EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
EndevorX

Loremaster

He already tweeted that he felt he decided upon a zone to revamp, but we should still post our ideas in a disorganized poll form due to needless censorship of liberties limiting feedback documentation.

feldon30 wrote:

Note, this would be an alternate version perhaps scaled up to level 90 as a “revisit” zone, just as Nek Castle can be revisited at level 50 and 70. These changes would not affect the original zones. Here are some of his responses:

Estate of Unrest: “great the way it is”Obelisk of Lost Souls: “not a bad idea”.Rivervale: “does indeed need some love.”Deathfist Citadel: “I think we need to do something “large” with the orcs!”Overland Zones: “I was thinking more dungeon-y dungeon content, but I have seen a lot of requests for something in the overland style areas.”Another question by Kander, this time about Desert of Flames zones:Favorite zone from Deserts of Flame? Pick one!The Maj’dul stuff was very cool, so what was your favorite zone overall would you say?

And yet another question, this time from Kander about AoE encounters:Large AOE encounters can always be fun! What was your second favorite zone? Group content? Raids?

I would choose, for revamping...

these heroic zones:

1.) Klakanon

2.) Obelisk of Lost Souls

3.) Temple of Cazic Thule

4.) Clefts of Rujark 

5.) Living Tombs

6.) Silent City

7.) Crushbone Keep

...these overland zones:

1.) Steamfont Mountains

2.) Lesser Faydark

3.) Rivervale

Favorite DOF zone: Pillars of Flames

Revamped Raid:

1.) Clockwork Menace Factory 

2.) Emerald Halls

3.) Windstalker Rumbler ;]

4.) Skullhammer 8]

5.) Lord Ree n_n 

6.) Ladon ;D

7.) Anguis

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

New Tunaria.

Beautiful zone and a redone could only be better than the original.

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

QFE...

The most wasted zone in the game... New Tunaria is one of the best looking zones in the game and its completely wasted by where they decided to put it... its completely inaccessible accept by an insanely long run... Complete waste of a zone that needs a reboot.

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

QFE...

The most wasted zone in the game... New Tunaria is one of the best looking zones in the game and its completely wasted by where they decided to put it... its completely inaccessible accept by an insanely long run... Complete waste of a zone that needs a reboot.

It's part of the travel network now.... but that doesn't excuse the sheer lack of quests and content in the zone.

Personally, I'm all for the idea of level 90 instances of overland zones. It would let players actually protect their city from invaders and such. Imagine an entire gnoll army marching towards Qeynos in Antonica.

They could create a scenario where Freeport's army declares war on Queen Christanos, and Neriakians can choose to either protect Neriak in the name of the queen, or side with Freeport in the name of Innoruuk.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

Heroic Zone I would love to see revamped Crushbone Keep with some of the neat goodies that Runnyeye 2 has*Brainfart on spelling*Overland Zone that would be spiffy for great hunting is Rivervale or even New Tunaria *Yes it's sort of an instance but with flying mounts it could be an awesome open Zone*

Favorite DoF zone to be redone as 85-95 zone would be Clefts then followed by PoF.

Raid zone to be redone is all of the KoS ones .. have the doors clicky like Runnyeye. *** EDIT: Make these starter raid zones like they were in KoS and progressively get harder as well. Maybe even have and x2 and x4 version.***

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Stylish

Loremaster

Please redo Sanctum of Scaleborn with level 85-94 (ish) mobs. Would be a great place for people to quest/grind from 85 onward. Add a few quest NPCs at the door with quests to kill the named etc.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #7
screenid

Loremaster

Would love to see a 90s version of a pq in nek forest. The area around the lake would be perfect for a good clash with the undead.....lol....maybe create a story involving ships appearing on the lake (full of undead) ready to destroy everything in the zone ....heading towards Freeport. Dfc and zek revamp for lvl 90 would be nice. Living tomb revamp would be nice (great zone) Would also love to see something like Cusashorn talking about.

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Morrias
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

New tunaria needs it more than any other zone, most unused heroic zone in the game.

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #9
therodge

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

He already tweeted that he felt he decided upon a zone to revamp, but we should still post our ideas in a disorganized poll form due to needless censorship of liberties limiting feedback documentation.

feldon30 wrote:

Note, this would be an alternate version perhaps scaled up to level 90 as a “revisit” zone, just as Nek Castle can be revisited at level 50 and 70. These changes would not affect the original zones. Here are some of his responses:

Estate of Unrest: “great the way it is” would be so freaken awesomeObelisk of Lost Souls: “not a bad idea”. NO VOID FOR THE LOVE OF GODRivervale: “does indeed need some love.” their halflings they dont matterDeathfist Citadel: “I think we need to do something “large” with the orcs!”Overland Zones: “I was thinking more dungeon-y dungeon content, but I have seen a lot of requests for something in the overland style areas.”Another question by Kander, this time about Desert of Flames zones:Favorite zone from Deserts of Flame? Pick one!The Maj’dul stuff was very cool, so what was your favorite zone overall would you say?

And yet another question, this time from Kander about AoE encounters:Large AOE encounters can always be fun! What was your second favorite zone? Group content? Raids?

these heroic zones:

1.) Klakanon never liked it

2.) Obelisk of Lost Souls no more void pls

3.) Temple of Cazic Thule loved the zone but seems meh

4.) Clefts of Rujark  i hate dof period

5.) Living Tombs

6.) Silent City

7.) Crushbone Keep yes

...these overland zones:

1.) Steamfont Mountains

2.) Lesser Faydark

3.) Rivervale

Revamped Raid:

2.) Emerald Halls

4.) Skullhammer 8]

5.) Lord Ree n_n 

6.) Ladon ;D

7.) Anguis

if i had to pick stormhold would make a great instance (lore would be difficult though)  as would deathfirst citidel great zone back then great zone now, (havent had any high level orcs in awile)

unrest would be my first pick but would be hard to top the one already,

i have to say my faverate zone of all time was either runnyeye (great zone but its been done i ascept that now) stormhold is an old faverate but my best experiences were in coa and maidens in rok, first time i really got into gae mechanics first time i ever ran act was in CoA ah the good ol days, raid zone? easy labs of lord vyemm followed closely by deathtoll, but las was sheer perfection easily PuR could have some fun get a few upgrades and not really try so hard, deathtoll was a great challenge an awesome zone and the first time i seen that giant boney dragon of doom i  think i almost squeed (its a word dangit)

therodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #10
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

QFE...

you don't have to run anymore they have a horse in GF that goes to the entrance in

Old 05-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
Cocytus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Estate of Unrest: “great the way it is”Obelisk of Lost Souls: “not a bad idea”.Rivervale: “does indeed need some love.”Deathfist Citadel: “I think we need to do something “large” with the orcs!”Overland Zones: “I was thinking more dungeon-y dungeon content, but I have seen a lot of requests for something in the overland style areas.”Another question by Kander, this time about Desert of Flames zones:Favorite zone from Deserts of Flame? Pick one!The Maj’dul stuff was very cool, so what was your favorite zone overall would you say?

these heroic zones:

1.) Klakanon Fine, but, a different level range wouldn't hurt. It's in a range that already has basically three dungeons for it. Whereas 50-55 has only one dungeon.

2.) Obelisk of Lost Souls* I would just put a few quests leading here or something. I absolutely do not want to see it change except to maybe make it higher in level (hell, make it 87-90 if you want! I kinda don't really like Kael), but if more people were "aware" of it that wouldn't hurt.

3.) Temple of Cazic Thule Fine as it is.

4.) Clefts of Rujark  Fine as it is.

5.) Living Tombs Fine as it is.

6.) Silent City This zone is fine imo, but it wouldn't hurt if they trimmed down the number of solo mobs. I am 100% cool with having a solo section in it but I think it's too big.

7.) Crushbone Keep Fine as it is really.

...these overland zones:

1.) Steamfont Mountains

2.) Lesser Faydark

3.) Rivervale

Revamped Raid:

2.) Emerald Halls

4.) Skullhammer 8]

5.) Lord Ree n_n 

6.) Ladon ;D

7.) Anguis

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #12
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

ALL OF EOF/Some of KOS.... best Expansions Ever...

Castle Mistmoore needs to be freaking hard, its stupid that anyone can walk around inside that zone easily...

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
theriatis

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Personally, I'm all for the idea of level 90 instances of overland zones. It would let players actually protect their city from invaders and such. Imagine an entire gnoll army marching towards Qeynos in Antonica.

They could create a scenario where Freeport's army declares war on Queen Christanos, and Neriakians can choose to either protect Neriak in the name of the queen, or side with Freeport in the name of Innoruuk.

Personally i loved the small Scenario for the Shining Robe where you had to go to Starcrest Commune in another Time Frame and...

*SPOILER ALERT (Black in Black)*

had to fight yourself through a Future Starcrest to find the Gnome. Seeing the flourishing Starcrest Commune being overrun (Starcrest is my home, as a Qeynos-Erudite) brough a Tear to my Eye SMILEY

Anyway, i'll have a look and also post my Findings later - but that Scenario (and the entire Questline) was cool SMILEY

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #14
feldon30

Fansite Staff

From an article on EQ2Wire.

Kander Asks: What EQ2 Zone Should Get a Heroic Version?

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
EverRude

Loremaster

Stormhold. Obelisk of Lost Souls. Several others mentioned at to small with tiny corridors. Not at all fun to play a full group in. Revamp for small group content would be great but not for current heroic stuff. New Tunaria. Sanctum of Scaleborn. Some others are big open zones that are more fun to play in. Solesek's Eye would be great for a Gathering style revamp. Gathering of giants. Kromzek giants in a lava area. Maybe freeze a few rooms and cooridors for them. The change to Freeport I thought included new dungeons? I assumed the sewers would get new content. I like those zones. I real maze begging to kill ya.
EverRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #16
EverRude

Loremaster

Just a thought. What about a simply rotating old dungeons with special "invasion" events. Like undead versions of the same mobs ramped up as level 90+. For example this week or just today Sanctum of Scaleborn has been invaded by a powerful necri that fills the zone with undead versions of all the same mobs just far more powerful. You fight through dungeon to take down the boss necro and dispelled the event. But tommorrow or next week he invades Permafrost or Deathfist... etc. Get quest to kill necro and loots. Maybe a token type reward for the undead version of the old bosses to buy special loots ( adornments would be nice) and ofcourse current T9 loots without the icey theme of velious. But I would love a rolling.g event like this rather.than a fully fleshed out dungeon revamp with new scripts. Gimme me the old tank and spank scripts except for the necro boss. He'll be scripted and hard. And he'll be unattackable and or protected till all the old bosses are killed.
EverRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Jaremai

Loremaster

Isn't Veeshan's Peak due for a bump-up?  You'd have to move the mobs needed for the mythical out into JW, maybe some new dragons have moved in.

I'm a fan of these types of zones receiving an increase in difficulty to match the end-game levels, otherwise they're mostly ghost towns. 

Mistmoore is another one.  There is no reason he should cower in front of any player.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Kaszan
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Nexus

Lord

New Tunaria would be awesome, as well as giving it a raid zone version :p

Kaszan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #19
dawy

Loremaster

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

Agreed,have said this many times as it stands to me at least it's an utter waste of a lovely looking zone

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
Ruut Li

Loremaster

KoS raid zones

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Yimway

Loremaster

I'd focus on the zones that were obviously not finished when launched.

New Tunaria is the most glarring example.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
KornRollKid

Loremaster

Varsoon's without a doubt it had everything imo in the early days,ppl lining up at the door with LFG tags and then the crawl began and in some parts rather than looking around the corner you could hear the footsteps of the golems if i recall correctly.

Spirit shard runs were nail biting there.

KornRollKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

OoLS lvl 90 raid zone with increased difficulty and access quests required for each level, like the original.  I'd make the outside cavern a casual raid area with a few bosses increasing in difficulty teir down to the Vestibule instance at the bottom with a nasty hardmode boss.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Castle Mistmoore should be level 90, IMO.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
DngrMou

General

I'd like to see various overland zones subject to occasional invasions by mobs of higher level monsters. Even the different cities, (which all seem to have epic guards on their payrolls), should be subject to this. Invasions could culminate with the appearance of a boss mob, or even a few. Invasions could be preceded with IC warnings, giving people who choose not to participate time to flee to safer zones.

DngrMou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #26
Hamervelder

Loremaster

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

Absolutely!  New Tunaria is one of the most beautiful zones in the game, and it's woefully underused.  Even during its prime, people only went there to get quest updates, because the zone wasn't fun then, either.  I think NT would make a fantastic raid zone.  SMILEY

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #27
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Another vote for New Tunaria.  There could be so much more done with that beautiful zone.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
Darq

Loremaster

Sol Eye - great, heroic mobs, and x2 x4 contested down there

Fallen Gate - it's awesome

Temple of Cazic Thule incl. the sanctum

what happened to open dungeons having instances inside them?

Splitpaw, T'Haen both nice big zones with possibilities, Nizara, endless confusing corridors to waste time.

but tbh I'd rather see something new, this 2 overland solo quest zones and 1 open dungeon is boring

and the lack of players, advertise, the young generation doesn't event know this game exists. pay magazines to write about your game, bring out a real expansion not this... what you've begun with SF. Promote group play, not just "hey i'm logging in my alt to grab some PQ gear an faction" Less cashcow more content. Velious was great in the beginning, hard and with a progression altought PQ gear is breaking this progression. Effort vs reward, no effort no reward that's how it should be.

Bring some contested mobs worth killing.

Oh well I went off-topic

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #29
Nocks
Server: Guk
Guild: Dream

Loremaster

Ragnaphore wrote:

New Tunaria.

+1

Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #30
Layakilie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Another vote for New Tunaria.  There could be so much more done with that beautiful zone.

see, i didn't even know that this zone exists, this is the first time i read something about it.  Never heard of it.

*logs in to check* 

Alts:

Layakilie (used to be main- Fury/Sage)

Nefira (illu/cook)

Syne ( Dark Elf Paladina in Kelethin)

visit my houses @ Fayali- new halas Magical Manor on Valor
Layakilie is offline   Reply With Quote