EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
arthemis1er

Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118
Default

Mount menu has i think infinite space, so you can have as many mount you can/want (never heard anyone reaching the limit if there is one) but you cant have as many Appearance item we want.

I have several chest that i dont want to unpack because i know i will have to throw them because of lack of space even in bank.

Dont you think it would be nice to be able to stack those semi-worthless item without limits ? (by semi-worthless i mean they do not bring any advantage in the game beside looking good-über-idiotic )

This would be either through menu or thru an infinite space chest. After all, if you can summon 10 rhinos, 10 horses, and a few griffons, i'm pretty sure it's not too hard to find some rooms for a few robes.

I think it should be awesome if we could even have some artisan recipe or some vendor to transform (definitively of course to prevent exploit) a piece of equipement to Appearance.

I'm pretty sure this kind of topic has allready been made but i'm not sure it was brought to the attention of a developper.

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Mount menu has i think infinite space, so you can have as many mount you can/want (never heard anyone reaching the limit if there is one) but you cant have as many Appearance item we want.

I have several chest that i dont want to unpack because i know i will have to throw them because of lack of space even in bank.

Dont you think it would be nice to be able to stack those semi-worthless item without limits ? (by semi-worthless i mean they do not bring any advantage in the game beside looking good-über-idiotic )

This would be either through menu or thru an infinite space chest. After all, if you can summon 10 rhinos, 10 horses, and a few griffons, i'm pretty sure it's not too hard to find some rooms for a few robes.

I think it should be awesome if we could even have some artisan recipe or some vendor to transform (definitively of course to prevent exploit) a piece of equipement to Appearance.

I'm pretty sure this kind of topic has allready been made but i'm not sure it was brought to the attention of a developper.

You can have 20 mounts in that tab I believe, not more. Tested that when they offered temporary flying mounts a while back.

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
arthemis1er

Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Mount menu has i think infinite space, so you can have as many mount you can/want (never heard anyone reaching the limit if there is one) but you cant have as many Appearance item we want.

I have several chest that i dont want to unpack because i know i will have to throw them because of lack of space even in bank.

Dont you think it would be nice to be able to stack those semi-worthless item without limits ? (by semi-worthless i mean they do not bring any advantage in the game beside looking good-über-idiotic )

This would be either through menu or thru an infinite space chest. After all, if you can summon 10 rhinos, 10 horses, and a few griffons, i'm pretty sure it's not too hard to find some rooms for a few robes.

I think it should be awesome if we could even have some artisan recipe or some vendor to transform (definitively of course to prevent exploit) a piece of equipement to Appearance.

I'm pretty sure this kind of topic has allready been made but i'm not sure it was brought to the attention of a developper.

You can have 20 mounts in that tab I believe, not more. Tested that when they offered temporary flying mounts a while back.

First post edited in doubt. My request still stands SMILEY

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
arthemis1er

Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118
Default

Bump... Noone wants a cloth room/chest/tab besides me ?

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Banedon_Toran

Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 366
Default

I'd love a wardrobe house item, a re-skin of the armor sales display would be fine - tweaked so that it ignores no-trade/heirloom tags but equally doesn't function as sales crate. Make it so that we put these in our house vault then do the right-click > place type thing same as how sales crates work.
Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Jaremai

Loremaster
Jaremai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,271
Default

This request pops up occasionally and, being a robe junkie, I fully support the addition of something akin to multiple appearance layouts.

It's just database space, which is cheap, and a small change to the UI to add a drop-down box to the Appearance tab along with an Add, Rename, and Delete button.

To avoid using the tabs as infinite inventory space to store equipment in, consider changing the Appearance tab to work like the current Mercenary appearance does - applies the item but doesn't remove it from your inventory - ideally letting you store the items in your bank.

That functionality would also allow using the same item (example - boots of imperceptible beauty for those of us that run around barefoot) without having to have multiple copies of the item.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
darwich

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 840
Default

storing in the bank is the problem,.. i have several of the largest size boxes filled with appearence crap, plus some house vaults filled... would be nice to have a armoire that was like a harvest depot but held clothes..
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Crillus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ashen Dawn
Rank: Spark

Loremaster
Crillus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 150
Default

darwich wrote:

storing in the bank is the problem,.. i have several of the largest size boxes filled with appearence crap, plus some house vaults filled... would be nice to have a armoire that was like a harvest depot but held clothes..

Yes, something - particularly if it could store 'sets' of items to equip.

Crillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Rijacki

Tester
Rijacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,842
Default

I would love to be able to buy additional bank inventory spots from the Marketplace. I would be more than willing to pay for the database space I want to use. An additional 4 slots, even if I had to buy them per character, would be marvelous. I have one character with max boxes and max bags and they're nearly all full (she's my clotheshorse and I actually change her 'outfit' nearly every time I log on with her).

__________________
Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

Rijacki wrote:

I would love to be able to buy additional bank inventory spots from the Marketplace. I would be more than willing to pay for the database space I want to use. An additional 4 slots, even if I had to buy them per character, would be marvelous. I have one character with max boxes and max bags and they're nearly all full (she's my clotheshorse and I actually change her 'outfit' nearly every time I log on with her).

I have 7 characters, all wearing 6 x 44 slots boxes, most of them full, and also 44 slots boxes in every bank slot and they are mostly full as well ....

The point is it doesn't matter how much space they sell or not, it will be be back to full in no time SMILEY.

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light
Rank: Count

Loremaster
Alenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,938
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Mount menu has i think infinite space, so you can have as many mount you can/want (never heard anyone reaching the limit if there is one) but you cant have as many Appearance item we want.

I have several chest that i dont want to unpack because i know i will have to throw them because of lack of space even in bank.

Dont you think it would be nice to be able to stack those semi-worthless item without limits ? (by semi-worthless i mean they do not bring any advantage in the game beside looking good-über-idiotic )

This would be either through menu or thru an infinite space chest. After all, if you can summon 10 rhinos, 10 horses, and a few griffons, i'm pretty sure it's not too hard to find some rooms for a few robes.

I think it should be awesome if we could even have some artisan recipe or some vendor to transform (definitively of course to prevent exploit) a piece of equipement to Appearance.

I'm pretty sure this kind of topic has allready been made but i'm not sure it was brought to the attention of a developper.

You can have 20 mounts in that tab I believe, not more. Tested that when they offered temporary flying mounts a while back.

I think the limit is 50 but I could be wrong.

__________________
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
lillyofthevally

Loremaster
lillyofthevally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 103
Default

Rijacki wrote:

I would love to be able to buy additional bank inventory spots from the Marketplace. I would be more than willing to pay for the database space I want to use. An additional 4 slots, even if I had to buy them per character, would be marvelous. I have one character with max boxes and max bags and they're nearly all full (she's my clotheshorse and I actually change her 'outfit' nearly every time I log on with her).

Same here, I love the silly stuff on SC, but gimme more bank space and shared bank space, it would be fantastic! My "main" has a box for each slot of looks gear, and my cloak bag is full and sneaking in on the shoulders bag....I use all 44 slot rare bags in my shared/personal bank (for my main).

Even being able to pack sets of gear would be amazing. So many items I have picked up from achievements or SC and I havent even unpacked them because I just do NOT have room!

Also played a game where on their "sc" you could buy a bag that was huge like 500 slots, and it went inside your normal bag and all it held was ?'s, also had one for harvests! How fantastic would it be to have those?! Even if we had a bag that could go inside your bag and hold piles and piles of clothes /drools

__________________
If you can't play nice.......don't play!
lillyofthevally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #13
DrkVsr

Loremaster
DrkVsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Land of the Short Brown Kiwi
Posts: 2,041
Default

Would be nice to have in-house wardrobes (and armour stands), a start would be for the mannequins to actually store the items on display if you want (can still set it to display if you want to still wear the gear, or just wait until you outlevel it before you display it)

Ah got a few mannies because ah thought it would allow me to free up some space in mah bank while showing off some special sets (like V`Wak's first set of gear/weapons and the Tattered Teir`Dal and Emblazoned Freeport sets), displays it well enough but you have to either delete the gear afterwards (and pray nothing happens to the manny) or put it all back

But yes, having an appearance storage tab (like you have for the mounts and special currency) would be nice for those who would like to have more than one outfit (mah troll likes to change into his NoTD armour, but only when in combat and have his double wear his normal robes, being able to store the armour in a special tab would make things much easier, and free up inventory space)

__________________
V`Wak N`Ron: Teir`Dassin of the 56th Order, Gods of Najena
Htaed Ybdehcuotnu: Gnecro of the 40th Order, Gods of Najena
Phoendi Phyres: Eru-Din of the 28th Order, Gods of Najena
Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #14
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

You guys should really post this in the look and feel forum on this site. It's a great suggestion.

Personally, I'd like to see appearance tabs in our C (character) window that we can swap out for crafting/adventuring gear, simply by clicking on that tab and ticking "equip". Vanguard has something like this, with different tabs for adventuring, crafting and harvesting -- each allowing you to equip the gear on that tab depending on its use.

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #15
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster
Tyrus Dracofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,274
Default

i have been "Screaming for real Armor stands" for months and went unheard.

yes, i have so many armor sets and unopen crates in bank.

need real armor stand instead of dressing mannequins, and want special storage for them, like "Warehouse Vault" that we dont have yet.

"Fabled" shields and cool looking weapons we got from raids need to be made into house items, i hate to throw them away on vendors, some we cant get again.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #16
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

There has to be a limit to it.

Seriously. Do people not have self control that they can't *not* hoard every single little last thing?

My warlock has four boxes(40 slot boxes) of robes. I don't wear any of them. I just hoard them. I know people that are worse than that.

Holy criminey crikey people want all this space and all these things... and they cost money in database storage. WoW has the wardrobe saving thing people are asking about... its an equipment manager. Most use it to store sets of gear for different roles(tanking, dps, healing, whatever) others use it for RP gear(fluff clothes). The gear however has to be in your bags or your bank, doesn't go anywhere special, and if you're switching to that set thats in the bank, you have to have a bank transaction open to use it.

If anything, I'd prefer to see a vendor that you can sell all those items to who would store a list of what you sold to him. You can buy each of those pieces back for 1c. They will already be attuned, so you can't buy something and send it to an alt for later if it's an attunable that you've had forever and already had attuned it before, but youd be able to clear out your bags and that npc(could be a house item even!) would keep track of what you "gave" him or "stuck in the drawers" or whatever, that you could pull out for a copper.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #17
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

I'll just leave this here.

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #18
TorrynWoodsrunner

Fansite Staff
TorrynWoodsrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 185
Default

Hello, my name is Torryn Woodsrunner. And I am a clothes ho.

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. So there, I've admitted it.

I carry 44-slot strongboxes. Six of them. Three of them are dedicated to clothing. Teamed with several pages of macros to swap out clothing sets.

My bank is also full of 44-slot strongboxes. Eight of them (four more in the shared bank). Four of my regular bank boxes are filled with...you guessed it, clothing.

With the exception of a few select pieces, ALL this stored clothing is kept for one reason: appearance. I have cloth, leather, chain, and plate looks. I have armor collections I've assembled over time, collections I'm working to assemble, and collections I've dropped Station Cash on. Some are sentimental (That old level 20 armor quest, back when you had to -earn- your final class), some are entertaining (my Snappy Red and Green outfit for Frostfell), and some just look dang good on me (my Kejekan Scout Armor is just oh so sexy).

The problem here is not necessarily one of hoarding (funny comic though), or completism. I've gotten rid of more stuff than I can remember over my seven years of playing this game. The problem is that our ability to store things isn't keeping up with the amount of -really cool- stuff that we are being given to collect in our travels.

Setup a tab in the Character Window for 'Wardrobe'. This tab functions as another 'invisible bag', much like the Mounts tab (because let's face it, the Mounts tabs IS just another bag), but stores clothing pieces instead. Add another 2-5 pages to the Macros window to accomodate outfit swaps, and boom, it's done. Setup your outfit, create a macro for it, and move the pieces to the Wardrobe tab. Repeat for each outfit. Now you can click a macro and swap out gear just as if it were in a regular inventory bag.

Now, I'm not a code monkey. But seeing as they pulled off the mounts tab to give back some inventory space to those of us who collect mounts (guilty!), I don't see why they couldn't pull of something like the above as well.

How about those outfits you only pull out for special occasions? Why can't we have a dresser that we can store clothing in? We have moving crates that we can load with as many house items as our house item limit. Why not dressers and wardrobes that can hold clothing items? I'd imagine the coding would be somewhat similar as the moving crate, and individual furniture limits could vary based on the tier of the furniture.

Just some ideas...in any case, I fully support implementing some method of storing and managing wardrobe, especially since we're pretty much guaranteed to see more appearance gear in the SC Marketplace, and more fancy armors showing up in game.

TorrynWoodsrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
arthemis1er

Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118
Default

[email protected] wrote:

i have been "Screaming for real Armor stands" for months and went unheard.

yes, i have so many armor sets and unopen crates in bank.

need real armor stand instead of dressing mannequins, and want special storage for them, like "Warehouse Vault" that we dont have yet.

"Fabled" shields and cool looking weapons we got from raids need to be made into house items, i hate to throw them away on vendors, some we cant get again.

Let see i we can get a red name pop and at the very least acknowledge this need

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #20
DrkVsr

Loremaster
DrkVsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Land of the Short Brown Kiwi
Posts: 2,041
Default

Felshades wrote:

If anything, I'd prefer to see a vendor that you can sell all those items to who would store a list of what you sold to him. You can buy each of those pieces back for 1c. They will already be attuned, so you can't buy something and send it to an alt for later if it's an attunable that you've had forever and already had attuned it before, but youd be able to clear out your bags and that npc(could be a house item even!) would keep track of what you "gave" him or "stuck in the drawers" or whatever, that you could pull out for a copper.

You already can, it's called 'Vendor Buy Back', the only difference to what you are asking for is they cost the same to buy back as it did to sell (it's actually the reason ah no longer sell to vendors: if it's junk crap ah delete it on the spot)

__________________
V`Wak N`Ron: Teir`Dassin of the 56th Order, Gods of Najena
Htaed Ybdehcuotnu: Gnecro of the 40th Order, Gods of Najena
Phoendi Phyres: Eru-Din of the 28th Order, Gods of Najena
Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #21
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

DrkVsr wrote:

Felshades wrote:

If anything, I'd prefer to see a vendor that you can sell all those items to who would store a list of what you sold to him. You can buy each of those pieces back for 1c. They will already be attuned, so you can't buy something and send it to an alt for later if it's an attunable that you've had forever and already had attuned it before, but youd be able to clear out your bags and that npc(could be a house item even!) would keep track of what you "gave" him or "stuck in the drawers" or whatever, that you could pull out for a copper.

You already can, it's called 'Vendor Buy Back', the only difference to what you are asking for is they cost the same to buy back as it did to sell (it's actually the reason ah no longer sell to vendors: if it's junk crap ah delete it on the spot)

Buyback only holds so much stuff, and may or may not(havent checked) have their sellback list wiped on logout.

I'm looking for an NPC that you can sell armor and weapons to, clothes, cloaks, etc, and have him have the buyback price a 1c, and the list is persistent. There would of course have to be an upper limit to it, but if it doesn't store socketed adorns and reforging, it could just be kept as a DB list of X owned by Y instead of a major list of what and how it was redone etc. More like WoW's new Void Storage thing., but less expensive.

Their thing is more for long term storage.. but it wipes all enchants and gems, all reforging and just stores in a special DB the item ID and the character its associated with. It doesnt eat as much space on the server. That kind of thing is what I'm looking for.

You wouldn't be able to use it to store that spare set of armor of yours without losing runes and stuff, but it'd be an idea for the guys that own entirely too many clothes.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #22
DrkVsr

Loremaster
DrkVsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Land of the Short Brown Kiwi
Posts: 2,041
Default

Haven't really paid attention to the vendors, but ah believe they still have stuff ah sold when the BuyBack first went live

If you are worried about new junk you sell overriding older stuff you are using the vendor to 'hold' for you: simply buy it back, sell the crap you don't want to keep and then re-sell the item(s) you want 'held' (it's what ah did for awhile before giving up vendor selling altogether)

One thing ah'm not sure about: you keep saying you want an NPC to sell the items to but have the buyback at only 1c, do you mean you also want the sell price to be 1c as well? Otherwise it could be used as an exploit: sell something for 2g, buy it back for 1c, make a profit of 1g99s99c, rinse and repeat

__________________
V`Wak N`Ron: Teir`Dassin of the 56th Order, Gods of Najena
Htaed Ybdehcuotnu: Gnecro of the 40th Order, Gods of Najena
Phoendi Phyres: Eru-Din of the 28th Order, Gods of Najena
Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

DrkVsr wrote:

Haven't really paid attention to the vendors, but ah believe they still have stuff ah sold when the BuyBack first went live

If you are worried about new junk you sell overriding older stuff you are using the vendor to 'hold' for you: simply buy it back, sell the crap you don't want to keep and then re-sell the item(s) you want 'held' (it's what ah did for awhile before giving up vendor selling altogether)

One thing ah'm not sure about: you keep saying you want an NPC to sell the items to but have the buyback at only 1c, do you mean you also want the sell price to be 1c as well? Otherwise it could be used as an exploit: sell something for 2g, buy it back for 1c, make a profit of 1g99s99c, rinse and repeat

Could do that too.

My understanding though is that when you buy something from a vendor, you sell it back to them for a grand total of a quarter of what you paid for it. Vendor it for 2g, buy it back for a copper, but you'd still only get a copper reselling it back to the vendor cause that's what you paid for it.

You could even just set it so the guy only pays you a copper for it. Sell it as an "amenity" you put in your house. Hell, even make it station cash. Sell them singly or in double packs or something. Give it a decent item limit in how much it can hold, don't make them unique, and go from there.

Unfortunately I think this would be something you couldn't put in guild halls due to the nature of it, like personal harvest depots.. except that this thing would not be accessable by anyone else to prevent exploiting.

Say, for example.

I walk into my house with three boxes full of robes. Yes, I actually have this many on at least two characters... >.>

I walk over to this NPC. Think like the tradeskill apprentices, but a vendor interface instead. Race, gender, uniform customizable.

Hail, NPC. I have some stuff for you to hold on to. "Ok boss." You "sell" the stuff to the npc.. Maybe make the items sold worth a copper for all I know(pretty sure that there MUST be a sale price on an item to buy/sell from a vendor.. even stuff sold in the GM hold has a price on it SMILEY) and it appears in the vendor's buy back list.

You come back to your house a week later and hail the NPC again. /rp on "Yes, I'm looking for a dress I put in here last week...." Scroll through the buyback list till you find the item you're looking for(icon would have tooltips like they do now in your bags/bank or in a vendor sell/buy window), and give the good chap a copper coin to take it out of the wardrobe(again, the price needs to be there to make the transaction deal). Think of it as tipping the butler.

If that makes my idea clearer.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
Katz

Loremaster
Katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,601
Default

I would like something.  One suggestion is that you can set (maybe as an added reforger use) armor and weapons to "appearance only" and then make it unattuned heirloom.  That way my toons could "share" a wardrobe.  I would then need only one copy of a cloak instead of one per toon, etc.  In fact then my low level toon that hasn't accumulated appearance clothes could store my mains wardrobe.

In any case, I would love something that helps out with appearance item storage.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
Senya

Loremaster
Senya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ironforge Exchange
Posts: 1,754
Default

I rarely change clothes, but I do hang onto alot of gear just for appearance purposes because I decorate.  Being able to dress up a mannequin lots of different ways comes in handy.   I'd love to have some way to store this stuff that's not in my regular bank and bags. I'd kill for a crafting tab, too.

__________________

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #26
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Vendor buyback is not permanent storage.

I don't have a strong opinion either way on the topic. I have some characters with hoarding issues. I'd probably get a lot of use out of it, but it's not near the top of my list of wants and needs.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster
Tyrus Dracofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,274
Default

yes, i would love to get "crafter's dressing tab" too.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
Finora

Tester
Finora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,423
Default

Vendor buyback only has the last 10 or so items you've sold.  That's it. That is no solution.

I've been suggesting some sort of storage solution since they added all the appearance only, particularly the SC stuff. Who wants to buy more stuff with real cash if you don't have space to store it all and have to destroy something to buy something new?  I know I wouldn't.

I also know these things have been suggested to SOE people in person on at least 2 occassions.

We could use a few things:

1) Ability to repack things after we've unpacked them.

2) Ability to pack a set of items together (ie set of armor quest gear, set of X crafted gear etc).  Wouldn't it be wonderful to crate up a set of mastercrafted to sell? Or a set of furniture? Pack up a set of potions, totems or a full pack of arrows?

3) Real armor/gear stands so we could visibly store our armor not just show the appearance on the manniquins while the actual item is just taking up space in the bank/vault.

4) Some sort of house placeable actually usable wardrobe to hold this sort of thing.

I would happily buy "wardrobe space" or multiple ones if it were made available. And to keep crafters in the loop you could make the actual wardrobe like the sales crates. Crafter made with a rare or something.

However, as I see it, the lack of storage space (particularly from silver & bronze accounts where the money is mostly coming FROM the SC purchases) as a real problem. Seems only logical if players had more space to store things they buy they might buy more rather than just looking at their bank and thinking "oh well I've only got a small amount of space left, guess I'll pass."

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #29
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

Whoever is arguing about the vendor buyback failed to read where I mentioned the list would hold more than 10 items and never clear.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
Xianthia

Loremaster
Xianthia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 545
Default

I like the idea of having at home mannequins to put your gear on, that way you just have to run home and load up the mannequin/gear that you want to wear that day.  That way it's still on us to manage our things and not placed on a mechanic to sort it out.

I don't switch clothes that often, so for me that would be ideal.  A second suggestion would be an in-home valet that can hold all of your clothes, like the wardrobe.

The only thing that I can see as being a problem is too many tabs if they give us a tab-well I'd think would have to be broken out as head gear, bp/legs together, feet separate, and of course jewelery now? (clothes, keys, crafting and all the other tabs that have been suggested, plus the ones in existence already). The amount of items that would go there I can't even imagine.  The time spent on trying to view what item looks like what before putting it on I'd hate that lol

Some sort of at home management would be great.

(my apologies for an all over the place post, just got up and not sure where i was going with it :p )

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.