EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #61
Amnerys

Community Team

Sad news again. SMILEY Reeeeally hoping for tomorrow.

This time cross your fingers and your toes. And maybe your eyes, if you think it will help.

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #62
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Sad news again. Reeeeally hoping for tomorrow.

This time cross your fingers and your toes. And maybe your eyes, if you think it will help.

What a joke, no wonder SOE has such a awful reputation in the online gaming scene.

TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #63
eliziana

Loremaster

Hmmm. I REALLY hope these delays aren't caused by conversations like:

"So, we slashed the price of the Vitality Pot in the May Sale huh?"

"Yeah... but the thing is, people are buying em anyway to take advantage of the Double XP stuff"

"Huh, so if people are buying them, we'd just be doing ourselves out of some $$$"

"/nods"

"We better have a meeting to discuss this. You bring the coffee, I'll grab some donuts"

and on.. and on...

until, oh whoops, the double xp promo is over now, sorry guys!

eliziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #64
Grumble69

Loremaster

To be fair, SOE is going to be in the hot seat no matter how they go about it.  I know their original post was prefaced about how players would perceive it.  About the only way they'll come out squeeky clean is if the services are deeply discounted.  e.g. $1 witness protection packs, race potions and maybe $2 vitality potions.  Then nobody can claim they were out to fleece the discontented flock.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #65
Piidaumi

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

Most people were not aware of the sale since the article was only visible for around 24 hours, so there isn't anyone else asking for updates.

The sale is still happening, I believe the list is the same as was previously posted, and I'm still waiting for the final word that it's going live. I have nothing else to report until I get that word, unfortunately. We hope it'll be today, but I'm still seeing emails where the little kinks are being worked out. Once we're sure they're worked out, we'll be good to go!

Completely laughable.  Maybe while you're working things out you should mention that for a May 'Madness' sale, only listing 6 items that NO ONE WILL BUY... it's pretty awful.

A May Madness sale should have pretty much everything anywhere from 15-50% off depending on their previous value.  Heyy what's SOE actually know about good business though lol.

Piidaumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #66
Tigress

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Most people were not aware of the sale since the article was only visible for around 24 hours, so there isn't anyone else asking for updates.

The sale is still happening, I believe the list is the same as was previously posted, and I'm still waiting for the final word that it's going live. I have nothing else to report until I get that word, unfortunately. We hope it'll be today, but I'm still seeing emails where the little kinks are being worked out. Once we're sure they're worked out, we'll be good to go!

sorry but thats not correct.  there may have been a different article but the following has been posted since the lights returned and is still there:

http://www.everquest2.com/news/read...ent/3938.  (look just below the big picture with the ring in it.)

In addition, the May Madness sale in the Marketplace was postponed and will now be activated this Tuesday, May 17th. Keep an eye on EverQuest2.com for more details.

based on that message, i asked a CSR what happened to the sale when i had to call in for PW reset problem on the 17th.  he was clueless on that issue.  Later, i asked a GM when i had to send in a ticket for an in-game issue and the GM did some asking around to let me know that its been postponed with an UNK return date. 

it is not wise when SOE assumes that ppl dont care about updates.  if you'd update ppl, you'd have less ppl getting angry/upset.  the downtime was bad but if only we had gotten better updates & not just the the end of the day's cut & paste, then you would have gotten happier facebook postings.  i had all but given up on SOE when the games came back up.  the updates during downtime were poor at best.  never did the updates read, "it's taking us longer than we expected OR we think we will be up in 2 weeks but that is fluid and may change.  let's hope not."  nor was it explained "we finished addressing important security problem and are now testing it".  do you know how many ppl would have loved to see that?  they would have seen progress and typing something like that would not give away secrets, right? 

further, i never got an email telling me that the games were back (despite SOE having two of my email addresses due to multiple accounts).  email from SOE is not in spam folder.  the only reason why i discovered that SOE was up friday was bc it had become my nightly routine to check around your closing time AND i was double checking before i spent $20 on WoW. *NONE* of my guildmates received an email from you and we still have guildmates MIA.  wanna bet that they think the lights are still out in norrath?

its the same thing here.  all ppl want is an update.  okay, so the sale had to be postponed.  eh, big deal.  ppl can wait with anticipation.  BUT, not a word was said so then ppl get angry bc they think "OMG they are going to fail to follow thru"  why wasn't the delay posted on the same page or at least site where the news of its arrival was posted?  post some info and then you won't have threads asking "WHAT'S GOING ON?!?".  don't those posts drive you guys bananas?  you can give updates without sharing trade secrets :p.

not everybody is going to be vocal, many will just say "forget this, i dont like being kept in the dark" and walk on. a teeny bit of information goes a long way.  (i.e., saying something like "games will be back in approximately 1-3 weeks but that is still fluid" or "sale will be postponed approximately 1-5 days".)  i was not posting on facebook about how much SOE is horrible and how i'm jumping ship, i was simply doing it by trying other games.  (i dont normally "do" facebook--virus prone place-- but you guys forced me to go there for tidbits bc your main FR page was never updated.)

as mentioned above, it's only due to timing that i did not move on to WoW by investing cash into the game simply bc i had GIVEN UP on SOE, due to the failure to communiate by SOE.  there is no way that i was alone in that.  i was not and am not angry at SOE that SOE was hacked.  i was very irritated that SOE failed to give an estimated timeframe or something indicating that SOE was actually making progress.  and here you are doing it, AGAIN, so soon.  granted a sale postponement is very minor and in no way would make 99.99% of the ppl leave.  this failure to communicate's timeframe is way too close to the time when norrath went dark so that makes it even more annoying.

p.s. i am not threatening to leave nor am i going to leave bc of a sale being postponed.  i am merely pointing out the failure to communicate and begging SOE to change!

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #67
Nrgy

Lord

Tigress wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

sorry but thats not correct.  there may have been a different article but the following has been posted since the lights returned and is still there:

http://www.everquest2.com/news/read...ent/3938.  (look just below the big picture with the ring in it.)

In addition, the May Madness sale in the Marketplace was postponed and will now be activated this Tuesday, May 17th. Keep an eye on EverQuest2.com for more details.

based on that message, i asked a CSR what happened to the sale when i had to call in for PW reset problem on the 17th.  he was clueless on that issue.  Later, i asked a GM when i had to send in a ticket for an in-game issue and the GM did some asking around to let me know that its been postponed with an UNK return date. 

it is not wise when SOE assumes that ppl dont care about updates.  if you'd update ppl, you'd have less ppl getting angry/upset.  the downtime was bad but if only we had gotten better updates & not just the the end of the day's cut & paste, then you would have gotten happier facebook postings.  i had all but given up on SOE when the games came back up.  the updates during downtime were poor at best.  never did the updates read, "it's taking us longer than we expected OR we think we will be up in 2 weeks but that is fluid and may change.  let's hope not."  nor was it explained "we finished addressing important security problem and are now testing it".  do you know how many ppl would have loved to see that?  they would have seen progress and typing something like that would not give away secrets, right? 

further, i never got an email telling me that the games were back (despite SOE having two of my email addresses due to multiple accounts).  email from SOE is not in spam folder.  the only reason why i discovered that SOE was up friday was bc it had become my nightly routine to check around your closing time AND i was double checking before i spent $20 on WoW. *NONE* of my guildmates received an email from you and we still have guildmates MIA.  wanna bet that they think the lights are still out in norrath?

its the same thing here.  all ppl want is an update.  okay, so the sale had to be postponed.  eh, big deal.  ppl can wait with anticipation.  BUT, not a word was said so then ppl get angry bc they think "OMG they are going to fail to follow thru"  why wasn't the delay posted on the same page or at least site where the news of its arrival was posted?  post some info and then you won't have threads asking "WHAT'S GOING ON?!?".  don't those posts drive you guys bananas?  you can give updates without sharing trade secrets :p.

not everybody is going to be vocal, many will just say "forget this, i dont like being kept in the dark" and walk on. a teeny bit of information goes a long way.  (i.e., saying something like "games will be back in approximately 1-3 weeks but that is still fluid" or "sale will be postponed approximately 1-5 days".)  i was not posting on facebook about how much SOE is horrible and how i'm jumping ship, i was simply doing it by trying other games.  (i dont normally "do" facebook--virus prone place-- but you guys forced me to go there for tidbits bc your main FR page was never updated.)

as mentioned above, it's only due to timing that i did not move on to WoW by investing cash into the game simply bc i had GIVEN UP on SOE, due to the failure to communiate by SOE.  there is no way that i was alone in that.  i was not and am not angry at SOE that SOE was hacked.  i was very irritated that SOE failed to give an estimated timeframe or something indicating that SOE was actually making progress.  and here you are doing it, AGAIN, so soon.  granted a sale postponement is very minor and in no way would make 99.99% of the ppl leave.  this failure to communicate's timeframe is way too close to the time when norrath went dark so that makes it even more annoying.

p.s. i am not threatening to leave nor am i going to leave bc of a sale being postponed.  i am merely pointing out the failure to communicate and begging SOE to change!

^^^ This is an extremely well thought out constructed post. 

I don’t share these sentiments specifically on this issue, but the topic is inarguable at its core.  I was compelled to read it thoroughly because it was well written and flowed from the OP’s point of view in a mature and compelling way.  Not a single myopic whiny word to be found, well done. 

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #68
Amnerys

Community Team

Thursday update: (why does this feel like a Captain's Log?) Looks like we're nearly there. I'll update again later today as news comes in.

About that article that's out of date now... It's actually hidden on the front page of EverQuest2.com so you can only find it if you already had the link. I know it shows on the Launcher...nothing I can do about that yet (though that reminds me I've got a request to put in with the Launcher team, heh).

In the interest of being totally open, because I like to be, here's my sad story... my hard drive died last week, and I'm having to reinstall everything. The program we use to publish news pages will not install properly and I have a ticket in to get it fixed. Still waiting. In the meantime, other CM's are putting up EQII news for me, but I hate to bother them too much because they're all so busy. So I just carry on slowly getting 3 years of tools, settings, cookies, passwords, etc. etc. all reset and back to my liking. /sigh

However, I will get someone to update that today if possible. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Stay tuned for more info on the sale.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #69
Nrgy

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

In the interest of being totally open, because I like to be, here's my sad story... my hard drive died last week, and I'm having to reinstall everything. The program we use to publish news pages will not install properly and I have a ticket in to get it fixed. Still waiting. In the meantime, other CM's are putting up EQII news for me, but I hate to bother them too much because they're all so busy. So I just carry on slowly getting 3 years of tools, settings, cookies, passwords, etc. etc. all reset and back to my liking. /sigh

However, I will get someone to update that today if possible. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Stay tuned for more info on the sale.

^^^ Shame, Shame on you

http://us.norton.com/ghost/

Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #70
Amnerys

Community Team

Correction: I was thinking of the pre-downtime article I had posted. Now I see that your link is to the Welcome Back Program article. It's been updated now. I commandeered Ashlanne's PC.

And yeah, backups would be nice, huh? SMILEY

Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #71
Jaremai

Loremaster

Sadly the longer this "sale" doesn't get re-implemented, the more it does look like an intentional delay because people are buying +vit potions at full price due to double xp.  (I didn't propose that so don't yell at me for being a conspirator.)

If the "sale" doesn't kick in until after Sunday due to whatever reason, that conspiracy theory will just be exacerbated.

Nothing will change though, people will still buy them and life will go on.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #72
Piidaumi

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

Correction: I was thinking of the pre-downtime article I had posted. Now I see that your link is to the Welcome Back Program article. It's been updated now. I commandeered Ashlanne's PC.

And yeah, backups would be nice, huh?

All is well that you're working on getting this update... well... up.  You however have still not told us why the list is hardly a sale and more of a waste of time.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #73
noluuk

Loremaster

theres a list??

noluuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #74
Piidaumi

Lord

noluuk wrote:

theres a list??

First page, eigth post.

And it's pretty much confirmed here:

Amnerys wrote:

The sale is still happening, I believe the list is the same as was previously posted, and I'm still waiting for the final word that it's going live.

That the list is confirmed.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #75
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Sadly the longer this "sale" doesn't get re-implemented, the more it does look like an intentional delay because people are buying +vit potions at full price due to double xp.  (I didn't propose that so don't yell at me for being a conspirator.)

If the "sale" doesn't kick in until after Sunday due to whatever reason, that conspiracy theory will just be exacerbated.

Nothing will change though, people will still buy them and life will go on.

FYI ... there was a break down in the RAF system beginning on the first day the servers came back up AND it was stated before the outage that the RAF system which was previously taken down WAS back up ... conspiracy?

• It was posted as a bug and acknowledged buy the same Red name as is posting updates here.
  • It was said the Bug was found and being looked at by Red
  • It was said that the proper departments (web?) was notified and 'looking into it'by Red
  • The RAF system was back up and running as normal by Tuesday
  • ??
  • Profit
  • No Conspiacy here ... move along

This issue is no different.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #76
Tigress

Loremaster

thank you!  SMILEY  that was very nice of you to say SMILEY

Nrgy wrote:

Tigress wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

^^^ This is an extremely well thought out constructed post. 

I don’t share these sentiments specifically on this issue, but the topic is inarguable at its core.  I was compelled to read it thoroughly because it was well written and flowed from the OP’s point of view in a mature and compelling way.  Not a single myopic whiny word to be found, well done. 

Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #77
Nrgy

Lord

Piidaumi wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

And yeah, backups would be nice, huh?

All is well that you're working on getting this update... well... up.  You however have still not told us why the list is hardly a sale and more of a waste of time.

Sale! Sale! Sale! (borrowed from page#1 post#SMILEY

• Additional Character Slot -- Regular Price: 1000 -- Sale Price: 700
  • Potion of Disgenderment -- Regular Price: 750 -- Sale Price: 500
  • Guild Rename Potion -- Regular Price: 2450 -- Sale Price: 1750
  • Race Potion -- Regular Price: 1450 -- Sale Price: 1000
  • Potion of Amnesia -- Regular Price: 950 -- Sale Price: 700
  • Character Transfer Token -- Regular Price: 2450 -- Sale Price: 1750
  • Character Copy Token -- Regular Price: 2450 -- Sale Price: 1750
  • Norrathian Witness Protection Pack -- Regular Price: 1750 -- Sale Price: 1000
  • ------------------
  • Charm of Escape -- Regular Price: 50 -- Sale Price: 25
  • Potion of Quickened -- Regular Price: 50 -- Sale Price: 25
  • Summoning Charm -- Regular Price: 75 -- Sale Price: 50
  • Scroll of Tracking -- Regular Price: 50 -- Sale Price: 25
  • Portable Globe of Swift Travel -- Regular Price: 150 -- Sale Price: 100
  • Potion of Vitality -- Regular Price: 950 -- Sale Price: 700

If you lose out on buying all your vitality pots ... go ahead and buy them now .. then send me your CC # (including your 3 digit code) and SSN  and I'll make sure you get your $2.50 back per potion.

Another option would be, I bet my bottom dollar, you can buy Vitality pots from the in-game auction channel via the gifting mechanics for Plat.  There are tons of ppl who took advantage of the last 1/2 price Station Cash sale.  They get to buy thier pots for $3.50 when they eventually go on sale, which is a far better deal then the $9.50 they are right now for you or $4.75 for them.  Of course I'm sure some people, maybe even some of the whiners in the thread, who DID buy 1/2 price SC and are STILL waiting for the sale.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #78
Grumble69

Loremaster

This is almost like a bad joke.  How many SOE staff members does it take to turn on the "For Sale" sign?  More than it takes to screw in a light bulb.  :p

Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #79
ATLDawgy

Loremaster

I'm seeing sale items but not the entire list. Under Services, Additional Character Slot is listed twice and Character Transfer Token is listed twice but no Witness Protection or any of the other services. Still buggy?
ATLDawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #80
Nrgy

Lord

Grumble69 wrote:

This is almost like a bad joke.  How many SOE staff members does it take to turn on the "For Sale" sign?  More than it takes to screw in a light bulb.  :p

I have/do work in a corporate IT environment and can tell you that ...

• I write code for databases which I can NOT touch. 
  • I also write HTML, dot/Net and C# code for webpages which I can NOT deploy.
  • I also work on servers which I am NOT allowed to have administrator rights too.
  • I work with monkeys who think they know stuff about computers becasue they were the smartest ones in their remedial classes and passed with a C+.

You can Thank capitalism, Enron or Sarbains & Oxley for these environments, but blaming the code monkeys is the wrong way to go.  Personally, I think it is THE most stupid thing to do, but then again I think people who work in my tech-Services (the Server administrators) are the biggest bunck of I-D-10-T Error handlers around.  The first thing I do when I get a server or PC from them is F: Disk that bad boy and set it up correctly.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #81
Morrias
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm seeing sale items but not the entire list. Under Services, Additional Character Slot is listed twice and Character Transfer Token is listed twice but no Witness Protection or any of the other services. Still buggy?

Yeah theres stuff on sale, a lot of its listed twice or even three times and theres things missing.. Including character transfer tokens which is really the only thing I want.. SMILEY

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #82
Grumble69

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

• I also work on servers which I am NOT allowed to have administrator rights too.
  • I work with monkeys who think they know stuff about computers becasue they were the smartest ones in their remedial classes and passed with a C+.

You can Thank capitalism, Enron or Sarbains & Oxley for these environments, but blaming the code monkeys is the wrong way to go.  Personally, I think it is THE most stupid thing to do, but then again I think people who work in my tech-Services (the Server administrators) are the biggest bunck of I-D-10-T Error handlers around.  The first thing I do when I get a server or PC from them is F: Disk that bad boy and set it up correctly.

Here's a cookie for you.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #83
ATLDawgy

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

LOL.  Good stuff.  Capitalism is great but many people only talk about the stuff they've been spoon fed.  Real capitalism means everyone has the same goal, get the most out of the lowest cost.  It doesn't matter where you are in the chain.  A consumer wants to buy a product/service at the cheapest cost.  A producer/provider wants to offer their product at the cheapest cost.  Never does capitalism attempt to do for the "common good". 

What this means for most corporations is when costs have to be cut typically the first thing to be sacrificed is quality and the second is customer service.  Sounds stupid but most upper management monkeys are in bed with Sales and their highest priority is completing the next sale, maintaining existing relationships is secondary as they hope existing customers will deal with any hardships and stick around in hopes of seeing eventual improvement.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #84
ATLDawgy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah theres stuff on sale, a lot of its listed twice or even three times and theres things missing.. Including character transfer tokens which is really the only thing I want..

FYI, I'm seeing all the expected items under Services now!  Buy buy buy!

And just when I was about to make my purchases the prices went back to regular.  WTB QA!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #85
Amnerys

Community Team

I'm starting to think there's a reason this was called a May "Madness" sale.   In light of many recent events, this has been much more of an ordeal than it should have been, by miles. Suffice it to say that there are still people working on getting the sale live, and as soon as they are able to get it live (without errors) there are at least a handful of people I know here who will be dancing. Or drinking. Or both. Whichever suits your image of us. hehehe

I have faith in Friday. It's not Friday the 13th. It can happen.

Wait a moment...wait a moment...

Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #86
ATLDawgy

Loremaster

Mmmhmm, I see it, but for how long?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #87
Tigress

Loremaster

it's working for me.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #88
Morrias

Loremaster

So the sale thing seems to be working but I still don't see a character transfer token...

Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #89
Morrias

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So the sale thing seems to be working but I still don't see a character transfer token...

Nevermind I keep getting errors. Though I haven't seen the character transfer token since SOE came back up.. :

Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #90
Amnerys

Community Team

Looks like we're still working out a few kinks. Teams are still at work on it, and it might get kicked off before the day is done (PST) but I'm going to say let's not call it official just yet...