me... I have stated before I won't be giving soe another dime. I do, however, plan to keep watch to see how SoE and PSS1 deal with the fallout...
__________________
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/w...ina150X500.jpg" border="0" width="500" height="100" >
shadowedwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #513
Despak

Loremaster
Despak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 424
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tallisman wrote:

Responses on this thread appear to have slowed somewhat... just an observation.

*Please do not quote forum violations*

Or we can't see anyone being worse than SOE

Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #514
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tallisman wrote:

Responses on this thread appear to have slowed somewhat... just an observation.

*Please do not quote forum violations*

Or we can't see anyone being worse than SOE

There is always some one worse that is a fact

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #515
RandomStream

Tester
RandomStream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 90
Default

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I assume SOE will be complying with the law in all countries affected by the PSS1 agreement.  This will include not passing sensitve personal information such as my user name and password to PSS1 (and its computers). 

So how do I log in from my PSS1 account ? As permitting access to my account confirms my user mane and password, and passes the information to PSS1.

And how do SOE know if it is me trying to log in anyway?

There will be a process where you will create a ProSiebenSat.1 account and associate it with your former account. We won't pass any sensitive data without you going through this process.

Hi Piestro

I have not made my points clearly enough.

1) Under UK law, the person to whom the data refers decides if it is sensitive personal information.  Unless I expressly give my consent to that data being passed to a third party the data holder may not pass it to the third party.  So what is sensitive  personal information.  The following might be:

- My name

- My credit card details

- My account name

- My account password

- That I play MMORPGs

I am sure you will have no difficulty agreeing the first two are personal and sensitive; you tell me to keep the next two secret so I assume you regard them sensitive and they are certainly personal.  "That I play MMORPGs", surely not!  But I know people who reagard D&D as a device of the Devil,  I would be suprised if they were not happy to include EQ2 as well.  I may well wish those people not to know that I play MMORPGs, so it too is sensitive personal information.  You may not pass any of that information to PSS1.  Strictly speaking you may not do it in a manner that allows me to be identified, so you could pass one, but only one of, my name, my account name or my password to PSS1.

One way you would pass this data to PSS1 is by accepting a log in from PSS1 from a PSS1 account using my (SOE) account name and my (SOE) account password.  So even letting me log in through PSS1 passes sensitive personal data to PSS1.  (In the present computing world it is possible to attempt to obtain this information by having some system deny it until they do not)

2) If you allow me to log in through PSS1 using only my acccount name, you have you have no way of knowing if I am the person who set up the SOE account or some body who happens to have chosen that name when they set up a PSS1 account.

RandomStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #516
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

OMG!!!!!!!!!! so this will not be pay to win like pss1 style in other games yet i just got an in game mail marketplace evolution poll health potion: how do you feel about selling health potions if it could be used in groups or raids question is is it like the lon one they gave out, but 100% health 5 charges continued use etc as in pay to win this now raises the issue of is this the way to go i might be wrong by there poll but it smells like pss1 style on other games so question is this poll now in to see if players want pay to win or am i looking into it to deep

And this maybe removed for trolling but i see it as a marketing thing that may well be one of the fears of this deal by many that do not want to sign up to pss1

well if it is your fears guys/gals then if it is a pay to win then it will be regardless of  company that this deal may have started from the euro partner of soe being pss1

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #517
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

Ragnaphore wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I posted the same list of questions (see earlier post of mine here) on the Alaplaya forums.  Piestro gave a few vague answers (especially about the transition period which I think IS relevant NOW, not just nearer the time), but Coldor at Alaplaya (credit where credit is due, however cynical you want to be about his motives to win us over) has answered more fully

EQ2Rat wrote:The lack of game cards at the start sucks.

I have answerd that before. We will not have "that" game cards in the beginning. But we have so many different payment options to choose from, that I think, there will be something for everyone. A similiar payment option to the game cards we have is called "Paysafe Card", which you can buy nearly at every gasstation or shop with real cash. So no digital payment infos are needed. Can't give you all the details now. We will share info on payment options asap and before the transition of DCUO.

See, that's the problem, those "paysafe cards" might be available in Germany but certainly not in most of Europe and nowhere near where I live even if we have our share of gas stations/shops....

After a few minutes investigation these cards are available any where you see a yellow Pay Point sign - which are absolutely everywhere in the UK.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #518
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

Wurm wrote:

Station Cash: What is going to be the exchange rate when the IP Lock goes live? How will the new "Euro Cash" work on a US Server?

I asked these one back near the start of this thread and Brasse answered:

"The account currency will be converted because ProSiebenSat.1 will want to tie it more with local currency rather than the US dollar. This makes promotions, specials and sales much easier to manage. We've always had issues with maintaining reasonable exchange rates, as past feedback from players has pointed out. At the time of transition, your SC balance will result in an equivalent grant in the ProSieben currency on your account. That way, if you are still playing another game that has not transitioned, you'll also still have your SC on the SOE account as well."

"In theory, as a ProSiebenSat.1 customer, you will see the ProSiebenSat.1 interface and Marketplace on any server, which really should look just like the US version, only with different currency."

Thats as much as we've got so far, but at least Brasse answers more verbosely and informally than Piestro.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #519
Ragnaphore

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 715
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Ragnaphore wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I posted the same list of questions (see earlier post of mine here) on the Alaplaya forums.  Piestro gave a few vague answers (especially about the transition period which I think IS relevant NOW, not just nearer the time), but Coldor at Alaplaya (credit where credit is due, however cynical you want to be about his motives to win us over) has answered more fully

EQ2Rat wrote:The lack of game cards at the start sucks.

I have answerd that before. We will not have "that" game cards in the beginning. But we have so many different payment options to choose from, that I think, there will be something for everyone. A similiar payment option to the game cards we have is called "Paysafe Card", which you can buy nearly at every gasstation or shop with real cash. So no digital payment infos are needed. Can't give you all the details now. We will share info on payment options asap and before the transition of DCUO.

See, that's the problem, those "paysafe cards" might be available in Germany but certainly not in most of Europe and nowhere near where I live even if we have our share of gas stations/shops....

After a few minutes investigation these cards are available any where you see a yellow Pay Point sign - which are absolutely everywhere in the UK.

Well, that's nice for those living in the UK then but I live neither in the UK nor in Germany.

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #520
dawy

Loremaster
dawy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,373
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Ragnaphore wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I posted the same list of questions (see earlier post of mine here) on the Alaplaya forums.  Piestro gave a few vague answers (especially about the transition period which I think IS relevant NOW, not just nearer the time), but Coldor at Alaplaya (credit where credit is due, however cynical you want to be about his motives to win us over) has answered more fully

EQ2Rat wrote:The lack of game cards at the start sucks.

I have answerd that before. We will not have "that" game cards in the beginning. But we have so many different payment options to choose from, that I think, there will be something for everyone. A similiar payment option to the game cards we have is called "Paysafe Card", which you can buy nearly at every gasstation or shop with real cash. So no digital payment infos are needed. Can't give you all the details now. We will share info on payment options asap and before the transition of DCUO.

See, that's the problem, those "paysafe cards" might be available in Germany but certainly not in most of Europe and nowhere near where I live even if we have our share of gas stations/shops....

After a few minutes investigation these cards are available any where you see a yellow Pay Point sign - which are absolutely everywhere in the UK.

If i read their FAQ right then after 12 months there is a £2 monthly fee for using it the mind boggles.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #521
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

[email protected] wrote:

2) If you allow me to log in through PSS1 using only my acccount name, you have you have no way of knowing if I am the person who set up the SOE account or some body who happens to have chosen that name when they set up a PSS1 account.

This one is a good question:

When we skip eagerly over to PSS1 and make our new accounts there and request the SOE link up our EQ2 accounts with it, how will SOE ensure that we are who we say we are and not a hacker with the details trying to grab that raiding account and plat? 

Just knowing the account name and password seems insecure given that many account stealers may well be lurking with their password list just waiting to grab our accounts at transfer because it will be the easiest way to do it.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #522
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Wurm wrote:

Station Cash: What is going to be the exchange rate when the IP Lock goes live? How will the new "Euro Cash" work on a US Server?

I asked these one back near the start of this thread and Brasse answered:

"The account currency will be converted because ProSiebenSat.1 will want to tie it more with local currency rather than the US dollar. This makes promotions, specials and sales much easier to manage. We've always had issues with maintaining reasonable exchange rates, as past feedback from players has pointed out. At the time of transition, your SC balance will result in an equivalent grant in the ProSieben currency on your account. That way, if you are still playing another game that has not transitioned, you'll also still have your SC on the SOE account as well."

"In theory, as a ProSiebenSat.1 customer, you will see the ProSiebenSat.1 interface and Marketplace on any server, which really should look just like the US version, only with different currency."

Thats as much as we've got so far, but at least Brasse answers more verbosely and informally than Piestro.

Well that means my 5000+ SC points will only be worth 3800+ PSS1 points and I'm sorry that is not acceptable.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #523
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

Ragnaphore wrote:

Well, that's nice for those living in the UK then but I live neither in the UK nor in Germany.

Lol - feel free to look em up yourself - I only looked up for the UK cos thats where I am and also the poster I replied to.  Seems like its largely Europe-wide:

http://www.paysafecard.com/uk/buy/sales-outlets/

The fee does suck tho, but at least its an anonymous payment option.  I've been nagging PSS1 to get game cards sorted ASAP.  Hopefully there will be other payment options available to us (like game cards) after a year.

And BTW, I'm not supporting this deal or SOE/PSS1 in any way (I burst into tears when I read the new FAQ - and I'm 40!), but I doubt that anything significant will change now - all we can do is make sure the DETAILS are the best we can so it doesn't get any worse (which yes, it can).  I am simply trying to help my fellow guildies and other players find ways to make this as tolerable and secure as possible, and to make sure that ALL questions are asked and acted on satisfactorily, for those of us who decide to continue playing EQ2 with PSS1 because we can't bear to give up our game/guilds/friendships. 

Some say that people (probably including myself) who choose to keep playing are stupid, naive, throwing away our dignity or whatever other insults you want to throw at us, but our choice to stay, if we make it, is our choice the same as yours is to go.  We have a common 'enemy' to rage against, not each other.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #524
dawy

Loremaster
dawy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,373
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Ragnaphore wrote:

Well, that's nice for those living in the UK then but I live neither in the UK nor in Germany.

Lol - feel free to look em up yourself - I only looked up for the UK cos thats where I am and also the poster I replied to.  Seems like its largely Europe-wide:

http://www.paysafecard.com/uk/buy/sales-outlets/

The fee does suck tho, but at least its an anonymous payment option.  I've been nagging PSS1 to get game cards sorted ASAP.

And BTW, I'm not supporting this deal or SOE/PSS1 in any way (I burst into tears when I read the new FAQ - and I'm 40!), but I doubt that anything significant will change now - all we can do is make sure the DETAILS are the best we can so it doesn't get any worse (which yes, it can).  I am simply trying to help my fellow guildies and other players find ways to make this as tolerable and secure as possible, and to make sure that ALL questions are asked and acted on satisfactorily, for those of us who decide to continue playing EQ2 with PSS1 because we can't bear to give up our game/guilds/friendships. 

Some say that people (probably including myself) who choose to keep playing are stupid, naive, throwing away our dignity or whatever other insults you want to throw at us, but our choice to stay, if we make it, is our choice the same as yours is to go.  We have a common 'enemy' to rage against, not each other.

Wouldnt critisise anyone for staying but you may well be playing on emptier servers than now and that saddens me.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #525
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Some say that people (probably including myself) who choose to keep playing are stupid, naive, throwing away our dignity or whatever other insults you want to throw at us, but our choice to stay, if we make it, is our choice the same as yours is to go.  We have a common 'enemy' to rage against, not each other.

I want to keep hoping this is all a bad joke, but after figuring out how much SC I'm going to lose I'm planning on putting all the rest into a few months playing time to see the new content and then when its gone... so am I.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #526
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

Wurm wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Some say that people (probably including myself) who choose to keep playing are stupid, naive, throwing away our dignity or whatever other insults you want to throw at us, but our choice to stay, if we make it, is our choice the same as yours is to go.  We have a common 'enemy' to rage against, not each other.

I want to keep hoping this is all a bad joke, but after figuring out how much SC I'm going to lose I'm planning on putting all the rest into a few months playing time to see the new content and then when its gone... so am I.

I read it as: If we have 5000SC now we'll get 5000 PSS1 cash - its purchasing NEW currency that will be subject to local exchange rates rather than $1=100SC.  This could go either way as far as how much we get for our money depending on exchange rates.

Clarification on the SC transfer would be nice -  hinthint Brasse/Piestro.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #527
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

As I said before in regards to SC; the only fair thing they could do is make it a one to one transfer when this goes live. I doubt however thats going to happen.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #528
Thor

Loremaster
Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 80
Default

Piestro, I get the feeling you dodge my question about account transfer and then access that account from Euorpe.So ok, it might be against EULA to transfer an account to another person so let me reword my question.You only have to answer Yes or No: Can someone who lives in Europe log in to an account that belongs to a person who lives in USA?

I guess it's too late now, but why didn't you let us choose who we wanted to sign up with? If Prosieben want us Euros as customer, they have to come up with a better deal and/or offer better service than SoE.

Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #529
morderir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9
Default

I was an french euro player playing eq1,eq2 ( eq1 since kunark,eq2 since launch).sadly  the current situation leave me no other choice.gone from  : 2 all access sub, 2 eq1 sub to  4 eq1 sub.if EQ1 ever go to  prosienben    it will go to 0 accountif any account/email etc  information is given to prosienben i will have to call my lawyer.and forget me for eqnext.( or any other soe/sony product)seriously, not studiyng the multiple problems this transaction caused  beforehand , and having to ask the player for ?i still can't believe it.... my account and my sub are my property and my  money , sorry they aren't for sales.,especialy for an totaly unknown entity in france. ( at least ubisoft was known )really sorry for the staff who have to endure the decision of the higher echelon. if i were an actionnary i will "axe for some heads".this choice have been badly thought and  i am afraid it will be more cost than benefits in future.if the decisions maker had made the decisons  to let the current account base full soe, let prosenbien take  on the the new players they should have got with their massive pub campaign and once everything was rolling , offer to transfert with some incensitive, they could have keep everybody happy. now i am afraid that all will be left in eu is an empty shell.anyway,goodbye eq2 and thanks  for the fish SMILEY

__________________
morderir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #530
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

Piestro wrote:

As has been stated before SOE will retain control of development of the game. EQII is a very different product than the products available via Alaplaya, and there is little to no relevance in what their other games offer to what EQII will offer.

How does this statement fly in light of the poll issued today?

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #531
Ginfress02

Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Some say that people (probably including myself) who choose to keep playing are stupid, naive, throwing away our dignity or whatever other insults you want to throw at us, but our choice to stay, if we make it, is our choice the same as yours is to go.  We have a common 'enemy' to rage against, not each other.

Nothing more then reasonable.

Ginfress02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #532
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Piestro wrote:

As has been stated before SOE will retain control of development of the game. EQII is a very different product than the products available via Alaplaya, and there is little to no relevance in what their other games offer to what EQII will offer.

How does this statement fly in light of the poll issued today?

It doesn't.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #533
Ginfress02

Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Wurm wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Piestro wrote:

As has been stated before SOE will retain control of development of the game. EQII is a very different product than the products available via Alaplaya, and there is little to no relevance in what their other games offer to what EQII will offer.

How does this statement fly in light of the poll issued today?

It doesn't.

It fits perfect for the way pss1 runs their games. Wonder how long it will take to see weapons which will last for 30 days for (amount) SC! Or "Buy a character with level (number) for only (amount) SC." People warned this wouldn't happen.....yeah sure. Now it's a poll, next you know they sneak other stuff inside the shop.

Ginfress02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #534
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Thats as much as we've got so far, but at least Brasse answers more verbosely and informally than Piestro. 

While Brasse did give pretty direct answers to most everything tossed her way [Last Online: 04/01/2012 17:33:52 ] that was just to minimize the firestorm from blowing that thread into 1000 replies over the weekend, where is she now? Then you have Windstalker who has said absolutely nothing of real value since joining us, she was all over getting to come and make the announcement about crit mit being removed, and even with that being messed up when implemented, although fixed (except for a lingering DOT effect bug) the same day she didn't care enough to come in and update it at all, nor has she been back since. [Last Online: 03/19/2012 14:57:08]

Honestly it was hard to read past Brasse's opening line "My friends". I don't know who she was addressing, we are customers, not friends and it isn't much of a friend that says These people gave me $10 for you and I took it, now don't talk to me anymore and in the future if you have a problem take it up with them. I am not trying to be ugly towards you Brasse, I know you were told to handle the storm there an respond to whatever you could clarify, and you probably led off with "My friends" because you still have a connection to the playerbase, but in light of all things since Jan 12th I think it came across as condescending to most players, ESPECIALLY those that were sold off.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #535
Raislisa
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Taladega Knights
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Raislisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 31
Default

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Piestro wrote:

As has been stated before SOE will retain control of development of the game. EQII is a very different product than the products available via Alaplaya, and there is little to no relevance in what their other games offer to what EQII will offer.

How does this statement fly in light of the poll issued today?

Oh, i'm sure it will show all the Euro players saying yes. Then prowhatis get their p2w claws in, and if euro players on us servers can have them, it won't be fair, so all players will have to suffer.

__________________
Raislisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #536
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

Ginfress02 wrote:

It fits perfect for the way pss1 runs their games. Wonder how long it will take to see weapons which will last for 30 days for SC! Or "Buy a character with level for only SC. People warned this wouldn't happen.....yeah sure.

Weapons and gear will be available on or before Dec 31, 2012. Buying levels possibly sooner, afterall it takes no effort to get to 90 or get 320 AA, only time (the precedent was set with intent by that statement in december concerning research reduction potions). They will probably be 10 level advancers, so you can buy your way through whatever tiers you want to skip over, or get access to quicker.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #537
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

[email protected] wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Piestro wrote:

As has been stated before SOE will retain control of development of the game. EQII is a very different product than the products available via Alaplaya, and there is little to no relevance in what their other games offer to what EQII will offer.

How does this statement fly in light of the poll issued today?

Oh, i'm sure it will show all the Euro players saying yes. Then prowhatis get their p2w claws in, and if euro players on us servers can have them, it won't be fair, so all players will have to suffer.

Well that last I heard the EU players were excluded formthe polls to begin with "localization" was cited as the reason why.

Can anyone on Splitpaw/Storms confirm that they were given these polls, because to the best of my knowledge they were willfully excluded before.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #538
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster
Pipsissiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 300
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Honestly it was hard to read past Brasse's opening line "My friends". I don't know who she was addressing, we are customers, not friends and it isn't much of a friend that says These people gave me $10 for you and I took it, now don't talk to me anymore and in the future if you have a problem take it up with them. I am not trying to be ugly towards you Brasse, I know you were told to handle the storm there an respond to whatever you could clarify, and you probably led off with "My friends" because you still have a connection to the playerbase, but in light of all things since Jan 12th I think it came across as condescending to most players, ESPECIALLY those that were sold off.

 I can live with it, and it didn't sound condescending to me - seems a slightly petty thing to argue about - I'm way more interested in the content, or lack thereof, of what they are saying. 

Personally I would much rather a friendly and informal approach than blatent corporate doublespeak, jargon and spin, like the way the FAQ is worded. 

Remember, the Community Managers are also a players, and will have had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this deal - they may well be as angry as us, but aren't allowed to show it.  Picking their style apart at length like this isn't really offering anything constructive, although I understand your frustration.

__________________
Pipsissiwa Nezumi (Ms)

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"



"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #539
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Remember, the Community Managers are also a players, and will have had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this deal - they may well be as angry as us, but aren't allowed to show it.  Picking their style apart at length like this isn't really offering anything constructive, although I understand your frustration.

I made this same point in the previous thread, I said over and over that TPTB threw them under the bus.

If it sounded as if I was picking apart Brasse's approach that was not the intent, maybe I should have said we are customers of SOE not friends.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #540
Ragnaphore

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 715
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Can anyone on Splitpaw/Storms confirm that they were given these polls, because to the best of my knowledge they were willfully excluded before

 Storms got the polls except the 1st one. They weren't translated tho but I can live with that.

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.