EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > Tradeskill & Tradeskill Prestige
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Senya

Loremaster
Senya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ironforge Exchange
Posts: 1,754
Default

We really need some T10 rush orders.  We're getting less and less status and experience as we level up because there's no writs/rush orders past level 89.  T8 and T9 had writs and rush orders for every other level (x1, x3, x5, x7 and x9).  Can we get some for 91, 93, and 95? 

__________________

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

It would also give us something to do with the t10 mats we're getting while harvesting...

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
ChrissyFaey

Loremaster
ChrissyFaey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 231
Default

I noticed the desparity in rush orders too. +1!

ChrissyFaey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light
Rank: Count

Loremaster
Alenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,938
Default

add me to list for tradeskill writs.

with no quests that I can tell and no writs and a new endlevel that we have to reach to get the vet bonus this is a glaring ommission. Shows we need a Dev specifically for Tradeskills.

__________________
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility
Rank: Leader

Tester
Peysel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 263
Default

I'm hoping they will be adding Tradeskill Writs and the Tradeskill quests soon.  I've really missed having the option of Tradeskill Rush orders for this tier, and at 95 we should be on the 3rd one I think but we've had none at all?

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Kaian
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Restoration
Rank: Researcher

Loremaster
Kaian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 176
Default

Seconded - especially as we've also lost all the veteran bonus lovingly worked up on our crafters and therefore the lack of writs etc is going to hit doubly hard (and also, those of us who were in top-level guilds have guild-levelling work to do again now as well!)

Kaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC
NiamiDenMother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: EQ2 Traders Corner
Posts: 1,031
Default

I was told that new writs will be coming, "but not immediately"

By that, I'm guessing that we may not see them for launch due to time constraints.  Thankfully, even without the vet bonus, the three levels go quickly, especially if you're using potions from your tradeskill apprentice(s).

__________________
NiamiDenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
imphe2

Loremaster
imphe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 62
Default

Seriously, no writs and loosing the bonus? I have to admt I have no idea what they are thinking at this point.

__________________


Imphyte
- lvl 66 Beserker & lvl 92 Carpenter

Old School -Antonia Bayle
imphe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
denmom

Loremaster
denmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...
Posts: 2,490
Default

To be honest, I feel as if crafting has been forgotten.  The redheaded stepchild left in the corner with the occasional tidbits from the table where everyone else is eating a full course delicious meal.

Not asked if they would like a piece of this or that, not asked if they'd like a drink, not asked if they'd like anything.  And when they do ask, they're met with silence until noticed, and that silence can last awhile.

Okay, so maybe I'm being unreasonable...but this is how it feels.

I fully understand the devs are up to their ears about CoE, I truly do.  But why were the crafters forgotten this time around?  Why no questlines?  Why must we gain our books from adventurers either by trade or on broker?  Why must we gain the books ourselves in the field if we can adventure our crafter toons?  Why this sudden fall back to how it was around launch?

I was really looking forward to running the new questlines, even though I have 12 crafters.  I really like them.  They give a bit of lore to the crafters.  Such as what happened in Thurgadin with the Cryomancers years ago.  If you adventure, you learn a bit, if you craft, you learn a bit more, and if you're a hybrid, the whole story comes together.  I loved that!  Same for the Butcherblock questline.  You repair the book that was taken by the aquagoblins and rescued by the adventurers.  You make the special arrows for the Teir Dal archer.

Is it now just nothing but bare bones now that we no longer have a dedicated tradeskill dev?  I hope not, but to be honest, it appears so.

__________________
What I do when not playing EQ2: Paradigm Clutch
denmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall
Rank: Emperor

Loremaster
Deveryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,302
Default

[email protected] wrote:

To be honest, I feel as if crafting has been forgotten.  The redheaded stepchild left in the corner with the occasional tidbits from the table where everyone else is eating a full course delicious meal.

Not asked if they would like a piece of this or that, not asked if they'd like a drink, not asked if they'd like anything.  And when they do ask, they're met with silence until noticed, and that silence can last awhile.

Okay, so maybe I'm being unreasonable...but this is how it feels.

I fully understand the devs are up to their ears about CoE, I truly do.  But why were the crafters forgotten this time around?  Why no questlines?  Why must we gain our books from adventurers either by trade or on broker?  Why must we gain the books ourselves in the field if we can adventure our crafter toons?  Why this sudden fall back to how it was around launch?

I was really looking forward to running the new questlines, even though I have 12 crafters.  I really like them.  They give a bit of lore to the crafters.  Such as what happened in Thurgadin with the Cryomancers years ago.  If you adventure, you learn a bit, if you craft, you learn a bit more, and if you're a hybrid, the whole story comes together.  I loved that!  Same for the Butcherblock questline.  You repair the book that was taken by the aquagoblins and rescued by the adventurers.  You make the special arrows for the Teir Dal archer.

Is it now just nothing but bare bones now that we no longer have a dedicated tradeskill dev?  I hope not, but to be honest, it appears so.

I'm a bit grumpy about not having quests to work on, especially newer rush orders, but I don't see how you can say crafters have been forgotten. Things like rush orders may have been put in a lower priority spot, but we're getting some major changes to the actual crafting system. They're easily some of the biggest changes we've seen in a very long time. We finally see a true separation between adventurers and crafters on the skill point window and we're somehow forgotten... okay :p

As far as recipe books go, they did move the regular books onto vendors. (see: Friday 11/2 patch notes)

__________________
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Torri
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lioncourt
Rank: Council

Loremaster
Torri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 237
Default

It's been a mixed bag IMO. We got amazing and much clamored for changed to AA and new Prestige, so it's disingenuous to say Crafters are getting shafted or ignored.

Fixes to some things (recipe books) have been a little slow, but are being made. And remember, it's not as if when we've had a level increase every time except the Skyshrine 90-92 one, that crafters have been dependent on adventurers or adventuring themselves for getting rare recipe book drops. Even Coins for Maj'Dul faction to buy them came from someone doing Court quests. Yes, later options became available to get them via quest/faction, but not when current. Personally I think the only reason Advanced were given in the hastily cobbled together WL quests is because there was a huge oh crap moment when it was pointed out that they would be needed.

I am bummed for no new writs, but in what will take perhaps 2 hours tops to go from 92-95 adding on approx 3-4 extra writs to make up exp as you level really isn't a game-breaking end of the world scenario. Look on the bright side, you're leveling Guilds again anyway.

Torri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

And if adventurers just got new prestige points and 3 levels but no new overland zones, instances, raids, gear and quests, they'd have no right to complain because they're getting new stuff?

Crafters aren't asking for as much content as adventurers get. Sure, crafters would love it, but we don't expect it or even ask for it. Granted the new prestige is interesting and potentially useful, but it's features, not content. There is nothing new for crafters to 'do' in the expansions. Just new tools to do exactly the same things as before. That is the heart of the comments, in my opinion.

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall
Rank: Emperor

Loremaster
Deveryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,302
Default

Mermut wrote:

And if adventurers just got new prestige points and 3 levels but no new overland zones, instances, raids, gear and quests, they'd have no right to complain because they're getting new stuff?

Crafters aren't asking for as much content as adventurers get. Sure, crafters would love it, but we don't expect it or even ask for it. Granted the new prestige is interesting and potentially useful, but it's features, not content. There is nothing new for crafters to 'do' in the expansions. Just new tools to do exactly the same things as before. That is the heart of the comments, in my opinion.

No one's denying anyone the right to complain. Some complaints are just a bit unreasonable or absurd, like that comparison of adventurers getting nothing but 3 levels and prestige points. Let's be honest: Crafters are not keeping this game running. I'm not saying we don't deserve more, but some things need more priority. It sounds like they want to get more into the game, but they can't. Maybe somewhere in the next few updates we'll see some new storyline questing for tradeskills. I can't say I'm in any rush to see that as it can be a drag repeating the same story for 9 crafters. The storylines only go so far and then you're done. Then you go right back to the crafting.

__________________
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 335
Default

It doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to implement.  I would very much appreciate having writs.

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
macStuibhart

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
Default

[email protected] wrote:

 Let's be honest: Crafters are not keeping this game running. I'm not saying we don't deserve more, but some things need more priority.

While what you say is true, crafters are not the driving factor in the game but I ask you to consider how many people would stick around if the crafters left because they don't craft and the items they need/want would become extremely scarce or extremely expensive with the few people left being able to dictate the economy.

macStuibhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

I'm highly disappointed but not surprised.

I like to craft, but I like having TS content to craft through. Hailing an apprentice and buying books of the broker is not really content... And it sucks for levelling guilds. We're down from roughly 20 000 sp per writ at 89 to 16 000 sp/writ at 95. That's a net loss SMILEY

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #17
Maroger

Loremaster
Maroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,313
Default

I agree they need to hurry and get the new writs in.  All my crafters are level 92.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall
Rank: Emperor

Loremaster
Deveryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,302
Default

macStuibhart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

 Let's be honest: Crafters are not keeping this game running. I'm not saying we don't deserve more, but some things need more priority.

While what you say is true, crafters are not the driving factor in the game but I ask you to consider how many people would stick around if the crafters left because they don't craft and the items they need/want would become extremely scarce or extremely expensive with the few people left being able to dictate the economy.

That wouldn't necessarily happen, especially with how easy it is to raise crafting. I've seen people raise up 9 crafters, when a few years ago, they were saying "Never in a million years". In addition, I don't think everyone is all that sensitive on the issue. They're just happy to see the changes coming through that would give them more time to do other things, like adventure.

__________________
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.