EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
ogie

Greetings, Friends!

I am just about to hit 33.6, and was trying to figure out - what is the difference between Surge of Flames and Intromission, with respect to providing mana to the healer (or whomever), and the spells in general? Is it just two of the same things with different timers?

At the same time, I recently received the Intensify spell, and upgraded it to App 4 (as you all know *most* of our spells post 30 cannot be found for sale at any price at the Adept 1+ levels) ... and what is confusing to me is that it appears to be an upgrade to Amplification (which I have Adept 1 for). However, Amp is still yellow, while Intensify is orange. They overwrite each other, and what is oddest of all, the Power stats are higher for Amp than for Intensify... what is the story here?

Finally, I have recently received (and upgraded to App 4) the Tether spell, whereas I still have the Adept 1 version of Frozen Manacles, now blue to me... what do I use to root?

Thanks,
Twilshar
Wizard
Explorers of Legend - Patron / Site Maintainer
Najena Server
ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #2
Pacor

I still haven't found Tether app4, so Manacles still my preferred root. Most of my latest spells (34) are leaving me just as confused as you are... By the way, in case it helps, I looted a Freezing Wind (34 Cold DoT AOE) Adept I from an orc in the Zek mines, so there's some hope. I think it's been the only Adept I I have seen (loot or broker) in the past 8 levels.
Pacor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Sorano

Loremaster

ogiers wrote:
Greetings, Friends!

I am just about to hit 33.6, and was trying to figure out - what is the difference between Surge of Flames and Intromission, with respect to providing mana to the healer (or whomever), and the spells in general? Is it just two of the same things with different timers?

At the same time, I recently received the Intensify spell, and upgraded it to App 4 (as you all know *most* of our spells post 30 cannot be found for sale at any price at the Adept 1+ levels) ... and what is confusing to me is that it appears to be an upgrade to Amplification (which I have Adept 1 for). However, Amp is still yellow, while Intensify is orange. They overwrite each other, and what is oddest of all, the Power stats are higher for Amp than for Intensify... what is the story here?

Finally, I have recently received (and upgraded to App 4) the Tether spell, whereas I still have the Adept 1 version of Frozen Manacles, now blue to me... what do I use to root?

Thanks,
Twilshar
Wizard
Explorers of Legend - Patron / Site Maintainer
Najena Server

I still have use Amplification over Intensify at lvl 39, simply because Amp provides a better stat boost. I have Tether at adept1 and I find it useful in groups if we get an add. I would still use FM when soloing but when grouping, Tether is preferable. It works most of the time for me, but I do seem to have a hard time rerooting a mob with it once it breaks. 

Surge of Flames and Intromission are very handy spells. I use them all the time to reduce downtime for the healer, but where they really shine is when you are in trouble and the healer is OOP. Surge of Flames transfers more power, but Intromission is usually  your best bet during a pull because it doesnt have a stun effect . Lets just say that at the moment I am using both spells a LOT and leave it at that shall we.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
schom

not to mention you can use surge of flames and intromission on yourself...........effectively giving you 4 mana regen spells......good enough to give you about 1/2 power from nothing out of combat.

those spells have actually given us a place against raid type 100K hitpoint mobs.......obviously we cant do sustained damage, but we can flip into mana battery mode for the healer so the fight can last indefinately.
schom is offline   Reply With Quote