EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #61
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

PVP Issue:

With 60 seconds immunity... 1 and a half minute rev sicknes....   you are out of immunity before your rev sickness goes away and you are a walking wet paper bag...

Please make Rev sickness in Open world 60 seconds as well...

Thanks

This is a no-brainer. It's obviously an oversight by the programmers.

And as for you Pail, you have like 5 thousand posts of literally 0 content. Just a scrubby, no skill, no intelligence trolling mutant.

I thought, and still do think so.  simple fix. simple mistake.

Another issue that goes along with this is the detriment the long immunity has on PVP.  Someone can zone in, and practically run / fly / float accross the entire zone before losing immunity, just to arrive at an instant click zone wide zone in for their entire group.  This has destroyed pvp.  30 seconds was always long enough to get to a zone line or to call home, evac, kill yourself, etc... the extra 30 seconds immunity needs to be removed.  30 Second immunity, 30 second open world sickness (since there are no more contested mobs in openworld, this wont be a problem)  There a lot of solutions, tacking on a 60 second immunity that allows anyone to get anywhere in perfect safety was not one of them

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #62
Bryony
Guild: The Kraken

Loremaster

Going to update this thread. Stopped bothering with PvP fixes last expansion because it got to the point that we all realized most things, in regards to the way PvP used to be, are never going to return. We knew we weren't going to get much attention. Some fixes having been promised as far back as TSO and for all of SoF. To date PvP is in dire need of help.

I enjoyed the DoV beta. There are some things that need to be balanced but overall I actually liked it. It isn't 'finished' but it is a much more complete release than where we were at post the SoF. The game is now at a point that some attention could be given to PvP issues that should finally be fixed for those players. I am skeptical but bringing it up to date.

Please post your current top 5 issues with PvP or the server - and your feedback over the next few days as we move into DoV with the new gear, adornments, etc. I would appreciate your comments moving forward. I've been pretty apathetic about it for some time but we'll call this one last rally before accepting the grim fate of the server. SMILEY

Bryony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #63
Yonaton

Loremaster

Pvp is definetly broke. Mages are once again one-shotting people. Even scrub mages with crap gear. It's just run up /easy button...../die.

Are we going back to the Evermage2 formula now? Do something about it.All the Vox pvp'ers(the few of us left after this tripe) are sending in petitions constantly. Can't find a GM on server to look at it either.

Yonaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #64
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

No point in posting here anymore... there is no such thing as a PVP dev and there is no hope for PVP on EQ2... its gone forever...  This expansion marked the end of PVP... they didnt bother even upgrading a single thing for PVP.... pathetic

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #65
Muusic
Server: Venekor
Guild: New Age

Loremaster

Rangers can one shot players while on mounts now, I thought it was the same thing that the others are doing with jumping and attacking while safefalling but I put an "AFK" player at a revive last night and saw Shanx kill me 4 times over a couple hours, and every time when he landed to collect the chest it was a controlled landing still mounted.

14 weeks since the last PvP Dev post in any forums, and that was a comment on house decorating. Do they still exist?

Muusic 92-320AA Troub/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Imyourr 92-320AA Dirge/92 Grandmaster Tailor-Venekor born

Wecanbe 92 - 320AA Warden/92 Grandmaster Provisioner

Myndtrixx 92/320AA Illusionist - Antonia bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight - Nagafen

Silencess 92-320AA Conji/92 Grandmaster Sage- Venekor born

Alisylent 92/320AA Ranger/92 Grandmaster Weaponsmith- Antonia Bayle

Amphlify 92 - 320AA Dirge Antonia Bayle

Smiiles 92-320AA Monk/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight/92 Grandmaster Alchemist - Antonia Bayle

Playforr - 92/320AA Defiler - Antonia Bayle

Muusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #66
Valdar

Loremaster

Solution to all pvp issues is simple.

Wait for the next update, if it sucks cancel your sub and uninstall the game.

We've had to deal with crappy pvp for long enough and this grind weekend this close to the start of the xpac in combination with flying mounts shows me SOE will only do the bare minimum for pvp'ers at best. Pretty much 99% of gameplay takes place in instances, be they raidzones or heroic dungeons, and since SF leveling has been reduced to mentoring down and grinding old content. Pretty impressive that I am already burned out on an xpac a few weeks after launch.

Maybe the time has come to say MMO's goodbye and reinstall Civilisation and kill some neobarbs with tanks.

Valdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #67
zwaerg

Loremaster

I have a question. I thought that you can boot from flight animalsno action. I was brought here for the second time from heavenand do not understand! I can not heal on a flight animal!

zwaerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #68
Olihin

Developer

Greetings,

GU60 will bring lots of changes to PvP.

• Fame is being reworked
  • Fame and title gains will now have their own EXP BAR, no more trying to figure out how long or why you gain/lost a title
  • New armor and adornments
  • Ongoing balance changes (this will never stop and will never be perfect in any realistic way)
  • New Battleground
  • Enhancements to the Matchmaker for Battlegrounds
  • Cross faction communication

There will be more details as we get closer to GU60. 

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #69
Notsovilepriest
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

• Fame is being reworked
  • Fame and title gains will now have their own EXP BAR, no more trying to figure out how long or why you gain/lost a title
  • Ongoing balance changes (this will never stop and will never be perfect in any realistic way)
  • New Battleground

Olihin

Put the Armor and adorns on test next week, even if they aren't fully ready but mostly. you will need ample time to get good quality feedback while still being able to change them before they get forced live. The rest can wait to be pushed but the gear really does need to have a lot of time.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #70
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Put the Armor and adorns on test next week, even if they aren't fully ready but mostly. you will need ample time to get good quality feedback while still being able to change them before they get forced live. The rest can wait to be pushed but the gear really does need to have a lot of time.

SOP is to push gear live to generate mass player excitement, and then start nerfing the fun out of it over a few months until it is at "intended values".

To actually release "intended value" gear in the first place would have players confused and complaining about how underwhelming it is, and such an exception wouldn't nearly be as much fun as bait-and-nerfing.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #71
Peak
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

• Fame is being reworked
  • New Battleground

Olihin

Yes, please show us the gear ahead of time. Especially the adornments. I'm going to be massively disappointed if we see any PVE copy/pasted procs on PVP gear. That would be absolutely terrible. Even anything remotely close to the PVE procs. Procs are stupid and not necessary in PVP, ever. Maybe some PVP specific procs - something good, but not overpowered, but that could make a difference in PVP - see my next paragraph.

I'd love to see Toughness reworked. I'd actually love to see PVP Crit Mit and Crit Mit become one stat again, so that PVE'rs can remain competitive in PVP wearing their raid gear, and PVP'ers could get started raiding wearing their PVP gear. There would always be motivation to get the proper gear for what you're doing thanks to the PVP and PVE adornments. War Runes > PVP adornments in raiding, and PVP adornments > War Runes in PVPing. Not a problem.

But make test worthwhile and show us some sh^t in advance. Please.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #72
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'd actually love to see PVP Crit Mit and Crit Mit become one stat again, so that PVE'rs can remain competitive in PVP wearing their raid gear,

I'm with you as long as they are "competitive" in PvP.  Raid gear allowing for a x1 to wipe a x6 was just dumb.  I've grown to actually like having a PvE gear set and a PvP gear set.  I will never be a big raider again and I enjoy having to work the game from two angles.... which I've chosen PvP and can access the best gear for PvP without 4+ hours raiding 3-5 times a week.  It's a much much more healthy and obtainable gaming experience for myself.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #73
Peak
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'd actually love to see PVP Crit Mit and Crit Mit become one stat again, so that PVE'rs can remain competitive in PVP wearing their raid gear,

I'm with you as long as they are "competitive" in PvP.  Raid gear allowing for a x1 to wipe a x6 was just dumb.  I've grown to actually like having a PvE gear set and a PvP gear set.  I will never be a big raider again and I enjoy having to work the game from two angles.... which I've chosen PvP and can access the best gear for PvP without 4+ hours raiding 3-5 times a week.  It's a much much more healthy and obtainable gaming experience for myself.

The PVE procs not working in PVP is one step in the right direction for that.It makes it easier to make PVP and PVE gear closer to equivalent, since we no longer have to worry about procs and can simply worry about the stats themselves.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #74
Oobo
Guild: Extinction Agenda

Loremaster

well they NEED to work on giving PVP gear more Crit Bonus and Crit chance...cause its simple BS to roll around in Raid gear one shotting people cause of the diff in CRITS on gear..i mean hell even players in Quested gear in DOV are doing sick DPS against FULL PVP geared toons...Never made sense to have seperate usages on gear...Raiders should be able to use thier gear in pvp and PVPers should be able to use thier PVP gear in PVE.. But make the PVP gear and RAID gear almost same quality to allow for using both types of gear in the game play u like..There SHOULD NOT be ONE gear type advantage.. the ONLY true diff between the gear should be their PROCS...but the procs on the gear ONLY work for that style of play...PVP procs for pvp gear and PVE procs for the raid gear... same for Adornements, each ONLY usable in that format of play... and BG gear should ONLY be usable in BGs...that will also encourage people to Open WOrld PVP..

Also as far as fame goes..NO MORE bracket BS...it never ever made sense to lose fame to certain fame lvls...example: such BS to roll a max fame person with say a champ and gert nothing... we need to have it as 100% risk vs reward...

The incoming NEW pvp gear NEEDS NEW TOKENS to pay for it..ONLY attained in open world PVP...toooo many of us have stock piled tons of tokens... inc myself..

Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #75
Toxicz
Guild: Laser Beam Attack Walrus

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

• Fame is being reworked
  • New Battleground

Olihin

You might have just redeemed yourself with this. Just make sure most of your time goes to the Balancing issues, thats the real problem in pvp atm.

Toxicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #76
EndevorX

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

• Fame is being reworked
  • New Battleground

Olihin

I agree with Notsovilepriest & Peak that testing is vital.

I think we could care less about some wow factor about a hyped PvP changes news release.

Changes to the fame system could potentially be detrimental, unless it's the mere option to opt out as many had been requesting.

Again, a 1-week reuse & 30 second casting period w/ complete title eradication would be required to ensure no abuse from preference changes (i.e. the obvious opt out to avoid fame loss is avoided).

The classic +/- 1 notch PvP rank system, I think, is perfect, & shouldn't be changed.

Allowing fame gain/loss from any title again makes title gain too easy & may espouse too cowardly of gameplay.

An XP bar is bad as well, as the mysteriousness of your rank placement added to a willingness for risk taking.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #77
Oobo

Loremaster

the ONLY person wanting an OPTout option on titles is you....thats a punk azz way to earn/keep titles... Its a reward system for pvping..TITLES should be 100% risk vs reward... thats the true nature of it...every time u go out and pvp u RISK your title against anyone..[Removed for Content] shouldnt they get fame off you? just because of brackets? Brackets never made sense except to title huggers who are scared to risk it all... And you cant USE the claim that gaining fame off anyone makes for easier titles...NO, sense its counteracted by LOSING it to anyone...so again it weeds out lower end players cause they die still more than they kill... brackets made for toooo easy fame hugging and leeching while farming gear... u evac from possible fame lose and kill people where u have NOTHING to lose on fame...

100% risk vs reward to encorage more pvp..and we all know thats fact, last system produced TONS of runners and evacers cause of fame...when u have no choice but to FIGHT if u want the gear it works much better...

Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #78
Ayaka

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

• Fame is being reworked
  • New Battleground

Olihin

Me me me so excited ~

Can't wait for this update. As many others have said though, please allow us to test the gear. 

Old 03-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #79
Balrok

Loremaster

"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #80
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

the ONLY person wanting an OPTout option on titles is you....thats a punk azz way to earn/keep titles... Its a reward system for pvping..TITLES should be 100% risk vs reward... thats the true nature of it...every time u go out and pvp u RISK your title against anyone..[Removed for Content] shouldnt they get fame off you? just because of brackets? Brackets never made sense except to title huggers who are scared to risk it all... And you cant USE the claim that gaining fame off anyone makes for easier titles...NO, sense its counteracted by LOSING it to anyone...so again it weeds out lower end players cause they die still more than they kill... brackets made for toooo easy fame hugging and leeching while farming gear... u evac from possible fame lose and kill people where u have NOTHING to lose on fame...

100% risk vs reward to encorage more pvp..and we all know thats fact, last system produced TONS of runners and evacers cause of fame...when u have no choice but to FIGHT if u want the gear it works much better...

uh no, if you read the core thread that resulted in fame decay & all the many thread before it, you'd see many asked for an opt out choice.

oobo, no offense, but you're like a class d pvper, you barely ever pvp, & your K : D ratio is terrible, I don't know why you feel you're actually being reasonable when you've never cared for the competitive PvP rank scene.

the last system was solvent because it rewarded actually focusing on PvP success.

now you can zerg & get rewarded, which isn't cool in the supposed eyes of most.

sadly, yes, you can you the claim that gaining fame from anyone makes for easier titles.

norrath operates in such a fashion that maintaining high kill streaks is exorbitantly simple.

see: homes, guild halls, insta-world bell travel (pshh boats only ftw), no constested version of all instances with valuable drops, & PQs/WFs that require zerg forces consolidated (ugh, no offense, but extremely uninspiring objectives), city immunity, nerfed T2 PvP zones, etc

Old 03-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #81
Oobo

Loremaster

haha NO simple minded tool..if you LOOK at those posts peopel said the NEW fame sucked if ANYTHING you shoul dhave just added a OPT out option cause fame was WORTHLESS now..learn to pay attention... and as far as ur CLAS D pvper goes, i have rolled more pvp azz on this zerver than you in pure 1v1s NOT to mention owned you plenty of times..so pls kid dont go there your under me in so many lvls it isnt even funny...your a KNOWN cryier, exploiter and annoying tool... You look for MORE ways to exploit situations than anyone i have seen ingame.. Which is why u cant stant he idea of a 100% risk vs reward fame system...your a bottom feeder pvper, leecher and exploiter who NEEEEEEDs a crutch.. hence the ONLY class u play...

cry more..=)

Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #82
PeaSy1

Loremaster

throw in sum famez loss, abolish warfields, and reset titles when said famez change hits and be good to go for now.
PeaSy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #83
EndevorX

Loremaster

@Dudoes:

Warfields shouldn't be removed, but energized with more tedious objectives.

Top tier warfields are unused due to a poor reward system & overall mundanity.

They do help give lowbies congestion though, but I still think small-time dungeons like Stormhold/Fallen Gate should be re-itemized to promote contested PvP as it was BACK IN DA DAY man.

I still think level locking should be moved to level 20 & city restrictions removes from T2 zones that were a popular & satisfying PvP scene for many customers.

Again, with public quests now a concrete game component, areas are going to continue to be designated for PvP & removing warfields won't change that like you stated you wanted in the "Nagafen PvP - Open Webinar with the Devs" thread.

@Oobo:

It's irrelevant if you think the core thread that resulted in fame decay held complaints of how the new system sucked.

That's your own delusion, because the prime consistency of that thread is an endless trove of haters & lovers of the PvP rank system, with some instances of players revoicing the want to opt out, as they had consistently done through the existence of the classic PvP rank system.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #84
Oobo

Loremaster

sugar coat it how ever you want...myself and EVERYONE else knows your a title hugger, you have exploited known mechanics in the past like the 50% health thing to protect your little title... you can preach ur little BS all you want it WONT change the fact you cant handle a 100% risk vs reward system and thats exactlly how the fame should work... you should not get to sit back and pick were u might lose fame...if you wanna BE the best then RISK it like the best.. stop trying to find ways to cut corners... and again you cant use the OMG it makes titles to easy...NO Decay made titles to easy...crap players will still be LOW end titles YOU KNOW WHY? cause they cant sit back leech fame from higher titles till they have reached MAX title then evac/run from anyone who MIGHT take it from them..why? CAUSE every fight they enter can take fame from them...your a PRIME example of one of those crappy players and the fact you need a OP Class as a crutch to play...the ONLY reason you ever had a high title was the fact you exploited 50% health rule, you leeched off of huge fights then running when u got atked...i dont know how many times i watched u turn tail and run when fame was on the line just from being targeted let alone cast on lol... 100% RISK vs REWARD imo...stop crying about it..

Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #85
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

sugar coat it how ever you want...myself and EVERYONE else knows your a title hugger, you have exploited known mechanics in the past like the 50% health thing to protect your little title... you can preach ur little BS all you want it WONT change the fact you cant handle a 100% risk vs reward system and thats exactlly how the fame should work... you should not get to sit back and pick were u might lose fame...if you wanna BE the best then RISK it like the best.. stop trying to find ways to cut corners... and again you cant use the OMG it makes titles to easy...NO Decay made titles to easy...crap players will still be LOW end titles YOU KNOW WHY? cause they cant sit back leech fame from higher titles till they have reached MAX title then evac/run from anyone who MIGHT take it from them..why? CAUSE every fight they enter can take fame from them...your a PRIME example of one of those crappy players and the fact you need a OP Class as a crutch to play...the ONLY reason you ever had a high title was the fact you exploited 50% health rule, you leeched off of huge fights then running when u got atked...i dont know how many times i watched u turn tail and run when fame was on the line just from being targeted let alone cast on lol... 100% RISK vs REWARD imo...stop crying about it..

Lol @ your libel & willingness to tarnish a thread on feedback with e-rage & slander.

I've honestly rarely ever used engaging below 50% health & it certainly is a lie to claim most of my fame gains were obtained with such a ruse.

Iunno why you're so oblivious to the fact that kill streaks are immensely easy to obtain, especially when speaking with someone who's vastly better at obtaining them than you. @[email protected]

Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #86
Darq

Loremaster

see, and that's why crossfaction communication is a bad idea.

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #87
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Darq wrote:

+1

If they want to bicker /whine at each other let them do it here or make one of em log onto a lv 1 alt so only half the server has to hear the /cry emo crap

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #88
Oobo

Loremaster

Thats right Seliri kill streaks are EASY to get so are KvDs...cause all it takes is playing like a coward,leechign when u can and evacing when u cant..SAME thign went for fame people abused it from not fighting and leeching to 50% health loop hole..and you are one of MANY who abused it right along with Dreww, Sora on his old main just to name a couple more.. Fame should be UP for grabs at all times against all opponants.. Your hardly anyone to claim better  than any other player, you play one of the MOST OP classes ingame and you claim skill..HAHHA you just like any other scrub Crusader used to get your crap pushed in daily until SOE steroids got ahold of ur class.. People liek you are why we end up with broken classes, broken gear, broken everythign with your constyant ONE sided begging...ya you toss in a few cool ideas to try and smooth over your spread sheet of BS and garbage... bottom line kid your a JOKE...rage about it for me

Old 03-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #89
dellaripa

Loremaster

I wonder how many double assassinates it will take to drop me from slayer to hunter...

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #90
EndevorX

Loremaster

Darq wrote:

lol. Are you honestly going to try & persuade our decent audience with such shallow rhetoric?

Let's evolve, for a second, beyond the silly meme that is arguecat.

There's no reason to inhibit the liberties of peers simply because you can't cope with the faculties afforded you (AKA channel disabling & /ignore, or in the case of these forums, simple adult awareness of common, gregariously rabid instigators).