EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Junniper

Loremaster

Not sure where to put this.  Move to correct spot if needed please...

TRADESKILLS

All tinkered items with the exception of the Mechanized Platinum Repository of Reconstruction are now tradable, can be used by all classes, and do not require tinkering skill to use.

What the hell is this!?

"do not require a tinkering skill to use."  !?!?

Ok, so that means I can also use Assassin CA's on my Illusionist right?  I mean if you don't know how the skill/mechanics work, then why can't I use a skill/spell that isn't my class as well?

Geeze.. all the fricken whiners who don't want to level up a tinkerer.. Oh booo-hoo!!

Already made it easier by allowing people to become both a adorner and a tinkerer..  Now yer gonna allow people to be able to use stuff that they have no ability on.  /rolleyes

Junniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Kreton

Loremaster

I'm sure this spawned from "I don't want to have to level tinkering up on yet ANOTHER alt", but I don't even understand why it needed to be nerfed.  Tinkering was something else to improve your character on so you could benefit from it, and now it's one less thing to do in this game because there's no reason to.  It's one thing to make this stuff all tradable, but to remove the tinkering requirement on things like the Overclocked stones, FD's, and Call of the Tinkerer is baffling.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Torquer

Loremaster

I love it when people complain because they put in "all this work" to do X and then some change later makes it easier or irrelevant.

Yeah, I did the Troubador epic which required hours of gathering and now you can just buy your updates.  So what?  

Its not like you haven't been able to use your tinkering skill.  I don't see how keeping/making things difficult for others somehow makes your gaming experience better or more enjoyable.

Less QQ more pew pew

Torquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Kreton

Loremaster

Torquer wrote:

I love it when people complain because they put in "all this work" to do X and then some change later makes it easier or irrelevant.

Yeah, I did the Troubador epic which required hours of gathering and now you can just buy your updates.  So what?  

Its not like you haven't been able to use your tinkering skill.  I don't see how keeping/making things difficult for others somehow makes your gaming experience better or more enjoyable.

Less QQ more pew pew

Nobody said "I put in all this work so wah".  Tinkering isn't hard (and didn't require a lot of work) but it was different and added something to your character.  This change makes it irrelevant and removes another avenue to improve your character, because there is 0 point in doing it now.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Twyxx

Guardian

They coulda just made the tinker skill/items heirloom/account-wide so everyone would need to have one toon that is a tinkerer, but wouldn't need to level one on every toon.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
lodgepark8485

Loremaster

Cant say for certain but im betting its because of the tinkered unadorner.  So everyone can unadorn their gear but imo they shouldnt of made it a tinker item simple.

lodgepark8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

They coulda just made the tinker skill/items heirloom/account-wide so everyone would need to have one toon that is a tinkerer, but wouldn't need to level one on every toon.

I think this would have been a better solution.  I've raised tinkering up on 3 characters and only as far as 100 on a 4th because it's getting tiresome.  I don't understand the (need for) radical change that was made, but I'm glad something was done.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Calthine

ZAM EQII

I may be misrememebering for SOE live, but aren't tinkerers making some adornments now?  At least Tinkering will be a bit more valuable.  You won't HAVE to level it up when you can buy the stuff.

Good move.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
ChrissyFaey

Loremaster

I think this is awesome. I've leveled up tinkering on about three characters and am occasionally required to play more than those three - now I can just use a primary crafter and allow all my characters to enjoy tinkering. Just like they have benefitted from my adorner, my transmuter, and my other crafters.Tinkering is now more in line with a profitable tradeskill class, since you'll be making bank mass producing market goods that people who do not have tinkering must purchase instead. Enjoy your platinums, tinkerers.

ChrissyFaey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Kreton

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

This and the removal of the tinkering requirement is what should have been done.  Not gutting the entire flavor of tinkering by making it a broker skill.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Mermut

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

I may be misrememebering for SOE live, but aren't tinkerers making some adornments now?  At least Tinkering will be a bit more valuable.  You won't HAVE to level it up when you can buy the stuff.

Good move.

This one actually baffles me. They've got a skill specifically to make adornments. But the adornments are extremely restrictive and limited... so they add a new and interesting adornment type... and don't give it to the adorners... THAT is baffling.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #12
Raveen
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Re Evolution

Loremaster

I can see why some people are bummed that leveled their toons on tinkering. I did as well and I was cracking up at the earlyer post about the Trouby epic cause I did mine like a week before they changed it as well as the Lock one lol. But on the flip side its another way for me to make plats and outfit all my toons with cool stuff. I hope to see more cows fling at raid mobs for one SMILEY And raid leads your teams have no excuses for not stocking key things like mana and health items which were life savers for me when I raided. Cant wait to see 24 mender bots go up lol. I do feel for some of the lost romance of the game that added a bit of realness but things do change. I remember when I first started playing I would have to drag my mountless toon back home at a crawl because I hade 30K copper on me. Or porting back to the docks naked cause my armor was busted and I didnt have kits. It was cool but got old as hell putting all my gear back on from overflow slot. I rememberd how mad I was about the market place but I have gotten some really cool looking items from it. Tinkering isnt hard to level but its a huge time killer if you have 10 toons that need the skill. I'm not downing the peeps that just arnt cool with this I'm just sayin for me it works.

Raveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #13
zehly

Loremaster

Tinker. Tailor. Soldier. QQ.

[Edit: Fixed Star Trek reference.]

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

With my dozen toons I've leveled Tinkering on half and I think this is a GREAT way to allow other people to use the fun and semi-usefull items which a Tinkering tradeskiller can make and feel semi-usefull.

The most important (to me) tinkering item is being excluded, that being the mender bot.  So, I'll be leveling tinkering on the other half of toons I haven't finished the skill on anyway.  Its a good call.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I like the change it means to me that my tinkered stuff can sell on the broker now SMILEY