EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Please don't get out of line of saying things like remove exile's from being able to do anything, or things that will never happen such as removing birds and luxuries out of the game. If you know soe would never even think about removing it, or adding it for that matter, don't blow false steam please. This is not a bash the other player thread.

Simple Idea's enjoy to hate

1. Remove Bg's and Wf'S

2. Add questline's and events Worth bringing players out on a consistant bases

3. Give 60 tokens per kill, and +10 for a 10 kill streak and +10 for every 10 kills after, until they players kill streak is lost.

4. Change the ganking of infamy to ratio's of how many were actually fighting, 6:1 player loses nothing, 6:2 player loses 1 point etc...bring back some solo players

5. Give back notoriety to players but do it on the welcome screen to create a hit list basically of who the top ten or twenty most notorious players are that day/week whatever, so if they are found and killed by a solo player they lose there name off the list, or lose where they stood on the list.

6. Lower immunities to a resonable level when you zone in somewhere 15 seconds should give people plenty of time to figure out what to do. Don't do it on revive, make it until sick revive is gone.

Open to all Logical suggestion to bring back player's to the open world on all three faction.......

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Orthureon

Loremaster

I like all of your ideas. The only one I would change is the no BGs. I would set a limit to how many times a person can participate in them per week. I would say daily but this way people can use up all of their "BGs allotted" time in one day if they so choose. Or spread it out over the course of the week to fill in lack of PVP on certain days/times.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Please don't get out of line of saying things like remove exile's from being able to do anything, or things that will never happen such as removing birds and luxuries out of the game. If you know soe would never even think about removing it, or adding it for that matter, don't blow false steam please. This is not a bash the other player thread.

1. Remove Bg's and Wf'S

3. Give 60 tokens per kill, and +10 for a 10 kill streak and +10 for every 10 kills after, until they players kill streak is lost.

4. Change the ganking of infamy to ratio's of how many were actually fighting, 6:1 player loses nothing, 6:2 player loses 1 point etc...bring back some solo players

5. Give back notoriety to players but do it on the welcome screen to create a hit list basically of who the top ten or twenty most notorious players are that day/week whatever, so if they are found and killed by a solo player they lose there name off the list, or lose where they stood on the list.

6. Lower immunities to a resonable level when you zone in somewhere 15 seconds should give people plenty of time to figure out what to do. Don't do it on revive, make it until sick revive is gone.

Open to all Logical suggestion to bring back player's to the open world on all three faction.......

1.) Removing WF/Bgs at this point in time will kill the server.  For FP to get tokens we generally have to gut out the zerg horde of Q/X and then glean the remaining 1-2 grps left over who zoned out slowly or are still punch drunk buffed off the horde mentality that lets them think they were the ones that soloed an entire grp by themselves whilst standing in the middle of 50-60 other players standing by watching them kill us. 

- When the new x-pac comes out and their is actually a need/reason to xp in the open again we should see a revival of open world pvp. 

1a) To accomplish this the last few instanced AA grinds need to be shut down.  I have mixed beliefs on this as they are/were great methods for raising classes needed for raiding quickly but for the general health of the open world pvp community they all need to be shut down.  In return perhaps questing should give more xp than it currently does. After the 5th time of running these quests though it does get mind numbingly repetitive. 

- Open world non instanced grinds such as SOS, Hole, open-KD etc should be bumped up so these places get utilized more effectivelly.

1b) More open world contested raid content like Hurricanus/ 3 Princes/ Mutegenic/ Doms (Dom gear sucked though) with appropriate EM or ability to set to HM script with appropriate drops.  Perhaps on pvp servers add random spawns of the instanced nameds that pop on screen for all to see:

"BLAH BLAH  BLAH has just entered (some Random level appropriate Overland Zone)" etc.

- This would likely generate a fair amount of open word PVP interest.

2.) More Claymore styled quests.  The current quest line to open the SS instances is on the right track - utilizing current open world zone.   Perhaps add in a somewhat logical - fairly long repeatable quest line with the red adorns we all want from the PQs no one runs anymore. 

-To assist with this maybe open up a player created quest writing contest if your short on resources - set the basic expextations like the quest should be min X steps coving Y number of zones - player(s) must include appropriate text etc, sample of rewards subject to team approval/adjustment etc.  Merge player quests together if you like or pick and choose parts of quest.  Name some random reward after the author's account.

3.) No thoughts on this subject as of yet.

4.)  50:1 or 6:1 idk how many people kill me but if 6:1 odds the lone player looses nothing then they will almost never have anything to loose and will run solo more often thus exploiting the zerg herd to limit their loss while standing to gain occassional +infamy.  

4a) I am not sure if tokens are split while a merc is used but if not they should be.  Mercs, esp the UD ones still need to suspend once a hostile pvp action is taken.

Whatever they do I do hope a decent amount of thought goes into the process and that the current gear mechanism is built upon for the future.  I myself will be playing much less so it actually matters not to me anymore but for friends and foe still here I hope they treat you right.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
thephantomposter

Loremaster

"1.) Removing WF/Bgs at this point in time will kill the server."

This statement does not make any sense to me. I played well after both were implemented. PVP started dying when these came into affect. Openworld was killed by these 2 things along with fast travel. Things like mercs and mounts added more nails to the coffin.

The server is dead, removing these will take the people that want real pvp out of hiding and then those who left to blue servers will come back. Might even get some who cancelled their subs back too.

As it is, people will stay in BGs and WFs no matter what they do for open world which creates a pretty desolate world. You might as well be on a blue server. Naggy does not deserve the term "pvp" server.

Take away those choices!

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

This statement does not make any sense to me. I played well after both were implemented. PVP started dying when these came into affect. Openworld was killed by these 2 things along with fast travel. Things like mercs and mounts added more nails to the coffin.

The server is dead, removing these will take the people that want real pvp out of hiding and then those who left to blue servers will come back. Might even get some who cancelled their subs back too.

As it is, people will stay in BGs and WFs no matter what they do for open world which creates a pretty desolate world. You might as well be on a blue server. Naggy does not deserve the term "pvp" server.

Take away those choices!

The statement makes perfect sense.  People want things for free.  that is why currently Qeynos outmubers Freeport 10:1 at any WF.  Both during SF and now people have shifted between the PVP communities creating a very large population imbalance in numbers so they could get free welfare tokens and then come back at some later date.  The PVP servers had begun to decline long before WF.  Venekor remained dead for a long time loosing people to other games and blue servers were healthier populations afforded better raiding opprotunities.  

The Venny-Naggy-Vox merger and the subsequent WFs were a band-aid on already endemic issue - people were leaving pvp servers for other games and blue servers.  Alot of people went blue so they could raid and then "pvp" in BGs.  Many more left because "our" game was being completely ignored by the devs.  Closing  BGs and WF will not bring back players.  People have the option to open world pvp now.  I have seen 4 in several hours of roaming WL.  One with a merc, one duo team and 1 ranger that I had a decent fight with.

If people really wanted open world pvp they would choose to not que up and roam the open world.  People will go blue if these options are now removed.  You may not agree with me but that is far different from saying the arguement makes no sense.  shutting the main source of tokens off for people will not force the last few FP hold outs to come die repeatedly to 10:1 odds.  People will choose to go blue and very, very, very few people will remain here and then eventually fewer people will be here and the server will die.   

I certainly wish I were wrong but i do not see people coming back to Nagafen if these options are removed.  I know several that have stated they will leave the server as they enjoy interacting with the other servers in BGs as well as roaming the open world.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

1. Remove Bg's and Wf'S

Seleru - No...the old 30 second norm is suitable & appropriate for discrepancies in hardware loading speed, as well.

1.) Removing WF/Bgs at this point in time will kill the server.  For FP to get tokens we generally have to gut out the zerg horde of Q/X and then glean the remaining 1-2 grps left over who zoned out slowly or are still punch drunk buffed off the horde mentality that lets them think they were the ones that soloed an entire grp by themselves whilst standing in the middle of 50-60 other players standing by watching them kill us. 

- When the new x-pac comes out and their is actually a need/reason to xp in the open again we should see a revival of open world pvp. 

1a) To accomplish this the last few instanced AA grinds need to be shut down.  I have mixed beliefs on this as they are/were great methods for raising classes needed for raiding quickly but for the general health of the open world pvp community they all need to be shut down.  In return perhaps questing should give more xp than it currently does. After the 5th time of running these quests though it does get mind numbingly repetitive. 

- Open world non instanced grinds such as SOS, Hole, open-KD etc should be bumped up so these places get utilized more effectivelly.

Seleru - Fully agree here & it's a point I've always agreed on but haven't touched at all (mostly because new lifeblood, I don't think, is that much of a relevant point except during the rare periods of AA/LVL cap increase, & then TBH removing instanced grinding is likely impractical due to general heroic instances & battlegrounds hardliners).

1b) More open world contested raid content like Hurricanus/ 3 Princes/ Mutegenic/ Doms (Dom gear sucked though) with appropriate EM or ability to set to HM script with appropriate drops.  Perhaps on pvp servers add random spawns of the instanced nameds that pop on screen for all to see:

"BLAH BLAH  BLAH has just entered (some Random level appropriate Overland Zone)" etc.

- This would likely generate a fair amount of open word PVP interest.

Seleru - Of course brah.

2.) More Claymore styled quests.  The current quest line to open the SS instances is on the right track - utilizing current open world zone.   Perhaps add in a somewhat logical - fairly long repeatable quest line with the red adorns we all want from the PQs no one runs anymore. 

-To assist with this maybe open up a player created quest writing contest if your short on resources - set the basic expextations like the quest should be min X steps coving Y number of zones - player(s) must include appropriate text etc, sample of rewards subject to team approval/adjustment etc.  Merge player quests together if you like or pick and choose parts of quest.  Name some random reward after the author's account.

3.) No thoughts on this subject as of yet.

Seleru - Token gain from the open world MUST NOT BE SPLIT relative to party engagement size & should be 100 tokens per kill

People WILL NOT PVP IN THE OPEN WORLD when battlegrounds offer the fastest route of advancement.

Sadly, these are the quantities we'd need to deal with due to modified token rewards from battlegrounds.

4.)  50:1 or 6:1 idk how many people kill me but if 6:1 odds the lone player looses nothing then they will almost never have anything to loose and will run solo more often thus exploiting the zerg herd to limit their loss while standing to gain occassional +infamy.  

4a) I am not sure if tokens are split while a merc is used but if not they should be.  Mercs, esp the UD ones still need to suspend once a hostile pvp action is taken.

Seleru - Sure, but the PvP rank system is still useless without a +/- 1 rank range.

Solo/duo players advance too quickly & typical, casual players never rank up due to the willingness to die that they have (not always losing fame XP because foes weren't in your fame range promotes casual players' PvP rank advancement).

Whatever they do I do hope a decent amount of thought goes into the process and that the current gear mechanism is built upon for the future.  I myself will be playing much less so it actually matters not to me anymore but for friends and foe still here I hope they treat you right.

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
thephantomposter

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

thephantomposter wrote:

Take away those choices!

The statement makes perfect sense.  People want things for free.  that is why currently Qeynos outmubers Freeport 10:1 at any WF.  Both during SF and now people have shifted between the PVP communities creating a very large population imbalance in numbers so they could get free welfare tokens and then come back at some later date.  The PVP servers had begun to decline long before WF.  Venekor remained dead for a long time loosing people to other games and blue servers were healthier populations afforded better raiding opprotunities.  

The Venny-Naggy-Vox merger and the subsequent WFs were a band-aid on already endemic issue - people were leaving pvp servers for other games and blue servers.  Alot of people went blue so they could raid and then "pvp" in BGs.  Many more left because "our" game was being completely ignored by the devs.  Closing  BGs and WF will not bring back players.  People have the option to open world pvp now.  I have seen 4 in several hours of roaming WL.  One with a merc, one duo team and 1 ranger that I had a decent fight with.

If people really wanted open world pvp they would choose to not que up and roam the open world.  People will go blue if these options are now removed.  You may not agree with me but that is far different from saying the arguement makes no sense.  shutting the main source of tokens off for people will not force the last few FP hold outs to come die repeatedly to 10:1 odds.  People will choose to go blue and very, very, very few people will remain here and then eventually fewer people will be here and the server will die.   

I certainly wish I were wrong but i do not see people coming back to Nagafen if these options are removed.  I know several that have stated they will leave the server as they enjoy interacting with the other servers in BGs as well as roaming the open world

Not gonna discuss dwindling population, EQ2 is just heading that way for many reasons, pvp or not. It's old but I still love it. I miss the risk in open world pvp.

I guess we both view our experience of the pvp server and those who use it differently. Those I played with left already because of what I have said and some said if they get rid of the BGs etc, they would come back. I am one of them.

This is how I view what is going, maybe I am wrong.

Population of a small town, number is not important. We have say 2 stores. Business flourishes, population is balanced with business. Open up more stores, same population, more choice of the same product. This means less people through the door for each business. You can see it in the forums, there are a few posts in BGs about population, Naggy is dead. Too many choices choices and not enough population.

If Naggy closes, it wont be from closing BGs, it will happen because people cant pvp on a pvp server. Might as well be on a blue server.

Oh well, gonna leave this horse alone, poor thing is almost beaten to death SMILEY I do think I am right, heh heg wink and the devs prob do not agree with me. So back to my toons on permafrost

Old 08-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #8
Umeil

Loremaster

What I would like to see

Place Towers in every area  ie nek forrest antonica lavastorm ect  Up to 10 towers. Then you have to go out take these towers guilds should have an option to claim them and then receive warnings when it comes under attack.

Once you take all 10 towers you can then attack a Main tower at either Q or Freeport.  there should be a chest drop max 3 items that should be basically best in game and CLASS SPECIFIC ie only be able to be rolled on by a swashy or paladin or zerker  and the item is no trade. There should also then be a realm buff for the realm that took the end castle, buff could be anything usefull ie double cash drops for the next 24hr  or increased exqusite chest drop or maby 10% increased damage for 24hr.

This would get people out on naggy into world zones prob stop a lot of the zerging as u would have to split out to 10 towers and offers incentive to actually want to get the last tower

Umeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Charmnevac
Guild: Taylor Gang

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

"1.) Removing WF/Bgs at this point in time will kill the server." 100% agree with this.

Take away those choices!

I think BG's need a nerf to where you can get up to the max amoutn of tokens in 5 bg's a day. After the 5 bg's, you can still do bg's for people who like them, but you get bare minimum reward, 5-10 tokens MAX.

Also, put tokens back on writs. Don't allow writ updates if you are in a raid, unless fighting another raid. Maybe spawn a writ giver in a random overland zone that has been known to have PVP, KP/fens/kj/jw/etc every couple hours. Maybe change the writs and get a time limit for them and receive a reward based on the amount of kills you've gained in the time limit. If the writ lasts 30minutes and you get 10 kills, you get 50 extra tokens. If the writ lasts 30minutes and you get 30 kills, you get 150 tokens. Just a random idea that popped into my head. I'm sure it could work somehow but it needs refining.

Kill warfields, they don't promote any sort of PVP, they just promote an easy way to get mass tokens for gear.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
latesttoon

Loremaster

Random Spawn of x2 or x4 mobs with massive HP in random zones every hour (or every other hour not to conflict with WF).. with server wide message:

The Giant Anaconda has spawned in the Kunzar Jungle.

This mob drops random decent loot (nothing massively advantageous, maybe even T3 PVP Gear)

It could also drop tokens. It should take a long time to kill... 

The problem with the WF, is it makes people only pvp every 2 hours... maybe the WF should be every hour..

or something should happen in KP ever 30mins.. 

example...

every 30minutes a random HARD heroic Mob spawns in KP in a random location, which drops 50 tokens.

latesttoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
TheSpin

Loremaster

You can't force people to pvp open world by removing battlegrounds or somehow trying to control the way players play.

I also don't think mechanics of how rewards are earned should be the primary reason to encourage people to participate in pvp.  In the long run people will still lose intrest.

The emphasis needs to be on simply making it more fun by doing things like latesttoon suggested above me.  Creature spawns or other types of events that give players reason to go out into the open world.  DCUO has some really good ideas for open world pvp that they are adding in their next DLC, so maybe EQ2 will be able to get some ideas from them.

Also, I don't actually play on the pvp server, and I've already started over from scratch several times over the years of playing EQ.  I moved from AB over the Freeport during EQ2X times, and before that I moved a few other times due to moving to europe etc.  I'm not willing to start over completely from scratch again, but I think pvp has reached a point where I would enjoy it in EQ2 and if I could I would move over to Nagafen.  I imagine many other players would be willing to reconsider pvp at this point.  I understand the hesitation in allowing players to transfer there, but I think it's worth another look trying to make it possible.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #12
frogman

Lord

Have the instance timers go back to 18 hours or at least have them longer then they are now because most people will just constantly run the same 4 zones over and over...if they couldnt run them in a loop they might go out to pvp

frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
Orthureon

Loremaster

I am pretty sure most people would like to see the following, it is the common trend. A lot of these are not my ideas, but they are all valid ideas in my opinion.

• Make all zones contested on NAGAFEN ONLY!  (extreme but hey). Maybe make some exceptions.
  • Remove jumping and flying mounts
  • Limit or remove fast travel
  • Limit or remove BGs (bg only so many times per week, you can use the time all at once or spread it out)
  • Remove warfields just have PVP hotzones cycle every hour.
  • Make PVP hotzones mark everyone FFA, token rewards are given regardless of level. 1 token per 10 levels. So a level 90 kills a level 10, they get one token and so forth. Not the best idea but Qeynos and Freeport are supposed to be at war, not "oh hey that level 10 guy from the other faction is too low to kill", more like "time to die enemy!".
  • Make level 80 zones and above FFA
  • Return writ givers to the openworld
  • Lower immunity times
  • Add token rewards to writs (haven't finished one, I thought they changed them recently to award nothing, I could be wrong)
  • Increase token rewards for PVP kills
  • Enable ALL PVE procs to work in PVP at reduced effectiveness. I only say this so it entices people to go out into the contested zones for these items.
  • Add overland epic encounters, this will bring more people out to attempt to kill them
  • Add overland rare heroic encounters that have an enticing loot table.
  • Add a debuff or some sort of detriment (loss of fame) for running away from PVP. This would encourage actually fighting a little more instead of running if you think you will lose.
  • Add incentives to having fame, perhaps access to buy some sort of really nice item with a high title, but you would not lose it if you lose the title. Though perhaps have it unequip if you lose too many titles from that position, IE Overlord dropped to Slayer.

OTHER THINGS THAT NEED ATTENTION:

• Fix resists, so people actually resist things again.
  • Balance casters. Spells hit too hard, even on my SK my spells hit like 3 times as hard as any of my melee combat arts.
  • Tweak autoattack so it hits just a bit harder in PVP. My smallest hitting spell hits harder than most of my autoattacks in PVP.
  • Tweak toughness so it absorbs an additional 10% with all of the gear.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Tonzo

Augur

[email protected] wrote:

1. Remove Bg's and Wf'S

Agree. If not, atleast remove rewards from BG.

Yea, or the easy way for devs would be to bring back different writs, maybee collected in dif. hot zones

Sounds like it would make it worth it.

Could solve the broken fame system that we have now.

Great idea, the alt farming would be an issue to fix first though.

Dont se any issues with lowering it.

Exile should be a full 3rd facktion, and be able to go to Openworld PvP, without having to raid up. Most of the good exile players went exile to get more PvP, give them option to go back to group PvPing if they want, more funn and less laggy for all. Give them a chance to show us their skills in group pvp.

Tonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
7foggynites

Lord

thephantomposter wrote:

Take away those choices!

It would have died a lot faster without BGs/WF and fast travel and mercs and mounts.

Your problem is you're still circa 2005-2007 while the rest of the world is 2012.

More than that, I think you're trolling.

The OP said to post things that SOE might possibly implement.

Did you do that? No. SOE won't remove BGs/WF. Won't remove fast travel, mounts, or mercs.

Here's what I think they should do:

1) Improve BGs/WF - more features, replayability, etc.

2) Improve fairness (especially concerning new players) and remove bugs from PvP

I don't expect much since Nagafen is not a popular server.

I think they've done an excellent job considering how small the PvP'er population is.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
thephantomposter

Loremaster

7foggynites wrote:

thephantomposter wrote:

Take away those choices!

It would have died a lot faster without BGs/WF and fast travel and mercs and mounts.

We disagree, there is nothing wong with that. I see it as these things were introduced, OW pvp declined, my friends/Guild left for blue servers or the game itself. That is how those items have affected me.

Your problem is you're still circa 2005-2007 while the rest of the world is 2012.

Unfotunately that was when you could find OW pvp, so logically you would ask, what is different, what is happening now that wasn't then? What's different? BGs/WF and fast travel and mercs and mounts are drastic differences that SPLIT up the pie. And yes, I do realise EQ2 population as a whole has declined.

More than that, I think you're trolling.

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I have provided a "reasonable idea to promote pvp" that I know with a logical argument. If it provoked you to respond emotionally or anyone else I apologise. I know for sure IF this was done, Some people would come back to PVP. I am just passionate about pvp before these were brought in and turned off of EQ2 pvp now. So, no trolling.

The OP said to post things that SOE might possibly implement.

Did you do that? No. SOE won't remove BGs/WF. Won't remove fast travel, mounts, or mercs.

Thought I did, read above. If they were to implement those ideas, "I believe" things would get better.

Here's what I think they should do:

1) Improve BGs/WF - more features, replayability, etc.

2) Improve fairness (especially concerning new players) and remove bugs from PvP

I don't expect much since Nagafen is not a popular server.

I think they've done an excellent job considering how small the PvP'er population is.

All I can say is that there is a pie, divide the pie too much and everyone complains that their share is not enough. It's really simple and logical to me.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
thephantomposter

Loremaster

Maybe someone can help me with this, I thought I remember naggy being up there in population/load with AB? or top 3?

If so, then the decline in naggy is not equal to the other servers, it seems to me it declined much faster which is around the time WFs and then BGs were implimented.

I could be wrong with this, anyone?

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
Baackdoor

Hero

latesttoon wrote:

Random Spawn of x2 or x4 mobs with massive HP in random zones every hour (or every other hour not to conflict with WF).. with server wide message:

The Giant Anaconda has spawned in the Kunzar Jungle.

This mob drops random decent loot (nothing massively advantageous, maybe even T3 PVP Gear)

It could also drop tokens. It should take a long time to kill... 

The problem with the WF, is it makes people only pvp every 2 hours... maybe the WF should be every hour..

or something should happen in KP ever 30mins.. 

example...

every 30minutes a random HARD heroic Mob spawns in KP in a random location, which drops 50 tokens.

This is a bad idea. Dont make pvp rely on pve. thats whats wrong with it now.

Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
Daalilama
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

TBH open world pvp area's used to be dictated by the community and not some carebear every 2 hour warfields....at the very least remove kp warfields reinstate the overland writ givers (that award tokens)...and let the community dictate the where and when....in other words stop copying failed ideas from wow, etc. 

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

Maybe someone can help me with this, I thought I remember naggy being up there in population/load with AB? or top 3?

If so, then the decline in naggy is not equal to the other servers, it seems to me it declined much faster which is around the time WFs and then BGs were implimented.

I could be wrong with this, anyone?

I know Naggy used to be one of the more populated servers, generally right up there with AB. I don't know when or why the population began to decline faster than the others, assuming it actualy did.

It's possible that BGs had a lot to do with the decline, tho. After all, I can easily see a lot of people making the same decision I recently did -- why bother with Naggy, when you can get all the BG PvP you want on a Blue server & not have to worry about leveling up while doing it? Heck, you practically don't need to worry about leveling up on Naggy as it is, because of the near-total lack of open world PvP.

Instanced PvP is boring as heck. I'd far rather put up with "griefers" ganking me in the open world, than deal with yet another instanced faction/token grind. But apparently, most Naggy players these days disagree, & that's sad.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote