EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
IvyBlackrose

Lord

a few suggestions if I may to consider SMILEY

1) an ingame automation script runner several games out there have it namely perfect world and forsaken world, these scripts are great AND they remove the need for players to use outside scripts which are illegal anyways but yet a HUGE portion of our playerbase uses them.

2) a chrono/plat section on the auction house with tigher pricing security etc that allows the players to directly buy and trade chrono/plat thru a secure in game AH screen again many free to play games use this

3)starting new players out at say lvl 50 cause quite frankly this is a 8 year old game and there is hardly any new players 99% of them are old players with their alts why not let them start at 50 and save some time with boring powerlevelling at lower levels

4) prestige houseing layout editor with templates UO style that allows u to buy a plot of land and then build on that plot using templates of all the stuff in an editor removing the need to have 100000000 red tiles for example, you can just go into the editor and then say u need a red tile pay 5 gold or something and buy the red tile and so on check out Ultima Online for more info on this system

5) a TRUE animal tamer/taming system, as you can see a HUGE % of the player base loves the taming system currently in place but it would be REALLY nice to have a much wider variety of skins to tame and even could include some rare spawns like Perfect World and other games do aka Elite beasts that only spawn on a random timer kind of like elite Mercs

Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Deago

Loremaster

Automation script....lol  Playing those eastern games too long.  Some actually will give you pre-scripted bot time for real cash.  Maybe soe can start selling 1 hour afk battle potions on sc?  Heck just make a 5000 sc clicky item where you can just literally spawn your own mobs?  

Why even play an mmorpg?  Play an offline game and alt-tab a chatroom.  

Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Mohee

Lord

IvyBlackrose wrote:

a few suggestions if I may to consider

1) an ingame automation script runner several games out there have it namely perfect world and forsaken world, these scripts are great AND they remove the need for players to use outside scripts which are illegal anyways but yet a HUGE portion of our playerbase uses them.

Might as well... since so many people AFK xp anyways or box with a 3rd party program that SOE actually allows... Why not? I mean, if they aren't going to ban people using these programs or caught AFK xp'ing, they might as well jump on the bandwagon and make money off it...

2) a chrono/plat section on the auction house with tigher pricing security etc that allows the players to directly buy and trade chrono/plat thru a secure in game AH screen again many free to play games use this

You mean the new Krono? Sorry, but when you say "Chrono" I automatically assume you are talking about Chrono Mentoring SMILEY

3)starting new players out at say lvl 50 cause quite frankly this is a 8 year old game and there is hardly any new players 99% of them are old players with their alts why not let them start at 50 and save some time with boring powerlevelling at lower levels 

Most people powerleveling only take a few minutes to get to 50 so its not really a big deal. How about something more like... for every max lvl toon you have, a new alt you create starts at X + (# of max toons x 10 & 30 AA's per max lvl toon) For Example: if you had 9 max level chars, any new character you'd start would be level 90 with 270 aa's. 

4) prestige houseing layout editor with templates UO style that allows u to buy a plot of land and then build on that plot using templates of all the stuff in an editor removing the need to have 100000000 red tiles for example, you can just go into the editor and then say u need a red tile pay 5 gold or something and buy the red tile and so on check out Ultima Online for more info on this system

I like this idea actually... more easy customizable content. Would also like to see something more like this for the Dungeon Maker system so the dungeons and their layouts are actually unique...

5) a TRUE animal tamer/taming system, as you can see a HUGE % of the player base loves the taming system currently in place but it would be REALLY nice to have a much wider variety of skins to tame and even could include some rare spawns like Perfect World and other games do aka Elite beasts that only spawn on a random timer kind of like elite Mercs

These systems in other games seem to be fun for most people. Also they are good money makers for the company because of all the marketplace items to enhance/grow these pets. A conjuror used to be my main for 7 years, so I personally don't like this idea. But I quit playing because of the lack of flexibility with pets in raids (I.E. Broken scout pets, useless hydromancer, and ever growing weak tank pets). So since I switched mains, I say go ahead with this idea...

and no need to troll the guy. You can disagree with someones ideas without trolling... I've tried a lot of those games with automation scripts and I just personally don't like the games themselves (its not because of the automation script) but you can't really deny the number of old and NEW players who play those games. The population of some are astounding! So they must be doing something right... or stuff that people like.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Mermut

Loremaster

Using erroneous statement that 'everybody' uses scripts (ie bot programs) as an excuse for changing the eula to make them allowed is analogous to saying 'everybody cheats', so let's making cheating legal.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Juggercap

Elder

IvyBlackrose wrote:

a few suggestions if I may to consider

#1. Play the game.

#2. No to buying plat, and what is chrono and why would someone buy it?

#3. Meh. They give everything else away. I hate the idea, but won't fight about it. They'll still have 42 lvls (45 soon enough) until the game begins.

#4. No opinion.

#5. Need more info. I have no idea what you're actually asking for here. (Is this about BLs needing more visual options? Meh.)

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Mohee

Lord

First of all Mermut, if you read my post and the OP's post, neither of us used the word "everybody" or everyone. He used the word "huge", and I myself said "so many people AFK xp anyways or box with a 3rd party program that SOE actually allows"

and to Juggercap, the new Krono item SOE has introduced is a way for people to basically purchase plat for real money. So its already here.

A lot of the OP's ideas stem from F2P MMO's that have HUGE amounts of players and utilize most, if not almost all of these concepts.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Mermut

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

First of all Mermut, if you read my post and the OP's post, neither of us used the word "everybody" or everyone. He used the word "huge", and I myself said "so many people AFK xp anyways or box with a 3rd party program that SOE actually allows"

and to Juggercap, the new Krono item SOE has introduced is a way for people to basically purchase plat for real money. So its already here.

A lot of the OP's ideas stem from F2P MMO's that have HUGE amounts of players and utilize most, if not almost all of these concepts.

My apologies... since 'many' people cheat, let's make cheating legal. AFK leveling is specifically prohibited by EQ2's eula.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
zehly

Loremaster

In response to #3 - I like to spend 14-28 days leveling an alt. I like to get to know the nuances and have a feel for the playstyle before I get to level cap. I don't think it's wise to drop someone into a toon they've not played before with 20 abilities and myriad combination of AA. This is my biggest beef with level capped players powerleveling other people's toons. It's not that I'm assuming the player is going to be incompetent, it's knowing that they likely won't be very effective at max level for a while (regardless of the gear) until they've gotten a little more experience. I'm the first to admit it can be tedious and time-consuming, and quite lonely for the first 91 levels at times, but I think it pays off in the long run. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, or just old-fashioned... but I like the ride (though I am NOT above twinking my alts to no end to make that ride as comfortable as possible, hehe). P.S - You can get from 1 - 50 in 30 minutes for 200 platinum: shiny turn-ins.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
Finora

Tester

1) Ugh really? Why? Why bother playing a game if you aren't actually going to PLAY it? Just because there are people who cheat, it doesn't mean you should change the rules so cheating isn't cheating anymore. That just makes cheating the expectation and screws over anyone who doesn't condone cheating.

2) The kronos they already introduced are a way for people to do just what you want. Plat buyer buys Krono and sticks it on the broker for the amount of plat they think their out of pocket cost is worth and someone who has plat buys it & gets gametime. That's pushing it as far as I'm concerned.  Quite far enough into the selling plat.

3) No. Good grief, see #1. It isn't as if it takes a long time unless you actually want to take the scenic route (and many still do).  If EQ2 were a game where it was actually a long arduous journey to get to level cap (like eq1 was back in the day) then it might be different. But it is far from hard to level up in EQ2. That being said, they are already going to give people 2 free bumps up to 280 AA with the expansion purchase so I won't be surprised at all if they start selling/offering level bumps too.

4) While I imagine it would be convient, that just seems really lazy. If you don't want to build your house, hire a decorator. There are a lot of players who like to do it and are very very good at it. I think sometime in the near future those decorators are going to be able to sell completed projects.

5) Eh, I'm sure beastlords would like to be able to tame more things. Can necros charm undead still? that would be nice as well.  I wish they'd give ranger's back their charm animal ability. Otherwise, if you want a real pet that isn't a merc...play a pet class. They'd have to rebalance the whole game around people and their pets if they allowed anyone to have a real controlable pet.  If you'd like to see more types of mercs, so would everyone else. Most people would settle for illusions to make mercs looks like something else.

EQ2 is not Perfect World (thank the whole Pantheon).  I honestly can't see why people play it when there are so many other better free games out there (and yes, I've played it.) There is no reason to come to a new game and ask why it isn't more like X other game. Its not more like X game because it isn't X game and isn't made by the same people for the same audience as X game.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
Cloudrat

Tester

1. No skin off my nose if people want to play this way.

2. Krono on broker ,

3. 1-50 are the most fun part of leveling in this game imho. The bestHQs the best running around overland questing in dungeons. As longas I don't have to skip the fun part have at it.

4. Definately,  I have been suggesting Ultima Online style housing sinceEQ1 lol good luck on that one,

5. They haven't been able to balance classes in 8 years, I don't think added another at this point would be of any advantage.