EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-03-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
CautRosetho

title says it all
CautRosetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #2
Ulke

before the AE nerf, yes it was completely, utterly and ridiculously useless. now however, with large groups of mobs i find myself using it, even at lvl 44, to fill in the dull space while waiting for my other ae's to recycle. it does decent damage, alot more than my old nerfed one.
Ulke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
CautRosetho

ah, ok.. so it's like conflagration! hehe
CautRosetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #4
FrostP

General

At 33 I cycle Chilling Wind followed by Pyre followed by umm...the electricity one lol.

If you follow Ice with fire you always get a better fire hit becuase of cold debuffs. As a result I can get 100+ damage per target that way. My only issue with it is it takes forever to cast, usualy meaning the only mobs its usefull on (none ^) die to group damage before I can get it off!
FrostP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 AM   #5
Stavenh

I use it first or second. If the mobs are higher con, second with Chilling winds first. Lower con, first. The long cast time is what I call the aggro buffer time. Meaning it lets the tank get a little extra aggro.
Stavenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
Pacor

I only use it when it doesn't really matter if I use it or not, i.e. very easy encounters. I don't feel the DPS is worth at all. Using it on the mob everyone else is whacking is a complete waste, so switch targets before starting to cast.
Pacor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
schom

if you could chain your AE's it wouldnt be a problem, well, aside from the cast time.  I usually stop assisting, cast freezing wind, then pyre to scorching pulse......start assisting again and go straight for DD.  AE is only benificial in 5+ encounters IMO.
schom is offline   Reply With Quote