EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Jaremai

Loremaster

Up until the beasties, I really haven't played a pet class so I apologize if this is common knowledge that has slipped from my grasp somehow.

Every time I die or my warder dies and gets resummoned, it has the options to Protect Me and Protect Itself turned on.  I turn them off.  Die again, they're turned on again.  I turn them off.

Is there some way to permanently turn them off? 

If we're playing in IK and I forget to turn them off, his little drake butt goes flapping off towards an incoming giant that made him mad with an AE and he really wants to have a conversation with the giant about it.  More often than not that leads to a dead drake because the warders are as sturdy as wet bathroom tissue in a wind tunnel.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Jaremai

Loremaster

Think I've answered my own question after doing some poking around.

Within Pet Options you can select/deselect Protect Me and whatnot, and supposedly that sticks for each time they are summoned.  If that is accurate, then hooray for technology.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Nrgy

Lord

Yup, you found it.  That setting is the Default for when a Pet class summons a pet/warder.  However, I will tell you in terms of Coercers and Charmed mobs, that cannot be defaulted.  So, when a Coercer charms a mob they need to "manage" the stance they wish the pet to be in Passive/Deffensive

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Banditman

Loremaster

Also, with Beastlords, each pet has it's own settings.  So, if you set the Dire for example, those settings WILL NOT carry over to the Canine (or any other class).

Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Miapa

Loremaster

The best way I found to play a beastlord is to have your pet summon spell on your hotbar (the spell that teleports it to your location).  Set it up as a macro so if you hit it to summon your pet to you then it'll backoff (second line in macro:  "/pet back off").

An easy for for your pet to attack is to add the line "/pet attack" to your combat arts.  It'll always attack what you're attacking and when you attack.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote